Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 03:49 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I don't want you to worry about me hun, that is one thing that is awful indeed...I know it is easier said then done....But I am fine, in good health...

And almost always clear minded...Just my approach is wrong, and something I am still learning! Wink Wink Very Happy
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 03:55 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spades Smile See here is the thing... If people did not take the time out in this 'World' to care about others then what the **** is it worth living on this Earth? Smile

Now, I am not a preacher Smile BUT, sleep is way important.. Do me a favour and "try" to change the dreams, ask for it... And, get some "good sleep"..

Geez, my mind goes 100 to a ton, with work, agent, property manager, shop, bills, helping people if I can, offering thoughts... Animals, diabetic dog, old pomeranian that I have to work out what she is telling me, fiance, friends, see the pattern? Without sleep you can't do anything worthy...

Yes, FS point taken,

Lecture over Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 05:07 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Yes, FS point taken,

Lecture over Smile

I am not that easy! Maybe like Dutchy a bit! Razz Razz j/k....You're very right hun, all that I can say is that I have gotten sleeping pills before from doctors...They do not work....They are not strong enough to block out what God puts in my mind to think about....And say to others....

Sleep is very important....I am not sure why Prophets were chosen to suffer with sleeplessness....One day before God, I will ask him....All that I know is it says it in Scripture, and it happens to me...And you know what I feel that God has told me about myself....Without me explaining it again....

All that I can say from my personal experiences, is it is like the mind is always coherent, and aware of everything happening around them, consciously, and sub....

Even when I go into very deep sleep....I still have dreams where I know I am dreaming, and am thinking about my life as I am now, where I live, what is going on in my personal life etc....All while actually being asleep in my bed...And something else happening...

And even though it has been awhile since I have done it....If I feel I am in trouble, such as a demonic dream I do not wish to go thru, I have learned a technique in order to wake myself up if a please....I rattle my body around back and forth in my sleep....Not sure if I am actually moving in my bed or not....Probably not....But I will eventually wake up in about 20 seconds or so...

Sleep comes and goes for me, in different patterns....
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 05:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Please post your questions bud....From your link, and what you would like me to answer about them, and I will hit them up sometime tomorrow....

Thank you for remembering. I will not burden you with a bunch of questions because I know that most people "almost no one" has a true interest in morality. What I mean by that is that I only know of a couple of people that study moral philosophy and I do not think that they do it because they are righteous but for some reason their brains find an interest in it where as other people could not care less.

I notice that you seem to be a big fan of math. The reason I bring this up is because his teacher Dr Robert Schirokauer Hartman Nobel Peace Prize nominee has a formula that he used for value science and Dr Katz is incorporating axiology into moral philosophy. He needs someone with a mind like yours to carry it on. He is not a theist but he is a spiritual person and he is much more of a gentleman toward theists and everyone else than I am. He also works well with theists as you will see in this video link below. Rather than answering a bunch a questions of mine please just watch the video of him speaking and I will leave you alone about it.

http://www.workforworldpeace.org/cooldown2.htm
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 09:23 am
@reasoning logic,
It seems to me, this man, is a very peaceful, honorable man for what he says and is doing....And is trying to accomplish...

It makes no difference to me, if he uses math and science, or a theology to do what he does...He is a very good man...It seems to me....

The only thing I do not understand, (is by your video) Is that he does not fully explain how his ways were or are based upon science....Or what the ethics of science is....Which is what I was interested in....Other than that, what he says, and is doing, seems to be a very good thing, and he seems to be peaceful, and honorable....

And on a good path....I was interested in him explaining how he derived these concepts from science? Sounds like a theology to me...The women even talks about the peace pipe, spiritually, and says amen in there...

Very interesting read!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 09:39 am
@reasoning logic,
I am going to go over what you said again....This time more carefully....

Quote:
The reason I bring this up is because his teacher Dr Robert Schirokauer Hartman Nobel Peace Prize nominee has a formula that he used for value science and Dr Katz is incorporating axiology into moral philosophy. He needs someone with a mind like yours to carry it on. He is not a theist but he is a spiritual person and he is much more of a gentleman toward theists and everyone else than I am. He also works well with theists as you will see in this video link below.

