Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 03:32 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple,

You say that the Bible pretty much was made up from the words of one person, I believe Paul, yet he had never met Jesus.

Then you state that you would not believe in a God, because God creates Heaven and Hell. Why would he create a Hell, if he was of good.

You state that why was there not rape or slavery written in any commandments.

The truth is. If "Paul's" words made up the Bible, and he had not met Jesus, therefore in your opinion a whole lot of crap.. Then how do you really know that there is a Hell and a Heaven, or that God made Hell, given the words of someone whom never met Jesus wrote so.

All you are pointing out in reality is that the Bible is not all that is is meant to be, man has written it, changed it, put his own tags onto it, delievered it, not God.

So Spades thoughts of "he can speak to me, or I can feel good" could be right. How else would a God get through to people, if his "Bible" was crap and not right? Smile I have seen a lot of things in my 48 years, that I can not explain, but I can tell you I am not delusional, or physcotic, physic maybe. So why is that? I can bet every single Atheist, has never experienced esp, seen an aura (which I assume can be Scientifically explained) minds talking to each other yet, from such a distance without words, or the energy force, or other things such as hearing or seeing what seems to be a spirit, ghost. But I bet, an Atheist has NEVER ever seen any of that, because it has to have a scientific reason and logic behind it. They refuse to think otherwise, therefore, to them there can't be anything out there, everything can be explained. Yet, the smartest of the smarts as Scientists, will also digress on somethings, they can not explain it at all. Why is that? A guessing game til the end for all.

The one thing I do agree with you, is that Scientology, Church goes that preach and live their life in a bubble, are really sucked in of mans words, and most pay the price with their hard earned cash, to "men" who pretend there is a purpose for them.

If there is a purpose in life, for someone, they will know what that purpose is, they will go through hurdles, hardships, and come out on top because they won't give up, but they will see purpose.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 03:34 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I understand you say that God, wants you to experience all that pain.. But, I can't see why he would want to do that to anyone. Have you ever considered it is not God talking to you there?

Quote:
What exactly are you talking about here? I would like you to quote where you thought I said this...And how you thought I meant, I think people should experience pain....From me...Please...Yes, if I heard that, it would be of the Devil, and not God...

You have said that God has shown you torture and pain, within your dreams. I am saying, in my opinion, if there is a God and I believe that there is, he is of good, love and he wouldn't be showing you this, at all. Suffering yes, so that you know how to climb the tallest mountain. Pain, as in evil, no.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 03:59 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
You have said that God has shown you torture and pain, within your dreams. I am saying, in my opinion, if there is a God and I believe that there is, he is of good, love and he wouldn't be showing you this, at all. Suffering yes, so that you know how to climb the tallest mountain. Pain, as in evil, no.

I have not thought about this...Maybe God, is not sending me there, but I am going, to be purged...But God has told me, that when I go, I am releasing souls, that do not want to stand up, to Satan, to be released....

Maybe The Devil, is allowed to take me there...And torment me, to try to break my spirit...But if he does, and fails...then souls must be released....So God is not doing, or showing me anything...Other than acceptance, after being purged...And helping me, when I am there...But the Devil is doing it all...

And God is using evil for good...

Read the book of Job...And tell me if you think it is possible?

The book of Job...talks about how God and the Devil are talking...And God allows the Devil to torment Job...Cause the Devil says that Job will give up on God...But God says he will not...So throughout Job's life...The Devil kills off all of his possessions...And makes him very sick...and others say to him...you have done nothing wrong, yet God causes you to be cursed...Curse God, and die...And Job says...I will not curse God...Then all of Job's possessions are returned 10 fold, I believe...

IDK...Even Jesus (Who is said to be perfect) is said to have descended into Hell, for 3 days before rising...And you would have to believe, he took many souls, with him...
Krumple

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 04:16 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
The part that you miss Spade is the fact that you only have two options. Believe or reject, right? I say it is immoral for a god to create a being and force them to only have these two options. If you believe you are rewarded, if you reject you are punished for it. I want the third option, to never be involved in this ridiculous game of love-me-or-else.

