Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 05:31 am
@reasoning logic,
Correct so it is a 50/50 chance and almost everyone would probably agree with the 0% chance....

Do you think it has some rediclously high random odds of doing it?

If you say it has a randomly high odd, you are saying you think it is possible...

So do you think it has a randomly high odds of laying eggs?

Or it is a 0% chance?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 05:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I am saying that if a God exists it never did, because he always was...

Are you certain about this? Could another God have created him? If he always was, why couldn't everything just have always existed and evolve?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 05:37 am
@reasoning logic,
If he is the reason why everything exists then it makes no difference if it evolves because it always was...

I am certain I think a God always was...I am certain a God did not create another God, because if it did, then God is not God...
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 05:43 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

I am certain I think a God always was.

You are certain that you "think" this way but yet you are not certain that God always was?
spendius

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 05:59 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
I assume you're referring to spendi? No one member of A2k has made so many posts, written so many words, and yet managed to say so little. I'd be surprised to find out he actually knows anything - about anything.

An important fact regarding that Wilso is that the great majority of my posts are on word game threads on which, at busy times, it is easily possible to post 100 times a day.

Assuming you are qualified to comment on my postings you must have known that in which case your remarks are deceiving viewers here. Intentionally.

I am not often posting on more than a handful of debate threads at any one period and those members who I engage with post at least as much as I do, If not more. The fact that my interactions with them have become the subject for your strictures can only be due to you having overlooked that such interactions sometimes go on for years in which case your disapproval is of long conversations and is thus a plea for superficiality.

It is also worth mentioning that the subtext of my debating posts is more or less unmentionable in genteel company and, when possible, also in my contributions to the word games. It is a "through a glass darkly" experience and as you are as thick as a stack of straw bales I wouldn't dream of expecting you to even discern the vague outlines of the picture or dare to risk doing.

That you would be surprised to find out that I know anything---about anything ---is not evidence that every other member would be as surprised.

I take my cue from Stendhal who advised writing for the "few". He, like me, thought that writing for the many could only produce skid marks such as your post which I am addressing here.

I am mildly consoled that we are on the same side in the gun debate and I dare to think that when it comes to pass that you are as experienced as I am in the rumpy-pumpy department you might have some enhanced understanding and sympathy with my position.

I hope you enjoy the festive season nevertheless. I ******* hate it.

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 06:04 am
@reasoning logic,
If I am certain that I think it...Then it is certain to me...

But I don't mind hearing people explain how they think they are certain...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 06:06 am
@Wilso,
Is your name Wilso....

Because it is short for Mr. Wilskins?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 06:15 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If I am certain that I think it...Then it is certain to me...

But I don't mind hearing people explain how they think they are certain...

I would like to hear how you are certain that God has always existed and how you are unable to be wrong about your certainty.
spendius

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 06:25 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I would like to hear how you are certain that God has always existed and how you are unable to be wrong about your certainty.

Once again, that demonstrates a total lack of understanding of the function of religion in human society.

It is motivated by the urge, a somewhat sordid urge when looked at with the eyes of Science, to prove, by the simple expedient of Spade's inability to answer such a ridiculous question, that the Christian teaching on sexual morality is bullshit and thus you can set it all aside in the pursuit of your carnalities.

Solipsism in other words. Marrow-bone misogyny.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 06:53 am
@spendius,
Quote:
the Christian teaching on sexual morality is bullshit and thus you can set it all aside in the pursuit of your carnalities.

Is this what those men in long dark robes taught you?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 07:19 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5204929)
Quote:
You truly do not comprehend most posts, SM.

Just here, for instance. Read what I wrote...and read your response. You are trying to kick a field goal in a baseball game.

What do you "think" I am unable to comprehend, about what you have posted? And in what way "do you think" I am "trying to kick a field goal in a baseball game"?

A whole bunch of ways...and "trying to kick a field goal in a baseball game" is a way of saying you are just confused.

Quote:
What about my riddle answer was so hilarious? If it was not an answer that you thought was so stupid that it made you laugh? If someone is posting and has lack of comprehension is that funny to you?

All of it. Do not understand your second question. Yes, at times.

