Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:01 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I do think that krumble is correct in saying that Ryan's type of thinking adds fuel to delusional thinking but there are many counter arguments to counter his thinking

By Krumple's logic, and arguments to me...And what you said above....Does this make her opinions about me, true, at all? And does it mean, she is right, and I am wrong?

If you agree, it does not....What is the purpose, of her saying, how I am trying to deceive people, or am a danger to society? And is unfounded...

What makes her sure, unless, she is the one, who is hiding something...?

Or at the least, doing the same exact thing?

What if she, is the actual threat?

This is what I actually want her, to answer me, about....

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:08 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

If you agree, it does not....What is the purpose, of her saying, how I am trying to deceive people, or am a danger to society?

You may not be trying to deceive people with your logic but you do have to admit that some people do and I can only guess that Krumble see you to be one of these people.

Quote:

What makes her sure, unless, she is the one, who is hiding something...?

The same thing that makes you so sure that you are a prophet, "The Brain.

Quote:

If you agree, it does not....What is the purpose, of her saying, how I am trying to deceive people, or am a danger to society?

Could it be because she honestly believes it?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 02:38 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spades, whilst I may be too "close" to protecting you Smile Krumple can think what she wants of you as you can think of you want of her... It is her perception and she has a right to think what ever she wants, as do you.

My beef, was I felt, that she wanted to push and push you and I always think, it's your Thread, your belief, you aren't harming anyone and you are discussing things and maybe you might learn something. I can't see any danger, I mean she and others write things so if anyone reads this thread, they will make their own decisions as we do on beliefs, as it's not a thread pushing anyone to believe one way or the other, in-fact, it's really everyone saying what they believe and counter-acting Wink

I do agree with you, I can't see you being a danger. Any smart person would realise that you are not trying to convert people by them reading the thread, although you would like to convert one here and one there, your converting is only to believe in God. I can't see that being of danger.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 10:02 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Why do people think that if someone believes in God and refuses to back down, keeps talking, that they are nuts and wrong, and dangerous.

It is their defense mechanism....That they ultimately have no argument....Or defense...Other than saying we are making people dumber....Or are dangerous...Or slowing evolution down....Because other than that, it makes no difference....The people who kill, are not right...And we admit that....But people kill...that are atheist too...Because they have no other argument....That is what you get when they deny, they believe things....Or believe other things, and do not find it to be a problem....And walk along a 40 foot wall....With nothing but thorn bushes on either side....and each time they turn around, the path gets narrower, and narrower....until either you fall, or get sliced by the path...

That is what happens, when they trap themselves....Believe things...Claim we make people dumber....But still believe things....Have a belief, they deny....We can't pin them down to one....They have the luxury of evading such things....And it is normal to believe, in a God....And if a God is real...There are no souls more dangerous, then them...That almost, no theist, even says to them...Or calls them dumb, or dangerous for...You would think that would be enough, for them to see??

God is using themselves, to discredit themselves...And they do not even see it...Though most of them, think they are superior thinkers....
spendius

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 10:31 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Did you know Spade that the Pagans considered Christians to be atheists?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 10:41 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
You may not be trying to deceive people with your logic but you do have to admit that some people do and I can only guess that Krumble see you to be one of these people.

Then she has to admit, That she could be wrong, in her thinking....Otherwise, it has no foundation...And is not genuine....And she has to admit...That I, and others may see her this way...And it has nothing to do with me...But what others think of her...Otherwise, she is the one who is hiding something...and not me...And when I validate myself, to her, and everyone, on here....I would expect her, to say, I am sorry, I misjudged you....If she wishes to perpetuate hate, that is not even there....As I never go looking for her, but she always, finds me....(another reason, I have nothing to hide, or am not doing evil, but she could be) Then she needs to admit she could be wrong, about it, as well....Just like every honest person, does and says...Like I have said, many of times, on here....And will say again, if it makes you, and her, feel better...I could be wrong...And I could be wrong about her....Now let us wait and see, if she says the same exact thing...If she does not...She is the threat...Plain and simple...There is no other way around it...I have validated it, again....

BTW...this is beginning to dig at me, although, I know you mean no offense...Her name is Krumple, not Krumble....

Quote:
The same thing that makes you so sure that you are a prophet, "The Brain.

But yet I say, time, and time again...I could very easily, be wrong about it all...As I could be...Yet she never says, she could be wrong about anything...Or that her opinions of me, could be wrong? That is the difference...And why others, see her, as a bad guy, and nothing to do with me...Coupled with the fact, she says it, in a way, where if she looks bad...It is my fault...And if people do not believe, what she says...I must have manipulated their thinking, or something....Then says time, and time again...I am so ******* stupid, I lack the intelligence, to even pull this off...So what is it then? Could it just be, she has some sort of problem, in the brain? Similar, to what you think, people who have had spiritual experiences, suffer from? Or is seriously trying to be malicious, for her own personal gain?

