Hi Ryan.. Good to have you back .

Wink Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Always a pleasure to talk to you!!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 03:09 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

I find it to be a miracle that us "the fifth apes have been able to achieve the things we have achieved but when the majority of the fifth apes start understanding the moral philosophy or at least start to study it as if it were a lost treasure, then I will think a great miracle has really taken place but until then I guess I will have to wait because I have never been witness to any of the make believe type of miracles that most Christians speak of.
spendius

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 03:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I have no problem with miracle stories until people teach them to be reality.

That doesn't answer the question I asked you. It's a devious evasion. Go back and answer the question eh? There's a good chap.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 03:26 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
then I will think a great miracle has really taken place but until then I guess I will have to wait because I have never been witness to any of the make believe type of miracles that most Christians speak of.

That is honestly, because, I believe, in my introspection...You do not need to see any miracles...

You already have some type of faith...

You do not say that you are a believer, and I do not believe that you are lying...

But you have said, you are an atheist-Christian, I believe?

And you already, are past, looking for physical proof alone, and are on the words of God...Which is harder to embrace...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 03:31 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Do you mean, rl, that if there were no miracle stories there would be no moral philosophy or a different one to that generally accepted in the western world?

No spendius I am not sure why you even ask such a question being I do not see where I have touched on that. I see no need for miracle stories in the teaching of moral philosophy other than that people of long ago would not have accepted it without some story they could have related to. Lets just say that the stories were required to teach, I can not see where it has helped and as a matter of fact, I see a whole lot of evil the church has done over the years.

Quote:
What is it you are trying to prove?

I am trying to prove that a more moral civilization will benefit from their moral understandings than what they would if they had none. or very little.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 03:35 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Saints are for doubters, and Prophets are for believers...

I wonder how many people that would read that, would even understand it.

I imagine most people see the two as the same.

It would make perfect sense that if a God, felt there would be so many disbelievers that he would provide miracles so people would believe and that man would then call those people Saints, but then how many people believe in Prophets or even know what they are.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 03:45 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
You already have some type of faith...

I have understandings and no faith that I can think of.

Quote:

You do not say that you are a believer, and I do not believe that you are lying..

Well I would hope that you could understand that I am being truthful about my not believing.

Quote:
But you have said, you are an atheist-Christian, I believe?

OK so I can relate my understandings of moral philosophy with that of what is said to have come from Jesus even though I am not certain he was a real person. However we can see that there is moral philosophy incorporated into a book of stories, lies, immorality and legends that we call the bible.

Quote:
And you already, are past, looking for physical proof alone

I am not sure if I ever did look for it but rather it was obvious that there was none around me.

Quote:
And you already, are past, looking for physical proof alone, and are on the words of God...Which is harder to embrace...

Now this is where I have to agree with you when you say that Gods words are hard to embrace being I have never heard him nor seen him write any of them down and if you are insinuating that the bible is his word then I hope you can forgive me but you must be one sick puppy if you worship the God of the bible.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 04:41 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
First, there is a big difference between a sign and miracle...a sign is not of God, where as a miracle is...

Was it not a miracle that Johna was able to stay alive in the belly of a fish for three days if you believe this story to be true, or do you believe it was a sign that he was able to stay alive for three days or maybe you think it was both a miracle and a miraculous sign?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 04:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
No spendius I am not sure why you even ask such a question being I do not see where I have touched on that.

What is your objective in belittling the miracle stories then. What's your point in declaring them absurd? Harry Potter is absurd. And Star Trek.

What's your point?

Do you see any point in a sporting hero telling you what to eat for breakfast or what sort of sunglasses to wear?

You are completely out of your depth and you assume we all are. You talk like a precocious infant whose Mom wound it up to think itself a bit special.
spendius

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 04:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I am trying to prove that a more moral civilization will benefit from their moral understandings than what they would if they had none. or very little.

I think that caring and understanding A2Kers should all wish you the best of luck with such a project.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 05:07 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
What is your objective in belittling the miracle stories then.

