Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:59 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
I love how you try so hard spade.

Thanks for the compliment/insult...I guess, I can come, to expect it....

Quote:
I don't think it takes any imagination what so ever to wish that you continue existing after you body dies. However; I do think it takes a huge amount of imagination to explain exactly how that could realistically happen. I like to think I have a great imagination yet every time I try to examine just how an after life would function I always end up in failure. I think it takes ignoring reality to believe in an after life rather than the other way around. I think you have to suspend your rational mind to believe in an after life.

Please explain, all these ways you have come to examine an afterlife, would function, but have come up with failure each, and every time? Since I suspend my rational thinking, in order to embrace one....Which makes no sense, as it is....Because I am obviously being way more imaginative, to believe in something that is not, than one, who has examined it every way only to failure?

If someone believes something that is not, that is being imaginative....not suspending there rational thinking....And if you have examined it every way, only to failure....that Not Equal you are a much more rational thinker...Or are more imaginative....It means you can not rationally understand an afterlife...as no one ever could on Earth anyways....And you are not being imaginative enough, or not that others who can, are suspending anything...It is as if you are saying, if I can not do it, no one can...That is a very egotistical, close-minded way, of looking at things, if that is what you mean....And if I believe in something that is not possible, I am thinking imaginatively, not at all, not imaginatively, or non-rational...It has to be one or the other...Pick one...I will explain what I think about what you say...about which one (you think) it is more of....

If you repeat again, it is both...It is obvious...You have this thinking, if you can not do, or think something, others can not....If that, is the case, no one on here, will alter that type of thinking, you have...And it is a waste....Do not even bother responding....Or I probably won't even bother to respond....to you....So much, for someone suspending their rational thinking? Or being not imaginative, huh?

PS...Thanks for the votes down...Is that a part, of being a good person, without a God? Wink Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy 2 Cents

Notice, how I did not vote you down, even on the hate posts you sent me? So is God, really a crutch to me, to enable me to survive, in a world, and on a being, who is not? Or does this point to truth in a God? And every action has meaning? And ramifications for everything? Whether good or bad? And points to having freedom, to do as you want without any ramifications?
Krumple

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:26 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Please explain, all these ways you have come to examine an afterlife, would function, but have come up with failure each, and every time? Since I suspend my rational thinking, in order to embrace one....Which makes no sense, as it is....Because I am obviously being way more imaginative, to believe in something that is not, than one, who has examined it every way only to failure?

I don't think you really want me to get into every example. Not only would it take a lot of writing and explaining because everything needs to be spelt out exactly to detail because you can't infer anything. However; I will humor you and give you one great example of how it can not occur.

For one physics as we know it would have to be susspended. Now of course many people who don't understand physics would have no problem with this but they don't realize the implications of this.

Here is a funny example. When people talk about ghosts they talk about them walking around making noises or walking through walls or doors yet why doesn't the ghost fall through the floor or the earth? So the ghost has the ability to walk through what ever it wants but it still adheres to gravity and ground? It can will what is solid and what is not solid?

How exactly do you live in this after life? In this life we need to consume food for energy to keep our bodys functioning. If we don't eat we starve and our bodies stop functioning. So this soul is able to function without any energy input? It has an infinite source of energy input? It doesn't require any energy input? How? Why would our bodies require energy but the soul doesn't? It is absurd that a god would create one reality where everything requires energy to function and then another realm where no energy is needed.

So do you have hair that grows? Does it require cutting? Or do you always have perfect hair? Or you can will it to be how ever you want when ever you want? Or do you not have a choice and your soul doesn't have hair or a hair cut? Everyone is bald?

Do you have eyes? What color eyes do you have? Or do you not have an eye color? Do you not have eyes at all? Some might as why these questions are even important to ask but they have very strong implications if you just answer them willynilly.

Do you wear clothes? Why do you wear clothes? We wear clothes because there is temperatures that we are trying to avoid or compesate for. But why would a soul need clothes? What are the clothes made out of? Do they get sewn by magical beings or created out of endless processes or magically made with the snap of fingers? Or are they just created out of imagination? What ever you want to wear just magically appears? It doesn't get soiled and never requires washing. They always fit perfectly and always feel comfortable? They feel like silk but are not made of silk.

