Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 05:36 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I just go with what I feel, not what a book tells me. I think Spades, if you are reading this, and that, and the other, your mind is totally going to go into confusion of what may be and what may not be.

A lot of what I say, about God, From what I feel...And hear...And experience...does not concur, with what the Bible says...

There are many things, that I see, feel, and experience, that do concur, with what the Bible says...

All I ever do, is tell exactly, how I feel, and what God, is revealing, to me...To others...

But I do not think, scripture confuses you...I think, if you believe a God exists...It is not a bad Idea, to read as many of religious scriptures, as you can, to see if, any of them, support the God, you see...If they do, you can support that religion....and Help other people, who embrace it, better understand...The things you see...And reading many scriptures...Only enhances your perspectives, of many different outlooks, on "God"...And it should not pervert your mind, anyways...If something does not seem, to fit, how you see God...You will not believe it, or embrace it, anyways...But you have learned something new...And it may even get you to realize, with your own special gift, from God...That certain things, you did not know, are actually true....And it may open a door, to something you never knew....

I think, you have a gift...And I think you have, a lot of faith, in God...

But there is always more to learn...

And I do not believe, that anyone, even with a gift...Should reject the idea, of seeking for help...Or looking for more answers...Upon their own...Or from another...As I do not believe, that anyone, even people with Gifts, are actually doing anything by themselves, but it is God, doing it...

And no one knows it all...Whether a Gift, or not...So they can only open doors, and not close them...

Even if you believe, the scriptures, have been corrupted...That does not mean, there is no truth, in any of them...

Reading them, can only enlighten you more...with what you feel...as if you think it is bullshit...You will not believe it, anyways...And if you read them, and learn one thing, from God, that you believe is true, that you never knew before...Because it is revealed, as you read it...and thought about it...Then it makes it worth it, too me....

So it can only help, and not hurt...

What I said, was not because, I did not think about it...

It was because I never had probably, asked God about it, for him to fully explain it, too me....

And even if it was, because I did not think about it...It is not because of a religious scripture, that confused me...About it...

But it was the fact, I did not take the time, to actually think about it, myself, fully, with my own, special gift...

Which requires no scriptural understandings, to understand....

So it was not the cause, or effect...

So they would not affect me, one way, or another...But I bet if I read scripture, on it....Instead of you asking me...I would have found this, on my own....Or from another, who has read scriptures...

No offense to what you had asked me...and I had questioned...From it...

But this is me, just being honest, and humble, about it...

As even people with Gifts...Learn from people, without...

Which I am sure, you agree with?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 05:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
This is all about Krumpelle's monstrous ego, when she was a godbotherer she thought we all should be, now she's an atheist she still thinks she should tell us what to do.

Was she actually a believer at one time? Maybe she will comment.

Quote:
Both the Gospels according to Timothy and Mary Magdalene (incomplete) claim to be written by contempories of Jesus.

I do not doubt this as it seems as it may be reasonable.

If it is true, 'that is was written within a hundred years of Paul I do think that it should be considered.

Quote:
problem is, most of her revelations are the sort of thing most smart fifteen year olds already know.

This makes me feel a little stupid because I truly do not know.

Quote:
It's alright being waspish and nasty when you can do it with savage malevolence, not playground taunts. It's just irksome.

I agree if you are saying she is being nasty because in my opinion "she is" coming across as such but I also have to say that there seems to be many people attacking her which would provoke such a response from a person. Please keep in mind that I am no expert on any of this but I do study human behavior in hopes of finding out a better way forward.

I know this may seem crazy to you but I think that if we could all back off of our emotions and give her a little credibility about what she is saying that we might all learn something.

Just as a pit bull has never thought out attacking it's victim maybe Krumple has no ill intention either. I am not trying to put anyone down here but rather asking if we could all leave out our emotions when we discuss these issues.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 06:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

She already said, she was...Though I find it hard to believe, myself...

Quote:
I agree if you are saying she is being nasty because in my opinion "she is" coming across as such but I also have to say that there seems to be many people attacking her which would provoke such a response from a person. Please keep in mind that I am no expert on any of this but I do study human behavior in hopes of finding out a better way forward.

I know this may seem crazy to you but I think that if we could all back off of our emotions and give her a little credibility about what she is saying that we might all learn something.

Just as a pit bull has never thought out attacking it's victim maybe Krumple has no ill intention either. I am not trying to put anyone down here but rather asking if we could all leave out our emotions when we discuss these issues.

