Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 07:29 pm
@reasoning logic,
The truth shall set you free right? It made me laugh because it is not God doing anything sexual...But it is spendius' thinking...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 04:26 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Do you think this is better?

Because you are not a prophet from God but a risen common ancestor of the ape like the rest of us?

No, I think it's a lot worse.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 05:47 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Nancy and I hit the sack early in the evening. I didn't even have one drink.
spendius

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 06:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
It is my opinion that ALL "beliefs" that gods do not exist are guesses. It is my opinion that ALL "beliefs" expressed here in A2K are almost certainly guesses. In any case...they are either absolute certainty (by a means to be announced)...or they are guesses.

That's an astounding insight Frank. It really is extraordinarily interesting as well. I should inform Mr Obarmy if I was you. It is wasted on us plonkers.

It is almost as interesting as the process by which chalk is quarried and processed, arranged in patterns on an academic blackboard to depict certain imponderable aspects of what is ironically known as the Quantum Theory, or the even more imponderable history of the Fourth Crusade, rubbed off with a duster and ends up settling on all the shiny surfaces of the classroom furniture, in the interstices of the material of various garments, cleaning implements, nasal filters and, if the windows are open, cast to the winds willy-nilly, totally discharged of theorum or theory or any lingering imprint of either, and generally becomes entropically distributed, eventually evenly, throughout the universe.

The tangle, or jungle if you prefer, of faint electrical impulses which fleetingly coalesce to produce thoughts and insights within the noddle of persons gifted in having these things in such an exemplary degree as to attract the admiration of the ordinary everyday citizen, one of whom, it is said, appears in the world at the rate of one per minute (citation required), is very much like the chalk at the point where it is organised into a recognisable form on the blackboard.

Don't you think so yourself?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 06:24 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5215955)
Quote:
It is my opinion that ALL "beliefs" that gods do not exist are guesses. It is my opinion that ALL "beliefs" expressed here in A2K are almost certainly guesses. In any case...they are either absolute certainty (by a means to be announced)...or they are guesses.

That's an astounding insight Frank. It really is extraordinarily interesting as well. I should inform Mr Obarmy if I was you. It is wasted on us plonkers.

It is almost as interesting as the process by which chalk is quarried and processed, arranged in patterns on an academic blackboard to depict certain imponderable aspects of what is ironically known as the Quantum Theory, or the even more imponderable history of the Fourth Crusade, rubbed off with a duster and ends up settling on all the shiny surfaces of the classroom furniture, in the interstices of the material of various garments, cleaning implements, nasal filters and, if the windows are open, cast to the winds willy-nilly, totally discharged of theorum or theory or any lingering imprint of either, and generally becomes entropically distributed, eventually evenly, throughout the universe.

The tangle, or jungle if you prefer, of faint electrical impulses which fleetingly coalesce to produce thoughts and insights within the noddle of persons gifted in having these things in such an exemplary degree as to attract the admiration of the ordinary everyday citizen, one of whom, it is said, appears in the world at the rate of one per minute (citation required), is very much like the chalk at the point where it is organised into a recognisable form on the blackboard.

Don't you think so yourself?

Well, if you think you can logically argue against my comment, I suspect you would have done so. If not, I suspect you would have written a bunch of drivel.

Let's see??? Which did you do???

Yup...just a bit of drivel. Wink

spendius

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 07:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
Which, once again, is marking your own homework.

We use guesses. They are functional. There will be a number of people in the US today who guessed incorrectly when they decided to get out of bed.

Refusing to guess ends up nowhere. Guessing is the root of hypothesis. Hypothesis leads to theory and evidence is sought to validate the theory and hence the guess.

Then the whole caboodle goes into bat against the recalcitrant facts of life. And we hope for the best.

You are guessing with your political position. You don't know you are voting in your own interest. Mr Christie was elected because one bunch of guesses outnumbered another bunch of guesses.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 08:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
I hit the sack early too mate...But I had about 3 drinks...
0 Replies

DavJohanis

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 10:16 am
The truth once set me free, but I think the judge took my age and naivety into account more. Another time the truth sent me to Hell.. Still there.

I also hit the sack once, had to drop my bicycle.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 11:18 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5216387)
Which, once again, is marking your own homework.

We use guesses. They are functional. There will be a number of people in the US today who guessed incorrectly when they decided to get out of bed.