You never need to sleep, and you are always entertained and never bored. There is always something that has your attention and you have nothing to worry about. Everything is perfect and never a down time. You don't have to worry about eating or sleeping or using the bathroom. You don't need to bathe or feel the need to wash your hands. You don't need to clean anything because everything is perfect and spotless. Nothing gets soiled.

You get to do what ever it is that will keep you entertained and not bored. Weather watching a fake foot ball game (that you make up) just so you have entertainment. And your team always wins because that is what keeps you happy. Your team would never lose unless you are trying to be realistic to prevent yourself from becoming skeptical. Maybe here are no foot ball games because it is too violent and keeps you from the real purpose praising your lord 24/7.

Maybe there is no need what so ever for entertainment because you are pefectly content with everything. So you can just stand there doing nothing and you are completely fine. You just stand around doing absolutely nothing. No need to go for walks, no need to go for hikes, no need to exercise or challenge yourself because everything is perfect.

Oh but that is too much. So instead of everything being perfect all the time why not introduce some realism and make this life have challenges and failures so you will accept it? You still need to struggle, you still need to work to gain things. Then what difference is there? If you need to work to obtain things, how is that any different than this life?

If you don't need to struggle for anything then eventually you won't care about any of it. You will take everything for granted and not cherish anything. The reason you cherish things are because you know there is a chance you might lose it or never have it again.

Maybe you will just live in an illusion that mimics this existence but only up to the point of absolute failure (death) then you are magically protected or saved so you will never question how such a situation occured. If anything less than that happens then you will eventually find this existence to be unacceptable.

Tell me how is it that an after life will function, what to expect. How does a "day" carry out? What is there to do?
Krumple

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 01:29 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

Krumple wrote:
I love how you try so hard spade.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Thanks for the compliment/insult...I guess, I can come, to expect it....

See this is how dense you are. It was mockery spade. It always needs to be explained to you.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:48 am
@Krumple,
So?

Be a teacher instead of a doosh.

Krumple

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:52 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

So?

Be a teacher instead of a doosh.

You can't teach something if the person on the other end isn't willing to learn anything and they just wait to keep responding with their mantras. I don't care if you think I am a douche.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:55 am
@Krumple,
I didn't spell it that way so you know ...

Crap. A person will learn based on how they listen. Who they listen to is based on what is heard.

Smile

Simple really isn't it.
Krumple

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 03:17 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

I didn't spell it that way so you know ...

Does it matter how you spell it when you mean it how it sounds? Just because you spell it differently you are implying it differently? Really?

FOUND SOUL wrote:

Crap. A person will learn based on how they listen. Who they listen to is based on what is heard.

Smile

Simple really isn't it.

it's that same "political" front that is on this site. The continued deflection doesn't provide any resolve.

When I step in and say something in response and he sparks up even though he knows that I don't like him. It is because he knows that what I say is a danger to him. His method is to attempt to minimize my statements as much as possible but the only reason he responds is becasue he knows that what I say is true. You continue to protect him because he has convinced you that I am the bad person here.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 03:30 am
@Krumple,
Tongue in cheek.

Quote:
even though he knows that I don't like him
So you are just here to bully, getting your rocks off Smile

Quote:
It is because he knows that what I say is a danger to him.
Really, are you the Devil? He knows him too, he deals with that too.

but the only reason he responds is becasue he knows that what I say is true. So do you control in the bedroom? The woman? Or man IDK what sex you are. Is that how you live your life? Pushing your beliefs as a Scientist? Or belief of?

Quote:
You continue to protect him because he has convinced you that I am the bad person here.
I am glad that you have come to realisation that I protect him, I won't deny that for one second... Some get frustrated. I don't. The truth is, people will listen to those they believe in, after all the whole friggen thing about God is believing.... If I can help him in any way I will what is your point? I call him a friend and I mean it, you have just said that you are here to diss him, you don't like him... He knows that, seriously are you that closed minded that you think regardless of him wanting to learn that he doesn't see that?

Ha. Go somewhere else what is the point in being spiteful just because it makes you feel good.

