Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:54 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Did he clarify the laws of slavery, the selling of daughters and the rights of women?

He would not have too if everyone wanted to understand this God the way that he left us...It explains itself...People should respect everyone, and not have slaves...Or sell a daughter right...

Quote:
If he did when did the church decide to respond to this new understanding of the law?

The Church does not have to do it, for it to be correct...Does it? Is the Church God himself? Even if people claim that they think it is? It is not him, himself...But just a symbol of him on Earth...But not actual God...

Do you think it is possible for the Church to hear this...And in 1000 years accept that it is thr truth? Or is it not possible?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Hey mate...I remember you saying you do not like the Redskins, or Cowboys....

But I am really really rooting for the Cowboys this week....because it has been a long long time since they have been relevant....And the Redskins are going to be good for a long time provided that RG3 can stay healthy....

The Cowboys are not going to have many more chances till they have to start rebuilding for a few years...

And 3 members of my immediate family are Cowboy fans....

What I would really like to see is Adrian Peterson break the rushing record....He is my favorite player....But it does not look too optimistic that he will....But it does look like a great shot to break 2,000
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Acts 13 v 39 and 40.

Quote:
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;

It is worth bearing in mind that Jerusalem in OT times covered a walled-in space of ground of 13 acres. ( A square mile is 640 acres). Winter population less than 2000 and in summer a lot less.

Other facts of significance are that the area was strategically important as a route between Egypt and the north and along the fertile crescent from the Nile up to Syria and down to Babylon and that the Jewish revolts risked Roman destruction which led to the policy of converting the Gentiles which could not be done with the law of Moses.

A bit like elements in various nations being friendly to the US often in opposition to other elements.
spendius

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:23 am
@spendius,
Not that any of that was a concern to Jesus. His mission was the establishment of the Kingdom of God.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:31 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
He would not have too if everyone wanted to understand this God the way that he left us...It explains itself...People should respect everyone, and not have slaves...Or sell a daughter right...

The bible was promoting this behavior by the very words in it.

Quote:
The Church does not have to do it, for it to be correct...Does it? Is the Church God himself?

No God is the imaginary friend of the church.

Quote:
Do you think it is possible for the Church to hear this...And in 1000 years accept that it is thr truth?

1,000 years is a very long time to realize that what God in the bible was saying was harmful and antisocial.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 06:44 am
@reasoning logic,
LoL...If you do not have a belief about this God, and such...then you certainly could not know what the Book that it is based upon actually means?

Quote:
No God is the imaginary friend of the church.

LoL....Is this an objective sentence or a subjective one? Is there any proof this is true?

Quote:
1,000 years is a very long time to realize that what God in the bible was saying was harmful and antisocial.

I am sorry mate, you are correct....It could be tomorrow, or 20 million years, if it is true, and this God wanted it to be known but it is not...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 07:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

LoL...If you do not have a belief about this God, and such...then you certainly could not know what the Book that it is based upon actually means?

Do you think that I would be able to understand other books that I do not believe to be true like Peter pan and so forth?

Quote:
LoL....Is this an objective sentence or a subjective one? Is there any proof this is true?

Is there any proof for Peter Pan?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 07:37 am
@reasoning logic,
Are there people who say they have a belief in the book of Peter Pan? And do you have a lack of belief in Peter Pan? knowing there are others who do believe? And I am talking about people who understand and have reached the age of reasoning...not children....But this is just another reason why that lame ass argument about how Santa or the tooth fairy is the same thing...Is indeed incorrect...So thank you for bringing this up! Very Happy So I could crush that argument....Wink Very Happy Idea

Would it prove that Peter Pan exists, if people believed he did? And there were also people who said that they are people who have a lack of belief of Peter Pan? Rather than them just saying they are skeptics? Or people who challenge things?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 07:54 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Are there people who say they have a belief in the book of Peter Pan? And do you have a lack of belief in Peter Pan? knowing there are others who do believe? And I am talking about people who understand and have reached the age of reasoning...not children....But this is just another reason why that lame ass argument about how Santa or the tooth fairy is the same thing...Is indeed incorrect...So thank you for bringing this up! Very Happy So I could crush that argument....WinkVery HappyIdea

You did not crush the argument because there are many things that should be considered and I think I only need to name one.

It is psychological for the brain to believe in some type of God whether it be the sun God or what have you. The age of reason never changed this for all people only logical reasoning changed it for some.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:11 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Jesus changed the moral even though he said he did not....Or that was not his mission...So the answer is YES...

He came to clarify things that were not clear or understood by the people...

1,700 years later and the good Christians still did not understand it?

