Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 06:09 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Thank you for sharing your view points with me Ryan.

Quote:
I have no way of knowing if they are delusions or not...As I can not experience what they seem too...Or our experiences are not the same...I would not call my experiences delusions, that need to be challenged so that they are understood, that they are...But seem real...at the time being...

I took a couple of days to think about what you said and came to a conclusion that may be incorrect so I was hopeing that you would correct me if I am incorrect.

One of the atheist thought that his pillow was talking to him so he burnt it but you seem to think that it is possible that his pillow did indeed talk to him but you are not sure because you are not him and were not able to share the experience that he had so therefore you do not know if it was reality or not?

The same thing may apply to the atheist that thought that he was God? Maybe God came into his body but he thought that it was a delusion?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 01:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I took a couple of days to think about what you said and came to a conclusion that may be incorrect so I was hopeing that you would correct me if I am incorrect.

OK, I will correct you where I think you are incorrect...Though I think I have said this a couple of times...Did you ever explain why you think your memory is bad? Just curious...Cause I do not remember you ever explaining why...

Quote:
One of the atheist thought that his pillow was talking to him so he burnt it but you seem to think that it is possible that his pillow did indeed talk to him but you are not sure because you are not him and were not able to share the experience that he had so therefore you do not know if it was reality or not?

That is not exactly how I would word it...No, it is not that I believe it could be real or not...It is that, I have no way of knowing, if this is true, or not...Based upon what he says...Or has posted...I have no idea, if it, did, happen, If it was real, or not...Or if it was, in his own mind, creating something that was not there...Or if it is real, and he either found out it was not...Or chose to believe that it was not real...But it actually happened....

Quote:
The same thing may apply to the atheist that thought that he was God? Maybe God came into his body but he thought that it was a delusion?

I can't tell you if this is the way, it is, or not, because of the same reasons above...

Maybe this will help us understand more...

Do you seem, to believe, that these things, are the way, that you see them, and why?

Or are you looking, to know, because you believe, you may have an Atheistic, or Theistic psychosis, in which, you wish to challenge, the reality from Non?

Cause if you do not believe that you do...But believe that others do...And would like to know, why...And explain how you "think", that they do, or do not...But do not believe, you have it yourself...You will never know, how, or why, to any of those answers, but be best guessing...Cause knowing...Would entail you going through, these experiences, itself...Get my point?

If you do not believe, you have one...And I do not...We will never know what is actually happening...Or if you believe, I have one...Or if I believe you have one...Whatever I am saying is factual...Or whatever you say would be factual, to you...And the only way we could challenge these things to discover reality from non, would be to compare the 2 sources...Or we would have to agree to disagree, because we both believe what we experience is reality...Or we would both be willing to accept the others views...Because we both would believe our experiences we not real...It would be one of those 3...

Otherwise, it makes no difference...And would, help us none, to try to figure out, what reality, too us is, or is not...

As we all see it different, and then, by the way you think, it is...As do some others...And the way I think it is...And some others...Any one who believes, either, for or against a God, may have it themselves...As it is normal to believe (me)...And this difference is "normal"...as well...(you)

Otherwise, people with these differences, can only answer these questions themselves...And know and explain what you are looking for, and why...And I can not give them to you...As I see myself as you see yourself in respective ways...And we are just 2 people incapable of understanding these answers, as we both do not have these differences...Though a theist and atheist...we are...

We will never know...

In short...My perspective...

You would have to get one who has it and is a theist...And one who has it, and is an atheist...Who both believe that they do....And are willing to challenge the other persons perspective...And have people from both sides who do not believe that they do...Observing what both of them are doing and saying, and why... Idea

That is the only way you can find a conclusive answer for both sides... 2 Cents
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 01:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
Speaking of hearing voices and what not...I figured I would lighten the mood a bit...Enjoy the video... Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

I may not be on, at all, tomorrow mate, and all...Enjoy your Thanksgiving...And everyone else who celebrates...

I know it is a bit long, or could seem not that funny...But the joke is around 4 min in, to the end...

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 03:31 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
In short...My perspective...