Truth is, he may have something on some of the things and you debate because you don't believe, as you are a scientist... So he erks you, so do I now Smile
izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 04:53 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

There goes that ego again, what you say isn't a danger to anyone or anything.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:14 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
So you are just here to bully, getting your rocks off Smile

The fact that you can't see it for what it is. That you have to use a snide remak to offset the conversation only goes to back up my original statement. You aren't here to actually see things either. You wouldn't have to pose a question like that to try and derail the conversation. You imply that this would be my only motivation then. It only reveals that you are already captivated by his statements and don't care what gets discussed.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

Really, are you the Devil? He knows him too, he deals with that too.

There is no devil. There is no outside force. To bring this up you only give fuel to someone who wont take responsibility. You give an outlet to pass blame onto something else for wrong doings. You don't do any service by talking about a non-existing entity that would manipulate beings.

If such a being actually existed and manipulated people into doing wrong things. Then essentially no one, absolutely no one would be guilty of doing anything wrong because if they are manipulated by this evil being how could you blame them for doing something they were manipulated into doing? You see how dangerous this becomes to talk about something absurd as a devil or satan? No ofcourse you don't because you want to use it as an escape goat.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

So do you control in the bedroom? The woman? Or man IDK what sex you are. Is that how you live your life? Pushing your beliefs as a Scientist? Or belief of?

Yeah pushing my beliefs. That is funny. I see you accuse me of this yet he is innocent of it right? Yeah it is never the theist who pushes their beliefs it is always the person calling them out who is guilty of it.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

I am glad that you have come to realisation that I protect him, I won't deny that for one second... Some get frustrated. I don't. The truth is, people will listen to those they believe in, after all the whole friggen thing about God is believing.... If I can help him in any way I will what is your point? I call him a friend and I mean it, you have just said that you are here to diss him, you don't like him...

I never said that I don't like him. You want to know my position, don't invent aspects that are not there otherwise you are just as guilty. I never said that I did not like him.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

He knows that, seriously are you that closed minded that you think regardless of him wanting to learn that he doesn't see that?

Close minded to brainwashing? Yeah. Closed minded to something that is not supported by reality? You want me to suspend my reality to accept something that has no basis? Only the insane do that.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

Ha. Go somewhere else what is the point in being spiteful just because it makes you feel good.

You think I am. Why do YOU get to decide this? You are allowed to push someone off because you don't like what is being discussed? Because you think I am being spiteful. It is only because you don't see the danger that you want to protect it. That I am the bad person here that needs to shut up and go away.

FOUND SOUL wrote:

Truth is, he may have something on some of the things and you debate because you don't believe, as you are a scientist... So he erks you, so do I now Smile

That is not it. He asks the same things over and over again even after they are answered time and time again. As if no one has ever answered him. This time is no different. It is just another attempt at deflection as if it is brand new and never been discussed.
spendius

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:39 am
@Krumple,
Satan is a personification of all the natural urges human beings have which militate against organised civilised life in settled societies.

They exist. When referring to such forces we package them in one word. The temptations of Satan are the temptations of those urges.

Do you not believe those destructive urges exist?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 07:25 am
@spendius,
I don't think Krumple has moved beyond the concept of Urizen. This is 19th Century thinking which she pontificates as if it's some great revelation. A bit like knowing who shot JR.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:00 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
I don't think you really want me to get into every example. Not only would it take a lot of writing and explaining because everything needs to be spelt out exactly to detail because you can't infer anything. However; I will humor you and give you one great example of how it can not occur.

For one physics as we know it would have to be susspended. Now of course many people who don't understand physics would have no problem with this but they don't realize the implications of this.

Here is a funny example. When people talk about ghosts they talk about them walking around making noises or walking through walls or doors yet why doesn't the ghost fall through the floor or the earth? So the ghost has the ability to walk through what ever it wants but it still adheres to gravity and ground? It can will what is solid and what is not solid?......

That has NOTHING to do, with you trying to examine an afterlife from every different way....And has a lot more to do, with you trying to understand an afterlife....that if exists, can not be understood, in this life, like I said before...

So by doing this, you are not a superior thinker, and no one is suspending their rational thinking, in order to not even attempt to answer those questions, because the answer is, if an after life exists, no one on Earth knows those answers....That is the answer....If you believe that shows "proof" that an after life is not....That is fine with me....But it is a different thing entirely, when you believe you are a superior thinker for questioning this, to no avail, and anyone who believes an after life exists, must be suspending their rational thinking, or not thinking about these instances, or ones like it....And furthermore, it seems to me, that once again, you think that if you rational can not understand something, it must not be....But you are the one being irrational there, thinking that way....When a 7 year old girl, knows you can not explain those things....Unless you have been....That does not at all, mean you have heightened your rational thinking to think about those questions to no avail....That others do not....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:02 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
See this is how dense you are. It was mockery spade. It always needs to be explained to you.

