Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 06:35 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
If you agree with anything I said do you think that this might also imply to Eminem and Tech N9ne as well?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 04:24 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
No Spendi, he's taking the piss like Lieutenant Pigeon were taking the piss.

Nah-- ladies "classy by day" and "crazy at night"? He's taking the piss out of them surely. He can't really mean that literally.
spendius

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 04:32 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
with all the **** going on around the world, it's pretty obvious there's no god, because if there was one he'd have thrown a huge space rock at the planet and ended us by now

That's a non sequitur goodstyle. In the mythology the Pagan gods met to decide whether to exterminate the human race. Most voted to do so until one of them asked who would worship them if it was done.

And anyway--God might find our antics great entertainment. We do. We even fake stuff to exaggerate the **** and we flock to see it.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 04:40 am
@Atom Blitzer,
Quote:
The south korean education system is very high up there.

Yeah? And at what cost.......Like you would have done this shirts.

Have you not heard of the saying "kids should be kids? "

Quote:
The School Calendar and School Days
The school calendar has two semesters, the first extending from March through July and the second from September through February. There are summer and winter breaks, but 10 optional half days at the beginning and end of each break¾which are attended by practically all students¾reduce each of these biennial vacations to the remaining 10 days.

A typical day finds high schoolers studying before school begins at about 8:00 A.M. Classes run for 50 minutes each, with a morning break and a 50-minute lunch period. The afternoon session resumes at about 1:00 P.M., and classes continue until about 4:00 or 4:30, followed by the cleaning of the classroom. Students may then take a short dinner break at home, or they may eat at school. Teachers typically move from room to room, while students stay in one place.

Students return to the school library to study or attend private schools or tutoring sessions
Quote:
until between 10:00 P.M. and midnight.
They return home where they may have a snack, listen to music, or watch television before going to bed. Elementary and middle school students have similar but somewhat less rigorous days with shorter hours and more recreational activities.

Lucky the get 8 hrs sleep, nothing else, no time for friends, family, laughter, lets try to rule the World and make these kids go from 8am till 12pm.

Your arguement on this is stupid.
spendius

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 04:44 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Spendi, I didn't miss that it was answered perfectly, 'The Pope'.

It would be a pleasure and a privilege if you would explain what you mean but it's okay if you don't feel like doing.

I was only saying what I would in the pub if a mature lady told me she had tried her hand at the stripping game. I would of course assure her that my having seen the bottle trick and the no-hands coin pick-up performed a few times rendered me unshockable and that any reticence or coyness on her part are mere adjuncts of her sense of guilt and shame.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 05:14 am
@spendius,
So you have been to Singapore?

Smile

At 25, we were told of a "show", off course they made it out to be a theatre show, un-beknown to us, my fiance and myself, "ex".... The guys in the "theatre" talk about red carpet offered me, yes, me a tissue.. I did not know whether to laugh or be shell shocked.

At 49 I choose to laugh.

I wonder if those girls "had" to learn those tricks to make money, I would guess , yes.
spendius

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 05:24 am
@FOUND SOUL,
If they did have to learn the tricks, and there are a few others, I don't suppose the instructions were all that technical.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 05:30 am
@spendius,
But the result, is not the norm.. It would have taken alot of work to pull that off..

(So to speak)

I find it a shame that this may have been a necessity for them to earn a living.

Learn thy tricks.

I also find it a shame that alot of women whom have nothing, crave for a better life, will do anything to a degree to have one.

We, are the lucky ones.

Those whom can just be themselves. And somehow survive without all of that ...
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 05:33 am
@spendius,
I was telling you what SK meant by 'taking the piss.'

Why can't his phrase be taken literally? You must have met a few posh girls in your time.
spendius

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 06:23 am
@FOUND SOUL,
What's that FS?? A letter to the Ladies Home Journal?
spendius

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 06:27 am
@izzythepush,
I have met a few posh girls in my time. Hopeless.
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 07:24 am
@FOUND SOUL,
At what cost?
What about discipline and focus.

Have you attended class there to know how bad it is?
Maybe the kids, teachers, and parents just take education seriously.

From the same place that you got the info, look at the social effects.

Quote:
Education has contributed to the growth of Korea's democratic government. It has produced hardworking, skilled employees who have brought about an economic miracle within a single generation. It has reaffirmed traditional values while maintaining its commitment to modernization, citizenship, and global involvement. The ambitious and comprehensive reform plans developed in 1995 by the Ministry of Education still appear to enjoy widespread public and professional support. A broad spectrum of the society recognizes the need for lifelong learning as a precept for social and economic improvement.

I don't know about how Korea kids feel about it.
I had long hours of school when I attended middle school in Spain. Class started at 7:45 ended at 5:15 (with given study intervals to finish homework) and extracurricular activity afterwards, so you get home around 7 or 8. It was fine, got plenty of time to spend time with friends in school.
spendius

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 08:24 am
@Atom Blitzer,
FS lives in a world, AB, where all that, and more, having been done in the distant past she is enabled to reap the benefits and has quite forgotten how they were delivered up to her. Indulging in pretty sentimentalities being one of the indulgencies as is eating everything up. The budget for example.

It's the story of our times. The powers that be are wrangling endlessly to keep it going. I hope they succeed which I am pretty confident they will.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 03:29 pm
@spendius,
Maybe I should write a book, ya never know......Spendi.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 03:45 pm
@spendius,
Are you guessing there Spendius?

I am well aware of the sacrifices my Grandfather made by going to the war, how he felt when he returned and how he walked onto a main road dazzed and was struck and killed.

I remember the stories my dear Grandmother told me and how she raised 5 children working 2 jobs on her own.

And my own Mother who for-went meat, so we could eat.

But, yes, without a doubt I live in a pretty easy World and appreciate and acknowledge how lucky I am.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 03:48 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
I imagine Atom, that the teachers, kids, parents do take it seriously, they are supposed to be "someone", a Doctor, support not only themselves, their family but their parents.

So at what cost? 745am to midnight. Never, having a "child's life".. Always, knowing they have no choice but to then continue, study, become someone or else they are looked down on for the rest of their lives.

What a burdon never being able to be themselves and persue a life of their choice.

At least you finished at 8pm the latest. You had a life.

0 Replies

xxxx

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 03:48 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
I'm not sure how you guys got to the topic of talking about the south Korean system of education. I haven't first handed experienced the Korean education system. But I have many friends who are from South Korea and were transfer students in the U.S. for a year or two. They told me many stories about school. They have long hours of school, and not only that afterwards their parents make them take extra classes. Afterwards they would have to attend tutoring. But all the effort is just wasted if the kids do not want to study. Also a lot of them were not able to spend time with friends, once they even got home they would have to do homework and if not parents would make them study. Many students from South Korea were sent to my school.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 04:59 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
But, yes, without a doubt I live in a pretty easy World and appreciate and acknowledge how lucky I am.

I just wanted to remind you so you don't get any fancy ideas about those who started a bit later under trying circumstances.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 04:08 pm
@spendius,
Thanks Dad!

Nice to know you are there for me, guiding me, ensuring I don't forget what is important in life Wink
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 04:26 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
How have you been? I hope things are going good for you. I think Ryan has been with us as well but he is laying low and observing. At least this is what I hope. I hope he is doing well.

I thought that you might find an interest in a couple of threads that I and others that you know have been engaging in.

http://able2know.org/topic/17906-1

http://able2know.org/topic/197944-1