Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 07:45 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

just a simple question, why was my link removed? did I do some infrindgement that I am unaware of? why are youtube links post-able but not others? just curious, so I know for the future, thanks....

go to the bottom of the page - click on contact us - ask the moderators about the link
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:18 am
@BillRM,
who says there hoaxes? that was a person(s) people's explainations....I don't believe for a second, that millions of people worldwide, in thousands of churches world wide, decided to "try" to make it "appear" as though statues of Mary are consistantly weeping tears of holy water or Blood...is a MORE plausible position, than they are happening 99.9% to every one out of a thousand hoaxes worldwide...Proving to me, that the story of Mary, and or Jesus, (because I did not send links of Jesus weeping etc...but have seen them) ARE genuine!....nor do I believe in such (hoaxed explainations) as to a Stigmata....is a Pyschosomatic manifestion...rather, than the proof of the existance of a man named Jesus lived, and preached...and if that much is true to me, than he is trustworthy, or genuine, and therefor, I have NO REASON to question his ressurection....simply put...if you call me delusional...than do so, if you feel "you MUST" ....I can go on and on about how there s no "proof" or "evidence" to EVER prove certain things that exist...and there is no way of ever "trying" to prove or disprove.... others....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:22 am
@ehBeth,
thanks...I will send them an email....
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:27 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
who says there hoaxes? that was a person(s) people's explainations

The Catholic church in one case.................

Quote:
I have NO REASON to question his ressurection....simply put..

There is zero proof that the man even exist yet alone that he was ressurection.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:33 am
@BillRM,
[/quote]exactly ONE case...out of how many? I'm guessing thousands....

Second

Quote:
There is zero proof that the man even exist yet alone that he was ressurection.

just as much as there is ZERO proof or chance you can "prove" to me that a stigmata is a "psychosomatic manifestation"
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:45 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
stigmata is a "psychosomatic manifestation"

Look up the term occam's razor.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 09:19 am
@BillRM,
o.k. now look at this....

your lying through your teeth to say science and education refutes Christianity...

look up the FACT, that science and education DOES not refute Christianity...in the fact that 70 of EVERY 100 universities in the US were STARTED by CHRISTIANS...there was a scientist, (sorry I can't find his name) who said something to the effect of, I am a watchmaker...I design the watch and therefor, the watch has a designer...I would be a FOOL to think that the universe was created and there was no creator....or many astronomers from the university of Arizona, when gazing at the stars and space, who believe God exists...google University of Arizona...and belief in God....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 10:05 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
btw...the University of Arizona in VERY good in science and Astronomy....

0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 10:11 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
look up the FACT, that science and education DOES not refute Christianity...in the fact that 70 of EVERY 100 universities in the US were STARTED by CHRISTIANS...
Science does refute religion, the two are contradictory. As far as the number of universities started by Christians, I'm really not surprised. With the vast about of people that claim the Christian faith, I would be really surprised if that number was even remotely low. This information doesn't have anything to do with science not refuting religion however.
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
there was a scientist, (sorry I can't find his name) who said something to the effect of, I am a watchmaker. I design the watch and therefor, the watch has a designer... I would be a FOOL to think that the universe was created and there was no creator
You would be a fool to think that the universe was created with no creator ,but that would be based on the assumtion that it was actually created. There is no proof what-so-ever of this universe actually being created, least of all by the god of Christianity or any of the other mainstream deities.
Chights47

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 10:15 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
... Rather than the proof of the existance of a man named Jesus lived, and preached...and if that much is true to me, than he is trustworthy, or genuine, and therefor, I have NO REASON to question his ressurection....simply put...if you call me delusional...than do so, if you feel "you MUST".
Here's a video poking fun at the ridiculous idea of Jesus, It's a little crude and vulgar in someplaces but it's not overly too bad I don't think.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 10:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
would be a FOOL to think that the universe was created and there was no creator

Now there where the old watch maker logic come to an end if you can not had a universe and humans in it without a god<watchmaker> the next question that come to mind is how can you had a god without a even greater god creating him.

Sound like you end up with a never ending serial of ever more powerful watchmakers and our god would be very low down on the totem pole indeed as he is not creating a god just lowly humans.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 10:44 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
You would be a fool to think that the universe was created with no creator ,but that would be based on the assumtion that it was actually created. There is no proof what-so-ever of this universe actually being created, least of all by the god of Christianity or any of the other mainstream deities.

o.k. for me it is MORE plausible to believe there IS a creator RATHER than life springing from the odds of roughly 1 to the 123rd power....let alone people who evovle from NOTHING to write like Shakespear, or engineer and fly planes etc...as far as NOT by a Christian God over other deities....look at the facts...does Jesus look more RELIGHABLE than Mohammed? Buddha etc....I think he does....and even scientist alike say the universe was created in a big bang theory....and by using the size it expands they can guestimate how long ago it began....I would say that's credible....if you think science is the answer, please explain how these scientist are wrong with scientific explainations...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 10:49 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sound like you end up with a never ending serial of ever more powerful watchmakers and our god would be very low down on the totem pole indeed as he is not creating a god just lowly humans.

wrong...because why would he have to create other Gods? and I think we can agree that humans is the highest life form alive...we have free choice to NOT even except him if we chose....if your not willing to accept God, (if he does exist) why would you want to be forced to believe in him? your choice is evident....you WANT and DESIRE free will....(in my opinion) (and so do I, by the fact I sin also) and if we past the tests and enter Heaven, where deemed Christ-like...I would kinda call that a God creating the highest thing possible to himself...where we still OBEY him, but at the same time are in eternal euphoria

if you think about it, it really isn't possible (if God exists) for us to be a God with Him, when were not God esk at all in our lives...and if he made us Gods, whose to say we would OBEY him? therefor, it would easily be seen this logic wouldn't ever work...(assuming God exists) there must be One living God, and Only ONE...
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 10:58 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I think we can agree that humans is the highest life form alive

In the whole universe of billions of galaxies you know that we are the highest life form alive?

