Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Can you be more precise about who you are referring to?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:26 pm
I like how this pastor preaches. This man makes me want to be a pastor.

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
I vote that guy for pope Smile
0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
I actually saw that because it was a link after a video about the history of the devil. It was really long, but informative:
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 06:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
You're not a bully RL, but I can't get over your certainty and logic when it comes to the meaning of life, in contrast with your seemingly wide-eyed acceptance of every crackpot theory under the sun. David Icke, and that mad woman with a megaphone spring to mind.

What is logical in just targetting Christianity, where there are so many other religions which conflict with your understanding of the Universe? You've started threads asking what the Christian response should be. This would suggest that instead of promoting atheism as a viable outlook, you have a particular problem with Christianity, which in itself turns your claim to be reasoned and logical into doubt. You're not responding on an intellectual, and logical level, but on an emotional level.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 06:41 pm
@izzythepush,
You finally opened up and said what you thought and you did it in a way that could be understood. How does it feel? You should have done it sooner in my opinion.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 06:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

You finally opened up and said what you thought and you did it in a way that could be understood. How does it feel?

It feels a bit like putting a dying frog out of its misery.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 07:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Did you say it was dinner time? Frog legs
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 07:16 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm not French, although I do enjoy a spot of calvados.
George

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 09:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Leaves an awful stain, though.
voiceindarkness

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 10:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

OK so people do bad things. Now what does this have to do with theism being logical? Where is it logical to believe in one God and not another ?

What do you think about this logical statement?
It is logical to believe in one God and not another!
Hello,
My last two post here where ignored, so I didn't feel very welcome.
This seemed like a good place to try and chime in again.
Since the two questions you asked where not sufficiently answered.

The question should reed, one person's personal belief about God, and not another. Churches, religions, and world views are just a collection of personal beliefs influenced by one another, and agreeing or disagreeing, or agreeing to disagree.
The majority of those who agree, tend to organize on what they agree on, even though they don't totally agree on anything. This is true for any belief, be it religion, politics, philosophy, sports, business, or even personal. And all things are divided by individual beliefs even when unity seems prevalent.
The ongoing debate between science and religion, and will the real God please stand up, if you are real, show me! Is quite the challenge. But you are choosing between two sides of the same coin, calling it in the air, while the debates go on, ever flipping the same coin.
The thing that divides is ignorance, Ignorance of the unknown, but not the unknowable. The willfully ignorant cling to one side of the coin, no matter what, for whatever reason. The inquisitive and open minded try to examine both sides of the coin, but the coin is now blurred because it has been flipped. It will land, righteous side up.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:35 am
@voiceindarkness,
Quote:
My last two post here where ignored, so I didn't feel very welcome.

Sorry about that, be persistent and you will get more replies. If you notice many of our post are not addressed as well.

Quote:

The ongoing debate between science and religion, and will the real God please stand up, if you are real, show me! Is quite the challenge.

How so? It does not even seem close to me.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:08 am
@George,
That's why you need the calvados afterwards, to wipe away the memory.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:09 am
@voiceindarkness,
voiceindarkness wrote:

The question should reed, one person's personal belief about God, and not another.

Pose your own questions. You're not Jesus. You're a very sick man.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:21 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What is logical in just targetting Christianity, where there are so many other religions which conflict with your understanding of the Universe?

I do not purposely single out Christianity to talk about, it happens to be what I relate to mostly because it was the religion I was raised with.
Quote:
You're not a bully RL, but I can't get over your certainty and logic when it comes to the meaning of life, in contrast with your seemingly wide-eyed acceptance of every crackpot theory under the sun. David Icke, and that mad woman with a megaphone spring to mind.

There are many people that are intelligent and correct about some things but yet have some very bizarre beliefs. Do you think that there could be surgeons, lawyers and scientist that are able to perform their jobs but hold some very unusual beliefs?

If you would like to single out exactly what someone is saying incorrectly please do. If a person has said something wrong in the past I am not sure where it would be relevant to what they are talking about in the present.

Most of what I compare can be used with any religion so if it makes you feel more comfortable you can often insert another religion where I use the word Christianity.

Quote:
You've started threads asking what the Christian response should be. This would suggest that instead of promoting atheism as a viable outlook, you have a particular problem with Christianity, which in itself turns your claim to be reasoned and logical into doubt.

I am an atheist that was raised in a Christian environment and it bothers me to see the social unjust that happens around me but this is not a Christian problem but rather an anthropological problem.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:35 am
@reasoning logic,
I don't feel at all uncomfortable when people attack Christianity. I live in the least religious country in the world, we just tend to get on with things. I don't like preachy people, whatever the religion. You claim to be logical, but you're a bit too preachy for my tastes. As long as people aren't spreading hate, or trying to impose their beliefs on others they can believe what they want, although it's probably best they keep it to themselves.

We may disagree on a lot of things but I think we agree that Voice In The Darkness is not Jesus.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:38 am
@izzythepush,
If anyone's Jesus it's this guy.
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/48368000/jpg/_48368925_nigel_adkins_get.jpg
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:46 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
We may disagree on a lot of things but I think we agree that Voice In The Darkness is not Jesus.

I am not sure I have not met Jesus but I have met a Mexican man named Jesus.

Quote:
You claim to be logical, but you're a bit too preachy for my tastes.

I like to see things get shaken up a bit it seems to help mankind to evolve when we start questioning things.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:29 am
@izzythepush,
Some people think this guy is Jesus!

izzythepush

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:55 am
@reasoning logic,
Has he ever got a League 1 football team promoted to the Championship in his first season in charge?