Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:41 pm
@izzythepush,
I would agree with that mate...And I think it is bizzare (to me) that so many people say that morality is incorrect...Or they have been taught something that was wrong...But it is easy to see that so many just like to rebel, and it does not really have much to do with what they "think" should be correct...Oppossed to what they were taught....But just what "they" want to do...
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:49 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
And I think it is bizzare (to me) that so many people say that morality is incorrect..

If you cant prove it then why worry about it?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:54 pm
@reasoning logic,
Just because, people claim that they would like to be logically consistent and "prove things"...But are not even honest and open to the fact that it is more of a freedom of expression...And loose of any kind of restraint...Or submission...Then actually progressing anything...at all...

Unless one was to say they are actually trying to open the doors to freedom of expressions...

And then it would still have nothing to do with morality or what they have been taught anyways...

But more about what they are personally interested in...

And I did not say it worres me....I said I think I know why people do it...But are not honest about it...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
How was your day mate?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:59 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
..I said I think I know why people do it...But are not honest about it...

You did?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
If you cant prove it then why worry about it?

This is exactly why "proof" alone shits the bed...

So because someone can not prove something means it is not something to consider?

I can not "prove" there may be WW3 someday...Does that mean it is not important to take measures to make sure it does not?

Or is it better to just let everything take its course? Because we can not prove it may happen? But believe it is possible?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:01 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
How was your day mate?

It was good and yours?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:02 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
You did?

(to me) Yes, I did...!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:03 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
.And I think it is bizzare (to me) that so many people say that morality is incorrect.

If you think morality is good, why?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
It was not bad mate...But I am bored...
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:05 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
But I am bored...

Why? Cant you find something productive to occupy your time?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

Because I do not understand why they would say it is not? If they are just chosing to not do it because they are interested in doing self pleasing actions...And not really about setting a better moral philosophy in place...But they claim that they do or are...
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:08 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
.But they clam that they do or are...

Who is making this claim?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Why? Cant you find something productive to occupy your time?

I can already see that talking to you would not be a solution...To be honest mate...Looks like you told a fib about your day being "alright"...
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

Again Spades. If you think morality is good, why?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:13 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I can already see that talking to you would not be a solution...To be honest mate...Looks like you told a fib about your day being "alright"...

Honestly I had a good day. Did the word productive bother you? I am not judging what you consider productive, it could be anything you like that occupies you time to make it less boring.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Who is making this claim?

There are a plenthora of people who say that they are trying to set better moral ways...Because what they have been taught was false to them...

While we are asking this...What is the positive to atheism over any theism if one of the things was to not better our understandings of morals?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
No, it just seemed like my being bored bothered you or offended you...

It did not seem like you thought it had any worthyness at all...

I am sorry that I am bored right now...

I could find things to be productive....But I can not think of any of them to do...Or I would not be bored...
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:16 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
.What is the posistive to atheism over any theism if one of the things was to not better our understandings of morals?

The word Atheism has nothing more to do with morals than the word dog, cat, mouse or any other word that is not related to morality
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
The word Atheism has nothing more to do with morals than the word dog, cat, mouse or any other word that is not related to morality

Then why would an atheist say that they have lack of beliefs in a God who taught morals?