Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 08:18 am
@spendius,
Quote:
It not only matters Spade, it is the crux of the argument.

As I have explained.

OK, to logic, from a honest standpoint....

I have no Idea what other Christians think or do not think about the subject, I believe most believe Homosexuality is wrong....

I persoanlly believe it all matters with your heart as to what your relationship to God is, despite being gay or not...

If there is a such thing as the 7 deadly sins, I guess no one is gonna be in Heaven...

And I guess Moses did not make it to Heaven, Nor was he the first Prophet, cause he killed a Man, and neither is Elijah a man in Heaven, nor a prophet, as he killed children for calling him old baldy...

The only deadly sin that exists is the ultimate denial of Jesus Christ...

So it does not bother me if someone is gay, and I would never think stoning them is a good thing...

I think God scribed those things to ultimately test people about What is righteous, and unrighteous...

Because if Love thy neighbor as thyself, is the second most important thing, It auto trumps killing or stoning a homosexual...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 08:22 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Of course we will change the church's view on morality, it is our job silly.

You have no chance.

You don't realise that civilisation is a process in which all the crucial decisions are made in the springtime. Just as the foundations of a building come first. The relations between men and women are a foundational issue.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 08:26 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I can only guess that even you would agree with Bill about what he thinks that the Christians are being idiots about, when they do the things he was talking about and if not please explain.

I think everyone is an idiot when they are being immoral...There is no difference...Except for the fact that a person like him, thinks that Christians are immoral, for saying not to hurt anyone, and doing it, and ultimately doing it himself, as he is not a Christian, does not mean he is being moral....There is no free pass, with morality...Especially if you think Jesus' had good things to say!

Quote:
I was not trying to go into a discussion about Bill's morality but rather was curios if you thought that what he was stating about "most" Christians was accurate

From the view point of Jesus, yes he is accurate, but he also is not...Every Christian knows they are immoral...and every Christian knows that Faith is the only way to be saved, not good works...And it is even worse for him to play the card of, I can do those things because I do not believe in Jesus, If he believes Jesus' teachings were moral...If he does not, I would love to hear what he thinks is moral?? Violence?

Quote:
and if it is true is it possible that the church that they are going to is teaching them this immorality?

Of course it is, as everyone is immoral...But it is also possible, they pick up this immorality from listening to atheists....Is it not??? And Church is their rock, where they admit their immorality...What does Bill do about this? Where does he go??
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 08:33 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Of course it is, as everyone is immoral...But it is also possible, they pick up this immorality from listening to atheists....Is it not???

Are you saying that atheist like spendius lead the churches or are you say that it is common for theist to listen to secular atheists?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 08:38 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Church is their rock, where they admit their immorality...What does Bill do about this? Where does he go??

Most ethical atheist do not have a place to go because they avoid the immoral acts that most Christians engage in.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 08:53 am
Ryan I did say that I should not have mentioned the Christian bombs but I never did hear what you thought about this young man singing.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 08:54 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Are you saying that atheist like spendius lead the churches or are you say that it is common for theist to listen to secular atheist?

I am saying, that anyone's mind can be perverted if they "chose" to listen to someone with a perverted mind....

The object is to view morality, and be prudent about it...

That is what Jesus taught...And what he wanted people to do...

Just because Christians suck at it, (like Jesus said they would), does not mean that they not a Christian, like Bill says...

And if you deny you are being immoral, that is even worse, as we all are...

And if you think Jesus had good things to say, and "think" it is a free pass of morality like Bill does...Or other atheists do, that is even worse than the other 2 I listed...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 08:56 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Most ethical atheist do not have a place to go because they avoid the immoral acts that most Christians engage in.

So then, they do not admit they are immoral? Or act immoral??

That is indeed, a bigger problem than what Christians do, like Bill talked about...

We all are immoral, not just Christians...And not only Christians need to come to grips with being immoral...

That is what makes it worse, and more dangerous to think the way he does! 2 Cents
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 08:59 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Ryan I did say that I should not have mentioned the Christian bombs but I never did hear what you thought about this young man singing.

I am going to take a shower, then I will watch it...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 09:27 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So then, they do not admit they are immoral? Or act immoral??

Sure they do but they do not tell other people that they have a book that is the word of a god or one that is written by them and is empirical. They do make mistakes just like everyone else, I personally think that the church is responsible for some of the worst atrocities that happen around the world and I think that it very well may be influenced by money.
I do not think , "well I hope not, "that the majority of Christians would continue to behave this way if their leaders would allow then to start questioning things.

If you really have an interest in what I am meaning watch this.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 09:46 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

I would have to say, I think it is a very sad, remarkable story....

It does not make me think that God is to blame for anything...

As it was 2 nuns who found him, and saved him, and his brother...

It does not make me think, that the world would ever unite as one, without a God...

In fact, I believe the reason, he was saved, was by God, thru the nuns...

As if they were not there, as in no Gods exist...He probably would have died...

And he could not have spread his words, and story, to touch people....

