Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Krumple

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 09:43 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
I can see your point but only to a degree. I think that there is a grey spectrum so to speak where we have intellectually challenged people at one end "mentally retarded people" and intellectually advanced at the other, "Geniuses to a degree." We are not all able to have the same perception.

Well I guess I see it a little differently. To me a person is a moron when they purposely ignore data. They willfully want to remain ignorant. They don't want to hear another side of the story. I get accused of this occasionally but actually I want to hear others perspectives because when it comes to religions I don't get how a perfectly intelligent person could arrive at a god or gods existing. Not to mention all the after life, ghosts, mind reading, telepathy, dream reading, astrology and predicting events.

But if a person just doesn't have the mental capacity to understand any differently then I wouldn't bother discussing the concept with them unless they actually felt the need to discuss it with me.

I don't tip toe around anyone's beliefs and I think we shouldn't have to. If these beliefs are really honestly true, then they should stand up to scrutiny and not berate people who call bullshit. If you don't have anything to back up your beliefs with then they should not be pushed as facts or realities.

I think there are two types of believers, ones who simply are not aware of truths and another who wishes to willfully remain ignorant of truths.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:14 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:

I don't tip toe around anyone's beliefs and I think we shouldn't have to. If these beliefs are really honestly true, then they should stand up to scrutiny and not berate people who call bullshit. If you don't have anything to back up your beliefs with then they should not be pushed as facts or realities.

Pretty ironic, considering the absolute and total bullshit you were pushing in the political thread earlier today. Or did you have something to back up your beliefs?

Cycloptichorn
Krumple

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:16 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Pretty ironic, considering the absolute and total bullshit you were pushing in the political thread earlier today. Or did you have something to back up your beliefs?

Cycloptichorn

I did but it was a waste of time discussing it with you because you are purely dismissive of anything being presented. So I didn't bother.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:20 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I did but it was a waste of time discussing it with you because you are purely dismissive of anything being presented. So I didn't bother.

Oh, mm hmm. So, you had a good explanation for why an independent was on the ballot in all 50 states just a few years ago, when you specifically claimed that there were states that barred you from even voting for an independent? Let's hear it, then. I'm not the only one you're talking to here; when you sling a statement out and can't back it up, it makes you look like a fool in front of the whole board.

I don't think you did. Instead, I think you're full of **** and too cowardly to come back in thread and admit it. You ought to take a hard look in the mirror, pal.

Cycloptichorn
Krumple

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Krumple wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Oh, mm hmm. So, you had a good explanation for why an independent was on the ballot in all 50 states just a few years ago, when you specifically claimed that there were states that barred you from even voting for an independent? Let's hear it, then. I'm not the only one you're talking to here; when you sling a statement out and can't back it up, it makes you look like a fool in front of the whole board.

I don't think you did. Instead, I think you're full of **** and too cowardly to come back in thread and admit it. You ought to take a hard look in the mirror, pal.

Cycloptichorn

To a person who thinks the president can't accomplish goals because his hands are tied is pure absurdity. After reading this response from you I realized that you are incapable of understanding anything. You fall for this political nonsense that a president can't accomplish goals because their hands are tied. No it's because they don't actually want to do that they tell the American people they plan to do. So I didn't bother indulging you.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 10:30 pm
@Krumple,
The President doesn't pass laws - Congress passes laws. The President signs them. If Congress can't or doesn't pass the laws, the Prez can't sign them. Simple as that. But, seeing as you don't seem to understand how any of our political system works, why should you be expected to understand that either?

I specifically challenge you to back up your bullshit and produce the states that, according to you, bar citizens from voting for a third party; or bar them from voting if they are an independent. Or, you could man up and just admit that you were wrong.

Cycloptichorn
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 11:24 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
I don't get how a perfectly intelligent person could arrive at a god or gods existing. Not to mention all the after life, ghosts, mind reading, telepathy, dream reading, astrology and predicting events.

Easy, because they have experienced things that they as intelligent people have queried, tried to find answer, solutions and on occasions have, but on other occasions haven't instead, have varified exactly what they experienced by experts as being realistic, logical and probable.

Quote:
If these beliefs are really honestly true, then they should stand up to scrutiny and not berate people who call bullshit. If you don't have anything to back up your beliefs with then they should not be pushed as facts or realities.

And when they stand up to you Krumple, after you call bullshit and you ignore when the back up is there, I mean off course it's "that persons word" without friggen getting stat decs.. Then what...

Seems you are the one who refuses to listen.

Closed minded.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 11:27 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I realized that you are incapable of understanding anything

Strange.. Seems we all are no matter what thread she is on? Maybe Krumple should look further at the words closed minded, open minded which equal discussions instead of bullshit.