Quote:
You did say my answer was hilarious? Others could get a "good laugh" out of it? And that I lack comprehension? Correct?

Sounds about right to me.

Quote:
Is lack of comprehension a hilarious issue to you?

On occasions...and in this instance...especially hilarious.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 07:21 am
@reasoning logic,
RL...read the post of mine that he quoted...and tell me how you would have responded.

Then read his response...and see if you think it makes sense.

If you do...tell me why...and I will tell you why I disagree.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 07:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
Well then, I have to be honest...Someone who is not sure of themselves upon may different discussions...Should not really be going around and laughing at other things that others may consider a flaw....Because that make you look incredibly stupid...And I am sure that many others think it is hilarious for you to even make that claim...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 07:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
It is simple why it does not make sense to you Frank it is not what you wanted to hear....

But since you felt like saying my answer was a joke...But did not have the balls or intelligence to answer it yourself...It was an easy way for you to try to attack me, once we got into a heated discussion...

I will ask you this again too since you never did answer it...Have you solved any riddles here? Can you post just one you have?
spendius

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 07:38 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Is this what those men in long dark robes taught you?

That is a strawman of your own creation rl. Despite it being very tiresome I understand why it obsesses you. It is the same reason I mentioned in my last post.

It doesn't seem to enter your little noddle that observation and experience are what enable me to arrive at the conclusions I have done.

What the priests did teach me was to read and write reasonably well, to play an elegant cover drive and that the female of the species will stand a bit of watching. It seems a pity, especially given the expense, that your teachers failed you in those respects although I will admit that it was no fault of their own.

After all old boy, twenty years of schoolin' to end up where you are is a bit of a facing for your Dep't of Education.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 07:42 am
@reasoning logic,
I object to you quoting half of one of my sentences. That is devious. Especially, as you well knew, that the segment you missed out was relevant to the segment you quoted and that what you did quote was misleading to viewers as you obviously intended it to be.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 07:50 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5205328)
Well then, I have to be honest...Someone who is not sure of themselves upon may different discussions...Should not really be going around and laughing at other things that others may consider a flaw....Because that make you look incredibly stupid...And I am sure that many others think it is hilarious for you to even make that claim...

If you say so...I guess you have got to go with it. Frankly, I think it is hilarious that you are lecturing me on this. But I do enjoy the laughter you provide. And if I am providing hilarity and laughter to others by doing so...we are all the better for it.

This is terrific.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 07:59 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
@Frank Apisa,
It is simple why it does not make sense to you Frank it is not what you wanted to hear....

I guess you were trying to say something here. You did not succeed. Wanna try again?

Quote:
But since you felt like saying my answer was a joke...But did not have the balls or intelligence to answer it yourself...It was an easy way for you to try to attack me, once we got into a heated discussion...

If you think so.

Quote:
I will ask you this again too since you never did answer it...Have you solved any riddles here? Can you post just one you have?

I may have, but mostly I leave riddles alone because I am a riddle enthusiast and know the answers to many. It makes more sense to let people answer...then to provide the answers from previous encounters with the problem. In the instant problem...I did not know the answer, but I was not interested in doing the math or logical manipulations...so I let it go.

BUT I UNDERSTOOD THE RIDDLE ENOUGH FROM HAVING READ IT to laugh at your response.

In any case, in order to keep my mind as sharp as an old guy can, EACH DAY I do a Sunday sized crossword puzzle...a super Sudoku...and recently, a killer Sudoku. And I solve the Rubik's cube every day also. I do dozens upon dozens of riddles and puzzles every year...and I am especially addicted to the the logic puzzle books of Raymond Smullyan, who happened to be a professor who instructed my brother-in-law when he was in University.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 08:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
That is correct mate...That is how I am gonna leave it between you and I...Everytime you decide to post how I lack comprehension...Or everytime you say my answers are hilarious...Or if you say you think I am the last person who should give advice and such....

All that I am going to do because all that I need to do is remind you that you are uncertain of yourself in many discussions so it looks completely stupid for you to look down at anyone else...Or give advice to them...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2012 08:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
No offense, but I don't believe anything you have said about 90% about the riddles...

Especially the part about staying away because you know the answers...

If it is true would you say that my answer about the boxes being left open was correct?