But I am not bitter as you want to try and make me out to be. I don't hate something that I don't believe exists. I am trying to point out to you that a god who would create a hell, is not worthy of my respect to begin with. Why create such a place?

Like I have said before. If a guy dug holes in his back yard and filled them crocodiles and then let all the neighbor kids play there, would this be something you would accept as nice or considerate? No, I doubt anyone would. But that is exactly what you have here with this whole, believe or else!

You don't get the label of omnibenevolent if you make a place such as hell. You can justify that all you want but it makes no sense to say it can be both ways. That would be like saying you are always generous unless you feel like being greedy. No, you aren't always generous then.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 04:27 pm
@Krumple,
And I have said before...I don't believe, it is gonna be like that, at all...

What will it actually be? Don't know! But God tells me, it is completely different, without revealing, the meaning of life, to me...

And I see, everyone saved...

I don't know what the point is...I can only speculate...And I am sorry, if this does not do it, for you...

This is all, that I know...

I already said...Maybe he will give you the third option...And let you be gone, forever...

I don't know...

I was not trying to make you out to be a bitter person...I was just being honest...That sounds like a belief to me...Not a rejection of a belief...But I could be wrong...You know yourself, better than I do...
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 04:31 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
This is the thing Spades.

You did not think about that, you assumed.

But if God is "good" and of love, it makes sense that he wouldn't do that.

I don't read any of that, and I refuse to read any of that. I prefer to just acknowledge that I am a good soul, willing and able and will always help anyone or anything in need. That is all I need to do, on this Earth. I can do what is classed as wrong according to the Bible, like living with David, yet both are not even Divorced, marrying again, where apparently I am not allowed to, because I don't believe anything that is in that book or any other book.. Certainly there may be passages that are of my thoughts, It's been bought to my attention before, when I've said something and someone has gone to the Bible and then quoted something that means the same, thereafter, certainly, my arguement with Atom proved that my thought pattern on that said subject others too including phycologists believe the same.

I just go with what I feel, not what a book tells me. I think Spades, if you are reading this, and that, and the other, your mind is totally going to go into confusion of what may be and what may not be.

Krumple, I don't get you. You want to call Spades out. You state he is a danger. You claim that he is worse than the Devil. You suggest he is delusional but all you are doing is pointing out your own beliefs. You are not calling him out at all. Personally, I think your message is loud and clear. As per my previous post to you, you don't know either, you just claim to.. You wish to ensure that no one gets the priogrative of suggesting that a God exists because you don't think God deserves to based on the Bible, but the funny thing is, you agree the Bible is not real, in it's truest form. So really all you can claim is exactly that. And, keep on guessing like everyone else.

Krumple

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 04:34 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

Krumple,

You say that the Bible pretty much was made up from the words of one person, I believe Paul, yet he had never met Jesus.

No, I never said this was the case. I said I suspect the N.T. could have been created by Paul or a group of yahwehins who wanted to ratify the old law. However; it is 100% true that Paul never met jesus. Paul even states it that he never met jesus but felt he knew him. Because nothing was actually written for about 50 or 60 years after jesus was supposedly crucified. It does call into question the validity of such details or knowledge when something isn't written about which would have been a dramatic event yet no one bothered to record it?

FOUND SOUL wrote:

Then you state that you would not believe in a God, because God creates Heaven and Hell. Why would he create a Hell, if he was of good.

I am asking that same question. How can a god be considered good if it creates hell. Are you saying or suggesting that hell is self arising? That it's creation was beyond gods control? God is powerless to do anything about the formation of hell? If so then he can't be omnipotent.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

You state that why was there not rape or slavery written in any commandments.

Yeah they seem like perfectly reasonable things not to do yet they appear no where in the bible as things you shouldn't do to other human beings. In fact the bible actually supports both as reasonable. If a woman is raped she is forced to marry her rapist. There are many statements that back slavery as perfectly reasonable.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

The truth is. If "Paul's" words made up the Bible, and he had not met Jesus, therefore in your opinion a whole lot of crap.. Then how do you really know that there is a Hell and a Heaven, or that God made Hell, given the words of someone whom never met Jesus wrote so.

