Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:20 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
If you are aware of Jesus and his teachings then you are well aware of the fact God does not deal with us in the same manner that he did in the Old Testament so I have to wonder why you would even bring it up.

Do you actual believe that morality changed? So you think that it was moral at one time for women to not have rights and then at another time it was moral for them to have rights?

Within all the constructed concepts known to man can you think of one that is not logically consistent?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
No, mate my point is, which you still missed is whether or not they exist...Or anything else you can think of with your FSM and such does not matter...Or make a difference at this point....But if you think you know why it is either delusion or truth, would require you to have a belief about them....If you do not have a belief...Or say you do not believe and think that is not an actual belief...Then no one else can fully understand if a person without a belief actually understands what either of the 2 positions actually are...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:43 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
If you are aware of Jesus and his teachings then you are well aware of the fact God does not deal with us in the same manner that he did in the Old Testament so I have to wonder why you would even bring it up.

Do you actual believe that morality changed? So you think that it was moral at one time for women to not have rights and then at another time it was moral for them to have rights?

Within all the constructed concepts known to man can you think of one that is not logically consistent?
It seems you want me to answer you but you don't seem to want to answer me.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
Jesus changed the moral even though he said he did not....Or that was not his mission...So the answer is YES...

He came to clarify things that were not clear or understood by the people...

The Women taken in adultery

John 7:53-8:11

http://www.goodnews.ie/adultery.shtml

Luke 10:25-37

New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=NIV

Jesus Heals a Man with a Withered Hand

1 And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. 2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him. 3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth. 4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? To save life, or to kill? But they held their peace. 5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other. 6 And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.

http://atheism.about.com/od/biblegospelofmark/a/mark03a.htm
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:51 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Jesus changed the moral even though he said he did not....Or that was not his mission...So the answer is YES..

No Spades Jesus did not change the morals. Morality is like all other constructed concepts they are built on logic and logic is consistent even if we have it wrong. If it is moral today it was moral yesterday even if we did not know it.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well then he did not change the morals...But he did come to claify the laws...And give a better understanding of what Gods morals were....to the people who did not understand them....

He says he did not come to change or destroy the law of the Prophets....

But it is entirely possible that no one fully understood what the laws of the Prophets were....But thought they did...
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:57 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Well then he did not change the morals...But he did come to claify the laws...And give a better understanding of what Gods morals were..

Wrong again Spades, God was very clear in what he said in the bible, if you do not believe me read it for yourself.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 09:10 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
It seems you want me to answer you but you don't seem to want to answer me.

I apologize for not answering you, I must have missed where you had a question mark at the end of one of your replies. Would you kindly ask me again and I will reply.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 09:13 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Well then he did not change the morals...But he did come to claify the laws.

Did he clarify the laws of slavery, the selling of daughters and the rights of women?

If he did when did the church decide to respond to this new understanding of the law?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 09:58 pm
@reasoning logic,
Why, if you know about Jesus and the fact God doesn't deal with humans today as he did in the Old Testament, do you even bring this up?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:16 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Why, if you know about Jesus and the fact God doesn't deal with humans today as he did in the Old Testament, do you even bring this up?

Arella Mae I hope that you can respect me similar to the way my mother can.

Me and my mother are very different she is probably closer to you in her thinking and I love her very much. I myself am an atheist. "A Christian atheist" You say their is no way that a person can be a Christian atheist?

Well it is kinda like this I was brought up as a Christian and I still to this day find value in the philosophy that can be found in the bible "the new and old testament but I also recognize that our ancestors were evolving and that we were some very wicked people and we still are but we do not want to admit it.

You probably look at yourself as a caring and loving person and see little to no evil in you at all but do you think that the Christians that were fighting other Christians in wars thought of themselves as being the bad guys?
When a Christian dropped a nuclear bomb on japan don't you think he was able to rationalize the killing of thousands of innocent civilians?
nothingtodo

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:24 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
The bible promotes slavery and the capture of young virgin girls in time of war so that men can make them their sex slaves and their off spring laboring slaves.

Spendius wrote:

It sounds a pretty good idea to me rl.

Do you think such practices make the tribe stronger or weaker under the circumstances of the particular stage of development it was in at the time they were the norm.