I would not want to know how they sold there wives back before that

One of the earliest recorded wife sales took place in 1733, in Birmingham, central England. The local paper of the day records how "Samuel Whitehouse ... sold his wife, Mary Whitehouse, in open market, to Thomas Griffiths. Value, one guinea [about one English pound]." As part of the deal, the paper comments, Griffiths was to take Mary "with all her faults." Another wife, in 1801, was put up for sale by her huband for one penny. Not surprisingly, this bargain sparked a frenzied bidding war among the locality's lonely farmers, and Mary eventually went for five shillings and sixpence. One husband even managed to off-load his old lady for eighteen pence and a quart of ale. An even luckier chap managed to trade his other half for a full barrel of beer!

CATTLE CALL

As if the act of being auctioned off wasn't bad enough, the method in which wives were sold really rubbed salt into the wound. Wife-selling deals always followed the same very public ritual. First, the wives were led to the local market square with halters around their necks, just like cattle for sale. Then they were made to stand on auction block, while their husbands-not-to-be began taking bids. A crowd would usually gather, and proceedings would be accompanied by much jeering and joking from the local peasantry. Once a deal was struck, all the interested parties, and most of the crowd, would retire to the local tavern to celebrate the successful transaction.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:12 am
@reasoning logic,
If this is the only one thing you need to state to show I did not crush it...Then why do children hold those beliefs? But adults do not?

Grown adults who have reached the age of reasoning believe in a God? And people who are skeptical claim they are lack of believers of this thing? And have reached the age of reasoning? And use reasoning to see it does not exist? But do not call themselves skeptics of everything that does not exist? But rather continue to claim they are people who have a lack of this thing? That they can see, reasoning wise, is not there? But believers do not use reasoning and logic? Why do they claim they use reasoning to see it is not there? And believers do not use reasoning and logic to see that it is?

If it is the same thing as Santa, but yet skeptics continue to claim they are something based upon this thing that (reasoning wise) is not there? Is it also reasoning or logical for a skeptic to say that they have a lack of belief of Santa because little children believe he exists? But yet everyone knows they have not reached the age of reasoning yet? Think about it...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:19 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If this is the only one thing you need to state to show I did not crush it...Then why do children hold those beliefs? But adults do not?

Children do not believe in sun gods or other gods unless they are taught to.

Adults believe in gods because they are delusional in their thinking.
spendius

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:27 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

And is what our Money God is saying now harmful and anti-social?

An opponent of democracy would say that being too social was harmful. If we go over the Fiscal Cliff and have a melt-down they might claim they are right. Or were right if they are speaking after the event in a discussion in front of a little fire in the mouth of a cave. Isn't that what the gun-nuts envisage when they bring up fighting a government?

You are using the moral judgments of Christianity which only evolution can determine the survival value of. I'm assuming you believe that the survival of the species is the important thing.

You are ranging your noddle jelly over 3000 years of history in the fond belief that there is no future and that your moral values are the perfectly-formed finished product.

You silly moocow. This stuff is way over your head rl. You are merely seeking verbal expressions to justify setting aside Christian sexual morality. You have forgotten where it began.

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:27 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Children do not believe in sun gods or other gods unless they are taught to.

= no age of reasoning...

Quote:
Adults believe in gods because they are delusional in their thinking.

= age of reasoning...= own subjective thought

People believe in Gods because it is not a delusion...And people who claim that they are skeptics because they have a lack of belief of this God...And not calling themselves a skeptic about everything bogus....

= age of reasoning...= own subjective thought....

There is no lack of age of reasoning, or no lack of reasoning or lack of logic...

it is just a subjective thought by each different person...which is a "belief"...

There is no "proof" but a "belief"...
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:34 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Why, if you know about Jesus and the fact God doesn't deal with humans today as he did in the Old Testament, do you even bring this up?

Second time you have written that sentence. I simply does not make any sense...and we have the word of Jesus about that.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not to abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you; UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, not the smallest letter of the law, not the smallest part of a letter shall be done away with until it all comes true." Matthew 5:17ff

Paul did indeed change some things...but they were superficial, like the need for circumcision and some dietary restrictions.

The morality of the New Testament is ACCORDING TO JESUS...the same as of the Old Testament.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:35 am
@Arella Mae,
And I think that is why IT IS BEING BROUGHT UP.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:37 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
= age of reasoning...= own subjective thought

You do not seem to want to include sociological currents and mental challenges.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I simply does not make any sense.

How come you are not making sense Frank? Shocked
izzythepush

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:43 am
@reasoning logic,
Probably because he's spent too long talking to you.
spendius

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 08:46 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
. An even luckier chap managed to trade his other half for a full barrel of beer!

It's an improvement on shelling out a few grand in legal fees. Definitely.