I don't believe any of it. I am pointing out the convoluted aspects of the christian doctrine. Bringing up points of inconsistency and how they are not worthy of respect or admiration. A god who creates a place of torment to send people who chose not to believe or worship him, is not a being I would care to admire, let alone worship.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

All you are pointing out in reality is that the Bible is not all that is is meant to be, man has written it, changed it, put his own tags onto it, delievered it, not God.

Sure the bible is obviously been altered and changed. We know this is definitely possible since there are many scripts that do not have certain passages or word usage and there are no originals only copies of copies of copies all with slightly different alterations to them as time goes on.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

So Spades thoughts of "he can speak to me, or I can feel good" could be right. How else would a God get through to people, if his "Bible" was crap and not right? Smile I have seen a lot of things in my 48 years, that I can not explain, but I can tell you I am not delusional, or physcotic, physic maybe. So why is that? I can bet every single Atheist, has never experienced esp, seen an aura (which I assume can be Scientifically explained) minds talking to each other yet, from such a distance without words, or the energy force, or other things such as hearing or seeing what seems to be a spirit, ghost. But I bet, an Atheist has NEVER ever seen any of that, because it has to have a scientific reason and logic behind it. They refuse to think otherwise, therefore, to them there can't be anything out there, everything can be explained. Yet, the smartest of the smarts as Scientists, will also digress on somethings, they can not explain it at all. Why is that? A guessing game til the end for all.

All of that is nonsense. If it is based in reality then there would be something fundamental that supports their reality. The reason these things are bullshit is because there is absolutely nothing that supports their existence.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

The one thing I do agree with you, is that Scientology, Church goes that preach and live their life in a bubble, are really sucked in of mans words, and most pay the price with their hard earned cash, to "men" who pretend there is a purpose for them.

Scientology is not the only church that behaves this way. Mormons are often very secretive and forbid their members from reading any books that the church has not authorized their members to read. I know that some christian organizations attempt to push these similar ideas onto their members as well but probably not at the extreme of mormons or scientologists do.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

If there is a purpose in life, for someone, they will know what that purpose is, they will go through hurdles, hardships, and come out on top because they won't give up, but they will see purpose.

Essentially there is no purpose. Since this is the case it opens the door to that of having any purpose. But if you say that our purpose is to obey a god and follow it's demands (commandments) then that is predefined purpose with no escape. Who asked if you wanted to take part in this? If a god exists and you must decide to believe in it or to reject it then you are nothing more than being mentally raped.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 04:58 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Paul even states it that he never met jesus but felt he knew him.

Quote:
It does call into question the validity of such details or knowledge when something isn't written about which would have been a dramatic event yet no one bothered to record it?

Spades, feels that Jesus, is around him.. Yet he never met him either, he feels he knows him. And, this has been said before as well by other people, especially where Miracles have occured. So you can't say this is not possible.

I have read, through this thread actually . Where supposidly doctrines have gone missing. You agree the Bible is crap. Who is to say something wasn't recorded and is missing ....

Quote:
I am asking that same question. How can a god be considered good if it creates hell. Are you saying or suggesting that hell is self arising? That it's creation was beyond gods control? God is powerless to do anything about the formation of hell? If so then he can't be omnipotent.

How do we know he created Hell? I agree with you that if he is the be all and end all, he should be able to "oliminate" Hell. But, same thing, how do we know that just because the teachings are, you go to Hell or Heaven, doesn't mean that is true. What, if, for instance, this was an original thought, that theres the Devil, there's God, they fight both to win and the Devil created the Hell, God created the Heaven and it's still going on, the war.. How do you not know that may be more factual. You don't , I don't, but logic would put it that way. Good, bad. All movies are created in that light, man thinks like that, why...

Quote:
Yeah they seem like perfectly reasonable things not to do yet they appear no where in the bible as things you shouldn't do to other human beings. In fact the bible actually supports both as reasonable. If a woman is raped she is forced to marry her rapist. There are many statements that back slavery as perfectly reasonable.

