Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 06:52 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Yes Ryan I do want you to watch it, that is why I put it there. I personal think that Christians should see how the intellectual secular community views them. I think that Bill shares an excellent illustration of just that.

OK, I will honestly watch it, and answer your question....But from what I have seen from that Guy Bill...He does not give an intelligent secular community views of Christians, and he does not have an excellent way of showing it, (to me)

It seems to me, from what I have seen on his shows, all he does is mock God, and seems to make jokes or laugh at God and Christians....

I can think of many more excellent illustrations than that...Such as your Marvin Katz does...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:00 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I do not trust either without something close to empirical evidence.
Atheism nor theism have anything to do with something being factual.

What does atheism have to do with, to you, if not factual evidence??

Quote:
Because you are suppose to be the one who follows the moral philosophy of Jesus and if you do not show other people what it looks like how will they ever be able to see it and be able to walk the true walk without stumbling themselves?

They will not, but I can not take on the world, because I am simply not Jesus Christ...If I was to do it, Would they listen to me? I doubt many of them would, So I would be a stepping stone to them....

If that is the case, then the ones who mock me, will be mocked, and the ones who take me serious, I will take serious...Till they realize their irrationalities, they profess to me...I know many of them do not like being treated like ****, and it hits home rather quick, when someone flips the side of the table onto them...

If I portray myself in the way you have said to do, it would only enhance the ones who already walk in the ways of Jesus, and the ones who mock me, would mock even more...Therefor, I would rather be concerned with the lost, not saved...I just need to lighten up a bit! and that I agree with...I hope many of them will as well...If they do not, I am not sure, I will lighten up to them...It may take me years to be able to do it...And that is just me being genuine, and as honest as I can about it...

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:02 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I did not ask you to watch other things that he may have done but rather I asked you to watch this one particular video that he happen to make. I could ask people to read some post of yours, where you are not coming across as a very nice person or I could chose to share the ones where I think you are a perfect example of what Jesus was meaning, so yes I do understand how you could reach a viewpoint about him that you hold.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:03 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Do you think Jesus would feel the same way?

Not at all, in the least sense of the word, but I am not Jesus, nor do I "think" I am him, Nor do I believe I can be him...as in people with theistic psychosis'

My gift is different in many ways, but it also gives me a bigger perspective about it all than 99.99999% will ever see...So it really makes me mad, when they do somethings that they do....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:05 am
@reasoning logic,
See someone is doing the downthumbing again!! Why do they even need to do it?

Why can't they just tell me why they believe I am wrong about what I say?

What is the purpose of hiding with your tail between your legs and running away??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:11 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I did not ask you to watch other things that he may have done but rather I asked you to watch this one particular video that he happen to make. I could ask people to read some post of yours, where you are not coming across as a very nice person or I could chose to share the ones where I think you are a perfect example of what Jesus was meaning, so yes I do understand how you could reach a viewpoint about him that you hold.

Thank you, because that is all I meant by it...And you are right, you could do that to me...But would you say to others, I am giving a perfect example of Christ? Or would you say, sometimes, and sometimes not?

That is how I felt you portrayed that Bill Mahr person....

Give me one second, I want to watch the video...So please hold up on the posts...Or you can post, but it will be a bit till I get to them all...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:11 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

Why can't they just tell me why they believe I am wrong about what I say?

This is not a utopia that we live in but being the naive realist that I am I do ask similar questions.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:32 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
This is not a utopia that we live in but being the naive realist that I am I do ask similar questions.

So, can you see how two intellectually honest, and self-honest people would be upset by this? And how it would piss them off, done over and over and over???

I know I can....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:34 am
@reasoning logic,
These are my questions...

For the people who support killing enemies does he think that only Christians should change there names? Or are atheist the same way? And support killing?

What did he say last week, as to why he was not sorry about Osama being targeted? And why should Christians feel that way if he does not??

If capping thy enemy is not what Jesus would do, but Suge knight would do, (jokes, and laughter) Why does he support targeting Osama? Why does he believe that Christians are wrong if they feel likewise to him?

Again why does he believe he is above this morality that Jesus taught, And if he can be, why can't a Christian do it? Does he believe Christians are supposed to be perfect??

How can he prove to me, that Evangelical Christians are more for torturing than any other religion? By the probability, there are the most Christians than anyone else, so if all humans have human instincts, then it is easy to understand why there is the most, no??

What does he believe Obama should say about Osama?? How could he be a Christian if he is? And not go after Osama to please the American people? Which includes atheist people....

Why does he say Hallelujah about that? And using violence?(such as shooting them in the face, I know it is a joke) But I take the violence part serious when he says it...

Why does he say, I can say that, because I am a non-Christian, just like Christians, when they are at least willing to try?? There is no reward for trying in his book?

Who says that he is right that if they (ignore all of what Jesus said) they are not Christians?? Because I can quote so long as you believe you will be saved, and that is the Most important part since no one can do it all...

Who says that anyone was gloating about this??

I do not believe I am better than the next guy, But he is gloating, by laughing at Christians in the way that he does, but does not see it as doing so??

And BTW, This video was no different than any other one, all he did was laugh and make fun of Christians like I said....

