Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 01:50 am
@reasoning logic,
That's a bit rude don't you think RL?

I'll give you one Scientist that believes that reincarnation has scientific proof.

http://reluctant-messenger.com/reincarnation-proof.htm

Quote:
Probably the best known, if not most respected, collection of scientific data that appears to provide scientific proof that reincarnation is real, is the life's work of Dr. Ian Stevenson. Instead of relying on hypnosis to verify that an individual has had a previous life, he instead chose to collect thousands of cases of children who spontaneously (without hypnosis) remember a past life. Dr. Ian Stevenson uses this approach because spontaneous past life memories in a child can be investigated using strict scientific protocols. Hypnosis, while useful in researching into past lives, is less reliable from a purely scientific perspective. In order to collect his data, Dr. Stevenson methodically documents the child's statements of a previous life. Then he identifies the deceased person the child remembers being, and verifies the facts of the deceased person's life that match the child's memory. He even matches birthmarks and birth defects to wounds and scars on the deceased, verified by medical records. His strict methods systematically rule out all possible "normal" explanations for the child’s memories.

Dr. Stevenson has devoted the last forty years to the scientific documentation of past life memories of children from all over the world. He has over 3000 cases in his files. Many people, including skeptics and scholars, agree that these cases offer the best evidence yet for reincarnation.

Dr. Stevenson's credentials are impeccable. He is a medical doctor and had many scholarly papers to his credit before he began paranormal research. He is the former head of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia, and now is Director of the Division of Personality Studies at the University of Virginia.

In order to help the reader become familiar with Dr. Stevenson's work, a 1988 Omni Magazine Interview is reprinted below. Following the interview is a summary of one of Dr. Stevenson's most famous cases.

I think you are being nieve to think that I have to have had a drink to think like that.. I have always thought that. Now that I have googled, I've found I am not alone either in that thought pattern.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 01:55 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
How about we do this?

Firstly, the pictures were not posted for you Spades.. You were given a current picture, around 6 months old of me.

They were posted because RL questioned whether or not I would walk away from this man, if it was in fact really love, you never know attitude. I think if you are engaged it is because you want to spend the rest of your life with someone and following that you get married. Sure, we all can get that wrong, like everything in life, but I talk about him in reference in alot of threads and 2.5 years later, still engaged, not married, and older, wiser I know I have the one, that I want to spend the rest of my life with.

So............Smile Here is the thing. I am actually here, on this thread, so talking about me is disrespectful. From here, we squash winding Ryan up over me thanks. Appreciated.

I get what you are saying Ryan. Although, I am convinced RL is only having a bit of fun, but then is that right? You judged it for yourself, and you have to go with how you take things.

RL this is your main thread right? Ryan loves it when you banter, I can understand why he doesn't when you use my photos Smile Fair call ok.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 07:53 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
That's a bit rude don't you think RL?

Sorry about that I was only meaning that as a friendly joke. "that maybe you should question what you think is scientific evidence.

If we try hard enough we can find supporting information for most any position that we hold but it is is nice to see peer reviews and other scientists who have performed the same experiments with the same results showing that something is valid.

Quote:
Dr. Stevenson methodically documents the child's statements of a previous life. Then he identifies the deceased person the child remembers being, and verifies the facts of the deceased person's life that match the child's memory. He even matches birthmarks and birth defects to wounds and scars on the deceased, verified by medical records. His strict methods systematically rule out all possible "normal" explanations for the child’s memories.

Dr. Stevenson has devoted the last forty years to the scientific documentation of past life memories of children from all over the world. He has over 3000 cases in his files. Many people, including skeptics and scholars, agree that these cases offer the best evidence yet for reincarnation.

I wonder how many other scientist find Dr. Stevenson's work to be scientific.

Quote:
Many people, including skeptics and scholars, agree that these cases offer the best evidence yet for reincarnation.

There may be many people who believe in this but it does not make it true.
No harm intended toward you or others who think this way because I personally think that we all believe in things that are not true including myself but it does not make it true just because I think it is.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 08:05 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:

RL this is your main thread right? Ryan loves it when you banter, I can understand why he doesn't when you use my photos Smile Fair call ok.

I need to quit joking around with you two because it seems to be taken the wrong way at times. Wink
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:52 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
It has to do with someone being very wicked and evil, because of something I have said....And them doing an evil act...When I never put them down...And gave my opinion....And it happens to be different that there lifestyle....So they did a very wicked act...And it pisses me off...

Would you like to talk about it any further? Maybe we can help?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 03:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
Na, I had a long week, and specifically long day yesterday and twas not in a good mood, so wrote in that tone Smile I also noted Ryan came on, answered and left here. So, I felt that he has had enough. I did make note that I am convinced you are joking and I believe that RL Smile I just don't think I should be part of jokes as obviously it's upsetting Ryan, that's all.

Sure, some people would think that Scientist is nuts, some would think I am nuts, but understandably, as no one really knows and I doubt ever will, whilst alive, we are then left with choices with our beliefs. Having said that, he held a pretty good case there if you read the whole article and had alot of support of his findings.