But, you don't believe the Bible is correct so how do you know it wasn't meant to be written in there?

It would make sense that Man would write, you can have slaves. Could you really see a God, saying that? Do unto others as you would do to yourself. To me that means, if I would not want to be raped, I can't rape. It is written in there. The Bible to me is trickery. I mean seriously, you are then raped and are forced to stay with that person because once you have had sex, that's it. Or, you are supposed to stay with the person you marry, and never re-marry. Which one is it?

Slavery to me is man made. He decided through greed .. Don't you actually wonder if there is such a book, that God would have said, "no slavery". Do unto others as you would do to yourself. But, sheez, let's change that, then I can get people to do all my work for me, no one will know.

Look, it's around and around in circles. If I told you a story and you passed that story onto someone else, and they passed it onto someone else, I bet anything by the time it got back to me, it would be totally in-correct as to what I said to start with.

I see this as no different. You can't go by this book called the Bible. And, as you are a non-believer, you can't begin to even take parts of what someone would think to be true, about a God, and take parts that you think is crap and wrong, because you are purely going off of this thing called a Bible. Yet, you know it's not factual. How is that.

Quote:
Sure the bible is obviously been altered and changed. We know this is definitely possible since there are many scripts that do not have certain passages or word usage and there are no originals only copies of copies of copies all with slightly different alterations to them as time goes on.

Then you know not to believe it. And, you may understand why I have no desire to read it, why would i put myself through what you are putting yourself through? Or Spades even. Questioning, disecting, trying to find it all wrong, or right?

Quote:
All of that is nonsense. If it is based in reality then there would be something fundamental that supports their reality. The reason these things are bullshit is because there is absolutely nothing that supports their existence.
You mean you've never experienced any of it, like I suspected, consequently to you it's bullshit. Like I said, even some Scientists can not explain some things that occur.

If it's bullshit, then how can someone talk to someone else, via the mind only and be heard. That's factual. It's been proved time and time again. Why can some people do this and others can't? Because those that are open to what is out there, will and those that aren't won't.

Quote:
Essentially there is no purpose. Since this is the case it opens the door to that of having any purpose. But if you say that our purpose is to obey a god and follow it's demands (commandments) then that is predefined purpose with no escape. Who asked if you wanted to take part in this? If a god exists and you must decide to believe in it or to reject it then you are nothing more than being mentally raped.

To you. To me there is a purpose. Why would I say the purpose is to obey God?
The purpose is to do good.. Haven't you ever helped anyone in your life Krumple? Hasn't anyone ever helped you? Didn't it feel good if you did?

I think that you are bitter personally, only someone who sees good in most in life, feels good about their life. It seems to me that you see rape, slavery, mental rape, as part of the Bible. I say, yet again, stop researching, what good could it do? It's been changed and changed and changed by man. And, you seem to have anger over people that choose to believe in God, you put people down, they are delusional, evil, worse than evil, for what, believing in something you don't?

It's almost like you are on your own mission.

There is God. Heaven
There is the Devil. Hell
And, then there is no-where a space where you go that is not either of the above.

That could be true, you could float around in that big wide, Universe for ever lost...
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:04 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
Krumple, I don't get you. You want to call Spades out. You state he is a danger. You claim that he is worse than the Devil. You suggest he is delusional but all you are doing is pointing out your own beliefs. You are not calling him out at all. Personally, I think your message is loud and clear. As per my previous post to you, you don't know either, you just claim to.. You wish to ensure that no one gets the priogrative of suggesting that a God exists because you don't think God deserves to based on the Bible, but the funny thing is, you agree the Bible is not real, in it's truest form. So really all you can claim is exactly that. And, keep on guessing like everyone else.

The problem is, I have gone further with this, but it generally circles right back around to "the bible says..." so then I have to go back into saying the bible is not trust worthy nor consistent. Then I get asked how is it not consistent or trust worthy. The whole argument just goes around and around because the people involved really don't care about what is true they just "want" a god to be real so it doesn't matter what is said, they just deflect the conversation any way they possibly can to avoid facing the reality.