Not likely at all...................
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 11:01 am
@BillRM,
my friend, use occam's razor here? what facts do you have to support there is life higher than humans who exist??
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 11:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
The science of probability couple with with what we currently know about the size of the universe and how common others planets are around others stars mean that the likelihood that we are the most advance life form in the universe is near zero.
Chights47

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:52 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
o.k. for me it is MORE plausible to believe there IS a creator RATHER than life springing from the odds of roughly 1 to the 123rd power....let alone people who evovle from NOTHING to write like Shakespear, or engineer and fly planes etc...
That's the problem, you jump directly from nothing to now, you don't understand the vast complex process in which made all of this come about. If you change anything in that 1 to the 123rd power probability that made the universe as we know, you would have a completely different universe.
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
as far as NOT by a Christian God over other deities....look at the facts...does Jesus look more RELIGHABLE than Mohammed? Buddha etc....I think he does....and even scientist alike say the universe was created in a big bang theory....and by using the size it expands they can guestimate how long ago it began....I would say that's credible....if you think science is the answer, please explain how these scientist are wrong with scientific explainations...
I was referring to all of the personal god's and all of the dogma's associated with them (that includes your god, allah, shiva, wotan, zeus, thor, and all the other gods that you can think of). If there does so happen to be god that created the universe then it would be in a non personal way such as Einstein's version of a god. As far as how scientists can be wrong with their explainations, I'll direct you to this video:
0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
we have free choice to NOT even except him if we chose....if your not willing to accept God, (if he does exist) why would you want to be forced to believe in him? your choice is evident....you WANT and DESIRE free will....(in my opinion) (and so do I, by the fact I sin also) and if we past the tests and enter Heaven, where deemed Christ-like...I would kinda call that a God creating the highest thing possible to himself...where we still OBEY him, but at the same time are in eternal euphoria
Just so you know, god actually providing any real evidence of his existence wouldn't have any impact on free will and would save billions from hell...yet ANOTHER reason why your god is a douche.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 03:02 pm
@BillRM,
no incorrect...your trying to back peddle now....first you told me you use math, science and physics....then told me to go and use occam's razor...(which in a nutshell for others to understand in case they don't) is basically saying use the MOST plausible outcomes UNTIL proven otherwise....o.k.

1. No one can ever "prove" beyond ANY kind of Hypothesis's that there are billions of "other" galaxies....do I believe the universe is extremely vast? yes, does ANYONE know with certainty there are in fact billions of other galaxies? NO, it's speculation, and goes against your very principal of occam's razor...(which you stated you acknowledge not me) So basically your believing, or not believing what someone else says, and that's it....kinda like you denying that Jesus lived on earth....

2. I will go with on the whole here for what MOST scientist will say....because there are almost infinate theory's out there....you can NOT prove beyond any kind of hypothesis's that life sprang inatomitly....which goes against occam's razor...and again is either believing or NOT believing based on what someone says....

3. If life sprang inatomitly, the odds are probably around 1 to the 123rd power of existance from NOTHING, from nothing to humans, ....let alone higher capable people....let ALONE greater beings, what scientist, thinks this is credible?

4.these are the facts! if The world was slightly closer toward the sun...life would not exist, the world would be too hot to sustain life, if we were slightly farther from the sun, the world would be too cold to sustain life....so in short, other than our known solar system and sun, there is "NO PROOF" ANY KIND of life even CLOSE to our exists out there...let alone greater things, again going against occam's razor....and YOU believing it's true because someone stated it, and AGAIN no way to ever prove that...so again, I will believe it doesn't exist, UNTIL I "see" otherwise"

5. read this whole link, ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_habitability) and tell me where it says ANYWHERE on the whole thing, and in billions of galaxies, with billions of stars, and millions of planets...where SCIENTISTS HYPOTHESIS' SAY, there is ANY KIND OF SUPPORT OF LIFE GREATER THAN WHAT SCIENTIST SAY SIMPLE CELLED ORGANISM EXIST!! IF AT ALL in ALL of these BILLIONS of GALAXIES!

6. So again, using occam's razor, I will see it is MORE plausible to believe Humans are the greatest life, UNTIL we "see" otherwise....

7. if you in fact believe in Aliens, or something as great or greater than humans, tell me using occam's razor, why you don't accept things on earth here (that are just as conceivable,) such as spirits, here on earth, BEFORE believing in "greater life" than humans on foreign planets? when NO scientist can "prove beyond hypothesis" or word-of-mouth that ANY kind of life exists...let alone "greater" beings than humans....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 03:05 pm
@Chights47,
who said that billions are going there? what if in the end, not one is lost? would you think differently about God? rather than labeling him a douche, because you "feel" he's wrong if he exists....and if God truly revealed himself to us all, it would be the end...and either we would have to accept him, or deny him, so therefor, it would destroy free will as we know it today....that is why Jesus said, I give you piece, piece is my gift, and why people (if ever) are NOT being struck down....which according to MOST atheist, when the Heavenly Father did this in the Old Testament, most Atheists, say God was MORE of a douche, than he is for giving us piece...so please explain what you would like God ( if he exists) to do for you, without some attack against what billions view as sacret...in saying something like ragman's if Jesus got me laid regularly, I'd think he's swell...