I am interested in hearing about the formula....And yes, I see how he is a gentleman toward theists....
spendius

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 10:07 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I don't know how anybody can sit through 29 minutes of that shmaltz.

And I very much doubt whether theists are at all concerned whether the old duffer is a gentleman towards them or not.

The whole of Christian theology is concerned with nothing else other than his stated objectives in the practical world of human relations rather than with talking about them idealistically in the abstract.
spendius

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 10:12 am
@reasoning logic,
To be of useful service to A2Kers, rl, would you inform us of Dr Katz's views on pre-marital sex, divorce, adultery, homosexuality and abortion.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 12:42 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I don't know how anybody can sit through 29 minutes of that shmaltz.

I did...

Quote:
And I very much doubt whether theists are at all concerned whether the old duffer is a gentleman towards them or not.

It does matter to me....If someone is genuine, and acts like a gentlemen....There is no reason to believe he is not a nice guy....And if he is not, then there is no reason to believe he is not...

Quote:
The whole of Christian theology is concerned with nothing else other than his stated objectives in the practical world of human relations rather than with talking about them idealistically in the abstract.

What is the problem then?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 12:46 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
To be of useful service to A2Kers, rl, would you inform us of Dr Katz's views on pre-marital sex, divorce, adultery, homosexuality and abortion.

Why would it even matter? Would he all of the sudden be an evil guy if what he said was different than what the Church says about it??

How do you know for sure the Church is even 100% correct about those things??

I do not believe people are evil, if they get married, can not stand each other and want a divorce...I don;t believe they should live a life of misery, because the Church claims to do it....

I do not believe people will burn for being a homosexual...And the ones who claim this may burn also....

And I do not 100% agree with what they say about abortion....If someone is raped, or has incest, I DO NOT believe they must have a Child....

And I embrace the Church, and you do not fully, as you're an atheist....

So why does that stuff even matter to you?

So, I am a fake Christian? But you're a real one?

Give me a break....Rather than just talking about the Church and what it says...Why don't you actually follow and embrace the most important thing? That the wafer, is the Body of Christ...And the Wine is the Blood of Christ??

And the Church symbolizes Christ himself....Something you talk about...and tell others, but do not accept....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 01:04 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

You say this, as if it is extremely important to you...But yet, at the other side of the coin, you do not embrace the Core things the Church stands for? (Jesus is the Lord) It does not make any sense....

So what if he feels different than the Church does about those things...

The Church feels Christ is Lord, and is the most important thing....You don't

So should I quote to you, why and how you're wrong, because you do not embrace what the Church says, in some ways?

That is what you're doing to others such as rl, and what you're doing to me...

I still do not understand how you think either side benefits from playing both cards like that...
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 01:15 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I think he advises keeping it in the closet.

spendius

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 01:20 pm
@izzythepush,
In which case he might as well be talking about Latvian watercress production targets.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 01:40 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 16: 18.

I am doing nothing to you or rl. Neither of you need take the slightest notice of anything I say.

A Church has power. Messages from God are powerless with no Church to promote them. What do you know about Jesus that has not been saved from persecution or desuetude by the Church?

You simply aspire to going from toss-pot to archbishop in one easy breath. The rigor of the training being neatly side-stepped and no aspect of the downside of us all loving each other in peace and compassionate and co-operative goodwill needing to be taken into account. Such as the resultant smoking ruins.
spendius

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 02:00 pm
@spendius,
Imagine an NFL game where the QB gets the snap and takes the ball to the defence and invites it to stroll up the pitch for a touchdown and the coach of the defence rushes on the field to stop them by pointing out that the fans of the QB's team will all be dejected and weeping and wailing because people loving each other in peace and compassionate and co-operative goodwill would shun causing such an effect and after 2 hours of play, with ads for getting one up on the neighbours in between, the score standing at 0--0 after overtime and all the spectators applauding such a magnificent display of peaceful and loving co-operation.