Life is about learning. You can't close the door.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:49 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Someone, (not anyone on this thread) said this in a pm I received.

Quote:
Krumple is rather thick and quite concrete in her thinking.

I think that sums her up quite well. Half of wnat she says is total nonsense. She's obviously never heard of The Dead Sea Scrolls or Gnostic Gospels, or if she has chooses to ignore them. Otherwise she wouldn't spout such nonsense about nothing being written about Jesus until Paul.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 02:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
She's obviously never heard of The Dead Sea Scrolls or Gnostic Gospels, or if she has chooses to ignore them. Otherwise she wouldn't spout such nonsense about nothing being written about Jesus until Paul.

I am not saying you are wrong about The Dead Sea Scrolls or Gnostic Gospels mentioning Jesus before Paul but I was not able to find anything that dates back before Paul but it may because I was too lazy to keep looking.

I do realize that there are scriptures that talk about a Messiah but nothing like the details in the new testament.

Would you be kind enough to share what you know?
Krumple

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 03:57 pm
@reasoning logic,

dizzythedumbass wrote:
She's obviously never heard of The Dead Sea Scrolls or Gnostic Gospels, or if she has chooses to ignore them. Otherwise she wouldn't spout such nonsense about nothing being written about Jesus until Paul.

izzy wouldn't know **** if it landed on his face and flies told him about it.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:03 pm
@Krumple,
You're sort of lacking credibility to make statements like that, given that you are a causal liar and a coward when called on it.

Cycloptichorn
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:07 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
dizzythedumbass

Name calling?

Krumplestiltskin

In order to make herself appear more important, krumplestiltskin of A2k lied to a king, telling him that his daughter could spin straw into gold. The king called for the girl, shut her in a tower room with straw and a spinning wheel, and demanded that she spin the straw into gold by morning, for three nights, or be executed (other versions have the king threatening to lock her up in a dungeon forever). She had given up all hope, when an impish creature called Izzi appeared in the room and spun straw into gold for her in return for her necklace, then again the following night for her ring. On the third night, when she had nothing with which to reward him, the strange creature spun straw into gold for a promise that the girl's first-born child would become his.Krumplestiltskin, was so scared, she saw evil in this creature and hid eventually for the rest of her life.

The End.

(Hope you have a sense of humor) .....

Krumple

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:09 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

Quote:
dizzythedumbass

Name calling?

Krumplestiltskin

In order to make herself appear more important, krumplestiltskin of A2k lied to a king, telling him that his daughter could spin straw into gold. The king called for the girl, shut her in a tower room with straw and a spinning wheel, and demanded that she spin the straw into gold by morning, for three nights, or be executed (other versions have the king threatening to lock her up in a dungeon forever). She had given up all hope, when an impish creature called Izzi appeared in the room and spun straw into gold for her in return for her necklace, then again the following night for her ring. On the third night, when she had nothing with which to reward him, the strange creature spun straw into gold for a promise that the girl's first-born child would become his.Krumplestiltskin, was so scared, she saw evil in this creature and hid eventually for the rest of her life.

The End.

(Hope you have a sense of humor) .....

Thanks for the compliment. Nice attempt though.
Krumple

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

You're sort of lacking credibility to make statements like that, given that you are a causal liar and a coward when called on it.

Cycloptichorn

Like i care what you think?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:11 pm
@Krumple,
Yeah, not bad for a Witch...
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

The President doesn't pass laws - Congress passes laws. The President signs them. If Congress can't or doesn't pass the laws, the Prez can't sign them. Simple as that. But, seeing as you don't seem to understand how any of our political system works, why should you be expected to understand that either?

I guess you have never heard of executive orders. But then again I wouldn't expect you to know that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:14 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Like i care what you think?

Stop responding to my criticisms of you then, coward.

And, like I said earlier - it's not just me. It's everyone watching. I guess you're just too cool to care what anyone thinks?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
Both the Gospels according to Timothy and Mary Magdalene (incomplete) claim to be written by contempories of Jesus.

This is all about Krumpelle's monstrous ego, when she was a godbotherer she thought we all should be, now she's an atheist she still thinks she should tell us what to do.

The problem is, most of her revelations are the sort of thing most smart fifteen year olds already know.

It's alright being waspish and nasty when you can do it with savage malevolence, not playground taunts. It's just irksome.

Changing tack, here's a picture of Harold Wilson.

http://anmblog.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c565553ef0168e8b79755970c-800wi

Hooray!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:55 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
You think it is perfectly reasonable to mess around with a being like this? To torment it to prove a point? I also like how you skipped over the part where god kills job's family. This is perfectly acceptable to you? That it is fine for a god to torture a being?

"The Devil kills off all of his possessions..."

Did you not, understand me?

0 Replies