I find this amazing you say this...As soon, as it seems her image, is trying to be tarnished....No offense Logic, but you do seem gullible, at times...As in, easy to be persuaded, or afraid to think, for yourself...Or something...

You have called me, one smart dude, and said that when it comes to religion, all bets are off...Once Krumple said she thinks I am sick...Or psychotic...You jumped at that...And made some posts, about how I am "doing well, in my circumstances" You said she is an intellectual, because you liked what she had, to say....Now that others, are exposing a different side, to her...You seem to be saying, you agree, she is not, what you fully thought, she was...But you are trying to test the waters, about it, and give her some slack...Which is fine with me...But why do you not, just actually, do the thinking yourself? and come to your own conclusions? Rather than waiting for other people, to alter your perspective, about her? One way, or another? Or any one else, for that matter?

Why is it important what she thinks? It is important what you think...

And I find it amazing, that you had not, fully said this...Or realized any of this, as I was saying it, for pages...Because you swallowed down her version, of me being ill, or psychotic, or something...

But now you see, it is not just me...And many other intelligent people...Which says that what she says, about me, is bullshit, once again...

And I am not sick, or psychotic...Or I would not be able to understand, any of this...

And what they say, would not be similar to me...

And what they say, would have no effect on you...Or your opinions, of her...

But mine did? Why?

Either, we are all wrong...Which can not be right...As you do not even believe this yourself...Or either, I have revealed, even more, than they have...But you rejected it, because she either, got you to not think, for yourself, and you accepted what she was saying...And were not aware...

Like I said, she was...Even though she said, I was....

Or you rejected what I was saying...Because of Bias...Or the fact, I am religious...

I hope you understand what I am saying...Cause I do not mean it, offensively...
izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 06:26 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Earlier on K mentioned that she was just like Spade, in that she once was 'religious'. She's fooling herself, she's still religious and opinionated

"RL" wrote:
I agree if you are saying she is being nasty because in my opinion "she is" coming across as such but I also have to say that there seems to be many people attacking her which would provoke such a response from a person. I know this may seem crazy to you but I think that if we could all back off of our emotions and give her a little credibility about what she is saying that we might all learn something.

I don't mind it when people are nasty with aplomb. Spendi can be a total git with style. K is a bit thick, I'm not being emotional, she's just a bit thick, and very opinionated, which is an awful mix, poor cow.

Actually she reminds me a bit of Hawkeye, stick the two of them in a room together and you've got 2/3 of In Camera.

If you've any thoughts on the missing third, answers on a postcard to the usual address.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 06:29 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Either, we are all wrong...Which can not be right.

Why cant we all be wrong? Is there no possibility that we all have it a little bit wrong?

Quote:
I find this amazing you say this...As soon, as it seems her image, is trying to be tarnished....No offense Logic, but you do seem gullible, at times...As in, easy to be persuaded, or afraid to think, for yourself...Or something...

I am not afraid of being wrong if this is what you are implying.

Quote:

You have called me, one smart dude

I do not find any reason to stop thinking this about you but I guess you know without a doubt that I should stop thinking this about her because you two disagree on some issues?

Quote:
Why is it important what she thinks? It is important what you think...

Would it be Christian "like" of me to not also consider her thoughts?

Quote:

I hope you understand what I am saying...Cause I do not mean it, offensively...

I think I understand this. Wink
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 06:35 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

Quote:
As even people with Gifts...Learn from people, without...

Which I am sure, you agree with?
Absolutely, I read this thread don't I? Smile

But, Spades, I don't see it as a gift either, persay, rather I have an open mind, I will question always for answers and if the answers end up being perhaps there is sprituality, not confused with religion, then that becomes my answer.. How I then use that is completely up to me, if it somehow assists or helps someone for instance..

I understand, in one way reading up on everything clarifies what you are thinking, in another way, it can confuse it which is what I was trying to state however, we belong to ourselves, so we should always do what we feel is right.

I personally do not feel I need more answers Spades. For me it is pretty simple. I believe in the Universe, in lessons learnt as I go along this journey in this life, in afterlife, in spirituality and consequently, that's all I need.. I am not seeking for validation, answers or learning more about God, it's corrupted..
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 06:44 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
That sounded a little contradictory lols.

I mean't that, I listen to what people say, (now) 2012. If I feel there is something I can take from that I will.

I am not interested in reading past...

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 06:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Actually she reminds me a bit of Hawkeye, stick the two of them in a room together and you've got 2/3 of In Camera.

