Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 04:54 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So it is Christains who like to be on bullshit mountain? And not me? Do you think that what I have to say is a lot different than what most Christians have to say? Are they up there? Am I up there? Or do you think we all are?

Bullshit mountain is the place where people stand and talk about things that they can not show evidence for.

Quote:

Don't you think that by us eating it we now know what the difference actually is?

Yes.

Quote:
Do you disagree with the way it was revealed? What would have been a better way? And why?

let people come to the best understanding of what right and wrong is and not tell them that they should not consider moral philosophy.

Quote:

But don't you think that this gave us free will, and the ability to distinguish what morality even is?

So why and lie about it and teach other things that are immoral?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 05:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Bullshit mountain is the place where people stand and talk about things that they can not show evidence for.

So this is what you "think" bullshit mountain is? Do you think it is also fair to say that people should be able to think that trying to find evidence for everything that they say...Could be bullshit mountain also? Cause this is an opinion that can't be proven correct? Or do you think it can be?

Quote:
let people come to the best understanding of what right and wrong is and not tell them that they should not consider moral philosophy.

Why do you think that anyone is actually trying to do this? You claim it, but can you prove that God or his believers do this? Other than your own opinions...? If you can't...Do you think this also fits the definition of bullshit mountain? Or no?

Quote:
So why and lie about it and teach other things that are immoral?

Who says that they are? What if they really are not? If some of it is true..."And is the most moral things you have ever heard"...Why do you think that some of it would be immoral? And is the most immoral? If it is the same God, would he not realize these mistakes? And if it is not a God, but people who were just thinking philisophical...Why do you think that someone over the many many years would put them together, if some of the things are moral? And some are not? Do you think they would have seen what you have? And others? Or no? Does it all have to be either moral? Or immoral? Even if it is just not fully comprehended but thought that it is? If it is in the same book?

In other words...Do you think it is the book that is immoral, at times? Or is it just your own thinking that thinks it is not the same? Please explain...
spendius

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 05:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

You accused me of sophistry and when challenged to provide evidence you ducked out so I presume you're astride the peak of BM with the point up your arse.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 06:51 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So this is what you "think" bullshit mountain is?

Yes.

Quote:
Do you think it is also fair to say that people should be able to think that trying to find evidence for everything that they say...Could be bullshit mountain also?

No this is called the intellectual honest mountain where people know that they may be wrong but they seek the best working models for reality but even so they realize that there may be better working models of reality to come.

Quote:
Cause this is an opinion that can't be proven correct? Or do you think it can be?

I do think that some working models can be proven to be more correct than others, do you disagree?

Quote:

Who says that they are? What if they really are not? If some of it is true..."And is the most moral things you have ever heard"...Why do you think that some of it would be immoral?

Because they are written by men rather than by an all knowing God.

Quote:
Why do you think that anyone is actually trying to do this? You claim it, but can you prove that God or his believers do this?

It does not require a PhD to see that the bible reflects history to some degree and if one reads it as a science or psychology rather than a theology it does not seem hard to see.

Quote:
Who says that they are? What if they really are not? If some of it is true..."And is the most moral things you have ever heard"...Why do you think that some of it would be immoral?

Because it was put together by the works of moral philosophers combined with sociopathic interest.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 07:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
Do you think you know you have a belief?

Or do you think you know you do not have a belief?

2 Cents
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 07:11 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Do you think you know you have a belief?

Or do you think you know you do not have a belief?

Ryan I think that we all have beliefs but if we can realize that our beliefs can be wrong and that it is possible that there may be some answers that are more correct than others about reality than what we subjectively see, I think that we may all be better off.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:34 am
@reasoning logic,
Do you think that atheists have beliefs about God(s)?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:44 am
@reasoning logic,

Quote:
No this is called the intellectual honest mountain where people know that they may be wrong but they seek the best working models for reality but even so they realize that there may be better working models of reality to come.

Do you think it is possible for others to think this is a part of BM?

Quote:
I do think that some working models can be proven to be more correct than others, do you disagree?

Sure I agree....But that does not mean that this is true in every circumstance? Do you disagree? Have you ever heard if it is not broken don't fix it? Do you think this is a part of BM? Or is this person's opinions less valid than yours?

Quote:
Because they are written by men rather than by an all knowing God.

Do you think that men and women can write a book who knew God?

Quote:
It does not require a PhD to see that the bible reflects history to some degree and if one reads it as a science or psychology rather than a theology it does not seem hard to see.

I don't understand your point here...

Quote:
Because it was put together by the works of moral philosophers combined with sociopathic interest.

Why do you think they had sociopathic interests if what they have said is immoral to you?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 02:46 am
@reasoning logic,
How have you been mate? Hit me up on PM if you would like...
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 04:52 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Do you think it is possible for others to think this is a part of BM?

Ryan people will think all sorts of things to be true.

If you really would like to have a little better understanding about the way I think then take a few minutes and listen to this audio as there is no video.

Its about dogma more than it is about religion and has many answers to the questions you ask.

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 04:55 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I am doing good Ryan but I am concerned for those who lost love ones today.
spendius

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 05:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
Concern is easy to express.

Are you up for disarming the American public?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 11:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
Cool mate...If that is how you say you view things, I will watch it...I would have liked for you to explain exactly how you feel...like we have been doing...But I will watch the video...And ask you how you feel, and how I may feel about what the video is saying, since it is just like how you view things...

I am concerned too mate....Very concerned...It happened in the same state I am in...And not much more than a 40-45 minute drive from where I am currently sitting...

I know CT or other people there have no responsibilty other than trying to pick up the peaces once things fall apart...And I think with all the Police and Vigil's they are trying to do that...But it may take a very very long time, if it ever goes away...But I was ashamed to say I lived in CT, after what happened today...I really was mate...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 01:19 am
@reasoning logic,
Have you watched Cliffe recently?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 07:01 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Have you watched Cliffe recently?

No but I did check out Miss Cliffe November and December.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 09:24 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Are you up for disarming the American public?

88 guns per 100 people in the US, We seem to be the most armed civilians in the world so I do not see that happening anytime soon.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 04:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
That is such a disgusting fact if true...No?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 05:47 pm
@spendius,
Someone voting us down again mate...Arn't you happy that we are raddling some cages?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 05:47 pm
@reasoning logic,
Who is Miss Cliffe?
spendius

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 05:57 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
That is such a disgusting fact if true...No?

It's Maoism. Power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Get obsessed with power and control, a function of an inferiority complex, and guns become sacred.

When the right to bear arms was carved in stone it took 5 minutes to reload and pulling the trigger was a bit risky and only the well off could afford it.