Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 06:45 am
@spendius,
Quote:
That's heresy.

What is "unacceptable" about dogging?

You may think it is hersay...But it is a hell of a much better arguement than trying to argue how dogging is acceptable...Since dogging can lead to people maybe having an abortion....2 Cents
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 06:57 am
@spendius,
Rather than having me guess about your positions...And then having you explain to me how I am misrepresenting your positions...Why don't you tell me what you think about abortion and dogging? And why you think they are moral or immoral?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 07:44 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
SM...

...Spendius has been fairly consistent in opposing abortion for a number of reasons...but has never used the morality taught by the Church (any church) as justification or rational for his opposition.

You seem to be missing the point of this...although I am now willing to concede that it may be because besides lacking depth and clarity in your comprehension of what other write...you also are lacking in the ability to make yourself clear when you put words to paper.

I AM NOT TRYING TO INSULT you here, SM...I am truly trying to answer the questions you are asking.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 07:46 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
The Bible says that a partnership, and love and marriage is between one male and one female...

Where is that found?
spendius

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 07:50 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Not really. I asked you why you think dogging is unacceptable. Your spiel on abortion permits all abortion on demand if your terms are properly clarified.

So you don't find abortion uncceptable as the Church does. Why do you find dogging unacceptable? You have ignored the Church on abortion so you have no reason to cite it re dogging. Or re artificial birth control. Or re divorce. Or re homosexuality. Or re general promiscuity. You have a populist religion on your hands taking the name of Jesus in vain.

Your terms are too loose. The Church says marriage is permanent until death. You missed that out and thus allow serial monogamy with as short a timescale as maybe.

Quote:
The Church never is, was, or would have been without Jesus...

Nor without the disastrous Jewish revolt of 66-73 AD.

I recommend Micheal Grant's book, Jesus, for your appraisal. You're flying by the seat of your pants Spade. The subject requires disciplined dedication I'm afraid.

Quote:
Rejoice, rejoice, daughters of Zion, shout aloud, daughter of Jerusalem; for see, your king is coming to you, his cause won, his victory gained, humble and mounted on an ass, on a foal, the young of a she-ass. He shall banish chariots from Ephraim and war horses from Jerusalem; the warrior's bow shall be banished. He shall speak peaceably to every nation, and his rule shall extend from sea to sea, from the River to the ends of the earth.

Zechariah. About 500 BC. Jesus refers to the prophecy in Matthew. Zechariah was martyred too.

Did Zechariah foresee Jesus' ride into Jerusalem and His cleansing of the Temple? Which was the centre of the Sadducees' power and a source of their income.

Was the event invented by the evangelists to fulfill the prophecy? Or did Jesus design the journey to harmonize with the prophecy and identify Himself with it and with the prophet and his fate.

After the Jewish revolts making peace with the Gentiles (Romans) became a matter of survival. And spreading the cult of Jesus was the chosen method. That it was eventually successful is why you have heard of Jesus. No other reason. Jesus would have vanished without trace in the ordinary course of events. The humiliation of the Cross would have seen to that. It represented the defeat of His mission.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 07:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
I will make this simple and clear...For YOU...

Did you think, that I thought Spendius was for abortion because of my typo?

I don't really need to hear you explain how you think I am incoherent or can't explain my views on paper...

I did not ask you about that...

I think it can also be a problem for people who can not follow directions, but I don't mean to be insulting either...And I try not to point out others flaws, unless they ask me what I think...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 07:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don't really feel like looking for it...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 07:55 am
@spendius,
That is all good and fine mate...Now please explain to me what you think about abortion and dogging and why it is moral or immoral?
spendius

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:00 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I think both are socially and psychologically destabilising.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
Here you go Frank...I felt compelled

1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Also...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120109100801AAyn4sz
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:05 am
@spendius,
If you already thought that both are immoral, because it is unnatural.. why do you need me to second it for you? And ask me how dogging is immoral? You already knew why you thought it was unnatural...And I had told you that I thought it was immoral, then you asked me why? Why did you ask me why?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:30 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I will make this simple and clear...For YOU...

Did you think, that I thought Spendius was for abortion because of my typo?

The typo was not the problem...or at least, not the main problem. The "problem" is that you cannot seem to grasp that Spendius is not opposed to abortion because of religious concerns. He apparently sees a logical morality motivation for his opposition outside the confines of religion or the church.

Most of what you post seems to me not to take that into consideration. But as I said, your general incoherence in writing may be as much part of the problem as any lack of comprehension of what Spendius is saying.

In any case, it is entirely possible to be opposed to abortion (to the point of wanting it not to be legal) for reasons totally unrelated to religious teachings. Atheists can (and some are) opposed to abortion...and more particularly to abortion being legal.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:32 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I don't really feel like looking for it...

I don't blame you, because it is not there.

But you really should remember that most of the men mentioned in the Bible, damn near all in the Old Testament, had more than one wife.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
He also says he backs the Church for social reasons, but is not a believer...I thought he thought abortion was immoral because of the Church...As I never have had a converstaion with him about abortion like you have had with him...

And I have also apologized for misrepesenting his positions and have asked him to explain them which he has not yet...

And I also apologized for my typo...

It is OK Frank, I do not feel like discussing it with you anymore because I am afraid you will not coherently understand me... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
"1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband"

Quote:
I don't blame you, because it is not there.

Yeah, your right Frank...Too bad it is not...

It does not matter what the men of the Bible had done...in the Old Testament...This is what the New says, when it was not about laws anymore, and Jesus changed the laws...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:41 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5201950)
Here you go Frank...I felt compelled

Quote:
1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Ahhh...you mean the part just before Paul goes out of his way to point out that he says this as concession, not as command...which of course, means this is what Paul preferred (actually he preferred no marriage at all)...not what was required.

So I ask again, where in the Bible does it state that marriage is a partnership between one man and one woman?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:44 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
It is OK Frank, I do not feel like discussing it with you anymore because I am afraid you will not coherently understand me...

Quite right.

By the way, this last sentence of yours was not particularly coherent, but I was able to understand what you were trying, albeit not particularly successfully, to communicate.
JPB

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
And, where was Paul's wife? As a Pharisee he would have culturally been expected to marry. I suspect he was gay and struggled with his own self-hatred.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
You also neglect to mention, that whether it is creationism, or evolution it is impossible that people did not have multiple wives or partners to create the population...And the only reason why the Old Testament had men with mutiple wives was to preserve the seed of Jewish males because they were chosen people...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2012 08:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
You are free to interpet that anyway you would like too...It is black and white...Whether he preferred to do it or not, does not matter...He was compelled to say it, so he must have thought it was worthy to say and what people should do...even if he did not want to do it...

Who said anything about command? Or required? Did I say that???