Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 03:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
Sorry for the mixup mate...

I am not going to just randomly guess names till I get it if you don't want to say...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 03:45 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

I am not going to just randomly guess names till I get it if you don't want to say...

Thanks
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 04:01 pm
@reasoning logic,
Something happened in that last thread we were just in...The last like 7 replies just got dropped...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 04:11 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Something happened in that last thread we were just in...The last like 7 replies just got dropped...

Those things that you call cigars, "we call them taters where I come from.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 04:19 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I think that Islam is spot on with that...

I am cool with your thinking but do you think that an intelligent design might be better?

I know it is 2 minutes long and it may be an inconvenience

spendius

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 04:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
Are you not up for responding to my sociology post rl? Rather prattle away unintelligibly would you? A species of Ignore. A running away strategy.

Not only do you know nothing about sociology and psychology but you don't wish to know as well.

They are scary subjects I will admit. They are not for the faint of heart.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 04:32 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

They are scary subjects I will admit. They are not for the faint of heart.

If you admit being scared by them, why show any interest at all?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 04:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
l will watch it when I come back on mate...It is not the time...You keep missing my point about them...

If you just told me what you gathered from the video yourself...We would not even have to watch them...To talk about them...Cause you ask me for my opinions...And I want to know yours...Therefore, besides you watching to get your ideas....Or once you tell me what they are...I could watch and see where you are coming from so I would know with certainty...What it is you are looking for me to give my opinions about...

But it is cool mate....I don't think you will change in that respect...And I am not trying to change you...Only if you wanted, and see it from my perspective thats all...

I will be back in a bit, and tell you my opinions...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 06:03 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
l will watch it when I come back on mate...It is not the time...

Thank you Ryan.

Quote:
You keep missing my point about them...

No I don't, "it's just not me or should I say how I work?

Quote:

If you just told me what you gathered from the video yourself...We would not even have to watch them..

It is a 2 minute video, how much shorter do you think I could explain it?

Quote:
.I could watch and see where you are coming from so I would know with certainty...What it is you are looking for me to give my opinions about...

Ryan I would rather copy and paste what you share with me than me trying to share it with others because I want others to see what I have learned from you and exactly what you said rather than what my subjective experience was.

Do you think it would be wrong of me to show exactly what you have shared with me, "with others I may be sharing your knowledge with?
spendius

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 06:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
If you admit being scared by them, why show any interest at all?

I'm tough enough which you are obviously not.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 06:24 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I'm tough enough which you are obviously not.

OK so you are scared but tough and I am not scared but not tough enough? Drunk
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 02:07 am
@reasoning logic,
I did not watch it yet, but I want to say this one last thing about the videos...And I will watch it in a bit

Quote:
Ryan I would rather copy and paste what you share with me than me trying to share it with others because I want others to see what I have learned from you and exactly what you said rather than what my subjective experience was.

Do you think it would be wrong of me to show exactly what you have shared with me, "with others I may be sharing your knowledge with?

Those peoples views are subjective compared to our own thinking, because we should not see it exactly how they do...Or probably will not...So the only thing I can do is here what you say about them...Watch the video, tell you my views, and then discuss what we think between ourselves...what they are saying, and what we think about our own thinking...It does me no good at all to watch the video, and try to get a good understanding of what I think it is you find appealing, and may be your own subjective thinking compared to them, or myself...If you do not take the time to break it down and tell me what it is you think about the video itself...

But this has been rehashed over and over...

I will watch the video in a bit, and tell you what I think about it...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 03:19 am
@reasoning logic,
My questions to him, would be where does he think that intelligent design came from? If not the morality of Islam, or Chrisitianty etc...

Since science, is from philosophy...

Just because he does not want absolute truths that they teach, does not mean that his views on an intelligent design is not based upon absolute truths...From religious scriptures...

And if he does not want an absolute truth...Or needs to think about certain things with reasoning, and logic etc....And does not know they are absolutely wrong to do...before he does them..

Then why is he not killing other people to see if it is reasoning and logically correct? And it makes no difference if the Bible had horrible killings in them or not...Cause people wanted to know his morality or absolute truths...Not the Bible's...If he is referencing them...Then how does his morality not originate from them even if he wants to have different absolutes...? Because he does not agree with religious scriptues? They are not different...It is the same exact thing...

Doesn't he think that the people who wrote the Bible thought the same exact things? Yes they did!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 03:48 am
@reasoning logic,
And then, just for good measure...I would ask him what some of his absolute truths are, that he has come to using reasoning and Logic, and intelligence?...Oppossed to religious teachings, and how he feels it is ultimtely different than what they teach? And how they still do not originate from religious scriptures? Even though he says they are completly different...But I can't fully do it cause he did not explain any in the video...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 04:21 am
@reasoning logic,
There is a video game that came out in the mid 90's...It is one of the first ever role playing games...There is a part where you can have a conversation with God...And you can spar with him for a special reward...Then he departs and says good bye...And says till we meet again...

What goes through you mind when I say that and you listen to the song during the conversation?

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 05:47 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
why is he not killing other people to see if it is reasoning and logically correct?

Do you think that this would be required of him to know if whether his logical reasoning is correct? If so why?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 05:49 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
There is a video game that came out in the mid 90's...It is one of the first ever role playing games...There is a part where you can have a conversation with God...And you can spar with him for a special reward...Then he departs and says good bye...And says till we meet again...

That seems a bit odd and so does the music from the video. Do you think that game playing could distort a person's reality?
spendius

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 06:27 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
OK so you are scared but tough and I am not scared but not tough enough?

No. You are not scared because you don't know anything significant about the two subjects. And self-evidently don't want to.

I have had people, grown ups, leave my sociology classes because they made them "feel odd". Stick to Christmas shopping is my advice.

If you will post a picture of your main living room I will provide a critique of it from a sociological and psychological perspective.
spendius

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 06:33 am
@spendius,
A conversation with God--

Quote:
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

And gave Job a real hard time.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 06:35 am
@reasoning logic,
If he says that he does not follow moral absolutes that religious scriptures teach...Because he wants to use logical and reasoning, and intelligence, then he is effectivly saying that Thou shall not kill is incorrect, or he does not know if it is because he has never tested it...So yes, he would have to do it to see if it is morally correct or not, rather than embracing that the Bible is correct in saying it, and does not need to test it to make sure that it is correct...Because if he embraces that that is correct and does not need to kill someone...Then he has no reason to think that anything else religious scriptures claim are not moral...Or need to be tested with logic, intelligence, or reasoning....
0 Replies