Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:07 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
What are "moral injustices" rl?

Maybe I should have worded that better but I thought that your logic would have picked up on it but what I was meaning were "immoral acts".
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm never going to watch your vids rl. They are too naive for me. The velvet glove contains a fist of iron.

You have been gratuitously milking the soft pap of the past for far too long.

Serious people are concerned with the future.
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Maybe I should have worded that better but I thought that your logic would have picked up on it but what I was meaning were "immoral acts".

Pointless, shirk the issue, drivel. Again.

The idea that Nazism should be attacked and driven into the sea was around in 1934. It was considered an immoral act at the time by most people.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:18 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
The only fire I like, is the one burning in my soul,

This is from Galt MacDermot's Take This Bread, A Mass In Our Time. MacDermot is more widely known for his musical work on the musical Hair This particular is notable for having the voice of the late Nell Carter. The recording while good, does not do true justice to her voice. The balance of the work (Take This Bread...) was equally good and displayed some wonderful talent.(yes, I have the album)
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:25 pm
@Sturgis,
It is amazing the different music taste over the years. That seems a few years before my time. I bet that many young people think that my music is far from what they desire.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:28 pm
@Sturgis,
Shall watch it when the house-hold is awake.

I'm feeling I'm old fashioned a bit. All these young ones RL, re-make old songs which has to say something of that era.. Now, it's rap and carp, i mean... Smile
Sturgis

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:31 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Not to fret. I was born old fashioned. (Or least old souled.)

Music is an odd item, what one likes another doesn't. There are young people who are deeply into music of the 1960s and 1970s where others don't like anything before the year 2000.

Hope you enjoy the video from above.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:33 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
The idea that Nazism should be attacked and driven into the sea was around in 1934. It was considered an immoral act at the time by most people.

What is your point Spendius are you a new student of moral philosophy or something? Is this going to be a new subject of study for you or "Are you going to be like most everyone else and think that you have all the understanding of ethics that you need?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:45 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
All these young ones RL, re-make old songs which has to say something of that era.. Now, it's rap and carp, i mean... Smile

Yeah it says that I am one of those listening to those remakes.

I here this is some what taken from something else but isn't all music borrowed to some degree or another.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 06:01 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Serious people are concerned with the future.

I would have thought that they would be more concerned with the here and now and what effects it will have on the future.

Quote:
I'm never going to watch your vids rl. They are too naive for me. The velvet glove contains a fist of iron.

Yeah Right but if I post something that strikes your fancy you will comment on it correct?

What is wrong or should I say naive about this video? Do you think it is misleading propaganda?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 02:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Spades, I agree with all that RL wrote to you, re-read it. I've told you time and time again, not to get angry and that you have to control that. There are ways as he stated in which to squash nicely or to beg the question as to why, or to counter-act.. Remember, we all are who we are, no one has the right to change us. We live in the World once, as who we are. As long as we don't hurt someone else, we have the right to be ourselves.

But it is a lose, lose..And I do not know what you want me to do...If I walk away, I am not being myself on here...If I reply, and argue...I am doing what I see, needs to happen, at times, though, I do agree it is not the best way....And if I substantiate myself...like I did...Then RL...and people like him...Have a problem with me not being clever enough...Do you think that maybe there are many people up against me? And I am a one man battle here...And get treated unfairly, by a lot?

So what do you think I should do?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 03:07 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Most of his teaching were moral truths and the ones that were not may have been placed there by people who were not moral.

Like you ask me, How do you know this, to be true?

Quote:
Most of what Jesus said was morally consistent and made good sense but there were a few quotes that should come under scrutiny.

But based on the Bible...They were all from him, or none were? Right? Why would some, then, be moral? And some not? (it has to do with your selective, acceptance...Not what is actually written)

Quote:
Does the below quote sound like something Jesus would be proud of saying?

Luke 19:27
Quote:

But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.

I can not make that call...I would say no...But if it is Gods way...Then I can not say, it is not...Nor can I say, I know it is not...

Quote:
The church was corrupt way before Jesus came into the picture, so we can rest assure that it was not his fault but man's fault. . .