You would have to get one who has it and is a theist...And one who has it, and is an atheist...Who both believe that they do....And are willing to challenge the other persons perspective...And have people from both sides who do not believe that they do...Observing what both of them are doing and saying, and why... Idea

I think that you stand as an extreme minority among Christians and atheist who would see the experiences that those atheist shared as being possibly true. as if it was reality. I would think that there can only be a very few who would have described the situations the atheist had as a tangled web of uncertainty as you did. Wink
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 03:32 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
That was a different type of video for sure. Laughing
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 09:53 pm
Ryan I just wanted to share with what I think is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Please keep in mind that I am not intentionally trying to put down this person because just as I wake up every morning I do not think about how I am going to be empathic I also do not think that this person wakes up and thinks how he is going to be sociopathic.

I think that this mind set has infiltrated the church that my own mother goes to but because she believes rather than comes to her own understandings she is being lead by the blind.

This is a Quote of his.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/11/21/mrs_clinton_brings_peace_to_middle_east

Quote. The Japanese surrendered. But it wasn't because there were negotiations between us and the emperor of Japan. It's because we wiped them out. You might have heard about this. We dropped a couple of nuclear bombs on them. I'm sure you've been taught that. We dropped a couple of nuclear bombs. You probably have been taught that we did this for the fun of it, 'cause we're mean-spirited extremists. But it was in a war when we dropped those bombs, and back in those days, you won wars by killing civilians. The same thing in Germany. When we bombed Germany, we were not bombing military targets. There wasn't any conflict resolution 101 back then. I know this is gonna be shocking news to some of you, but we actually -- and not just us. Everybody targeted civilians, and that's how you won a war, and the Japanese then surrendered and they signed the terms of surrender, and they also pledged to form a new government.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 10:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I think that you stand as an extreme minority among Christians and atheist who would see the experiences that those atheist shared as being possibly true. as if it was reality. I would think that there can only be a very few who would have described the situations the atheist had as a tangled web of uncertainty as you did.

And I can say that unless I had a theistic or A...I would not be able to understand what is happening and what is not...In either case...And know what is reality or what is not...Or I would be best guessing...

And just because I may believe one way or another about them, Does not make me more valid... Wink

Thanks for the compliment mate... Wink
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 10:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Ryan I just wanted to share with what I think is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I understand what you mean mate...And why you think it sounds like a wolf in sheep's clothing...I do understand their point about uniting to stop the Germans...I do not agree with them about the Japanese....Like you do not either...And I do not agree about having to kill civilians either...Like you do not as well...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 09:52 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
.Did you ever explain why you think your memory is bad? Just curious...Cause I do not remember you ever explaining why...

I truly do not know why, I can only guess that it is the way my brain processes information. I have a very good long term memory with detail for many things but if I were to study for a test that I have little interest in then I have a hard time. I have other problems of processing information as well which I think means "I have to spend a lot more time studying a subject than many others to retain and comprehend.
We are all different in so many ways.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 03:58 am
@reasoning logic,
Why did you want, to express your positions, about a wolf in Sheep's clothing, to me?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 04:18 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I truly do not know why, I can only guess that it is the way my brain processes information. I have a very good long term memory with detail for many things but if I were to study for a test that I have little interest in then I have a hard time. I have other problems of processing information as well which I think means "I have to spend a lot more time studying a subject than many others to retain and comprehend.
We are all different in so many ways.

I can tell you why I believe it is happening, though I am not certain...And can easily be wrong...And you may not agree...But I try to be genuine...Like I think people should be...all the time...But if not, especially friends...

I have already told you this mate, actually...

I think at some point, you stopped challenging things...Or believing them...And embraced that accepting bits and pieces of everyone else's views to be your own...Rather than having your own, and challenging millions...Is the reason why that may happen...And it started at the age you decided to think this way....

And I think if you can see millions of perspectives to equal one...You can have one that challenges and embraces millions...I can't say that I know or understand why you may or may not have chosen to view things this way...But for whatever reason, it seems to me when you decided to do this...It limited your own beliefs and challenges...Though like I said, I think you can do it, if you wanted to do so...And sort out what exactly about Atheism, and Christianity, you do like and do not like...If you are 50/50 like you say, and are not an Agnostic....

And part of the reasons why I see you as an Agnostic and not in favor of one or the other...

And why reverted you say you are an Atheist-Christian...

But like I have said before mate...I am not positive, and can be wrong...But those are just my opinions...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 06:47 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I think that you stand as an extreme minority among Christians and atheist who would see the experiences that those atheist shared as being possibly true. as if it was reality. I would think that there can only be a very few who would have described the situations the atheist had as a tangled web of uncertainty as you did.

Not just atheists, theists as well...