I belittle the idea of teaching them to adults as if they are reality.

Quote:
What's your point in declaring them absurd? Harry Potter is absurd. And Star Trek.

What's your point?

There are many people like Ryan who may find harry potter interesting but they are able to distinguish it from reality but the miracle stories they are not.

Quote:
What's your point?

Do you see any point in a sporting hero telling you what to eat for breakfast or what sort of sunglasses to wear?

No not really, do you?

Quote:
You are completely out of your depth and you assume we all are. You talk like a precocious infant whose Mom wound it up to think itself a bit special.

No spendius I have not drank the Kool-Aid but my mother has and so has many others and I find this sad. It does not make me feel at all special.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 05:08 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I think that caring and understanding A2Kers should all wish you the best of luck with such a project.

I will take that as a complement.
Mockingclown

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 05:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

You can try to change the shape of earth to a square all you want, doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Mockingclown

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 05:48 pm
@Enzo,
Quote:
That said, it is safe to say that if a condition existed where everyone was at peace with themselves and others around them (universal peace), there is no need for morality.
No morality and absence of universal peace leads to a dog eat dog world scenario where the idea of survival of the fittest reigns supreme.
Morality and the absence of universal peace leads to a dog eat dog world attitude prevalent at the underbelly of the society, and likely abuse of power by those who are higher up in the social ladder, and these actions, of course, "morally justified."

As long as we are cursed to live in this wretched world, there will be no peace.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 06:09 pm
@Mockingclown,
Quote:
You can try to change the shape of earth to a square all you want, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

You are correct about that and you may be correct that a majority of people will never find a strong interest in moral philosophy.
The reason I say this is because from what I understand from psychologists is that 1 in 20 people are full blown sociopaths not that I am sure this number is correct but I see that as a much higher number than blind and deaf people, with that being said we have many more people who have vision and hearing problems than we do people who are completely deaf or completely blind and this makes me wonder how many more people have some issue being able to be empathic.
0 Replies

1Prince

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 07:21 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spade said; "No offense mate, but it also says, judge not, be not judged..."

You misunderstand scripture and the power of God.

The son of man has said , stop judging by appearances and judge justly. What I have done that is what you must do. No slave is greater than his master, no messenger outranks the one who sent him. Once you know all these things blessed will you be if you put them into practice. The man who wants to come to me will hear my words and put them to use.

I judge as I hear and my judgement is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of him who sent me.

Spade said;"And the Lord Jesus Christ says, For it is not profitable for you to call out other believers of Jesus, and judge them, and preach about being humble...If you, and we all miss the mark ourselves...For it is better for you to say nothing to believers, since he or she is already saved...Than to try to rebuke a believer of me, If you do not even follow the quotes you have quoted, to point out to me, how I need to be rebuked...yourself..."

No Jesus never said that,besides Jesus said those who have faith in him would do the works he did but you do the works of Paul as all christians follow him. So you as all christians are not believers. I do not miss the mark Jesus and I are One. I am son of man and son of God.

The Lord says this; "Walk in my presence and be blameless."

" I will place my LAW within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be their God, and they shall be my people. "

No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above.
No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit.

I belong to what is above. You belong to what is below.

I am the spirit of truth, the law and the new comforter . I came down from heaven to do Gods will. I' m going to gather the sheep and the goats.The sheep will have my Fathers blessing the goats will have the devils reward. Repent and come to me or suffer your reward.

Anyone who is not willing to follow after me is not worthy of me.

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 07:50 pm
@1Prince,
Quote:
So you as all christians are not believers.

I am a little confused here because Ryan is not like all Christians because he believes that he is a prophet. Now I personally think that requires extraordinary faith.
aspvenom

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 08:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
So is Spade like a priest or pastor?

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 08:07 pm
@aspvenom,
I am not sure but he says that he is a prophet from God.
aspvenom

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 08:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
Oh, that's cool. You don't see a prophet that often these days.