Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 06:37 am
@reasoning logic,
Mate, I know you have said that what you post is not an interest to me...But I have tried to be compliant...

Would you take the time to answer what I have asked before answering your question?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 07:12 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
My questions to him, would be where does he think that intelligent design came from? If not the morality of Islam, or Chrisitianty etc...

My answer would be that way before there was Islam or Christianity there were people intelligently designing many things that had nothing to do with theology.

Quote:
why is he not killing other people to see if it is reasoning and logically correct?

He does not need to kill when there are so many other people doing it. He can see the results of conflicts on others and relate to it.

Quote:
..If he is referencing them...Then how does his morality not originate from them even if he wants to have different absolutes...?

Some of his morality may have been shaped from the bible but it was his own mind that made the decisions he made about moral truths. it was not that he excepted every word as true.

Quote:
he does not agree with religious scriptues?

He may agree with some of it but wouldn't that be cherry picking?

Quote:
Doesn't he think that the people who wrote the Bible thought the same exact things?

I am not sure what they thought but I do not recall any of them saying that they could be wrong in their understandings. They were all absolutists as far as I know.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 07:25 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I would ask him what some of his absolute truths are, that he has come to using reasoning and Logic, and intelligence?

It is absolutely true that it is better to live a life where one is free from the violence of ignorance than it is to live a life of daily violence caused by ignorance.

Quote:
.Oppossed to religious teachings, and how he feels it is ultimtely different than what they teach?

Refer to my post above.

Quote:
And how they still do not originate from religious scriptures?

Intelligent preachers of the past seen the difference why cant you? I remember one of them saying that logic and reason is the enemy of faith.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 07:39 am
@reasoning logic,
I am sorry mate...I made a long post out....And my computer fell...And I do not feel like quoting it all over again...I saved it also...But it did not save for some strange reason....

Do you or him know whether or not this God was there before Islam or Christianity?

Second...Does he know if the way he feels is an absolute truth?

Third...It is all or nothing mate...If he does not accept words as truth, then why would he think that thou shall not murder is morally correct to follow if he has not tested if it is true?

fourth...You tell me mate...Where is the line acceptibly drawn as to whehter or not you follow it or not? To me, if you follow any of it, then you can't say you are finding your own moral absolutes, by a different way...Or say that you are doing things that religion did not...Cause it is not correct...

Last...Then why would a non-absolutist agree with anything that it claims? Why would he even think thou shall not murder is moral? If some is correct it all is? If some is not? None is?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 07:44 am
@reasoning logic,
What about violence caused by reasoning and Logic? Do you think that none do violence because they think it is reasoned and logical?

So many think that atheism is a cure for sin, or the worlds problems...Sadly, it is not...

Please define what "intelligent" means? so because they said something that tickles you fancy means I am not intelligent? And they and you are?

I would also say that it is not about using reasoning and logic to go against faith...But it is denial, and ignorance...Does that mean I am unintelligent because you disagree with me?

You don't have to pin reasoning and logic against religion...I think I use reason and logic in what I believe and have faith...What do you or these intelligent preachers have to say about doing them both?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 07:58 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

Do you or him know whether or not this God was there before Islam or Christianity?

I don't think that God ever existed but there were many people who believed in all types of gods.

Quote:

Second...Does he know if the way he feels is an absolute truth?

Science is more about better ideas than it is about absolutes.

Quote:
It is all or nothing mate...If he does not accept words as truth, then why would he think that thou shall not muder is morally correct to follow if he has not tested if it is true?

Do you think that a person who has never been taught about god would be able to understand that murdering his mother is wrong or do you think he may need to test it? If he did test it do you think that he could learn from it?

Quote:
You tell me mate...Where is the line acceptibly drawn as to whehter or not you follow it or not?

It is your own choice Ryan.

Quote:
Then why would a non-absolutist agree with anything that it claims? Why would he even think thou shall not murder is moral? If some is correct it all is? If some is not? None is?

That is not how reality works Ryan. Here in reality "at the bottom of BS mountain" we can have anything whole and a part of it can be incorrect.

example I can have a car and it can be a nice car but a part is not as well built as the rest of the car and one day the car may quit working and be not drivable or the part may not be as important, " just a fuse which does not allow our radio to work.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:06 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
All you need is a pen and paper...

N0. You also have to read the question correctly.

You often do not do so, SM. You often misinterpret what people write.

That was my point.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:12 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
What about violence caused by reasoning and Logic?

There may be some cases that someone may use reason and logic to cause violence but what we are referring to is using the logical reasoning of the social sciences to intelligently design a better moral code or new religion. one without absolutes and with or without a god if you chose.

Quote:

So many think that atheism is a cure for sin, or the worlds problems...Sadly, it is not...

Are you being intellectually honest here Ryan? I never met anyone who makes this claim, Can you name one person?

Quote:
Please define what "intelligent" means?

Look it up and I am sure I will agree.

Quote:
they said something that tickles you fancy means I am not intelligent? And they and you are?

It does not mean you are not intelligent but it does mean that I disagree with you in some areas of thought.

Quote:
You don't have to pin reasoning and logic against religion.

