Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I will be back soon, I have to feed the neighbor's animals while they are away before it gets dark.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:19 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Then why would an atheist say that they have lack of beliefs in a God who taught morals?

Are you suggesting that people who never heard of a god had no morals at all?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Again Spades. If think morality is good, why?

Good question...Why Not?

Only someone who would not care about anyone but themselves would even bother to ask why morality would not be a good thing...Do you really want me to try to explain them all?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:23 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Then why would an atheist say that they have lack of beliefs in a God who taught morals?

Not all atheists but some atheist see more than just morals, " they also see the history of humanity which includes immorality in the God we have been taught to worship.
spendius

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Actually, you did. You can check...it is there in black and white.

I did not and it is not. If you didn't understand what I did say there is nothing I can do about it.

It amused me no end when the atheists who caused you to flounce off A2K for a few years didn't put my point to you. I couldn't decide whether they were unintelligent enough to not have the capacity or whether they were intelligent enough to know that if they did I would tear their own position to shreds.

Quote:
Actually, you didn't. You can check...it is NOT there in black and white.

I put it in another and slightly more expanded way. I'm well aware that I didn't use the exact formulation I had used previously.

Quote:
Yeah...sure!

That's right. As sure as eggs. It is ridiculous to imply that human interaction is suspended at the same time as interacting with humans using words evolved in human interaction.

Odd how you never responded to my saying that human progress depends upon guessing.

Quote:
I would be shocked to death if it were...and a guy with as much intelligence as you, Spendius, ought be just as shocked if it were.

Suggest an older one. There's nothing sophistical in Homer or the cave paintings. And the philosophers of later times would have thought of your sophistry first when pondering the imponderables.

Quote:
Well, we agree that it was drivel.

No we don't. I agreed they were drivel assuming your definition of drivel is correct. Which it isn't. Those two posts were not drivel. You just had no answer to them other than the idiotic assertion that they were.

Your saying they were drivel is tautological and thus pure, unadulterated nonsense.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Are you suggesting that people who never heard of a god had no morals at all?

Can you "prove to me" that they do?

Can you say as a person who has been exposed to a God...That you know what a person who has never been, thinks is moral or immoral? Or if they even know what it means?

Or are you just giving a subjective view about it?

I can say that I believe they could...Now can you say you can "prove" they do?

When you were first born...And before you were taught about God...Did you have any views? Or know what moraity was?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Not all atheists but some atheist see more than just morals, " they also see the history of humanity which includes immorality in the God we have been taught to worship.

This is all good and fine mate...But it does not really answer what I have asked...Why would being an atheist be any more productive then any theism?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:31 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I would like for you to show me proof of why morality is good for a society. Do you think that if killing, raping and stealing were legal that it could be proved to be just as good as good for a society that has no killing, raping and stealing?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:33 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

When you were first born...And before you were taught about God...Did you have any views? Or know what moraity was?

Yes
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:36 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Why would being an atheist be any more productive then any theism?

I already told you that atheism is not related to morality. Now theism is in away because all religious beliefs also have a moral code even though they all differ.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Yes

What were these views that you knew before you were taught?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I would like for you to show me proof of why morality is good for a society.

I can't prove it to you...But if you are saying that killing, raping, and stealing is good to go...Because morality says it is wrong...And it can not be fully proven...Or you have to believe that it is morally wrong...In trying to prove why it is...Then I guess that is cool with me...I will still be your friend...But many others may be looking to find you...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
I will be back in about 3 hours...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:48 pm
@spendius,
Yo, Spendius:

Earlier, I wrote: I am happy you agree that there is no logical argument to refute my comment.

To which you replied:

I didn't say that.

To which I replied:

Actually, you did. You can check...it is there in black and white.

Now you are once again saying that you did not say that!

Here is exactly what you wrote:

You didn't really think I didn't know that there is no logical argument to refute the position you presented?

You cannot agree with my comment any more clearly than that!

It is here as big as life. You cannot hide from it...and you cannot erase it. So why are you trying to worm your way out of it?

C’mon. The heat getting to you?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:57 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Well if I go way back I learned no no, good boy, bad boy, be nice to kitty, give me a hug and the list expands outward.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 05:01 pm
@reasoning logic,
Did you know those things before you knew them? Or where you taught, and that is why you believed them?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 05:24 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Did you know those things before you knew them? Or where you taught

I was taught. Do you think that humans are the only animals that are taught a type of code of conduct?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 05:29 pm
@reasoning logic,
So then you did not know them? But were taught and believed them?

I can not answer the second one since I do not know what other animals think....But I would have to say from our own experiences that if we are taught and believe things...They must have some sort of simplier way they do this themselves and why they decide to do them...

Even monkeys show us this when they decide to joke around...and we as humans do not KNOW that that is why they are doing things...

Because it is possible they have beliefs...I can't see it is possible for them to KNOW or have PROOF....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 05:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
Check this out mate...This has got to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen on here...

http://able2know.org/topic/134068-1
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 05:36 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I can not answer that one since I do not know what other animals think....But I would have to say from our own experiences that if we are taught and believe things...They must have some sort of simplier way they do this themselves and why they decide to do them.

Sure it may be simpler but what makes you so sure that humans at one time did not have a simpler form of social structure and a code of conduct.

Do you think that we have always been as intelligent as we are today? Did Adam and Eve have the same intellect that we do today? or did they have to try things out so that they could find out what realty was?