If what spade says is true, that everyone ends up in the same place regardless of their actions then none of the texts reflect that. The texts would then be meaningless. It also means that even the most wicked people end up in the same place as those who struggle their entire life to be good. It is much harder to always be good. Or maybe I should say, it is easier to be evil to others than good. Goodness takes effort where as evil doesn't take as much. That's why evil is more prevalent in our society.

If everyone ends up in the same place regardless of their actions then it makes their actions all the same. Good actions are the same as evil actions because they result in the same out come.

This doesn't even address the issue of what you do in this after life. So many christians are looking forward to this after life but they don't even know what it consists of and they are willing to throw off this one for one they aren't even sure exists. Not only that but they want to force everyone else to adopt this same attitude.

If there is a god and it is nothing like the bible then it would be, in my opinion much more appealing to me. But that says nothing if there is no basis for determining what this god would be. Sure people toss around characteristics but many of these characteristics are self refuting or contradictory.

Just like Spade claiming that god is a culmination of all the omnis. That is not possible because they conflict. I think people talk about these characteristics not logically but instead because that is what they need this god to have to suit their needs. They don't care if these concepts contradict.

To me it sounds more like inventing this god out of wishes and desires for it to exist. I need something that actually supports it's existence in reality. If there is nothing then it might as well not even exist.

Spade suggests that I go ask this god to reveal itself to me. But what he doesn't realize is that just this very act of doing that means that I would already assume that this god exists, otherwise why would I be asking? It is a typical believers mentality. They already believe a god exists prior to talking themselves into believing one exists. To go pray for a god to reveal itself, means that you are already believing one exists to respond to the request.

This mentality is part of the religious programming. You assume to begin with that a god exists and then you fill in all the pieces how ever you want to make the assumption become a belief based on faith that you are right. There is nothing that actually supports it to be real or true, but the believer doesn't care because they have already convinced themselves that it is.

It is like when children hear noises and think they are from monsters. No different.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:05 pm
@Krumple,
It really is good to hear your responses Krumple.
You have a way of saying things in a very logical or coherent way. I wish I had half of that ability that you have.
I think the sad truth is that many of us do not have that ability and that is the problem.
I can not speak for all religions but I can speak about the one that I grew up with and is being taught in my country "Christianity"
It seems that we have a very big problem when many fields of philosophy are studied and a PHD can be acquired in these fields but moral philosophy is never Lifted up or taught to be studied by Christians. Have you ever wondered why?
spendius

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:16 pm
@reasoning logic,
I read that you can get a PhD in skittles at one US institution of the Higher Learning.

Krumpie is just a demolition worker. No redevelopment of the site. Just some fanny about us all being virtuous. Cuckoo land actually.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

It really is good to hear your responses Krumple.
You have a way of saying things in a very logical or coherent way. I wish I had half of that ability that you have.

Well you do, I have read some of your responses.

reasoning logic wrote:

I think the sad truth is that many of us do not have that ability and that is the problem.

I don't agree with this. I think that everyone can see these simple truths. However; I think it is the religious programming and/or fears that become road blocks. I think reality is not always appealing to investigate or discover and that scares people off and they would rather believe in their security blanket ideas rather than understand how things really are.

reasoning logic wrote:

I can not speak for all religions but I can speak about the one that I grew up with and is being taught in my country "Christianity"
It seems that we have a very big problem when many fields of philosophy are studied and a PHD can be acquired in these fields but moral philosophy is never Lifted up or taught to be studied by Christians. Have you ever wondered why?

I think some do. Some study fields of philosophy and even to the point of gaining PHDs but I think they have a disconnect. They will humor Plato or Kant or Nietszche or even Hume but they trump it regardless of what they read. They have it in their mind there is an ultimate philosopher and that is their godhead. So if anything critiques their godhead they write it off to preserve the religious programming.