Refusing to guess ends up nowhere. Guessing is the root of hypothesis. Hypothesis leads to theory and evidence is sought to validate the theory and hence the guess.

Then the whole caboodle goes into bat against the recalcitrant facts of life. And we hope for the best.

You are guessing with your political position. You don't know you are voting in your own interest. Mr Christie was elected because one bunch of guesses outnumbered another bunch of guesses.

You can argue against my comment if you think you can do so logically…or you can offer drivel.

Once again you have offered drivel.

I can only assume you have no logical argument to refute my comment.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 11:25 am
@Frank Apisa,

Actually, Spendius, you should be able to offer a decent rebuttal, because I just noticed that I left a few words out of my original comment.

The comment as I posted it was:

Quote:

It should have read:

Quote:
It is my opinion that ALL “beliefs” that gods do not exist are guesses. It is my opinion that ALL “beliefs” expressed here in A2K that a GOD does exist…are almost certainly guesses. In any case…the “beliefs” that a GOD does exist…are either absolute certainty (by means to be announced)…or they are guesses.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 11:28 am
@DavJohanis,
Hitting the sack.
spendius

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 12:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I can only assume you have no logical argument to refute my comment.

Obviously. There isn't one in a cave up in the hills disconnected from society.

You didn't really think I didn't know that there is no logical argument to refute the position you presented? Such a conclusion is simple which I presume is why you adopt it.

There is a difference between the cognition of things and the felt sense of them. It's what makes you a supporter of a football team which is, cognitively, a bunch of overpaid fat blokes chasing a ball about a field.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 12:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

When you watch that video...You can tell that the guy with the blonde hair is wearing a wig, or has his hair dyed....Because when he is holding the gun in the air...His arm does not look real for a second...around 30 seconds in...And it is not his arm, but his hair on his head that makes it look that way....
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 12:36 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You didn't really think I didn't know that there is no logical argument to refute the position you presented?

Thank you, Spendius. I am happy you agree that there is no logical argument to refute my comment.

Quote:
Such a conclusion is simple which I presume is why you adopt it.

I offered it because it has value...for no other reason.

Quote:
There is a difference between the cognition of things and the felt sense of them. It's what makes you a supporter of a football team which is, cognitively, a bunch of overpaid fat blokes chasing a ball about a field.

Indeed!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 01:40 pm
@izzythepush,
These are some of my favorites mate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqmHXnryakA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-TZ8Z5S9rI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGJGTjV2WE
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 02:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I am happy you agree that there is no logical argument to refute my comment.

I didn't say that. I said that your word formulation is a banality and cannot be logically refuted within its own terms of reference which are arranged in such a way as to be logical internally. It has no reference to anything outside itself except that the words are borrowed from the real world for want of anywhere else to borrow them from. Which is what makes it ridiculous.

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the oldest known sophistry.

The same with declaring two posts of mine to be "drivel". That is logically irrefutable too if your definition of drivel is accepted.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 02:53 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5216670)
Quote:
I am happy you agree that there is no logical argument to refute my comment.

I didn't say that.

Actually, you did. You can check...it is there in black and white.

Quote:
I said that your word formulation is a banality and cannot be logically refuted within its own terms of reference which are arranged in such a way as to be logical internally.

Actually, you didn't. You can check...it is NOT there in black and white.

Quote:
It has no reference to anything outside itself except that the words are borrowed from the real world for want of anywhere else to borrow them from. Which is what makes it ridiculous.

Yeah...sure!

I said something...and you have acknowledged that you cannot refute it.

You shoulda stopped digging there, while the hole was still fairly shallow.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the oldest known sophistry.

I would be shocked to death if it were...and a guy with as much intelligence as you, Spendius, ought be just as shocked if it were.

Quote:
The same with declaring two posts of mine to be "drivel". That is logically irrefutable too if your definition of drivel is accepted.

Well, we agree that it was drivel...although we seem to be coming to that undeniable conclusion from two different directions.

MY EXPECTATIONS: You will continue to dig.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:04 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
You can tell that the guy with the blonde hair is wearing a wig, or has his hair dyed

That guy's been in loads of stuff since, he's currently starring in an American version of Sherlock Holmes, before that he was a villain in Dexter.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 03:33 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
That song is probably more relevant today than when it was made.