If I am, that friggen stupid, surly everyone else, is not...So what is the purpose, of her saying, other people will be convinced by me? Either, what she is saying, is bullshit, and she knows it...Or she is purposely doing the same exact thing, she says, I am trying to do...And is setting it up, in a way, that I will take the fall, for it...And she knows that only I, and her, can see this coming, as she, is setting it up...And then must believe, there is validity, to what, I am saying...And can interpret things...And who I say, I am...

So she needs, to either admit, she could be wrong...Which will give her credibility, but destroys, it is true....Cause I have calculated, how to destroy, the bullshit she speaks....Or she needs to go away...And try spreading her hate on another theist, who does not know God...And is a real threat, or danger...Or needs to get help...

Quote:
Could it be because she honestly believes it?

Just like you have said, 50 times to me, on here...Just because she believes it, does not make it true...And if someone can not admit, that they, may be wrong...then chances are, that they, are not, right...Or are the one, who is hiding something...

I have said, I could be wrong, many times, and even once above....I want to see her say, she could be wrong....And if she can not...She has the problem, or is up to no good....Plain and simple....

And if other people feel this, or pick up, on this....Then that is her problem, for the perception, she gives off....And for her, to leave me out, of it, and leave me alone....Cause I am not bothering her....But she is bothering me...

I am not looking for a fight...But she always is...

She knows, I do not hide, and am easy to find...Yet she comes out...Like a thief, out of the bushes...

So either, She needs, to validate it...Or leave me alone...

One way or another, she loses, so she needs, to just, pick one...

And move on...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 10:48 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Did you know Spade that the Pagans considered Christians to be atheists?

Did you know Spendi, that Christianity MUST be right, then...As no one, who believes in God, does not, not, believe in God...

Just because another, believes in a different God, or no God....Does not mean that another, who believes, in a different God = a belief, in no God....

It means their belief in God Not Equal a belief in God...Or they are the ones, who are atheistic...And are Pagan...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:21 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
You may not be trying to deceive people with your logic

Then I clearly, am not, trying to deceive anyone....Thank you Logic! I liked that...and you made my day! Wink Wink Wink Very Happy Idea 2 Cents
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 11:28 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I do agree with you, I can't see you being a danger. Any smart person would realise that you are not trying to convert people by them reading the thread, although you would like to convert one here and one there, your converting is only to believe in God. I can't see that being of danger.

And it also shows, it has nothing to do with me, personally...But everything to do with God! Giving me credibility, And showing, I am speaking the words of truth...I hear....And nothing more....One either believes, or does not...There is no forcing, or manipulating going on....Or making anyone dumber...It is impossible....Unless, people believe, what I say, is true...And that is their way of rationalizing, what they believe, is wrong, or bullshit, or evil....But not knowing the answer, as they do not want to accept, what I say, is true, but can feel, that it is....
spendius

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 01:27 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You have thought about it too carelessly Spade.

It has nothing to do with who is what. It has to do with who thinks who is what.

The Christian God, in James Joyce,

Quote:
The artist, like the God of the creation, remains within or behind or beyond or above his handiwork, invisible, refined out of existence, indifferent, paring his fingernails.

is obviously so close to no God as makes any difference to a Pagan or a sceptical philosopher. Or, indeed, any magistrate.

And Pagan literature is still read and widely studied. Pagan tolerance of all religious piety would have let you build an altar to a God passing on His wisdom to you. Ulysses had many conversations with grey-eyed Athena in a range of disguises so that only he knew she was a Goddess who loved big, strong, wily,courageous men of many devices. She didn't just pass a few pearls of Divine wisdom. She saved him miraculously from a number of situations she had got him into.

They would have respected your God on condition you would respect theirs. Publicly. But they would have seen your God and atheism as the same. And both necessarily not respecting any of their gods. Both holding an aloof superiority to these massed ranks of Gods and Goddesses which the unlettered, superstitious peasants worship.

The birth pangs of a new God are long and arduous.

Nobody is right. It is entirely political.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 01:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
as they do not want to accept, what I say, is true, but can feel, that it is....

How can we accept anything when we don't know what it is? What the gist of God's messages is. You have admitted it is some sort of revisionist Ten Commandments. No doubt the popular ones are retained.

If it is that we should all love one another we know and we do try.