You should know me by now,"that I enjoy studying everyone's view point. Here is a person I have been studying lately and even though you may disagree with him I find him to be very weird but informative when it comes to economics.

Krumple

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 06:50 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
After reading the last few exchanges from spade I actually have a tad bit more respect for him.

I do think it is interesting when the dead sea scrolls get mentioned as an aspect to justify the mentioning of jesus when the dead sea scrolls don't even contain the N.T at all. They are are a bit O.T and the hebrew bible. No mention at all of jesus in the dead sea scrolls.

As for the gnostics, they are not actually written by the apostles by which the names of the books derive. Both the dead sea scrolls and the gnostics were written around 50ce, some think it could have been as late as 70ce but just for argument ill say 50ce. This is also around the time when Paul started writing. Not to mention that the gnostics were not written at the same time.

Paul or Peter is the only time that Jesus get's mentioned. No where in the O.T is jesus named or given a face. There is a lot of assuming though that happens among christians claiming that jesus is the messiah. But this can be debated and often there is no supporting evidence that what the christians claim jesus to be is that of what the jews considered to be the messiah that is mentioned. Controversial still and in my opinion i don't think what the christians prescribe jesus to be is that of what the jews were talking about.

The thing is the further you actually study paul's writings you will see that he doesn't actually support what modern christians claim jesus to be, yet paul is one of the most often quoted when christians talk about jesus. Funny how they either completely ignore these traits or they are just not aware of them.

Paul himself could have been an invention as well. I did say at one time that I theorized jesus being a 10th century invention. There is no reason to think that paul wouldn't have been invented to help give more validity to in a way make it seem more plausible that a person not directly involved would get involved in it's propagation.

The other thing I find interesting about early christian methology is how involved Constantine got with the religion especially since he was roman. Some christians shy away when mentioning him because he is both a credit and a discredit to chrisitanity. He believe that yahweh was a god of war and he drew the cross according to what he saw in a vision which is not the cross that modern christians consider the cross to be. His version was a circle with an X in the middle. Many scholars didn't know why he thought this was a cross until they did more research into roman history.

As it turns out romans didn't put people onto crosses like depicted in christian mythology. They actually used an X design an no where in any literature that survives dealing with roman culture does it reveal that they used the design christians attribute to the cross.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 06:55 pm
@Krumple,
Wikipedia's ******* great isn't it?
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:04 pm
@izzythepush,
oh look how cute you are, trying to flex that little spine of yours. I think it's funny you think i get information from wikipedia. Or is this your go to statement any time you don't like what someone writes? Keep trying there, you just might make it some day.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Why cant we all be wrong? Is there no possibility that we all have it a little bit wrong?

We can all be wrong...If we all agree, on the same thing...But can we all be wrong, in whether, Krumple is up to no good? Or you, and her thinking she is not? No we can not, both be right...

Quote:
I am not afraid of being wrong if this is what you are implying.

I am not saying you are afraid, of being wrong...I am saying, at times, you seem to be afraid, of thinking, for yourself, to see if you are right, or wrong, when I think, you are smart enough, to do it...But rather, you want other people to perform this, for you...And I think, you may not have even realized this, till I said it...

Quote:
I do not find any reason to stop thinking this about you but I guess you know without a doubt that I should stop thinking this about her because you two disagree on some issues?

No, see, that is where the manipulation, comes in...I would never say such a thing...It is not actually about whether, I am right, or she is right, or I am wrong, or she is wrong...It is all about what you think, about it...And about us...If one of the 2 of us, are getting you, to not be able, to do this reasoning, and logic for yourself...Which I think she is...Then one of us, is not trustworthy...And the fact, I have said this...And you think I am smart, says, you should have thought about it, and made up your own mind about it...Which I think you would have...But you sat back, and enabled her, to do the thinking, for you, something I will never do...And the fact, of how, you know this is true, is because as soon as others, made you alter your image, about her...Is when you seen, what I was saying, is, or could be, true...And they may be right as well...It is the same exact thing, she did to you, about me...

This is not saying, they are manipulating you...But it is saying, you are not thinking, for yourself...And it seemed to have started, as soon, as she said that post, about me, that you accepted, with out reasoning, and logically thinking about it...For yourself...

Either because, it hit a core value in you, that you may have thought...Or because you did not want to hear me, Because I believe different things, than you do...In any event, when that happened, is when you stopped doing the reasoning, and Logic...and started letting other peoples opinions, influence your own...Something, I warned was coming...

