Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:41 pm
@spendius,

Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5220520)
Quote:
I repeat, I have absolutely no trouble with the word "decide" at all. You ought really to come to grips with the fact that you suppose I do not merely to support your increasingly bizarre position.

MYOH.

Marking it or not...I absolutely have no trouble with the word "decide." But keep repeating it...and perhaps you will convince yourself otherwise.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I do not have to describe an abortion from any position in order to be of the opinion that if a woman decides for any reason to end a pregnancy occurring in her own body, she should have the right to do so.

I'll let you get away with that when you answer the questions about rights to have no kids, abortion every pregnancy, 12 kids, eat up to 300 pounds, starve themselves to death, and, for a bloke, to dodge the draft. And the rights of the unborn kid.

You will "let me get away with it" because you have absolutely no choice. But I got a kick out of your thinking you do.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Aha...so if a person is not able to decode an "acronym" made up on the spot...it means that person is slow on the uptake.

Yes--when the expression had been used so many times I had got fed up typing it all out. I use NATO as well. And UNESCO. I decided to use the acronym because I knew how often it was going to come in handy and now I have taught it to you I'm sure it will. MYOH is your statutory obligation.

WABOHS

Quote:
Quote:
If you think you want to describe any of those things...do so. It will not impact at all on my position.

The operation has not been shown on TV, and many others have. precisely because a graphic depiction would seriously impact most people's position. Perhaps you have a less sensitive disposition than most people. I wouldn't dream of putting what literary skills I possess into shocking A2Kers to quite that extent.

As I said, "if you think you want to describe any of those things...do so. It will not impact at all on my position."

If you choose not to, be my guest. I certainly wouldn't want any A2Kers shocked to find you have any literary skills. Wink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lots of things. Perhaps if you opened your mind a crack, you could think of a few yourself.

Suggest one for thread operations which is what we are on. "Lots of things" is very cheapjack MYOH.

Since the response dealt with "What can possibly be more worthwhile than hoping that just one reader here takes pause for thought before having an abortion or pressuring a woman to have one. Or even acquiescing."...even some of the incest threads qualify. Find 'em if you want.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You would have done better making that sentence one of your silly acronyms, Spendius. It makes less sense than your argument...and that makes almost no sense.

Are all the others who make the argument against abortion as silly as I am. "Silly" is MYOH. And if silly is appropriate where does "almost" come from?

I was being kind to you. You are getting mauled...both by me and by self infliction.

Just being kind.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, I am not feeble-minded...and I know many others who support this position who are not feeble-minded. Because I disagree with your position, I certain am not so insecure as to label anyone who promotes it to be feeble-minded. You ought work on what it is about you that causes you to do this kind of thing so often.

I didn't say, or imply, that you are feeble-minded although your inability to read what I wrote suggests you are.

You indicated that the arguments which I am making have traction only with the feeble-minded...so you certainly implied that I am feeble-minded.

C'mon, Spendius, you can do better than this. You are embarrassing not only yourself, but me in a way. You are making me look like I am in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My dear, dear friend, you have not made an argument that I have not answered...and demonstrated that alternate perspectives work just fine. In fact, I cannot remember an argument you have made that I have not demonstrated a better counter argument.

MYOH. And forget the dear friend shite. I don't even talk to promoters of abortion in the pub.

Well, my dear friend, you ARE discussing abortion rights with me (not promotion of abortion)...so what you do or do not discuss in your pub has no bearing on this. And please, spare us details of what you do in your pub--it sounds very unsavory. Wink
reasoning logic

@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
You do not mind doing it, someone got mad and blocked you...You got mad, and are lashing out at me which is BS...because that video did not offend you...And no one else said that it did...either

I am not lashing out, only looking out for you because I thought that you liked her and I know she does not like that kind of stuff and that is why I thought you should have deleted it.
Never mind Spades like I said you will be forgiven for your trespasses because you are of like minds.

Good night Spades.
XXSpadeMasterXX

@reasoning logic,
Because you are just clutting straws because your pissed that someone blocked you...

No one is going to be offended by that video, and if they are...I won't post one like it again....