I KNEW what it was! I guess you did not pick up on my mockery??? Wink Wink Very Happy
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:16 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
No ofcourse you don't because you want to use it as an escape goat.

Does anything else need to be said?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:31 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
It is because he knows that what I say is a danger to him. His method is to attempt to minimize my statements as much as possible but the only reason he responds is becasue he knows that what I say is true. You continue to protect him because he has convinced you that I am the bad person here.

Really????? Wow, thanks for telling me, how I feel about you!

It is all unfounded....And I do not think that what you say is just that brilliant....Though you think it is....That is just the bold, bare, truth about it....

Quote:

Your not a danger to me, and no one is...Unless they speak hate...I do not feel you are a danger, and hinder my words....Or are speaking utter brilliance, to which I have no answers for...I am sorry to inform you of this, if you actually believed that what you say to me, holds that much water...

Quote:
His method is to attempt to minimize my statements as much as possible but the only reason he responds is becasue he knows that what I say is true.

That is not at all what I am thinking...Or how I think...It sounds as though you are some closet serial killer of have a deep dark side, to speak like that...Or have some kind of guilty conscience about something, that you would even say this....But if you feel better, to try to keep saying I am the hateful guy, and are trying to manipulate people or something, go for it, I guess, if it makes you happy....They are smart enough to listen to words of wisdom, and reject bullshit...I am no Devil or anything, where I can deceive people with words, because the Devil is not real, remember? If I really am that stupid, and they are not....What is there for me to try to peddle to get them to accept? They would all just tell me I am ******* crazy, and to leave them alone, but they do not...Why? Either, We all are that ******* stupid.....Very hard to believe....Or either, you have unfounded beliefs about me, which you "think" are precise...And think you are some sort or holy warrior or something, by trying to warn people....When they do not need to be warned from me....I would not hurt anyone, at all....And am a man of peace, and Love....Even if I got off the shandies...now and again....The fact I do this...And admit I am wrong about it....And you see this as a weakness....And think I am perpetuating evil...Is wrong to do, indeed... But what you are doing, is just the same exact thing, you are trying to warn other people about me....For....And I, and they are smart enough to see this....that is why they do not believe what you say....Not at all to do with anything, about manipulating anyone...Or drudging them, or whatever the hell you said before...And I do not respond to you, because I KNOW it is true???....Seriously? Your ego is that big>? By that logic, by replying to everyone I do, must mean they are all true, in my eyes....Which they are not....Or if my views are different, I would respond to no one....

Quote:
You continue to protect him because he has convinced you that I am the bad person here.

I am very glad she is protecting me, if she is...And everyone who does...God will not forget that...Ever....And you have made yourself look like the bad person here....you can not blame that on me, or anyone else....Maybe people think you look bad because, you actually do? and it is no one else's fault but yours?

I take responsibility, when I act hateful...I have never seen you do it...FOUND, is very easy to get along with....Perhaps if you said you were sorry, rather than slamming me every chance you get...And acting condescending....And said, your hate is clearly unfounded....Maybe other people would not think you are up to no good? And not about me brainwashing them into thinking you are evil or something....??

You can keep going down that road if you would like too....And keep trying to convince other people...I am tricking them into thinking you are evil when you are not...But you are doing it all by yourself, and I have to say nothing...I am not to blame, for how others perceive you...And once you change your perspective on here...Other people, will change their opinions about you....And I can not do anything about that....It is all you!

And if I truly had the power to do that to people, and was that wicked...How the hell, is there no Devil???
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 02:48 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:

I see! So how the ****, am I actually clever enough, to fucken fool people, into thinking, you are a bad person?, if they truly do not believe that you are, on their very own??????? Idea 2 Cents
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 03:14 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
It is because he knows that what I say is a danger to him. His method is to attempt to minimize my statements as much as possible but the only reason he responds is becasue he knows that what I say is true. You continue to protect him because he has convinced you that I am the bad person here.

