Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:12 am
@BillRM,
...yeah right...shotguns against 18 years old soccer fans...indeed American stupidity is scary, it never ends !!!
BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:17 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
yeah right...shotguns against 18 years old soccer fans...indeed American stupidity is scary, it never ends !!!

I did not say anything about shotguns however whatever their age they had a history of hurting innocent people by mob actions and that would not had been a wise thing to try on American soil as the issue would had been likely over with before the police arrived.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:21 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
The difference between America and England is the difference between Greeks and Romans or Hamlet and the Titanic (the film)... in child's language and in sum, the difference between red and pink !
0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:25 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Faith, itself, can be proven. Simply look at all the religions that exist and have ever existed. That, however, is not what is in question. Faith is merely the belief in that which does not rest on logical proof or material evidence, this of course can be proven. What's not proven are the claims in which people have faith in, which is what is currently in question now. As I'm sure I've stated before, no amount of belief can make something a fact. While it's a fact that you may believe something to be true, it doesn't, in fact, make what you believe in true. So you can assert that you have faith in something, for that is provable, but you cannot assert that the claim you have faith in is true, unless of course it is provable as well.

As far as Christianity "surviving with scruitiny" for 2,000+ years, that's laughable at best. For 500-600 of those years anyone who so much as mumbled a bad thing about the church was burned to death or hung for heresy or some other ridiculous crap. Christianity has only survived through ignorance, denial, and arbitrary word games. If you count Atheism as a religion, it's the fastest growing religion in America all thanks to the internet. So it's really not a matter of Christianity surviving scrutiny, it's a matter of them hiding from it, and thanks to the internet, there's no where left to hide...except imagination land.
Chights47

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:28 am
@reasoning logic,
It was a decent message to that video, but needed a little more...ummph? I, however, like the statistical facts that Atheists are generally more educated, more rational, more logical, and better off (financially) than theists...so much for the fear of god huh? I do see what the other guy was saying though. I think it has more to do with discipline though rather than the fear in god. Children need better discipline than they're getting these days.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:47 am
@Chights47,
I think that he does a much better job in this video. He shows how the psychopaths use the church to control the masses!

Chights47

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:52 am
@reasoning logic,
Jesus is Captian Save-a-ho...gotta love it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 01:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Do you think that it will also be helpful if I make myself fully informed with Ganesha and the pious belief of the orthodox devotees in Gaņeśa's Vedic origins?

I think you definitely should, anything to keep you occupied.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 01:21 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Given that in my younger days I had deal with real hoodlums in bars where people had been known to be shot from time to time I question if I need to had any great concern over the milk toast and tea English version of the same.

I never realised you were so big and strong and tough, does your Herculean strength match your intellectual infallability?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 01:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

...yeah right...shotguns against 18 years old soccer fans...indeed American stupidity is scary, it never ends !!!

Haven't you realised Bill is full of bluster? Only he could think that living in a more violent society is something to boast about.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 01:29 pm
@izzythepush,
I can think of others that are far worse than Bill, I sometimes wonder if is sexual arousing to them to see violence!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 01:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Haven't you realised Bill is full of bluster? Only he could think that living in a more violent society is something to boast about.

More like living in a society where the government trust it law abiding citizens to the point that a mob of assholes can not run wild hurting everyone in their path without running into people who can defend themselves.

Those soccer hoodlums do not sound all that peaceful or non-violent to me they just happen to live in a society that take alway citizens abilities to defend themselves from the bad actors.

If the tend continue in England you are going to end up as I said before eating only with plastic utensils.......... Laughing
izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:10 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Those soccer hoodlums do not sound all that peaceful or non-violent to me

And there's not really that many of them any more. You're living in the past, and it's called football.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:12 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

If the tend continue in England you are going to end up as I said before eating only with plastic utensils.......... Laughing

This is why nobody should ever take anything you say seriously.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:24 pm
@izzythepush,
There is not that many of them now because the rest of Europe begin banning your clubs from European play until you clean up the mess by banning fans if memory serve me correctly.

An it may be call football by you and the rest of the planet but we save that name for an far more interesting game.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:41 pm
@BillRM,
What do you mean 'until we clean up the mess?' You're living in the past, English clubs have been playing in Europe for a long time now. You may think your game is more interesting, but you're very much alone in that. I tried to watch it once, all stop start, no fluidity, and I really couldn't be bothered to find out what the rules were. Over here if you like American Football you're a bit of a nerd. Incidently the first recorded use of the word was by Henry VIII, and he was talking about football. John Smith and Pocahontas were just glints in their grandparent's eyes.
BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:45 pm
@izzythepush,
We do not care about your opinion at all and I try to watch soccer with it going on forever before someone get a score and lord what a boring game.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:47 pm
@BillRM,
It is the world's favourite sport for a reason.
BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It is the world's favourite sport for a reason.

Christianity is one of the world major religions for no sane reason also.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 05:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I never realised you were so big and strong and tough, does your Herculean strength match your intellectual infallability?

Big and strong no but I surely been in far more "colorful" places then an English Pub such as a bar by the name of the Last Chance.

Name such as it is the last bar on the mainland before the oversea highway begin going to Key West.

The first time I went by it I stop there because there was a real repeat real civil war cannon in the parking lot.

Seems the owner was into taking part in civil war reenactments battles. The town of Florida City however got annoy at him for firing it off within the town limits and ban him from doing so except for the fourth of July due to the noise of a real field piece being fire.

The first time I met him he had a black power civil war cavalry revolter on his hip that at the time look 2 foot long.

He was going to take the bar money to the bank and an interesting aspect of US law in that black power weapons are not consider firearms and that go for a 2 foot long civil war revolter or a two ton civil war cannon.

This is also the bar that one night the bar maid kill the bar cash register when a customer unwisely handed her a loaded firearm to look at and it discharge killing the cash register.

We all had dive for the floor at the sound of that shot.

Now tell me about your big and dangerous English pubs.