Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

spendius

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
I believe in conditioning on the grounds that unconditioned persons are quite impossible to deal with.
spendius

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:26 pm
@spendius,
I'm off to the charp pit now although my tittering might keep me awake for a time.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:27 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I believe in conditioning on the grounds that unconditioned persons are quite impossible to deal with.

What if I thought that it was right for me to condition you from youth to be homosexual?

Maybe that would be a bad thought? Wink

Maybe a better thought would be to wonder how one second could change your life.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 10:15 pm
@spendius,
Oh pftttt, I am a creator, creative, artistic, intelligent etc, etc, etc, however, pfttt I use the wrong words cause I really hated English and History at school sue me Smile
izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 02:18 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I'm really interested in what you think of Art. What point do you think Warhol is trying to make here?

If you think that is art then so be it but it seems more like drama to me. Do you see how easy that was? I watched a couple of minutes of it and it did not seem too interesting to me so I just moved on.

You can't just watch a couple of minutes of an Andy Warhol Art video. You have to watch all of it, and concentrate. Some people don't want to know why Art is so important, Gradgrinds if you like. Are you a Gradgrind? Why do you hate Art?

Why do you think Warhol is such a seminal figure in the 20th Century New York Art scene.
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 04:29 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
What if I thought that it was right for me to condition you from youth to be homosexual?

What am I supposed to say about what you think is right?

It would be an easier task for you to condition me to sleep on a bed of nails or to not like nectar. You would need to eradicate my curiosity to condition me to be homosexual.

Would I be able to get it on for Elton John? Why not condition me to be able to plat sawdust. You know- practice on something simple first.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 04:58 am
@FOUND SOUL,
People who are creative FS don't use emoticons. They are shorthand creativity borrowed from others. A bit like "brainwashed" used as a claim to personal exceptionalism.

Hating English and History seems to me like a bit of a cross to carry through life.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:00 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why do you hate Art?

Atheists have no choice izzy.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:38 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I am a creator, creative, artistic, intelligent etc, etc, etc,

Let's see you on the Acronym game then. Strut your stuff.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:58 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why do you think Warhol is such a seminal figure in the 20th Century New York Art scene.

Holy Terror: Andy Warhol Close Up by Bob Colacello is a book to read.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 04:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

You can't just watch a couple of minutes of an Andy Warhol Art video.

That is not completely true because that is what I did. I found it rather boring and moved on. What is wrong with that?

If you have something that you think I may have an interest in, "share it with me and I will give it my attention but if I do not find it interesting don't you think that it may be something that you have to live with?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
Don't you think that as an atheist, Art is the only medium in which you can engage with the futility of existance. if you refuse to understand or engage with Art you're only living half a life.

Are you one of those people that only wants to lead half a life?
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:17 pm
@izzythepush,
It sounds an improvement on a full one izzy.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Are you one of those people that only wants to lead half a life?

I am willing to take what ever hand life has dealt me but I would rather do things like engage in logical discussions based on science and or reason and if I cant get neither of them, I then prefer to take a nice quiet drive through Ireland or almost anywhere else so that I can question other things at hand.

Krumple

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:28 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
I am willing to take what ever hand life has dealt me but I would rather do things like engage in logical discussions based on science and or reason and if I cant get neither of them, I then prefer to take a nice quiet drive through Ireland or almost anywhere else so that I can question other things at hand.

Logic, it's okay, you don't need to cover up any more. All the christians and theists know that atheists sit around our alters with naked prostitutes and drinking ourselves into a disobedient stupor before we cut the throats of a few goats and pour the blood over everyone's body. Then we dance around and sing chants to praise our gods and deities like dawkins and hitchens. Then to top it all off we take turns reading aloud from books on science. Then praise the all mighty darwin.

I left out the part about eating babies because we don't do that any more for sanitary reasons.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 03:44 am
@Krumple,
You don't do any of that, you sit around taking yourself way too seriously.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 03:46 am
@reasoning logic,
You've never been to Ireland. You won't unleash your full potential while you insist on living under a rock and ignoring knowledge.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 03:46 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You don't do any of that, you sit around taking yourself way too seriously.

No izzy I know you like to tell yourself that but really I spend my time trying to determine which has more intelligence. You or a rock. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but every time I think you got the rock beat, the rock does something you can't. Say something intelligent.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 03:57 am
@Krumple,
Saying something that is both intelligent, but at the same time simplistic enough to be comprehended by you, is one paradox too far.
Krumple

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 05:00 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Saying something that is both intelligent, but at the same time simplistic enough to be comprehended by you, is one paradox too far.

Explain for to me this paradox? Oh wait, I get it now, the paradox that you would need to have intelligence to start with before you could say it or make it simplistic enough. Yeah you having intelligence is a paradox.