And I am trying to tell you, that sorry, what you say, does not hold that much significant value in my life, to even try to manipulated a sick, twisted plot, like that, to get people to think you are up to no good....I have no reason, at all, to do it? Do I? It tells me, you have some kind of dark side of you, you do not want to be exposed, and are paranoid about it....Or you are doing the very thing, you are warning other people about, about me....

So either, something is psychological off....Or you are purposely doing the same thing, your are saying I am guilty of doing....But am not....Why?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 04:54 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
The fact that you can't see it for what it is. That you have to use a snide remak to offset the conversation only goes to back up my original statement.

Wait, I sidetracked everyone, so they no longer are reading "your" words of a conversation? I see Wink

Quote:
You aren't here to actually see things either.
You are correct. I don't have to. I already know what I believe. I'm obviously here for a reason though aren't I.

Quote:
to try and derail the conversation.
Twice, now so you are obsessed with getting your point across and ensuring that it is heard.

Quote:
There is no devil. There is no outside force.
What if there is both... The bottom line is, you can't make that statement as factual because you don't know for sure. You can state that some people have serious mental problems that are due to scientific factors, medical factors, misfunctions of the brain.. And, that off course makes perfect sense and I do believe that to be factual. But, you can not say a Devil does not exist, until you are dead, then you can come back and whisper it into my ear if you were right or not, providing I out live you off course.

Quote:
If such a being actually existed and manipulated people into doing wrong things. Then essentially no one, absolutely no one would be guilty of doing anything wrong because if they are manipulated by this evil being how could you blame them for doing something they were manipulated into doing? You see how dangerous this becomes to talk about something absurd as a devil or satan? No ofcourse you don't because you want to use it as an escape goat.

Crock. Man has laws in place, break them you go to jaol or a mental institution, full stop. Their job is to establish whether the person was sane or not as to how they pass sentence. Which brings us back to evil, or mentally ill.
What is dangerous is, if there is a Devil and he starts messing with someone's mind to the extent that they commit evil.. Personally, I ensure I stay away from him, he wouldn't want me anyway, I'm not wicked enough for him.

Quote:
Yeah pushing my beliefs. That is funny.

Quote:
That you have to use a snide remak to offset the conversation

Quote:
to try and derail the conversation

ah ha.. It is funny, cause ya are ..

Quote:
You want me to suspend my reality to accept something that has no basis? Only the insane do that.
So you are right, he is wrong, I get it.

Quote:
It is only because you don't see the danger that you want to protect it. That I am the bad person here that needs to shut up and go away.

What is dangerous is that you don't believe in the Devil, yet you think that Spades is dangerous. And, so you are here to destroy every word he speaks.. That's dangerous.. He's quite switched on, he just has his own beliefs and they are not yours.. Why do people think that if someone believes in God and refuses to back down, keeps talking, that they are nuts and wrong, and dangerous.

You missed my point. I said, "so be a teacher" instead of insulting.. And, if you can't and you want to continue to insult, then what's the purpose of being on this thread? To wind someone up, or to continue to counter him, over and over, in hope that everyone will agree with your thoughts instead of his.... Scary isn't it.

Quote:
That is not it. He asks the same things over and over again even after they are answered time and time again. As if no one has ever answered him. This time is no different. It is just another attempt at deflection as if it is brand new and never been discussed.
So if that pisses you off why are you on this thread? See what I mean? No, off course not.

Shirt, I learn something and I can't quite grasp it, and so I ask over and over until it sinks in. Then I am set. Or, I learn something and it sinks in straight away so I've learnt.. What is your problem? Sheez. What sort of common sense is there (not) in that statement.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:33 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
You missed my point. I said, "so be a teacher" instead of insulting..

I never did learn very well from people who use insults. I do think that krumble did use a good analogy when talking about heaven though.

I see her point when it comes to people thinking that way but only to a point. We will not be able to get everyone to accept our viewpoint of reality because we all have variations in our perceptions.

I do not think that Ryan is much of a threat because he has no followers that share in his dreams nor does he have others that I am aware of that think like him about all the issues he talks about.
I do think that krumble is correct in saying that Ryan's type of thinking adds fuel to delusional thinking but there are many counter arguments to counter his thinking and I do not see a need for any of us to use derogatory when talking about these issues but we do have to admit that these conversations get a little heated and we can become emotional at times if we do not keep in check.