Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 03:30 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

IDK Izzy, taking a leave out of RL's reply to Spades, in finding way in which to "speak" to people instead of an eye for an eye for instance, is possibly what Mr JC did as well, I mean some of his friends really went to town on Spades, yet he didn't although I think he has claimed in the past, Spades up-set him. He instead had a conversation with him that Spades didn't exactly know how to have back with him, so Spades chose the "nothing" remark..

If JC had put an evil grin, it may have played out different. Perhaps he was giving Spades the benefit of the doubt, you know? Like, ok, you copped shirt how will you react to my comment... Keeping the peace? I think JC Boy is one with a beautiful heart... Pretty evident when you read his posts and his passions in life, right down to planting a few plants.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, and believe me, if I thought Spades was using religion to spread hate, I eould be down on him like a ton of bricks, but I've seen no evidence of that at all. The exact opposite in fact. Bullying is bullying, and it's no different whether or not is a bunch of religious fanatics picking on someone for their sexual preference, or a bunch of gay men picking on someone just because of their religion.

I have seen JC's posts, and have pointed out that I thought he was one of the loveliest people on A2K, and he's not been involved in the bullying of Spades so far. When he first mentioned his pool party I gave him the opportunity to get his friends involved supporting GLBT equality worldwide. He chose not to comment on that, but instead tried to provoke a shocked response from Spades. He needs to make a choice, does he genuinely care about equality, or does he just want to try to shock and bully people who don't share his lifestyle.

By signing allout's petition, Spades has shown himself to be genuinely concerned with the rights of the GBLT community, that are suffering not discrimination, but persecution. I have yet to see a similar commitment on the part of JCBoy. Is this about equality, or just trying to upset people that are different from you?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 03:46 am
@izzythepush,
I don't know about these petitions Izz. I still don't believe he was trying to provoke Spades... I don't think he was at that pool either Smile But, to just converse somewhat.

JC has a good heart, very good. Spades is 30 and he has to be able to handle himself by now at that age, he is not a child.

Again, if JC had put an evil grin then he's dissing, but he didn't ... He may be wary of Spades based on his past experience, but if he was out to laugh and poke fun, he would have added more .. Or more importantly he wouldn't have asked Spades why he would feel un-comfortable in the manner in which he asked...

Or he's cheeky and we all get that, lets face it. And, if that's the case, he still wasn't being offensive to Spades.

Gawd, I can give it sometimes in that cheeky field can't help myself, it's my personality being a Gemini. Smile

So if you feel he's one of the loveliest people and you have seen no evidence so far of bullying, give him the benefit of the doubt, I think Spades did.

We all rally around and stick up for Spades I get that. Spades you say you can stand up for yourself, but ya get friggen angry as that "stand up" , not cool... So we come in.... Smile

Lastly, JC would have written, and can you visualise us all in that pool Spades, want to join? You don't have to be Gay. If he was giving ****... cheeky or trying, one of the two. See what I mean? Wink
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 03:53 am
@izzythepush,
PS.

I LOVE Pimms and lemonade, with lime and lemon in it, in Summer.

We have it every year with BBQ's.

Also thanks for your thoughts on my comments on that Video always appreciate your research to help reply ... Don't care how YOUNG I am Smile It's always good to get in touch with History. Buildings are my favourite being a Real Estate Agent off course Smile
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 04:24 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Australia and Britain are a lot closer culturally. I can't think of one American who could stomach either marmite or vegemite. I like both, not together though.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:00 am
@izzythepush,
Do you know this peanut jelly thing got me for a long time like WTF? Then I established it was jam and peanut butter, quite smart really not sure If I could do it more than the once that I did Smile

Potatoe, patata same .....................
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:15 am
@FOUND SOUL,
They call jelly jello, I don't know why.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:50 am
@izzythepush,
Same with biscuits they are scones. Our white sauce is gravy?

