Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 07:34 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
childish understanding of History.

Strange the only one that seems to be wrong concerning history facts time after time here happen to be you.

Historical facts. You don't know you're wrong, even when it's pointed out to you. You can't tell the difference between aid, which is a gift, and a loan which is paid back. You can grunt, scratch and swing in your tyre saying, 'It ain't so,' as much as you like, but you can't change facts, even if you think you can.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 07:35 am
@izzythepush,
I take it that you did not like the reading material?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 07:40 am
@reasoning logic,
I'm sorry to hear you're suffering from OCPD, but it does explain a lot. I hope you get better soon.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 07:46 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I hope you get better soon.

You do not seem to understand the prognosis of the disorder.
I figured as well! Wink
BillRM

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 08:34 am
@izzythepush,
A loan that no government or person would offer given the high probabilities at the time of the loan that it would not be pay back if that was all it happen to be.

It was the kind of loan that a family member would grant another who was down on their luck knowing upfront that the likelihood of payback is only so so at best.

Our ambassador at the time of the loans was telling our government that you was going to go underwater at any moment and yet we did grant you the aid/loans and place American lives and ships in harm way in order to do so beside.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:32 am
@reasoning logic,
I understand it perfectly well, I understand innuendo, but unfortunately you seem to have difficulties doing the same. You earlier posted that you were not calling me a psychopath when you posted the following.

Quote:
Many people with antisocial personality disorders {Psychopaths} can frame coherent arguments! So what is your point?

So why did you post it? It's a non-sequitur and adds nothing to the debate. The ability to formulate a coherent argument is an essential prerequisite for any form of debate. Whether or not psychopaths can formulate a coherent argument is completely irrelevant. It's like stating that rapists recycle in a debate about global warming. The only possible reason you could have for saying it would be to imply that I am a psychopath, but as you've denied that, it's yet another example of you trying to appear clever and failing miserably.

One of the main arguments for atheism is that it is logical, and shows some measure of intelligence. The fact that esteemed intellectuals like Richard Dawkins and Stephen Hawking are atheists would add weight to that argument. However, when a couple of hebetudinous fuckwits like you and Bill espouse atheism, that argument is blown out of the water.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:32 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Our ambassador at the time of the loans was telling our government that you was going to go underwater at any moment

He was wrong wasn't he? Just like you.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:06 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I understand it perfectly well, I understand innuendo,

Seems to me you understand make believe or you misunderstand a person's point.

Quote:
You earlier posted that you were not calling me a psychopath when you posted the following.

Quote:

Many people with antisocial personality disorders {Psychopaths} can frame coherent arguments! So what is your point?

So why did you post it

I posted it to let you know I could care less about your thoughts of other people's writing skills and to remind you that writing skills can very from person to person and just because a psychopath may be able to write correctly does not take away from the other poor qualities of his nature.

Quote:
The ability to formulate a coherent argument is an essential prerequisite for any form of debate.

For one thing I am not here to debate with anyone but rather share point of views and as for the ability to formulate a coherent argument being an essential prerequisite for any form of debate I would think that if people were not logically connecting there words together you would not be able to have these so called debates you speak of!

Quote:
One of the main arguments for atheism is that it is logical, and shows some measure of intelligence. The fact that esteemed intellectuals like Richard Dawkins and Stephen Hawking are atheists would add weight to that argument

Sounds good to me but I would hope that people will think for themselves rather than be blind sheep that eat any food that people put in front of them.

Quote:
However, when a couple of hebetudinous fuckwits like you and Bill espouse atheism, that argument is blown out of the water.

I would like to think that when people are putting down atheist with language like {fuckwits} people would consider whether that person has any moral grounds to stand on. Shocked

BillRM

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:22 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
He was wrong wasn't he? Just like you

He was only wrong because our loan/aid was enough to keep you in the fight until we enter the war or are you trying to claim without that aid/loans you would not had been force to settle with Hitler before Dec 7, 1941?

Also it was still a very high risk loan that no one would had granted you for finance reasons like you was trying to sell on this thread in order to downplay the fact that those loans save your rear-ends.

Americans are use to the idea that the French does not had a grateful bone anywhere in their bodies but most of us do not view your countrymen in the same manner.

By acting like a Frenchman on this thread you are doing a deserve to how Americans view your nation.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:24 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I posted it to let you know I could care less about your thoughts of other people's writing skills and to remind you that writing skills can very from person to person and just because a psychopath may be able to write correctly does not take away from the other poor qualities of his nature.