Did your video degrade the beliefs or lacks of people? Or have racial slanders in it?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:44 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
BTW a video made for people to laugh at is different than someone making a video on youtube to laugh at Jesus.

That is where you are wrong and I think you should debate me on that point of view tomorrow because I did not see it as putting Jesus down but the way people interpret Jesus's message.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Good night Spades.

Good, Good night Logic...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
That is where you are wrong and I think you should debate me on that point of view tomorrow because I did not see it as putting Jesus down but the way people interpret Jesus's message.

And I am telling you the truth right now mate...Before tomorrow even comes...I don't feel like doing it mate...I did not see it...Don't really want too...And what happened between you 2 has nothing to do with me....and it is a lose/lose for me to even get involved so I am not going to do it...
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:00 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I am sorry. I should not have said "Spade might ................" in that post. I did not mean for you to get drug into this. It has absolutely nothing to do with you. I am so sorry if he is giving you a hard time about it.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
It is not your fault at all hun...and please do not think it is....Because I certainly do not feel that it is....

I respect the fact that you just are not interested in being his friend....

As I also respect how you said I think he is a good guy...Because we are friends...

But no one is obligated to like somene else just because 2 others may be friends...Or agree about things...

I just do not respect the fact he decided to try to bring me into it...Because he was hurt that you blocked him, and do not want to be his friend....And he has to understand that that is your right if you do not want to be friends...Maybe someday you will...but right now your mind is made up....

And if he is my friend....I would just like for him to not lash out at me...Or keep trying to bring me into it....

Because if your not interested in being his....because of his actions....Then you have that right....And it has nothing to do with me....And there is nothing I can do...As I am not going to lie to you...Just to try to convince you of something other than what you think is true....And I do not understand what he would want me to say about it....Or thinks I could do...It is up to him to show you he wants to be your friend...by being sincere and stop posting videos that would offend you....If he does not want to...As that is who he is....Then you 2 will probably never see eye to eye....But if he wants to be your friend that bad....He will stop doing it...

I will support him as my friend...Always....

But I respect you do not see him as a friend of yours....And as his friend....I think he needs to understand that if that if how you see him....Then that is just the way it is....And not to turn on other people who are his friends...

Because it just makes it even harder for me to help the situation if you 2 ever did want to be friends again....

Or I would lose a friend in the end...One way or another...And there isn't even a reason for him to keep bringing me into it...Or a reason to get involved unless you 2 wanted to be friends....but then you would not even need me to do that anyways, because all 3 of us would be....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 11:58 pm
@Arella Mae,
Right now, The ball is in his court if he ultimately wants to be your friend...

All he would have to do is refrain from posting videos about religion like that....that you take offense too...

And there is nothing that I could do about it....Because he has to be willing to do it himself....But I do not think he understands this....

And thinks I can do something that I am incapable of doing....

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 05:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Right now, The ball is in his court if he ultimately wants to be your friend...

All he would have to do is refrain from posting videos about religion like that....that you take offense too...

I find that to be a bit silly Spades.

Tell me something If Arella Mae never said anything bad to me personally but posted videos that made fun of science or atheism and it offended me wouldn't the best thing for me to do is not watch them?

I liked the video myself but if it were me I would not have used the language he used.

He pointed out in the bible where it says not to be like the pagans and have decorated trees at the winter solstice like we do for Jesus on his Birthday, he also pointed out that all of the Gods that were worshiped before your God "pagan Gods" were worshiped on Jesus birthday. Wouldn't that be like having Jewish history day on Hitlers Birthday?

Why celebrate Jesus Birthday on the same day that the Pagan Gods were worshiped?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 07:06 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spades I thought that you might find humor in this so if you do not want to respond here then hit me up with a pm. Wink

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 08:12 pm
Will there ever come a time when we can start talking about intellectual honesty without hurting the feelings of each other and start talking about moral responsibilities?

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 12:50 am
@reasoning logic,
But I already said I do not wish to get into the details about it...

I am not saying if I think there are reasons why you have posted those videos other than how Arella sees them...Or not...

