Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

spendius

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Hypatia in a video. Where was that?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:21 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Krumple, (or should that be krumpelle), has gone from being a pain in the arse know-it-all preachy Christian into a pain in the arse know-it-all preachy Atheist. Very little appears to have changed, there may no longer be a god, but she still believes she's so important, and we should all think like her.

Woop-de-*******-doo.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:27 pm
@izzythepush,
How was your day mate?

I hung by the pool a bit...

Did you read the pm? Sorry mate!
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:47 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I thought you said, you do not drink?

I slipped up and had a few to many last night but I am back to being without again.

Quote:

So only Christ like people are only supposed to act that way?

They should certainly try harder being that they claim to see the great moral teachings of Jesus and that they are also representatives of him. This is how I see it any way. I wish that we all would try but those who can see are the ones who can show the rest of us the way, isn't this how adults are suppose to be to the little ones who are observing us? Not that I am claiming that we have little ones among us.

Quote:
Why is a Christ like person, not expected to make mistakes....?

No one has ever claimed that they were not able to make mistakes that I am aware of. But I do think that they should be the first to bring resolution to a conflict if they are going to represent moral truths.

Quote:
Why do you do it?

I try to be respectful because I see value in doing so.

Quote:
Why do some atheists then say, they are for "progressing humanity"?

For the same reasons that theist do it, "because they care.

Quote:
What does "progressing humanity" actually mean, from your perspective?

It means to help bring moral and other changes to the world so that our mores and our environment is better than what they are at the present.

Quote:

So then you agree, that I should not have shared mine with her?

I agree that an eye for an eye is not the answer.

Quote:
But when I did, she did not respond....Why do you think that is?

I am not sure but do you think that it could have been possible for you to have found a more clever way of bringing the good out in her like you have done for others in the past?

Quote:
No, I do not think you should...I do not think you ever should...I do not believe anyone on here is actually a sociopath...I do not believe the people on here, talking about intelligent things are sociopaths...I think we all go off the handle at times...That is all...

I agree that we all loose it from time to time.

Quote:
.I do not believe anyone on here is actually a sociopath.

Being a sociopath is not necessarily a bad thing, it is no worse than a person being blind in my opinion. Have you ever asked if people were sociopaths? You do realize that some people will claim to be and they may talk about it sometimes if you ask them. There are sites where you can talk to them if you truly have an interest, Who knows there may be some among us who will talk about it. Experts claim that 1 in 20 people are full blown sociopaths, I do not know if this is accurate.

Quote:

The problem with what you said above...Is because when you explain it to me, you STILL point out that I could have said it nicer...Why?

I am not exactly sure why, could it be because you will listen?

Quote:
.If someone attacks me, I see that as fair game...to do the same...

Again is this truly who you want to be?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 05:54 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Reasonable, I'm been drinking Pimms.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I'm been drinking Pimms.

I never heard of that what is it?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I slipped up and had a few to many last night but I am back to being without again.

I am glad, as long as that is what you want...I had a half a beer today...And I remember why I do not even like alcohol

Quote:
They should certainly try harder being that they claim to see the great moral teachings of Jesus and that they are also representatives of him. This is how I see it any way. I wish that we all would try but those who can see are the ones who can show the rest of us the way, isn't this how adults are suppose to be to the little ones who are observing us? Not that I am claiming that we have little ones among us.

This sounds to me...Like you really are not an atheist...But are a closet Christian...And I do not mean to tell you who and what you are...But it sounds like you are saying that The teachings of Jesus, are not bullshit after all...Not that you ever used that word either...

Quote:
No one has ever claimed that they were not able to make mistakes that I am aware of. But I do think that they should be the first to bring resolution to a conflict if they are going to represent moral truths.

How come? Are Christians somehow more correct about things than others are? If not...Then it would not matter...If so, again it sounds like you are being bit by the Jesus Bug! Wink Just kidding mate...I got ya...But what you are saying...Is backing up Christians...

Quote:
I try to be respectful because I see value in doing so.