So you could care less about my thoughts, funny I couldn't care less about yours. You're quite right though, writing skills do very. Your writing skills vary so much from the norm that you needed to write the above paragraph so we know what you mean. It still looks that you're implying I'm a psychopath for disagreeing with you, although it's not always that clear what I'm supposed to be disagreeing with.

Quote:
I would like to think that when people are putting down atheist with language like {fuckwits} people would consider whether that person has any moral grounds to stand on. Shocked

Who's talking about morality? I wasn't putting down atheists, but a couple of idiots whose postings are laughably crude and nonsensical. I see you don't deny being hebetudinous, well at least that's something.

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Your writing skills vary so much from the norm that you needed to write the above paragraph so we know what you mean.

Who is we? You were the only one who jumped to that conclusion!

Quote:
It still looks that you're implying I'm a psychopath for disagreeing with you

Make believe!

Quote:
Who's talking about morality? I wasn't putting down atheists, but a couple of idiots whose postings are laughably crude and nonsensical. I see you don't deny being hebetudinous, well at least that's something.

Are you this emotional in person?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:47 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
He was wrong wasn't he? Just like you

He was wrong. Roosevelt was smart enough to sack him and replace him with someone who saw the bigger picture. Roosevelt wasn't stupid, he wouldn't have authorised any loans if he thought we would surrender. Roosevelt could see that Nazi Germany was a grave threat to American democracy. Supporting us in 1940 was in America's best interests, and I don't see why you think there's something wrong in that. Most countries act in their own interests, it's not meant as a criticism. What's wrong is when you try to turn it into something else, and then try to airbrush the contribution of British and Commonwealth forces from History.

Quote:
By acting like a Frenchman on this thread you are doing a deserve to how Americans view your nation.

**** knows what this sentence means, but there's a monumental difference between appreciating the sacrifice of American (and other) forces during the war, and the sort of forelock tugging servility you seem to expect. Maybe the French were upset that you didn't constantly praise them for saving your 'asses' during the wars of 1776 and 1812.

Maybe it's because you're just too immature to see History for what it is, and just an opportunity to boast about how brilliant you are. It's really time you grew up, and not see everything as a personal slight against 'the Great and Powerful Bill of OZ,' because, like the Wizard you're just a sad little man with a big booming voice who thinks he can bully everyone else into submission.

BTW disagreeing with you isn't disagreeing with America. You don't personify your country any more than I do. There's plenty of Americans who ridicule your childlike interpretation of History, and don't see my attitude as anti-American in any way. I quite like Americans, I don't like blustering gobshites who are too used to getting their own way, and try to bully anyone who doesn't agree with them.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:54 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Are you this emotional in person?

You know you've lost the argument, when instead of debating you start conjuring up emotions out of thin air. I'm English, we're not known for being emotional, try to stick to the point if you can.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 11:58 am
@izzythepush,
You seem to be a silly, emotional, English person.

And yes you won the argument because you were the only one in it! Wink
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 12:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
He was wrong. Roosevelt was smart enough to sack him and replace him with someone who saw the bigger picture. Roosevelt wasn't stupid, he wouldn't have authorised any loans if he thought we would surrender

He was willing to run the risk of losing the money that does not however imply that it was not a super high risk loan because you might not had been able to hold out and the whole thing was a closely run thing indeed even with our aids/loans.

Thank god for the future of the Western World that there was one and a half Americans in power between Churchill and Roosevelt. Rolling Eyes
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 01:41 pm
@BillRM,
The loans have all been paid back. This is all about you collapsing something as complex as WW2 into one single issue, that of saving 'asses.' Which, like everything else, is just about proving you right. You seem to think that an inflexible attitude, and a refusal to accept anything that does not support your own preconceptions means you've got a strong character. It doesn't, it just means you can't see further than the end of your own nose.

This whole bollocks about saving 'asses' came up in response to me replying to Spendi's post, saying I supported closer European integration. Only an idiot like you could be offended by that, but instead of doing what any normal person would have done, and asking me why I thought that, you went on about saving 'asses.'

You don't want to know anything, you already know it all, and you just want to foist your opinion on everyone else, regardless of what the topic is. I've learnt quite a bit since coming on A2K, but I've learnt absolutely nothing from you, and I suspect you've learnt nothing from anyone else.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 01:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I've learnt absolutely nothing from you

That is not true! Why not talk about the zeitgeist or current conditions of our countries?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 01:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
I was addressing Bill, but I have learnt something from you. I've learnt you have an almost hysterical need to force people to watch hours of video, but a complete inability to say why we should watch them. You're the most neediest person I've ever come across.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 02:13 pm
@izzythepush,
You have also learnt something from bill as well!
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 02:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
Nothing worth repeating.