I do not believe at all that that is an excellent way of portraying it at all...I stand by what I have said, Marvin Katz is much better at what he does, than Bill Maher is at what he does!
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:54 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Marvin Katz is much better at what he does, than Bill Maher is at what he does!

Marvin has studied moral philosophy much longer than bill "If bill has even studied" but Marvin would easily see bills point and not take offense by what he said. Why do you think that Marvin would not have much of a problem with what bill said?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 08:15 am
@reasoning logic,
Jesus did not say, that if you follow me, your life will be perfect, things will be on a silver platter for you...You will be perfect, so others see I am perfect... etc...

Jesus said, its gonna suck, people are gonna laugh at you, and mock you, you have to deny yourself and take up your cross, you will be persecuted, and judged, said to be insane, people will torment you, and seek after your life, etc, which is currently happening....

So does this make you think Jesus was real and correct?

All Bill was doing, was playing a sort of atheism mind **** on people, and saying because Christians are not perfect, they are not Christians, and Jesus is not real...Because that is the only card he has, and is playing...

The most important thing, which signifies you're one with him, is faith...Which Jesus also said, so all that other stuff Bill said, is meaningless...

Every Christian knows that they suck at that stuff...Jesus said they would...

Atheists do too, they just happen to find peace in thinking, it is not morally wrong to think that way, as illustrated by Bill's Osama, and violence remarks...
spendius

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 08:31 am
@reasoning logic,
They are just entertainers rl. Jesters and jugglers whose gifts of the gab, which are actually not that much above the ordinary, stand in lieu of practice with flaming torches or any sort of sense of humour and whose appeal lies in the love of a precious minority which sees in the mighty subject confirmation of its own worth and importance.

Quote:
Alas, 'tis true I have gone here and there,
And made myself a motley to the view---

The words are easy to find. They have been rehearsed for centuries. Usually minus expletives for guilty forced laughs provide a certain illusion.

A change of idiom maybe. That's all. And a strut upon the stage.

Rather vulgar imo.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 08:33 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

Again why does he believe he is above this morality that Jesus taught, And if he can be, why can't a Christian do it?

Why do you ask a question you already have an answer for? You tell me this answer to why Christians can not have a morality that is above what Jesus taught.

Quote:
Why does he support targeting Osama? Why does he believe that Christians are wrong if they feel likewise to him?

I personally do not think that Jesus taught us to pursue after our enemies. Other than him saying bring thine enemies here and slay them before me. I think that the church made that line up because that does not seem to go along with Jesus's teachings.

Quote:
How can he prove to me, that Evangelical Christians are more for torturing than any other religion?
I am not sure that they are but I hear some politicians saying some things and I have never heard Christians denouncing these things. Have you ever heard so called Christians saying horrible things about Bradly Manning?

Quote:
Why does he say, I can say that, because I am a non-Christian, just like Christians, when they are at least willing to try?? There is no reward for trying in his book?

That is the point he is making, "that Christians are making a mockery by the things they teach "not" to do but yet they do them, "they are being hypocritical.
How do you try not to go to your neighbor's country and enforce the petrodollar? How do you try not joining the military but yet you join?

Quote:
I do not believe I am better than the next guy, But he is gloating, by laughing at Christians in the way that he does, but does not see it as doing so??

I am sorry that you take offense by it but many people see most Christians as being retarded when it comes to some areas of thought."like reality. We sometimes laugh at what people do when they are acting out childish or silly. It is not that you intentionally poke fun at a child when he behaves silly but we do it none the less at times.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 08:38 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
All Bill was doing, was playing a sort of atheism mind **** on people, and saying because Christians are not perfect, they are not Christians, and Jesus is not real...Because that is the only card he has, and is playing...

You are wrong again, Some atheist like what Jesus had to say and many atheist agree and try to follow that philosophy. but what Bill is talking about are people who claim to be Christians but openly teach otherwise.
spendius

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:25 am
@reasoning logic,
Who bloody cares what Bill is spouting about? Except maybe his Mom and a few nutters who lap up his practiced, honeyed words because it underlines their status as a great ******* thinker.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 10:15 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Who bloody cares what Bill is spouting about? Except maybe his Mom and a few nutters who lap up his practiced, honeyed words because it underlines their status as a great ******* thinker.

The same thing could be said about you.

Who bloody cares what Spendius is spouting about? Except maybe his Mom and a few nutters who lap up his practiced, honeyed words because it underlines their status as a great ******* thinker.

I notice that you like to use the word bloody, did you know that the word blood is in the bible 459 times?

That is more than the words love, 311 forgiveness, 7 and beauty 49 combined.

0 Replies

Adam4Adam

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 10:48 am
@Sloan,
Oh Jim don't use that language, no reason for it. I agree you need boots on to listen to this clown but it's better to just put him on ignore.
spendius

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 12:44 pm
@Adam4Adam,
You need boots on to yomp through the terrain in Afghanistan and it's better to put that on Ignore as well.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 12:47 pm
@Adam4Adam,
The only reason you are disposed to put me on Ignore is that you're scared of reading something which might cause you to doubt your conditioned viewpoint.
Keith424

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 01:08 pm
@spendius,
Not me. I just put you ignore.
0 Replies