But you are not a Christian? Why? Why are more atheists not like you, in that regard? Why do you believe that Christians should be? If no God exists...Should it not all be the same across the board?

Quote:
It means to help bring moral and other changes to the world so that our mores and our environment is better than what they are at the present.

How would a Christian go above this? If there is no such thing as God?

Quote:
I agree that an eye for an eye is not the answer.

So then I should have shared it? But in a better way? I get that...I find it very hard for me to do...One of my faults...as a Christian...But I like how I always admit to it...And I do not see many others doing it...I think that frees someone from total hypocrisy...Where as not addressing it...Is worse...

Quote:
I am not sure but do you think that it could have been possible for you to have found a more clever way of bringing the good out in her like you have done for others in the past?

I don't know...I feel she has so much hate for me...I probably would not have been able to do it...I think she would have to come to grips with the fact, I made my point...And address me, as an equal to her...I do not know how someone will act, if I can not judge who they are, and how they act....In other words...I can only help, if someone wants to be helped....If they despise me...I will probably not be able to alter that opinion about me...

Quote:
Being a sociopath is not necessarily a bad thing, it is no worse than a person being blind in my opinion. Have you ever asked if people were sociopaths? You do realize that some people will claim to be and they will talk about sometimes if you ask them. There are sites where you can talk to them if you truly have an interest, Who knows there may be some among us who will talk about it. Experts claim that 1 in 20 people are full blown sociopaths, I do not know if this is accurate.

The way you describe it, when you say it...Sounds like you mean it in a negative way...

But in any event, I have no Idea, if that is accurate or not...It would all depend on what the person who made that point..."thought" a full-blown sociopath actually was....

Quote:
I am not exactly sure why, could it be because you will listen?

Thanks mate! I think you listen very well also...

Quote:
Again is this truly who you want to be?

No, not at all...I know it is wrong to do...But I still do not understand how to get people to realize their irrational behavior, without experiencing a taste of it...themselves...the turn the other cheek...thing is great...But it is not practical...No one is as strong as Jesus was...and can not get people to accept they are wrong with just a stare, or a non answer...And if you do it in the world, you will be walked all over as a Christian...I am still trying to figure that one out...And walk away...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Is it good? What does it taste like? is it dark? light? etc...
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:20 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
This sounds to me...Like you really are not an atheist...But are a closet Christian..

I have always claimed to be a Christian atheist.

Quote:
it sounds like you are saying that The teachings of Jesus, are not bullshit after all.

Most of his teaching were moral truths and the ones that were not may have been placed there by people who were not moral.

Quote:
.the turn the other cheek...thing is great...But it is not practical.

Tell that to Jesus. It is not like some one has slapped you physically because I could see your point in that.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:21 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I looked it up and it seems that it might be fruity like a wine cooler.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Most of his teaching were moral truths and the ones that were not may have been placed there by people who were not moral.

Why do you believe that the other ones were? And then why would you believe that the immoral ones were not him? And the way it is? In other words, it would all be corrupt or All be him? No? How would God allow most of it to be in there and moral, but immoral stuff that is not to be, be?

Quote:
Tell that to Jesus. It is not like some one has slapped you physically because I could see your point in that.

I see your point...I am gonna continue to walk away...Or ask for some kind of clever explanation...So that it is not a nasty fight...Thanks mate! Wink Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy Idea
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 06:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I looked it up and it seems that it might be fruity like a wine cooler.

I would be down for a nice margarita right now...Or even better a long Island Ice tea!!!...

This is no joke...Back about 6 years ago...I would go drink every Friday and Saturday night...And I would drink, 5-5 shot long island drinks, in about a 2 or 3 hr span....
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 07:47 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I have never been to a naked pool party...I probably would be embarrassed, to be naked, in front of people, I do not know

What do you find embarrassing about that? Just curious.

So there is 40 naked people at a pool party, there is nothing sexual about it. Mostly just swimming in the nude, we put our shorts on before BBQ’ing Cool
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 08:09 pm
@jcboy,
Nothing at all... mate! hope you had a great time! Cool
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 08:20 pm
Hope you had a splendid day, my love! This is for you! Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Crying or Very sad

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 11:04 pm
@spendius,
Pfttttttttttt Smile I thought that was the womans name in that Video.