It does not answer anything about Christian bombs?

Also, not to be a jerk about it, But in your honesty, Do you not think he got sympathy votes from them, and others in the audience, because of his life? (which I think he should have) As it is much more special than some singing contest show...

In all honesty, Just because his story is very sad indeed, does not mean that God is to blame, or there is no God...Even if he believes it to be...In fact, by what he said, it seems that people who embrace a God that is not, saved him...So that points to the fact that there is a God, and there was a reason why those nuns were there that day!!!

It is very easy to be emotional...As it was an emotional story...But at the same time, It does not make a person more or less correct about anything...

Just being honest, not hating on or about anyone or anything...

And the "proof" of this for you, is I can flip it around, and ask you, do you, or do not have sympathy and believe people are right, when they are sick, as in your people with Theistic Psychosis'? Does their story make you "believe" they are right?

It just hits a note in their heart...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 09:51 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
If you really have an interest in what I am meaning watch this.

Please, do not send me videos like this...I do not want to watch them, if I give an honest answer, it makes me look evil...And I am not trying to be....

I do not believe God is to blame for the actions such as this...I think God is the hope for them all...

If a god was not real, that is the life they were dealt...And nothing can change it, that is your views...My views says, that someday, they will eternally be happy...

So I do not understand, by these videos why you would not want a God to be real? Or "think he is not"?

And the whole, he is to blame, does not hold water, as if a God is real, no one knows who and what he is, or thinks like, or is control of or not...

There is a such thing as the Devil, I know there is, and his kingdom is Earth...
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 10:01 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So I do not understand, by these videos why you would not want a God to be real? Or "think he is not"?

I personally think that when people are taught that a god is real and that they should not question all of this nonsense "in my opinion" is when people start believing in things like, "the people in another country are evil and that we should go in and invade them, kill the men and keep the virgin woman for ourselves. I think that this is where we get our sociopathy from. It seems to hinder or moral progress in my opinion.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 10:18 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
In fact, I believe the reason, he was saved, was by God, thru the nuns...

Do you also think that it was God's work when the mafia did good things like charity but you will give the credit of their bad work to someone else?
If it is good it is God's doing and if it is a tornado that takes out a church and kills some of its members it was the devil right?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 10:24 am
@reasoning logic,
I want to flip the question around for a second, so you get my perspective on this....And I think you will understand...

Please give me your all out, honest answer to these questions...

If a person came on that show, missing 2 arms, with the same exact story, but suffered from a Theistic Psychosis...And sang a song about how great God is, and how happy we will all be someday...What would you say to me, about it??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 10:29 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I personally think that when people are taught that a god is real and that they should not question all of this nonsense "in my opinion" is when people start believing in things like, "the people in another country are evil and that we should go in and invade them, kill the men and keep the virgin woman for ourselves. I think that this is where we get our sociopathy from. It seems to hinder or moral progress in my opinion.

Fair enough, But what makes you "think" that it is mostly religious doing this? Or think this way? I can bet there are many atheists in our armed service branches? You do not think so?

Lincoln was an atheist, and we had a civil war...

And I am sure another atheist President will come along, and go to war, you do not??
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 10:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If a person came on that show, missing 2 arms, with the same exact story, but suffered from a Theistic Psychosis...And sang a song about how great God is, and how happy we will all be someday...What would you say to me, about it??

I would probably agree with you about him having Theistic Psychosis and hope the best for him and his future.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 10:35 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Do you also think that it was God's work when the mafia did good things like charity but you will give the credit of their bad work to someone else?
If it is good it is God's doing and if it is a tornado that takes out a church and kills some of its members it was the devil right?

Not exactly sure...Good comes from God, bad comes from the Devil...

If the mafia does a good charity thing, it does not mean they are not acting by the Devil, if they were not, they would completely change there views, and do only good things for a charity...

If a tornado takes out a church and kills people, I think it was the Devil, yes...

My question to you...If an atheist is saved by a nun, is it God, yes or no?

If an atheist, is killed by a nun, is it the Devil, yes or no??

If no to both, what would compose one of them to save, and the other to kill? Since they both say they embrace the same living God??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 10:38 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I would probably agree with you about him having Theistic Psychosis and hope the best for him and his future.

And it would not hit an emotional part of you, to say to yourself, maybe he is right, and there is a God, like your video was directed toward me???

So you would not believe there is a chance he is right, just because of his story??

That is exactly what I am saying about his story, and song... 2 Cents
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 10:45 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Fair enough, But what makes you "think" that it is mostly religious doing this? Or think this way? I can bet there are many atheists in our armed service branches? You do not think so?

Lincoln was an atheist, and we had a civil war...

And I am sure another atheist President will come along, and go to war, you do not??

I agree with you about atheist being immoral but we do have to honest about who receives the majority of money to teach morality, "it is the churches. I personally think that if the money was given to the poor and we all helped each other out instead of going to church on Sunday we would have a much saner society. Wouldn't make you feel good to help someone out? I know it makes me feel good when I help others out.