Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 12:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
If I stood on top of bullshit mountain and told you that you would die if you studied moral philosophy what would you think of me?

You really shouldn't ask questions like that.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 12:46 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

You really shouldn't ask questions like that.

You could be right but I did not mean any harm in my question. What do see wrong with the question I asked?
spendius

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 02:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
Somebody might send for the men in white coats and we don't want that.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 02:26 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Somebody might send for the men in white coats and we don't want that

Yeah maybe so but in the past it was the men in white who may have said things as such but now we have them dressed in long black robes teaching it.
spendius

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 02:27 pm
@reasoning logic,
Like in the USSC?
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 02:32 pm
@spendius,
yep but even worse.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 03:21 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Ryan I would like to share with you something that I think is closer to reality than some people think. This is a video from someone similar to you, "A Christian theist.

This is a story that I would be welling to bet that you do not know of.

This is about Joseph Smith, I wonder if mine and your religion could have similar problems, "though the speaker may not notice this about his own religion But then again I could be wrong.

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 05:49 pm
@reasoning logic,

Quote:
I am not sure if you understand bullshit mountain as well as you could but bullshit mountain is called bullshit mountain because that is all that is there. Reality does not exist on top of bullshit mountain.

I see, had you just realized that you think I am on top of bullshit mountain? Or do you think I have always been there?

Quote:
If we were to talk about reality and I brought up the subject "moral philosophy", what would you think if I told you that you should not question morality but rather listen to me?

Do you honestly think that the way I express myself is similar to the way you have just asked that question?

Quote:
Do you find anything wrong with studying moral philosophy and coming to a better understanding of right and wrong?

No, I don't...And if you were giving me your opinions and I had asked you about your opinions..And had taken the time to debate with you for over a year...

I would not say that you are on bullshit mountain...because I may disgree with what you have said...

Quote:
If I stood on top of bullshit mountain and told you that you would die if you studied moral philosophy what would you think of me?

I would want to study moral philosophy...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 05:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
This is a very good place to start.

Start? So everything we have said in the last almost 400 pages did not matter because it was not what you thought was morally correct?
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 06:03 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I see, had you just realized that you think I am on top of bullshit mountain? Or do you think I have always been there?

None of us are there all of the time even retarded people experience reality and "No I am not saying you are retarded but rather it is true that everything experiences reality some times.

Quote:
Do you honestly think that the way I express myself is similar to the way you have just asked that question?

It was only a question and not the way you may express yourself.

Quote:
I would want to study moral philosophy...

That is good news and I am happy to here that you have an interest in moral philosophy.

Being that you are open minded to how we all get reality wrong and how we find the truth, I was wondering if you were able to relate to this other Christian and myself as to how he and I have been mislead by our environment.

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 06:06 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Start? So everything we have said in the last almost 400 pages did not matter because it was not what you thought was morally correct?

This is what you stated and not what I had stated.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 06:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
Correct because I am asking you if this is true or not?

You also said this first...

Quote:

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 06:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
None of us are there all of the time even retarded people experience reality and "No I am not saying you are retarded but rather it is true that everything experiences reality some times.

And this includes you thinking as well?

Quote:
It was only a question and not the way you may express yourself.

What do you think about it? Do you think I express myself as though I say to not study moral philosophy other than the ways I think I may be correct?

Quote:
That is good news and I am happy to here that you have an interest in moral philosophy.

Being that you are open minded to how we all get reality wrong and how we find the truth, I was wondering if you were able to relate to this other Christian and myself as to how he and I have been mislead by our environment.

So you think I may be on bullshit mountain? But want me to view what you have an interest in? How do I know you are not on top of bullshit mountain yourself?

That is my point...I can't be on it much...And you can't be either if we have talked for long time...back and forth...unless someone was being intellectually dishonest....2 Cents

I'd rather talk about this than a video right now...to be honest...Do you think this a bullshit statement? Or truth?
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 06:44 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

Quote:
You also said this first...

Quote:

I have never accused you of being immoral but I will be honest and I find the bible that you uphold to have both the most moral and immoral teachings that I have ever encountered.

I see that the starting point in the bible to be one of the most inhumane things presented to humans, "That a god would tell humanity to not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I see that as say that we should not digest the difference between good and evil right and wrong. How else would we now the difference from right and wrong if we are not able to think about it?

If I were to tell you that you should believe in what I tell you to be empirically correct about morality I would think that I have created the greatest sin imaginable because even though I think I may be correct I do realize through experience that I have been wrong before and that tells me that I am probably wrong about some of the things I think are moral.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 06:52 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
That is my point...I can't be on it much...And you can't be either if we have talked for long time...back and forth...unless someone was being intellectually dishonest....2 Cents

Well the truth is Ryan that one of us could be a sociopath and be very intellectual and having fun at the expense of the other.