I don't think anyone means to do that but it seems that nature does it by itself.

Quote:
What do you or these intelligent preachers have to say about doing them both?

I think most preachers agree with the bible and that it should not be questioned and you should not use reasonable skepticism when on top of BS mountain.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
N0. You also have to read the question correctly.

You often do not do so, SM. You often misinterpret what people write.

That was my point.

If you take the time to read and think you will see that only one box is left open. Am I correct Frank?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Well did you read my question with comprehension?? Where are the Riddle(s) you have solved? No your point was to say how hilarious my answer was...Though you never answered that question...What did you mean by do not try a Sudoku because it requires logic? If you were not saying you think I could not answer one?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:46 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I don't think that God ever existed but there were many people who believed in all types of gods.

So in other words you have no idea if God was the reason for early morals?

Quote:
Science is more about better ideas than it is about absolutes.

How is what he saying based upon science? If he says he does not embrace absolutes, but then thinks that not killing someone is moral to follow? That has got nothing to do with anything he thinks about science...

Quote:
Do you think that a person who has never been taught about god would be able to understand that murdering his mother is wrong or do you think he may need to test it?

I think that some murders would yes...But you cnt say you reject moral truths about religion, if you embrace some of them...That is the definition of bullshit mountain for you...

Quote:
If he did test it do you think that he could learn from it?

Everyone learns something from everything....If he does not need to test murdering someone, his morals or absolute truths are not completely different than what the Bible teaches...

Quote:
That is not how reality works Ryan. Here in reality "at the bottom of BS mountain" we can have anything whole and a part of it can be incorrect.

So if one thing is incorrect the whole thing shits the bed?

Quote:
example I can have a car and it can be a nice car but a part is not as well built as the rest of the car and one day the car may quit working and be not drivable or the part may not be as important, " just a fuse which does not allow our radio to work.

So if a car had a minor wire problem the whole car is no good? Doesn't make a lot of logical sense....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:47 am
@reasoning logic,
The answer is 31 mate...I already said it cause someone got it correct...

If you would like me too, I will take the time and do it out and tell you exactly which boxes are left open?

Do you honestly think Frank knows the answer?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:51 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Well did you read my question with comprehension?? Where are the Riddle(s) you have solved? No your point was to say how hilarious my answer was...Though you never answered that question...What did you mean by do not try a Sudoku because it requires logic? If you were not saying you think I could not answer one?

Cant we all just get along?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:56 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
There may be some cases that someone may use reason and logic to cause violence but what we are referring to is using the logical reasoning of the social sciences to intelligently design a better moral code or new religion. one without absolutes and with or without a god if you chose.

Doesn't matter what they use...If there ways are ever immoral...Than it is not a god or belief as to why people do immoral things but it is them as a person...an intelligent design does not solve this...

Quote:
Are you being intellectually honest here Ryan? I never met anyone who makes this claim, Can you name one person?

Yes, I could but I will leave them out...Have you ever heard actions speak louder than words? People do not have to say something in order for it to be a fact....

Quote:
It does not mean you are not intelligent but it does mean that I disagree with you in some areas of thought.

So it means that you and them are intelligent for seeing it different than I do? If not please explain what you meant...

Quote:
I don't think anyone means to do that but it seems that nature does it by itself.

I don't...I use logic, reasoning, and have faith...And there are many who do not have blind faith...

Quote:
I think most preachers agree with the bible and that it should not be questioned and you should not use reasonable skepticism when on top of BS mountain.

Not sure why they would...The Bible says to test everything, and one another...
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 08:57 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So if a car had a minor wire problem the whole car is no good? Doesn't make a lot of logical sense....

So let me see if I understand you, If a car has a minor scratch you think the whole car is bad? Should we take it to the junk yard? Laughing
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 09:01 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
The answer is 31 mate...I already said it cause someone got it correct...

If you would like me too, I will take the time and do it out and tell you exactly which boxes are left open?

Do you honestly think Frank knows the answer?

I was reading it literally, "meaning that there was only one first box, one second box, third box and so on. Even if you use the word ever second box there is only one of them. Wink
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 09:02 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Cant we all just get along?

I am gonna do the riddle out just to end this...And I am gonna post which 31 exact boxes are left open of the 1000

I will be back...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 09:24 am
@reasoning logic,
Going to have a smoke then will work on it...
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 09:37 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
.Have you ever heard actions speak louder than words? People do not have to say something in order for it to be a fact....

What actions have you seen, 'that lead you to believe, that they think atheism is a cure for sin?

Quote:
So it means that you and them are intelligent for seeing it different than I do? If not please explain what you meant..

Intelligent is a nice word but "less blind" are nice words as well.

Quote:
I don't...I use logic, reasoning, and have faith...And there are many who do not have blind faith..

If you lived 15,000 years ago could you logically tell me why you would not be worshiping the sun?

Quote:
Not sure why they would...The Bible says to test everything, and one another...

Everything? Including the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2012 09:39 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Going to have a smoke then will work on it...

I wish I could smoke a tater but I will have to wait tell retirement I guess. Drunk