Sorry RL (hug)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 05:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Would you like to talk about it any further? Maybe we can help?

No thanks mate...It does nothing good, at this point...And I am not mad about it anymore...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 05:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I need to quit joking around with you two because it seems to be taken the wrong way at times.

Thanks mate...I would like that, a lot...I am not mad, and I do not mind you joking with me....But I do not like jokes that involve 2 other people...And not yourself, When we are all friends....It does not make it look like a joke, even if you are....And I do not think, you were doing anything other than joking...But I do not think it was funny anymore...

If you would like to cut jokes on me...Fell free to say whatever you would like to say to me...But be prepared, to have to hear my jokes about you!! Wink Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 06:07 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

If you would like to cut jokes on me...Fell free to say whatever you would like to say to me...But be prepared, to have to hear my jokes about you

I would like to hear a good joke about me, do you have one?

It is not real funny but after the fact and no one got hurt it is a little.
My neighbor was helping me install a new well for my irrigation and neither one of us knew what we were really doing, well any ways it seems that a lot of pressure was building up in the pipe so we had to stand on it to keep it in the hole. I never could have imagined it taking off like a rocket and my neighbor did not let go in time and ended up in a puddle of water on the other side of the fence. Like I said I am so glad that he did not get hurt.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 06:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yes, it is crazy to think, that many people find things funny, on shows like Americas Funniest Home Videos....But we all know, that no one, thought it was funny, as some of those things were happening...Such as a person falling off of a table...Or Someone walking smack, into a glass door, or something....

It seems to be a part of humans, that we laugh about something, after we get past the part of realizing, someone could have gotten hurt bad...

Maybe humans, have a natural dark side to them, after all...Like you say...

But I happen to believe, it is humans having this mechanism in them, to get them to laugh about life, in general...Even the things that did not seem to be funny...Because in the end, it is still meant to be enjoyed...And is not a curse...Religious...or irreligious....

I don't know, if I know enough, about you, to make a joke, about you...But I could try...I hope, I do not hurt, your feelings, as it is just a joke...

Hey Logic...I found a youtube video...And it is a link to explain the existence of God...But it sums it up by explaining, the neurocognitive, explanations...of human characteristics, and brain wave functions...Such as swirl patterns etc...Along with the explanations of antisocial, and social behaviors...So in short, everything you have been looking for...But do not get upset at the fact...That he proves his points...By saying that He has found the correct perfect timing to cook a 56 cubic inch Sicilian Pizza, is 37.624 minutes...But there has to be at least 3 toppings, and one of them, must be Mushrooms!

As it is Youtube anyways!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink Wink Very Happy
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 06:31 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
a 56 cubic inch Sicilian Pizza,

Not trying to be disrespectful but the only part that I get is the pizza. It has been a month sense I had any pizza. It will be a couple of more months tell I get me a pizza but I bet I will remember you when I am eating it. Laughing
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 07:01 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I am sorry hun...I did seem to run...But it was because i had things to do...And my sleep was off the past 3 days...it wasn't because I was mad...Or didn't want to talk...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 07:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It was just a joke, playing around with your thoughts and youtube...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 07:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
What are you doing tonight mate?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 07:11 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
In 30 minutes I will be going to sleep. How about you?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 07:14 pm
@reasoning logic,
I will probably watch some sports...I have not watched baseball, Since the all-star game...And I have not updated my rosters, in fantasy sports...Luckily, in about half of them....I am so far ahead, right now...It does not matter, but I think that that is disrespectful, to other players...I try to be current all the time, even if I am, at the bottom...But I go a few days, and forget to update the rosters...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 07:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
I just updated them all...It has to have been close to a half an hr...And I am gonna go have a smoke....Have a great night Logic...I hope you have a great dream!

BTW...I have had a few dreams recently, with almost everyone, I know on here...Including, you, Izzy, Found...And even had one about Krumple!

The other night, I had a dream, about going up and down, in the Buddhist...Afterlife...And being born higher, and going lower...

It seemed, by the dream, the more afterlife's, and scriptures you read...the more paths your soul has to go thru to make it...That is what Jesus had said...And why I understand, why he says, people who read other scriptures are a cursed man...

Not sure how true it is...Or if you believe it...

But it was very interesting indeed! Have a great night!
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 07:36 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Have a great night!

Thanks Ryan. Smile

This may seem odd as well but I had a dream the other night that I died and went to heaven but I think it might bore you if I told you.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 02:02 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
My neighbor was helping me install a new well for my irrigation and neither one of us knew what we were really doing, well any ways it seems that a lot of pressure was building up in the pipe so we had to stand on it to keep it in the hole. I never could have imagined it taking off like a rocket and my neighbor did not let go in time and ended up in a puddle of water on the other side of the fence. Like I said I am so glad that he did not get hurt.

You dig a well so you can reach the water table, you don't fill a well up with water from the mains. That's a pond.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 02:12 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You dig a well so you can reach the water table, you don't fill a well up with water from the mains. That's a pond.

We jetted down a piece of pipe that was 2 inches in diameter which went down easy but when we jetted down a 4 inch casing "it was a different story. It acted like a hydraulic cylinder.