If this is true...Then it does not answer whether Jesus wrote the above, or did not...It only talks about the future...

Quote:
Maybe God did not have anything to do with it and it was all of man's doing?

Then why would you believe that anything Jesus said is moral?, when he says he is God in the Flesh?...And that everything written, is supposed to be?...And everything not, will be taken out...?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 03:10 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Kinda makes you wonder what would be better, heaven or hell?

Really??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 2 Cents
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 03:11 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I'll take the garden of Eden, after I quit some sins, although I am not sure that they are sins anymore if Satan ensured man changed a large portion of the Bible Smile

I don't even believe, that Satan knows, what is written in the Bible...!! Idea
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 03:15 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
If Satan does exist he's supposed to be quite smart. Therefore he would know exactly what's written in all religious texts.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 04:21 am
@reasoning logic,
What's the "here and now" rl?

It is a mathematically infinitesimal point on a rolling continuum between the become and the becoming.

When the US thwarted the Suez operation in 1956 the consequences are the subject of your video.

The same in 1939.

I imagine that your latest video is so simplified for your entertainment that it is absurd.
spendius

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 04:24 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So what do you think I should do?

Join the Roman Catholic Church, submit to its discipline and refrain from preaching anything that its theologians have not approved over centuries of study.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 09:35 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:
Satan did it, he made man take over and write the Bible to suit his needs to ensure everyone went to Hell....

Do you actually know that someone said that to me ? Recently Smile

I think you miss the point of the statement. You are trying to take it at face value rather than explore what the person was trying to get at.

Think about it. If satan is the temptor wouldn't stand to reason that anything and everything is on the table if he is allowed "free reign" over the earth?

I mean it is absurd to assume that a book would be impossible to corrupt if this whole thing is suppose to be as it is discribed. But you know the history of these manuscripts that make up the bible have been proven to have edits, additions, omissions and alterations ascribed to them.

There is no pure consistent work because back then there were no printing presses that copied the work word for word. They had to hire people who could read and write to make copies by hand, word for word. These people would either due to lack of skill or some motivation would make "mistakes" or purposely cause "errors".

On top of all that there are no "original" manuscripts. They don't exist. All we have are hundreds of copies and no consistency between them. So you can see the statement isn't so far fetched when you actually explore it or investigate further rather than just take it as a blanket statement.
spendius

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 10:56 am
@Krumple,
Is that a part of your lesson notes for the 2nd grade Krumpie?

Which one of us do you think needed to be told those superficial banalities?

Satan's temptations are a mere euphemistic metaphor for our carnal urges in order to avoid mentioning them directly. A temptation is not worth a blow unless it tempts something that wishes to be tempted.

You sound like you believe Satan exists.

And who cares how the Bible is described? It stands alone defying description. It describes itself.

It's obvious you haven't read it in any meaningful way so what are you doing pontificating about it. Don't confuse descriptions of it with the thing itself. Descriptions have edits, additions, omissions and alterations as well. And much more.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 04:00 pm
@Krumple,
Actually Krumple. Anyone's ideas/thoughts on whether there is a Devil or God and what may have occured or is occuring I find fascinating.. Because there is no answer, here, in this lifetime as humans... Why else would I be on this Thread?

I had a further "conversation" on the matter with this particular person, as I found his thought pattern to be interesting... So I did explore it..

I've always maintained that the Bible is man made. Spendius's post corrected that slightly for me, as there really isn't a book available, written entirely upon Jesus's words. If, my belief is "don't read the Bible, it is filled with over-writes by man (who by the way could have been 'evil', tempted by the Devil to write such things and change such things) then there has to be a reason that I think that way myself....

That however, as I again have maintained does not mean I don't believe that Jesus did not and does not exist.

Every film, book you read has "good guy/ bad guy" it also has often, some hero...

Sound familiar ? Ever explored why man creates this? Smile

Quote:
So you can see the statement isn't so far fetched when you actually explore it or investigate further rather than just take it as a blanket statement.

May be worth your while to read up on someone to guage as to whether or not they would take a statement like that as a blanket statement, before making that claim against them.

0 Replies