The other problem is, morality and ethics are not truly objective characteristics. Which doesn't comply if there is a god. We are constantly evolving mentally and what is acceptable today might not be tomorrow or a hundred years from now. To us things seem perfectly reasonable but later generations might think we were barbaric with certain ideas or ways of life. A person who believes in an ultimate supreme being or godhead couldn't rationalize this type of morality that changes.

I also in some ways think they shouldn't or they are forbidden to or made to feel that they should be forbidden to investigate morality or philosophy. In fear that they will lose a member of their tribe.
Krumple

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:38 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
The book of Job...talks about how God and the Devil are talking...And God allows the Devil to torment Job...Cause the Devil says that Job will give up on God...But God says he will not...So throughout Job's life...The Devil kills off all of his possessions...And makes him very sick...and others say to him...you have done nothing wrong, yet God causes you to be cursed...Curse God, and die...And Job says...I will not curse God...Then all of Job's possessions are returned 10 fold, I believe..

You think it is perfectly reasonable to mess around with a being like this? To torment it to prove a point? I also like how you skipped over the part where god kills job's family. This is perfectly acceptable to you? That it is fine for a god to torture a being?

Not even because it deserves it but because he is trying to win a bet? I have no respect or admiration for such a being let alone if it were a god. I don't even like it when people do this with their dogs. The fact that you find inspiration in the story shows that you really don't care about people at all, you just want to make your god happy.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:38 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
The problem is, I have gone further with this, but it generally circles right back around to "the bible says..." so then I have to go back into saying the bible is not trust worthy nor consistent. Then I get asked how is it not consistent or trust worthy. The whole argument just goes around and around because the people involved really don't care about what is true they just "want" a god to be real so it doesn't matter what is said, they just deflect the conversation any way they possibly can to avoid facing the reality.

You can't make people see logic that the Bible could have been changed, over and over, by man. I understand that.
But, you can't say that you know the reality either. You're hitting your head on a brick wall. You are not right, they are not wrong.

Quote:
If what spade says is true, that everyone ends up in the same place regardless of their actions then none of the texts reflect that. The texts would then be meaningless. It also means that even the most wicked people end up in the same place as those who struggle their entire life to be good. It is much harder to always be good. Or maybe I should say, it is easier to be evil to others than good. Goodness takes effort where as evil doesn't take as much. That's why evil is more prevalent in our society.

Isn't it fair to say the whole purpose of this thread, is discussion and that Spades questions even what he says sometimes, to "oh, that makes more sense, maybe". Again, no one knows. You have to simple go with what you believe, you don't have the right either to change anyone's thought pattern to suit your own.. I own me. You own yourself. You don't own me, I don't own you.

Off course it's easier to do wrong, sometimes I giggle when I do something I know I am not allowed to do, there is an element of excitement being naughty is there not? I don't know if goodness takes effort at all. It comes like nature to me, just to do it. To see someone smile, be happy, find a direction, a purpose, instead of all this negativity in this World means the world to me.

Quote:
If there is a god and it is nothing like the bible then it would be, in my opinion much more appealing to me. But that says nothing if there is no basis for determining what this god would be. Sure people toss around characteristics but many of these characteristics are self refuting or contradictory.
Questioning now there Krumple? That at least it makes sense that the Bible is not totally correct as to what may have transpired or was stated, all those years ago. And, if so, why do you think you are all contradicting everything? Off course you always will.

Quote:
To me it sounds more like inventing this god out of wishes and desires for it to exist. I need something that actually supports it's existence in reality. If there is nothing then it might as well not even exist.

Spade suggests that I go ask this god to reveal itself to me. But what he doesn't realize is that just this very act of doing that means that I would already assume that this god exists, otherwise why would I be asking? It is a typical believers mentality. They already believe a god exists prior to talking themselves into believing one exists. To go pray for a god to reveal itself, means that you are already believing one exists to respond to the request.