Quote:
What do you think about it? Do you think I express myself as though I say to not study moral philosophy other than the ways I think I may be correct?

Honestly? Yes.

Quote:
I'd rather talk about this than a video right now...to be honest...Do you think this a bullshit statement? Or truth?

I think that you are being truthful but how do you think it makes me feel being that I spend hours researching videos that I can relate to and share with you and others only to find that you have no interest in the reality that I would like to share?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 07:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I have never accused you of being immoral but I will be honest and I find the bible that you uphold to have both the most moral and immoral teachings that I have ever encountered.

So it is Christains who like to be on bullshit mountain? And not me? Do you think that what I have to say is a lot different than what most Christians have to say? Are they up there? Am I up there? Or do you think we all are?

Quote:
I see that the starting point in the bible to be one of the most inhumane things presented to humans, "That a god would tell humanity to not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I see that as say that we should not digest the difference between good and evil right and wrong. How else would we now the difference from right and wrong if we are not able to think about it?

Don't you think that by us eating it we now know what the difference actually is?

Do you disagree with the way it was revealed? What would have been a better way? And why?

Quote:
If I were to tell you that you should believe in what I tell you to be empirically correct about morality I would think that I have created the greatest sin imaginable because even though I think I may be correct I do realize through experience that I have been wrong before and that tells me that I am probably wrong about some of the things I think are moral.

But don't you think that this gave us free will, and the ability to distinguish what morality even is? And know with certainty what it is and why we should abide by what it says? In the process of finding ourselves? and challenging faith? In an instant? Yes, I agree, and do not embrace blind faith...

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 07:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Well the truth is Ryan that one of us could be a sociopath and be very intellectual and having fun at the expense of the other.

Which one is the sociopath? And which one is the intellectual? If one is interested in learning...And one likes to play around with anothers views, and claim they may be a sociopath? And intellectual? Regardless of who is actually right or wrong?

Quote:
Honestly? Yes.

Thank you for your honesty...

Now I would like to ask you about your opinions...

Why do you think that I think that others should not study moral philosophy other than what I say that I think it is?

Is it possible you are mistaking assertiveness...for condescendsion?

Or is it possible that I may be correct in thinking my views are important? Opposed to you maybe thinking that we are all sociopaths? And that we all get somethings wrong? Or are more evil than good? And I think it is the other ways around? Is it possible you see this a weakness? But I think it is a stength? And you think it is wrong for me to do? But I disagree because I do not think we are more evil than good...? But yet we are both being intellectually honest? And neither is actually being condecending?

Quote:
I think that you are being truthful but how do you think it makes me feel being that I spend hours researching videos that I can relate to and share with you and others only to find that you have no interest in the reality that I would like to share?

I understand exactly what you are saying...And I am empathetic to how you see things, even if you do not think that I am...But I will say this so that maybe you understand where we are coming from?

Do you think it is intellectually honest for you to say that others are on bullshit mountain? But then should watch your videos or listen to what you have to say? Why would they not be free to think you are on that mountain as well? I don't think you are...But if you are going to claim that people are...Why not be empathetic that they may see you the same exact way?

I can't fully speak for them..I did not do it...Because I want to hear you explain this...Before discussing what someone else has to say...about something else...And other times why, is because I would like to see you think your opinion is worthy to be viewing the video to begin with...And tell us, or me, if you are asking me...What you think is standout about them? So that I will know with certainty how you feel about them? and am not trying to guess or perceive directly how you feel...Because it does not need to be done all of the time...And a true friendship is based upon trust...It is not really right for me to perport exactly how I think you view the videos all the time, when I really do not know exactly how you feel about them unless you explain...I think I have a good idea...But I am not certain...And I could not explain how you view them, better that you could yourself....So I like to hear how you view them, in me explaining how I view them...It may seem like I am making excuses...But I am more interested in discussing what you have said to me, right now...But that is why I did not watch the video right now...And am discussing what you have said to me...

I DO care about what you say and think...We just have different ways of embracing things logically...But I hope I never say I think you are on bullshit mountain...I hope I never say that you are a sociopath...And I hope I never say that because I may disagree with you...You are not being intellectually honest in explaining your views to me...

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 08:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
I honestly understand what you are saying...And yes, I think at times I am condescending....But I also think I am very genuine as well...I think I may not fully articulate how I disagree with people in the most proper fasion I could..But I do believe I am more genuine than condescending...And I do think I make conscious efforts to be more genuine than condescending...And I think I have flaws like everyone else...And can only try to be more good than bad...And constantly try to change those things about myself...Because I understand the nature of sin..Maybe you disagree with me? And why you may think I sit on the mountain?

But I would not call that sociopathic, condescending...Or intellectually dishonest for me to say so...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 01:43 am
@reasoning logic,
It invites insults.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2012 06:18 am
@izzythepush,
Hey mate? How have you been?
0 Replies