I remember being in America and they had limited buscuits, we have like 20 , they have like 5... Kit Kats? Just arrived there I believe.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 06:12 am
@FOUND SOUL,
American chocolate isn't up to much anyway.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 07:02 am
@FOUND SOUL,
An estate agent eh? We know all about the credibility of estate agents. Apart from the under 5s I mean.
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 01:44 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

John. Chapter 20. Verse 23.

Hence the need for an authoritative organisation to decide what are sins. Any individual deciding what are or are not sins is a heretic.
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 01:52 pm
@spendius,
And one for the compassionate--

Quote:
22:35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Gospel of St. Luke.

I don't think anybody on here has read the Bible remotely properly.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 02:50 pm
@spendius,
Mr Spendius... They are actually called " Car Salesmen".. A line I often use as to why I downsized my Franchise, to "just me", as I had wanna be's and Car Salesmen working for me. A girl has to do what ever it takes to keep her repuatation Wink
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 02:59 pm
@spendius,
Jesus knew that to escape the nightmare that life was in those days it would be necessary to fight and that the doctrine of peace, goodwill and love would be resisted and that a failure to fight for it would result in the nightmare being permanent for the human race until the end of time causing so much suffering that the suffering in the fight would be insignificant beside it.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 03:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Most of his teaching were moral truths and the ones that were not may have been placed there by people who were not moral.

Quote:

Why do you believe that the other ones were?

Most of what Jesus said was morally consistent and made good sense but there were a few quotes that should come under scrutiny.

Quote:
And then why would you believe that the immoral ones were not him?

Does the below quote sound like something Jesus would be proud of saying?

Luke 19:27
Quote:
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.

Quote:
In other words, it would all be corrupt or All be him? No? How would God allow most of it to be in there and moral, but immoral stuff that is not to be, be?

The church was corrupt way before Jesus came into the picture, so we can rest assure that it was not his fault but man's fault.
There has been corruption in the church before Jesus even entered the picture. Do you think that the money changers came into the picture the day Jesus was born? No! they have been well established for a very long time and people were amazed to see someone stand up to these money changers "unlike most religious leaders, who have there bread buttered by money changers today"
There will always be wolves among us because that is the way their brains work but we are the greater fools for not speaking about the current affairs of our time.
Jesus seen the corruption, Have there been any other brave Christians who spoke out against other corruptions by business tycoons sense then or did they not want to follow Jesus as well? When are there going to be many more followers of Christ who will speak up about the moral injustices around the world or at least in their own communities.

Quote:
How would God allow most of it to be in there and moral, but immoral stuff that is not to be, be?

Maybe God did not have anything to do with it and it was all of man's doing?
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 03:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me

Dylan says something similar in Ain't Talking--

"Now I'm all worn down by weeping
My eyes are filled with tears, my lips are dry
If I catch my opponents ever sleeping
I'll just slaughter 'em where they lie. "

I think he sang "I'll slaughter 'em in their beds where they lie" when I saw him sing this stunning song.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 04:36 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Does the below quote sound like something Jesus would be proud of saying?

Jesus
Satan

Bible
Man Made

Satan did it, he made man take over and write the Bible to suit his needs to ensure everyone went to Hell....

Do you actually know that someone said that to me ? Recently Smile
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 04:37 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I think he sang "I'll slaughter 'em in their beds where they lie" when I saw him sing this stunning song.

Did you like that stunning quote Jesus made as well?

What would be your answer to this mans question in the video? His question is
"At the end of the day is it possible to instill morality and ethics into something like banking?

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 04:41 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Satan did it, he made man take over and write the Bible to suit his needs to ensure everyone went to Hell....

Do you actually know that someone said that to me ? Recently

Kinda makes you wonder what would be better, heaven or hell?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 04:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
The only fire I like, is the one burning in my soul, if you get my drift, or the one burning in my lounge-room on cold winter nights like now Smile

I'll take the garden of Eden, after I quit some sins, although I am not sure that they are sins anymore if Satan ensured man changed a large portion of the Bible Smile
spendius

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 05:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
What are "moral injustices" rl?