If you must, be a full skeptic of us all, and be yourself, and let your own mind decide, who you think, is up to no good, and up to good...DO IT!!! Don't let anyone else's opinions alter, or influence your own mind...

Quote:
Would it be Christian "like" of me to not also consider her thoughts?

It would be Christian of you, to consider her thoughts...But it is also Christian of you, to consider everyone else's, as well...Even if they say they think, she is up to, no good...Which you did! And if you persoanlly put up a shield, then you know, you are trying to refuse your own thinking, that she might be up to no good...And it is Christian of you, to respect my opinions as well...Even if that means, I think she is up to no good...and she says I am, and The Christian in you, reasoned it is somewhat true...You are fully capable of deciding who is trustworthy, and who is not...And if someone is getting you, to alter that thinking, they must be up to no good...Or you must have been believing something, that is not even there....As true...Because they are saying it, and not because you "think" or "believe" it!

Quote:
I think I understand this.

Then I think you will like this, even more....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:08 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I personally do not feel I need more answers Spades. For me it is pretty simple. I believe in the Universe, in lessons learnt as I go along this journey in this life, in afterlife, in spirituality and consequently, that's all I need.. I am not seeking for validation, answers or learning more about God, it's corrupted..

I am glad you are content with this viewpoint...For me, it is about knowing as much as I can about God...And it is not about greed or anything...But trying to be as spiritual as I can possibly be...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:09 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
After reading the last few exchanges from spade I actually have a tad bit more respect for him.

Thank you for saying this.

I find myself partially responsible when I was 25 years old for telling my own mother that she should listen to what I thought was a very intelligent pastor. I am not sure if he meant any harm but my mother is now a firm believer.
I love her and know she means no harm but I think she was very vulnerable because she was going threw a divorce at the time. It seems that when we have problems in our lives that we can start believing in some things that are not exactly true.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
Krumple wrote:

2 Cents !!
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I wish I could say the same about Ryan because it seems as though in the last few post he was not being completely intellectually honest with himself. 2 Cents

I could be wrong about this though. Wink
Krumple

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I find myself partially responsible when I was 25 years old for telling my own mother that she should listen to what I thought was a very intelligent pastor. I am not sure if he meant any harm but my mother is now a firm believer.
I love her and know she means no harm but I think she was very vulnerable because she was going threw a divorce at the time. It seems that when we have problems in our lives that we can start believing in some things that are not exactly true.

I see this as both a good and a bad thing. It may have given her some comfort or support when she wasn't having the best time but at the same time I can't help but think she was also being taken advantage of emotionally. What better time to snag another donator than when they are not balanced?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:25 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
What better time to snag another donator than when they are not balanced?

I am sure that she helped to build the new church that they have since built even though she left that church. She went into debt to help build a bigger church there even though she left out of disagreement.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

I love her and know she means no harm but I think she was very venerable because she was going threw a divorce at the time. It seems that when we have problems in our lives that we can start believing in some things that are not exactly true.

You are doing it again, and are not even aware, of it...What is she saying, that I have never said? Nothing...You are letting someone else, do the thinking, for you...

Because you want to believe something, you know, or believe, or think, is not...

If you agree with me, then do it...If you disagree with me, then do it...Say what you feel...And be yourself...You have agreed with her, about me being sick, or psychotic...When I said, I was not...And was truthful...Now she is saying, she likes some of what I have to say, and rather than saying, You were being truthful Spades, all along...Or she could have been wrong...To me, or her...You are agreeing with her, just to do it...When I have remained fixed all along...And never tried to do anything like that, to you....Or her...You almost never agree with me, but we talk all the time...But as soon as she said something positive about me...You found value in it...When you did not, when I said it always?? Why?? Think about it...For yourself...

She is the one, who is, altering her positions, so she is willing, or unwillingly, admitting she was wrong...

You should be able to see, what she is doing...

You can only be wrong, if you were not right...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
You are doing it again, and are not even aware, of it...What is she saying, that I have never said? Nothing...You are letting someone else, do the thinking, for you...

Because you want to believe something, you know, or believe, or think, is not...

If you agree with me, then do it...If you disagree with me, then do it...Say what you feel

Is this quote not clear enough for you?

Quote:
I wish I could say the same about Ryan because it seems as though in the last few post he was not being completely intellectually honest with himself.

Quote:

Krumple seems to be taking a more empathic approach toward you and what did you do? Do you think you responded emphatically?