Hey, I am claiming a blonde moment just because !!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 01:36 am
@reasoning logic,
It's a long fruity drink it's very English and is associated with the summer, although we've not had much of that this year.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 02:51 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Quote:
I have never been to a naked pool party...I probably would be embarrassed, to be naked, in front of people, I do not know

What do you find embarrassing about that? Just curious.

So there is 40 naked people at a pool party, there is nothing sexual about it. Mostly just swimming in the nude, we put our shorts on before BBQ’ing Cool

Not all of us have such well-toned gym-sculpted bodies that we would want our less than perfect bodies to be put up to ridicule by the beautiful people. I'm sure there were plenty of anxious men concerned that their embryonic moobs/love handles may be the subject of a rather catty conversation later on.

I'm curious as to why you felt the need to tell Spades, in such graphic detail, about your plans for the afternoon. Not just a pool party, but an all male naked pool party. Can't you just enjoy yourself without secretly hoping that certain people are going to be shocked/outraged by what you're getting up to? Your comments put me in mind of a teenage girl telling her rather stuffy father that she is seeing the local bad boy, not because she has genuine feelings for him, but because she wants to see the shocked look on her father's face. I'm sure Jason Goldman would have obliged with typical hysterical quotes from Leviticus and plenty of references to 'uncircumcised Philistines.'

When you were enjoying yourselves, did you give any thought to the gay community in the Ukraine, for whom an all male naked pool party is pure fantasy? A community where, should Friday's controversal anti-gay law get passed, two men can go to jail just for holding hands in public. Spades, like RexRed and RL have signed 'allouts,' petitions, because they're genuinely concerned about the human rights of the GBLT community world wide. You were very angry about your state refusing to allow you to enter a same sex marriage, but so far have not demonstrated any concern for the rights of the GBLT community in countries where they just dream about being able to go about their lives without harassment, beatings and imprisonment.

Is it, that like BillRM and Hawkeye, you're only really concerned about those laws that personally affect you? Spades, even though he's not gay, has shown concern for the human rights of the GBLT community in Bulgaria and the Ukraine. I've not seen any such concern from you, you appear to be more interested in enjoying yourself, and attempting to shock.

This is a link to their homepage, now you've not got an excuse just to concern yourself with the rights of the GBLT community in your part of Florida. There are many who just want to be able to walk the streets without fear.

http://www.allout.org/
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 03:04 am
@izzythepush,
IDK Izzy, taking a leave out of RL's reply to Spades, in finding way in which to "speak" to people instead of an eye for an eye for instance, is possibly what Mr JC did as well, I mean some of his friends really went to town on Spades, yet he didn't although I think he has claimed in the past, Spades up-set him. He instead had a conversation with him that Spades didn't exactly know how to have back with him, so Spades chose the "nothing" remark..

If JC had put an evil grin, it may have played out different. Perhaps he was giving Spades the benefit of the doubt, you know? Like, ok, you copped shirt how will you react to my comment... Keeping the peace? I think JC Boy is one with a beautiful heart... Pretty evident when you read his posts and his passions in life, right down to planting a few plants.

I have to admit though I was visualising all these naked men who are so cute and toned and good looking and un-available and went DAMN.. But then again, my fiance knows I may comment, visualise but I'm never interested beyond that, as love got in the way.

Smile

I think it's nice though that you just took the time to write all of that, much like I do, in defense of someone that means well just well...............

Spades, I agree with all that RL wrote to you, re-read it. I've told you time and time again, not to get angry and that you have to control that. There are ways as he stated in which to squash nicely or to beg the question as to why, or to counter-act.. Remember, we all are who we are, no one has the right to change us. We live in the World once, as who we are. As long as we don't hurt someone else, we have the right to be ourselves.

When was the last time you slept? I still think that your mixed feelings, anger come out when you haven't been sleeping.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 03:27 am
@FOUND SOUL,
grrr (leaf) not leave .......
0 Replies