How would you have gone about changing such practices from an atheist point of view when compassion for the weak was unheard of?

---------------------------

Compassion for the weak has been heard of since the caveman, hell.. Since the monkey!.

Tribal development? Social structures?
Bright assholes like you who believe it is absolutely unavoidable to rape the next villages kids are the problem!

You got dragged off your horse and bled out quite often.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

Arella Mae I hope that you can respect me similar to the way my mother can.

Me and my mother are very different she is probably closer to you in her thinking and I love her very much. I myself am an atheist. "A Christian atheist" You say their is no way that a person can be a Christian atheist?

Well it is kinda like this I was brought up as a Christian and I still to this day find value in the philosophy that can be found in the bible "the new and old testament but I also recognize that our ancestors were evolving and that we were some very wicked people and we still are but we do not want to admit it.

You probably look at yourself as a caring and loving person and see little to no evil in you at all but do you think that the Christians that were fighting other Christians in wars thought of themselves as being the bad guys?
When a Christian dropped a nuclear bomb on japan don't you think he was able to rationalize the killing of thousands of innocent civilians?
Look, you still haven't answered my question so I am not answering anymore of yours until you answer mine. Show ME that respect.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Look, you still haven't answered my question so I am not answering anymore of yours until you answer mine. Show ME that respect.

I thought that I did but you were not able to get it.

Quote:

I do not believe in God But I do think that some of the moral philosophy is good in the bible.

How could I answer a question that I do not even think existed, that would be like me asking you about the Easter bunny and how the Easter bunny changed his views over time. It is an uncomfortable question if you do not even believe it to be real.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
Where did you answer WHY you even brought it up?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 11:04 pm
@Arella Mae,

Quote:
Where did you answer WHY you even brought it up?

Ok this is where you brought up this question the first time when you replied to this reply below that I made. I really do not understand the question you are asking can you ask the question precisely? You know like how many tails does a cat have. Please be specific.

What is a "delusion"?

People who think that they can fly like super man

Quote:

what is "truth"

"People who understand that they can't.

Quote:

So if people do not even realize that they have beliefs, how could they KNOW if they are delusions? Or Truth? They can't...

Well if you find someone who thinks that they can fly like super man ask them your question and then try and frame your own conclusion from their response.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 11:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
I think you asked the question in the other thread we are also discussing and I got them crossed. I do apologize for that, but, until I find out the answer to my question, I'm not going to answer anything else.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 11:14 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I think you asked the question in the other thread we are also discussing and I got them crossed. I do apologize for that, but, until I find out the answer to my question, I'm not going to answer anything else.

It's cool I have a problem remembering the questions I ask too after I had a few drinks
If you will be precise about the question when you remember it I will answer it precisely.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 11:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Okay--In what way does the Bible promote delusional thinking and how does it not realise it?

The bible is not able to realize anything unless you see it as some Muslims see their book "As the living word of God."
I do not think that the bible has a conscious do you?

The bible promotes slavery and the capture of young virgin girls in time of war so that men can make them their sex slaves and their off spring laboring slaves. Would the bible not be promoting a delusion when it comes to moral philosophy?
Okay, this is where my question comes in. Why, when you say you know of Jesus and His teachings, and therefore you must know God does not deal with us in the same manner as He did in the Old Testament, why would you even bring it up without pointing out He no longer does things the same way?

I hope that is clear enough.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 04:42 am
@reasoning logic,
I am not wrong again mate....I know what I am saying, do you? God was very clear in what he said but it does not mean that people understood what he was saying...And to think you do, or anyone else does...But yet Jesus came, and did some type of modifications...Since he did things that were different then the laws strictly says just proves my point mate...once again...

Jesus said he did not come to destroy the laws but to fullfill them....That does not mean that anyone really understood what the laws were but just thought that they did...Because this God could really just be about getting everyone to think about every situation with their own minds...And make good judgments, on thier own...And not about passing down commands, like I posted in my long explicit post in the "your life is pointless thread"

And it could not be "proven" to be incorrect either...Even if the Bible says the it is the words of God...Because it still is...But the whole perception of what God was saying was never understood...And that is why Jesus came to help people understand what this God meant....And why he is God in the Flesh...Why he came to live among people...And why he would destroy death for us...Because it was impossible for man to do it on his own...
0 Replies