Do you believe that any of these people are being self honest with themselves or other people?...If they do or do not believe things...And then believe that they know things that they do not believe they experience themselves? If they do this, Are they not huge hypocrites? Or are they the ones who distort reality?, As they proclaim they do know, but are not honest with others in how they do or do not know about other things that do or do not exist? Which requires a belief?, Just like them thinking they know what a psychosis is? How can they have a belief about that? But not about other things? How can they know what they believe if they can not experience a psychosis?, And then say they do not have one?...But then not have a belief about something they do not know exists? Are they physically incapable of having a belief in Gods or not? If they are not incapable, how do they not have one? Whether they believe he is real or not?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:02 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I think at some point, you stopped challenging things...Or believing them...And embraced that accepting bits and pieces of everyone else's views to be your own...Rather than having your own, and challenging millions...Is the reason why that may happen...And it started at the age you decided to think this way....

I do not agree with you completely but I do try not to believe.

I think that if I started playing video games I could get better, what do you think?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:09 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I do not agree with you completely but I do try not to believe.

Please read my last reply...And please understand when I say something bold it is not anger at you personally or anyone else...But the fact that you actually are willing to discuss or debate with me...And sometimes projections that others give off...

Do you honestly believe what I underlined above is a belief? Or not a belief? This will help me understand atheists a great deal more than I think I do...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:14 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I think that if I started playing video games I could get better, what do you think?

Of course you would mate!...So why not take a leap of faith in God?, or believe what believers say?, unless you already believe he is not real? And believe there is no reason to believe he is? Or that believers are correct?

Do you honestly believe you would get better? Are you uncertain? Or do you have a rejection of a belief one way or the other that you would get better if you played them more than you do?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:36 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Do you believe that any of these people are being self honest with themselves or other people?..

I would think so, I see no reason to not be honest about it. If you are asking if some of the people who say they are god are being dishonest then I would say probably if they are doing it for money.

Quote:
If they do or do not believe things...And then believe that they know things that they do not believe they experience themselves? If they do this, Are they not huge hypocrites?

I do not quite get what you are asking

I see the underline sentences as understandings. I view these understandings as approximations of reality. I try not to believe them with complete certainty but what I try to do is form these understanding using natural philosophy "science" the best that I can.

You on the other hand remind me of Eric Hovind who uses tangled webs of theology.

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:39 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Do you honestly believe you would get better? Are you uncertain? Or do you have a rejection of a belief one way or the other that you would get better if you played them more than you do?

I take it that you did not watch the video that showed video gaming seems to have an advantage when it comes to some brain functions?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:42 am
@reasoning logic,
If you can honestly say, you have a rejection of a belief, you would get better from playing video games, more, than you currently do...Why would you, even chose, to play them? That is my, whole point, about atheism, and, thank you, for helping me, show it, and explain it...If you have no beliefs, why have any association, or title, or descriptions, etc...That depicts you, in any way, that is not indicative, as to the person you truly are?

Which others misunderstand you?, Which leads to superior thinking? And all other nonsense, and bias?....

When atheists are the ones who sell their products wrong...

How can they get upset when Critics critique a Critic?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:50 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I would think so, I see no reason to not be honest about it. If you are asking if some of the people who say they are god are being dishonest then I would say probably if they are doing it for money.

This is not possible my friend...If people have an illness or difference, where they do not know reality from non...How can they be guilty of something they do not even know they are doing? On the other hand...if an atheist claims they know what a psychosis is, and can't experience it, but then says they do not have a belief about a God, but it does not exist, they are liars and hypocrites...If there are people who lie and pose as God, just for money, I agree, and are worse off then not having a belief at all...

Quote:
I do not quite get what you are asking

I explained it again for you...Cause I knew it was coming...

Quote:
You on the other hand remind me of Eric Hovind who uses tangled webs of theology.

No mate, I KNOW what I am doing and why...I am not trying to fool anyone...I regeritate the same type of foolish tricks others try to lay upon me...But I know I am doing it to show them how they stumble...They do so, to try to be deceptive....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:54 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I take it that you did not watch the video that showed video gaming seems to have an advantage when it comes to some brain functions?

I did not even have too mate...

I knew where to go to next, without even having to watch it...Or be shown by someone else, to do the thinking for me....

I asked you if you shared your views I would watch...Had you said what you did up top...I would have watched it to see how I agreed or not...

I am talking to you, so I am interested in what you think about the videos, not what someone else, who I can not speak with has to say...Or is this different than that of a person claiming to be Jesus Christ?
0 Replies