Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

1Prince

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:29 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spade said " Remember, he sent his only begotten Son to the Cross, to redeem us from Sin..."

The son of man came to give life to his sheep and said that his words are life. He also said to continue in his teaching also the word of the Lord . Again he said he sent those who accept his words into the world as he was sent. He did not die on the cross for anyone's sins. He gave a commision to take up his mission as he was sent. Obviously christians miss the mark. I do not. Follow me and have faith in God .

It is written "You've been told O man what is good and what the Lord requires of you, only to do what is right love goodness and walk humbly with your God."

"No one acts justly no one speaks truthfully, they refuse to recognize me", says the Lord.

I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

I am the bread of life anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood will live forever and I shall raise him up on the last day. Jesus and I are One with the Father. He sent me. Anyone who accepts me accepts the one who sent me. Whoever refuse to honor the son, refuses to honor the Lord who sent me.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:35 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
he is, who he is, and we are, who we are...

And he knows this...And so do we...

Quote:
Come on Ryan you know that this is not true. "WE" we do not know this, this is what you believe, I and many others do not.

Quote:
How can I know it is not true, if I do not even know what you know? Or what you believe?

You are claiming to know that all of us know this when you use the word "WE" The truth is that not all of us know this and many of us have told you this on many of occasions but yet you still claim that we all know this.
Not all of us believe in a God nor do we know that one exist because some of us require evidence to have an understanding about reality.

Quote:
Gods mind is incomprehensible...Therefor, No one could possibly, understand everything, that he knows...

This is another thing that you believe and many of us do not believe this because we do not believe in Gods.
Enzo

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well you have to be a clear when you're restating others idea. There is a great difference in the meaning conveyed between these two sentences.

Quote:
Yep I was correct you do think killing is good.

Quote:
I think that you find killing to be moral in some circumstances

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:44 pm
@Enzo,
Quote:
Well you have to be a clear when you're restating others idea. There is a great difference between these two sentences.

Quote:

Yep I was correct you do think killing is good.

Quote:

I think that you find killing to be moral in some circumstances

Is not moral= good and immoral= bad?
Enzo

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
The key difference is
Quote:
in some circumstances

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:51 pm
@Enzo,
Quote:
in some circumstances

See this is where I differ from you. Someone may think that they have no other choice but just because they think this and even though it may be true does not make it moral, it only means that they did what they thought they needed to do. I see our biggest problem to be that we rationalize most everything when we could be teaching understandings about morality.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:52 pm
@1Prince,
Sorry, I get your point...I did say that, a little wrong...

I do accept the Lord, and the one who sent him...

No offense mate, but it also says, judge not, be not judged...

"Obviously christians miss the mark. I do not. Follow me and have faith in God ."

And the Lord Jesus Christ says, For it is not profitable for you to call out other believers of Jesus, and judge them, and preach about being humble...If you, and we all miss the mark ourselves...For it is better for you to say nothing to believers, since he or she is already saved...Than to try to rebuke a believer of me, If you do not even follow the quotes you have quoted, to point out to me, how I need to be rebuked...yourself...

1 Corinthians 8:2

"The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know."

New Living Translation (©2007)

I made a mistake, because I posted, in haste...that's all...
Enzo

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yes I understand that that is where our differences lie.
My main factor as to where I differ from you is that I believe one must rationalize to create morality.
What happens if somebody uses reason, instead of morals, but still comes to the conclusion to do something that might have previously seen as immoral?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
he is, who he is, and we are, who we are...

And he knows this...And so do we...
The truth is that not all of us know this and many of us have told you this on many of occasions but yet you still claim that we all know this.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:59 pm
@Enzo,
Quote:
What happens if somebody uses reason, instead of morals, but still comes to the conclusion to do something that might have previously seen as immoral?

Can you give an example of your past where you ran into this situation?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Are you trying to confuse me? Smile
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:10 pm
@1Prince,
Quote:
The son of man came to give life to his sheep and said that his words are life. He also said to continue in his teaching also the word of the Lord

What were these teachings? Could they have been moral philosophy? It does seem that his teachings helped me to see right from wrong when I was blind to them it also seems that his words enabled me to hear wisdom that I was not able hear before and I am now able to walk in places where I use to stumble as if I were crippled.

I can see where his teachings can be taught but it seems that most people have a greater interest in the fish stories than they have in the moral philosophy that he taught.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:14 pm
@reasoning logic,
See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:37 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I can see where his teachings can be taught but it seems that most people have a greater interest in the fish stories than they have in the moral philosophy that he taught.

This is because the Miracles are made for doubters...And the words are made for believers...

So I am conflicted...again...Cause it either sounds like, you associate with the miracles...Because you truly do doubt him...But you understand the goodness of the words, and not just actions...

Or you follow the words, and not actions...Because you may believe?

I am sorry to keep harping about this...But the more I talk to you about these things...It does not honestly sound like you honestly believe that God is not real...Or do not believe that God is real...But I could be wrong indeed...And you know yourself better than I do...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:47 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
This is because the Miracles are made for doubters...And the words are made for believers...

Don't you think you might have that backwards? Miracles are for believers because it requires blind faith without evidence.

Now for the words they have been logically strung together to form a coherent moral philosophy for those who wish to study but for those who wish not to study will believe that Jesus was in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights just as Johna was in the belly of a big fish story. A wicked and adulteress generation will seek after signs but the only sign that they will receive is that of Johna a big fish story.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:53 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Gawd, you come back and there's like 30 posts to read first, whilst I be sleeping.

LATER.

Smile

Hi Ryan.. Good to have you back .
spendius

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
Do you mean, rl, that if there were no miracle stories there would be no moral philosophy or a different one to that generally accepted in the western world?

What is it you are trying to prove?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I am sorry to keep harping about this...But the more I talk to you about these things...It does not honestly sound like you honestly believe that God is not real...Or do not believe that God is real...But I could be wrong indeed...And you know yourself better than I do...

The God of the bible seems no more real to me than the Easter bunny but one can find both moral and immoral teachings in it and I prefer to worship the moral teachings if you want to call it worshiping I call it studying.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
First, there is a big difference between a sign and miracle...a sign is not of God, where as a miracle is...

No, it is not backwards...

Saints are for doubters, and Prophets are for believers...

It says in the Bible...

And it also says,

John 10:38

New International Version (©1984)
But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

And this points to the fact...That people who are not so spirituality strong...God is saying...even if you must religh on God providing physical proof for you...It is still better because it will mean you will be saved by witnessing that miracle...

Where as people who are stronger, have no need for a miracle...And actually trust the words of a prophet...Cause they can recognize what is from God, without the physical proof...in being prudent...

That is not to say that what a Prophet can do is not miraculous...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 03:02 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

Do you mean, rl, that if there were no miracle stories

I have no problem with miracle stories until people teach them to be reality.