All that I am saying is she does not want to be your friend right now, because of them...It obviously bothers you...Because you want her to be yours, or would like to explain to her...How they are different than the way she sees them...Because that is how it seems you are saying YOU care...But she is not interested in that...But having you stop posting them, all together...Because that is the way you show her that YOU care...And they offend her...Because that is how she shows that SHE cares...And if you are to be her friend...There is no other thing you could do here...to be friends, because her mind is made up....And so is yours...

So you have 2 options between you 2...

1. You can stop posting them all together, and you 2 can maybe become great friends one day...

2. Or option 2...You keep posting them, because that is who you are....And you do not see anything wrong with them...And think the way she sees it is different then the ways you intent them....But if you chose this option, she is not going to be your friend....And that is just the truth to it all...

And you have the choice...And the ability to make the option....And have to live with whatever option you chose...

If you decide to keep posting them...because that is who you are...And you do not see anything wrong with them....Or intent them in different ways (or however you would fully explain it) (which is your right) then she has no obligation to be your friend....(and that is her right) (because she has no obligation to see the videos in the ways you see them, if she sees it differently, and it offends her...Or however she would fully explain her position)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 01:15 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
If you decide to keep posting them...because that is who you are...And you do not see anything wrong with them....Or intent them in different ways (or however you would fully explain it) (which is your right) then she has no obligation to be your friend....(and that is her right) (because she has no obligation to see the videos in the ways you see them, if she sees it differently, and it offends her...Or however she would fully explain her position)

And I don't think she wants to change you...

But if you 2 are to be friends...You have to make a choice mate...

You can't decide to keep posting them, then have her block you and be pissed at her or anyone else...Because you know when you make the choice...What is going to come with the choice you make...

Do you want to post the religious videos bad enough? Or do you want a new friend more?

Its up to you mate...

And you have to live with the choice...you make...
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 01:38 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spades you seem to be kicking a can down the road. let me pick it up and hand it to you.
You can not be friends with everyone because not everyone will be empathic towards you. Cool

When are you going to answer the simple questions I asked?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 01:54 am
@reasoning logic,
So then you have already decided that you want to continue to post them?

Then you can't get pissed at her, or anyone else if they get upset and block you...

I am not interested in answering your hypothetical...Because I have never seen Arella post a video making fun of atheism...Then had you block her....And have her chose between stop posting them so you unblocked her...Or continue to post videos that make fun of athesim....

She has never done it, and why she did not understand why you were...

And it is a feeble hypothetical....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 02:04 am
@reasoning logic,
We have already talked about the first video...I am not sure there will ever come a time when people do not hurt eachother...And care about "morallity" from our own "intellectually honest ways" because it is all subjective to every person...

And everyone is not able to be empathetic to the point where...They are willing to abondon their own morality to see morality as exactly how someone else would...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 04:14 am
@reasoning logic,
Do you agree? Do you disagree?

You ask me what I think?...I say, I do not want to say, what I think...

Then you ask me again? So I say what I think....and you tell me I am kicking a can?

Why did you ask me twice?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 04:46 am
@reasoning logic,
Sorry, I wanted to make a new post...

Quote:
Spades you seem to be kicking a can down the road. let me pick it up and hand it to you.
You can not be friends with everyone because not everyone will be empathic towards you.

So you ask me what I think? I say I do not want to say what I think....You ask me again? So, I say what I think...And you tell me that I am kicking a can? And give me words of encouragement? Or try to explain how I am wrong? Why?

Do you not realize I answered you, and explained it because you asked me twice? And gave the impression you did not understand it?

I was not answering to get involved, or take a side....But to explain it because it seemed you did not understand...

Why make it look like it was me who did not understand? Or who had the problem? Or am not friends?

Please do not try to make it look like I do not understand....Or am taking a side...because I am not...I was just explaining it because it seemed that you did not...

That is why I said I did not want to get involved...

If you want to answer these questions....Then please answer the questions that pertain to you and I...only...So that I KNOW that you understand...exactly what I am saying to you...

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2013 05:22 am
@Arella Mae,
I just want to say again...With that word trap that Logic laid out...

I do not think you are wrong, if you feel those videos are offensive....

And I respect your view of blocking someone who you think is disrespecting you....

Always take care of yourself! Wink And you know what God is saying to you...And you can't be far off...Wink

0 Replies