Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 06:25 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
When the right to bear arms was carved in stone it took 5 minutes to reload and pulling the trigger was a bit risky and only the well off could afford it.

I agree with you mate...I think that no one saw where that was going to lead...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 09:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

Quote:
Who is Miss Cliffe?

http://www.cliffefc.com/2012/miss-december/
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 11:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
Thanks mate...You know who I meant by Cliffe correct?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 12:02 am
@reasoning logic,
We have talked about that video before...But after watching it, I have a couple of questions for you...If you view things like Sam Harris does, and you think that people should challenge what they know.....Or believe...What do you think you do to challenge what you think you know or think you believe? You have said we all get reality wrong at times...Do you think you could be wrong at times? Please explain how you think you may be incorrect? How you know you are incorrect? And what you do when you think or know you are incorrect about something? And I mean a specific about the last one...Please explain to me how you get rid of working models, and replace it...If that is what you think you do...
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 04:40 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
We have talked about that video before..

That was the first time I remember watching that video but I have seen many similar.

Quote:
I have a couple of questions for you.

What ever happen to keeping it simple? I see more than a couple of question marks.

Quote:
If you view things like Sam Harris does, and you think that people should challenge what they know.....Or believe...What do you think you do to challenge what you think you know or think you believe?

I have read some of the works of Plato and one of them named "Socrates Apology" helped me to see how it is normal for everyone to talk about things that they do not know as if they understood them.
This led me to think that I do the same thing at times so rather than being closed minded or thinking that I know things with certainty, I remind myself that part of what I think is correct, "is actually incorrect.

Quote:
You have said we all get reality wrong at times...Do you think you could be wrong at times?

I would not have used the word "WE" if I was not including myself.

Quote:
Please explain how you think you may be incorrect? How you know you are incorrect? And what you do when you think or know you are incorrect about something? And I mean a specific about the last one...Please explain to me how you get rid of working models, and replace it...If that is what you think you do...

We all have a working model of reality and we continue to build this model and revise it all the time, sometimes the new information is helpful and sometimes it is just further misleading.

I personally try and listen to as many different positions as I can on any given subject and try to find evidence to support all the claims being made. At the same time I try to remind myself of biases that I may hold.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 04:50 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Thanks mate...You know who I meant by Cliffe correct?

No not exactly I was not sure if you were talking about the fiscal cliff or what.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 05:58 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

Cool dog?

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 12:44 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I presume you're astride the peak of BM with the point up your arse.

Speaking of arses spendius, I see that the Catholic church has a new spokes person.

spendius

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 01:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
I dare say, rl, if I had the inclination, I could find a video sticking all the blame on Mom and apple pie. I have a book that does.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 05:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
I meant mr Cliffe from New Britian CT...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 05:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
I am almost certain I have seen it before...But you could be correct, and it could have been another...

Second part...I am sorry mate, I forgot about the simple thing...I will try with this one...And on from there...

Third...Do you think that it is possible that this veiw could be incorrect? And is just your opinion or belief...that this is the best way? Though you are not certain about that?

Last part...Do you think it is possible that at times it is better to be sure of something even if you can be wrong? Rather than not knowing and can be correct? Or can be incorrect?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 05:24 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Second part...I am sorry mate, I forgot about the simple thing...I will try with this one...And on from there...

Help me to understand how this is keeping it simple Ryan? I said that I seen more than a couple of question marks the last time and to be exact there were 5 of them.

This time there are 5 question marks. Can you help me to understand how this is simpler?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 05:33 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I meant mr Cliffe from New Britian CT...

Tell me about mr Cliffe from New Britian CT because I am at a lost.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 06:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
Because you really don't have to quote them all...That is how it is simplier...mate...I am sorry mate...But I have things I would like to ask you...Are you saying you do not want to take the time...to reply, because you know what you think and believe? And I may not?

It would not take a lot of time to just type a post giving me your answers without the quotes...mate...But in any event mate...If you do not want to answer that is cool...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 06:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
Mr Cliffe Knechtle...From the program give me an answer...
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 06:40 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Ryan Please share all of your view points with me but please if you would keep the questions to 2 or less.

This is not about you but about how me and you both get reality wrong at times.

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 06:44 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Mr Cliffe Knechtle...From the program give me an answer...

I will be honest and that is who I thought that you may have been talking about but my search engine was unable to bring him up even though I did have him in my mind.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 10:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
I will watch the video tomorrow mate...I will keep it simple...
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 07:06 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I will watch the video tomorrow mate...I will keep it simple...

Cool, what is your honest opinion?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2012 07:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
I have to be honest, I have not watched it yet mate...Because my sleep has been bad...But I do intent to watch the video mate...