"I am tryin' to love my neighbor and do good unto others But oh, mother, things ain't going well."

Bob Dylan. Ain't Talkin'.

Krumple

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 01:49 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
as they do not want to accept, what I say, is true, but can feel, that it is....

How can we accept anything when we don't know what it is? What the gist of God's messages is. You have admitted it is some sort of revisionist Ten Commandments. No doubt the popular ones are retained.

If it is that we should all love one another we know and we do try.

"I am tryin' to love my neighbor and do good unto others But oh, mother, things ain't going well."

Bob Dylan. Ain't Talkin'.

No spend, today's modern dogma of christianity is that all you have to do is accept jesus as your savior and that is it. You don't need to follow any commandments. You don't need to be a good person. No amount of works will get you there, only accepting jesus will allow you to get there. It is silly because it doesn't care how wicked or evil you are, all you have to is accept jesus and you are good to go.

This is what the used car salesmen of chrisitanity use to get you into the door then later they will lump on other stuff, like tithing, and helping out church members and praying and giving up, sex, drugs and homosexuality because these are the next requirements.
spendius

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 02:51 pm
@Krumple,
That's a bit confused Krumpie. The thread is about Christianity. Not "today's modern dogma".

And there are in it a number of key words that you are not only defining but expecting us to agree with your definition.

What door knockers do is neither here nor there. You're talking about evangelicals. Mendicants. The Church doesn't beg. It receives people when they are ready.
Krumple

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 02:55 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

That's a bit confused Krumpie. The thread is about Christianity. Not "today's modern dogma".

All christianity is dogma.

spendius wrote:

And there are in it a number of key words that you are not only defining but expecting us to agree with your definition.

Most were meant to be that way. Like you are never guilty of that...

spendius wrote:

What door knockers do is neither here nor there. You're talking about evangelicals. Mendicants. The Church doesn't beg. It receives people when they are ready.

Bullshit. Unless you mean by "ready" to mean they were broken down properly so they can inject them with the disease of faith. Then sure, yeah I guess you are right, they do.
spendius

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:26 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
All christianity is dogma.

It's not. It's practical politics. Do you not read my posts? We are witnessing a slow motion version of eschewing the practical politics in favour of some unspecified alternative.

Quote:
Unless you mean by "ready" to mean they were broken down properly so they can inject them with the disease of faith. Then sure, yeah I guess you are right, they do.

There are other reasons. Seeing sense for example. And the "disease" of faith has its opposite. The disease of conceit.

Krumple

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:32 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

[It's not. It's practical politics.

Is this before or after slavery? If you mean outdated politics then yes, I would agree that we are starting to come around and realize that the christian view point on how a society should function is completely outdated. We are now trying to slowly get rid of this burden on society.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:40 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I have said, I could be wrong, many times, and even once above....I want to see her say, she could be wrong....And if she can not...She has the problem, or is up to no good....Plain and simple....

Quote:

She knows, I do not hide, and am easy to find...Yet she comes out...Like a thief, out of the bushes...

I am not sure if she is looking to fight you but rather share with others where she finds your thinking in error. She is only sharing her perceptions of reality with you and it happens to be that your perceptions about many things contradict her's.

Give her a chance and listen to what she has to say without allowing it to be offensive to you and try to reply back and see if the two of you can come to some unusual understanding about each other like me and you have. Hopefully one of respect for each others view points. Wink
Krumple

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:43 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am not sure if she is looking to fight you but rather share with others where she finds your thinking in error. She is only sharing her perceptions of reality with you and it happens to be that your perceptions about many things contradict her's.

Give her a chance and listen to what she has to say without allowing it to be offensive to you and try to reply back and see if the two of you can come to some unusual understanding about each other like me and you have. Hopefully one of respect for each others view points. Wink

Its okay reason. I put out my argument. Everyone who cares about it already knows where I stand. There is no need to go on with it because time will reveal the culprit. If he never reveals himself then I have kept him in check. But if he finally does, then those who are still paying attention will know I am not crazy. I am patient, I can wait. The need to bring it out has already been accomplished.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:46 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
There is no need to go on with it because time will reveal the culprit. If he never reveals himself then I have kept him in check. But if he finally does, then those who are still paying attention will know I am not crazy. I am patient, I can wait. The need to bring it out has already been accomplished.

Do you think that Ryan may be a preacher who comes to this site to sharpen his debate skills or how is it that you see him?
Krumple

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:54 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Do you think that Ryan may be a preacher who comes to this site to sharpen his debate skills or how is it that you see him?

I think it is much worse than that. I that was the case I wouldn't even bother.