Your point is? Those that believe that there is a God, don't necessarily run around being good, attend Church, pray every day.. It is not 100% based on worshipers.. Some people simply believe there is one, there are un-explainables that can not be scientifically proven at all, no matter how many years have passed and that's the thing. If man can not explain things, then it goes the other way too. Maybe it does exist. So everyone wants proof. Prove it then. How can anyone prove anything to someone, who is not open to there are possibilties in this World that can not be proven by man? There is your proof that things can exist, you chose for it not to.

And the non-believers convince themselves it doesn't.

Open mindedness, verses closed mindedness, creates belief or non-belief.
Krumple

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:46 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
Your point is? Those that believe that there is a God, don't necessarily run around being good, attend Church, pray every day.. It is not 100% based on worshipers.. Some people simply believe there is one, there are un-explainables that can not be scientifically proven at all, no matter how many years have passed and that's the thing. If man can not explain things, then it goes the other way too. Maybe it does exist. So everyone wants proof. Prove it then. How can anyone prove anything to someone, who is not open to there are possibilties in this World that can not be proven by man? There is your proof that things can exist, you chose for it not to.

And the non-believers convince themselves it doesn't.

Open mindedness, verses closed mindedness, creates belief or non-belief.

The problem with this mindset is that then every little bit of nonsense that comes around is just as equally valid as anything else. What results is you have people taking advantage of other people. Like psychics who claim to be able to talk to dead relatives and taking peoples money when there is no evidence that provides any basis for it.

Not only that but cold readers are able to do the exact same thing and they don't claim any psychic powers. It reveals these people are frauds. This is why you shouldn't accept something to be true without something to base it on. You can call it being close minded all you want but I would much rather look at it like preventing yourself from being scammed or duped.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:08 pm
@Krumple,
Sigh.

Yet, I realised one day that I could hold onto a piece of jewelery, close my eyes and write **** down. One month later, on 3 occasions, what I said actually happened. Do you think I made that happen? Like in one case described the exact house that a month later, my girlfriend came over to this State and resided at, it was her ex's I had never been there.. How did I see that? Or turn left not right when you are in the hills. He forgot, turned right and truck dumped its load onto his car.

What evidence would you not like to take from that? Off course, I don't charge why would I? I am open minded, I try stuff, have no idea what I am doing and it turns out, I seemed to have the abililty to know something before it happens go figure Krumple.

Believe stuff may happen or be true, or don't. That's the only difference between you and me. Yet, I feel calm most of the time, bet you feel wound up.

Ya closed minded. The above is factual, it happened. Oh, and then off course, once I told my ex husband that IDK must have been sleeping, dreaming but I saw this girl, she said sorry. I described her. He said it was his ex from the description. 2 Weeks later, he was at a car rally and he was told she died, 2 weeks before. He then told me, he found out that the car he was paying of as it was in his name, that she had, her father sold for her funeral. He was livid. I said basically "what for it's only money, she said sorry". And, then there is so many times he blamed me for moving something, losing it. I would get so mad, I would for instance in one instance say " It's friggen at Elizabeth, you left it on the counter yesterday" . He rang that firm the next day, yep that's were it was.

So, what, I'm just a genius huh, seem to be able to predict, ahead of myself...

That's factual, you are closed minded.

Open it, maybe amazed at what you see.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:22 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Lost Soul, Razz , they would have loved you in Salem back in the day.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToJMajQLni29d8hoChX90_oPbtXth5iQmxVgp6YMgtUyei5-dDtg
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:28 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I prefer this version, kind of the naughty side of me as well, and I definately was lost that night, ouch Smile

[url]http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/309662_151157394979497_131291716966065_230587_1406367400_n.jpg[url]
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:54 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:

I don't agree with this. I think that everyone can see these simple truths.

I can see your point but only to a degree. I think that there is a grey spectrum so to speak where we have intellectually challenged people at one end "mentally retarded people" and intellectually advanced at the other, "Geniuses to a degree." We are not all able to have the same perception.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
I thought that I needed to add this to my last reply.

We are not all able to be rational thinkers and what we need is others who can, "devote more of their time pointing out our problems rather than being silent on such issues. I have heard that that the greatest tyranny is not those who are causing it but rather those who see it and remain silent about it.

0 Replies