That's why the devout are only required to attend Mass for an hour a week. 0.005% of that stuff is quite sufficient assuming a degree of chutzpah is employed.

You can't assume that the Church has made mistakes in the rumpy-pumpy department on your skimpy knowledge of the subject.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 02:09 pm
@spendius,
I'm sorry I can't imagine that. Any chance of an English translation?

Preferably one in which Saints win the cup.
spendius

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 03:04 pm
@izzythepush,
For that to happen every team would have to win the Cup following the general procedures used in establishments of the Higher Learning.

Cue EBeth joke--

What do you call the doctor who was bottom of the class in medical school?

Doctor, of course.

Have you seen Mr Robert Jay QC refer to Doctor Cable? One might see from the Leveson Enquiry why the high-flyers are the high-flyers. They're as cute as a cartload of monkeys.

The marathon questioning of Fred Michel today by Mr Jay was as riveting as it was outstanding.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 04:12 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I am interested in hearing about the formula....And yes, I see how he is a gentleman toward theists....

I think that Marvin may have a few different formulas that he uses in his work.
Here is something to think about. "This math is all over my head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_of_Value

Dr Katz does not have many people beating down his door to learn moral philosophy or the formula that you are interested in, so I would think that he has time to talk to you personally if you are interested.

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 04:14 pm
@spendius,
Romans 10:9

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Which you do not do!

Quote:
I am doing nothing to you or rl. Neither of you need take the slightest notice of anything I say.

I DO like what you have to say...I DO NOT like when you quote Christianity, as if you and others should do it....And then go around and TELL OTHERS HOW THEY ARE WRONG....OR FAKE!

That is what is wrong!

Giving an opinion is not wrong, Doing what you're doing is...In my book...

Quote:
A Church has power.

I agree...

Quote:
Messages from God are powerless with no Church to promote them.

I disagree, and that is how the Church was founded....If the church somehow did fall tomorrow...People would still go around and spread the words of God, and that would be the Church....You do not need the Vatican, or a Building to have a Church...and neither is everything they say probably 100% correct either, as they are men, whether the incarnation of Saint Peter or not....

Quote:
What do you know about Jesus that has not been saved from persecution or desuetude by the Church?

A lot of things, too many to list here, right now...You may not believe it to be, that does not make it real or untrue...

God has told me to specifically write to the Pope about them...That would make me believe they are true, not that they are not....

Quote:
You simply aspire to going from toss-pot to archbishop in one easy breath. The rigor of the training being neatly side-stepped and no aspect of the downside of us all loving each other in peace and compassionate and co-operative goodwill needing to be taken into account. Such as the resultant smoking ruins.

You do not seem to get it...I do not mind your opinion...And I am glad you embrace the church....But you do not really have any right whatsoever to play both cards and make it look like you look down upon everyone because you do that...

If you embrace The Church, fully, you're not really an atheist....And if you're really an atheist....And just quote Christianity, and the Bible, but do not embrace it, it makes you look foolish, whether good actions or bad actions is what you wish to accomplish....It gives you Zero credibility....It makes you look deceptive, though I do not think you are...And a hypocrite, big time....

If you do not ultimately embrace the fact of Jesus Christ is the Lord, then ask anyone who goes to Church, and anyone who watches it, or anyone who has ever been....Ask anyone who embraces Christianity, or anyone who embraces Catholicism....If your quoting the Bible, or preaching Christianity, without doing what I said above to do....It is all meaningless...

No one on here who does what I have quoted above to do is a fake Christian...Whether they follow Catholicism or the Church or not...If they are not against Christ, then they are with him....

And when you do what you do, any atheist has more credibility than you do....About atheism....

For it is better for a man to doubt the Church but do the things I listed above, and be saved....Then it is for a man to back up Most of the Church, but deny Christ is the Lord....

He is having "faith" in "nothing" but "nothing"

And what he says, is ultimately, empty words....

While the man who "doubts" the Church....has little to no "faith" in "men"...But has "faith" in the same thing the Church is..."Jesus"

So he may cast stones that may not need to be, against the Church....But it is probably more to do with trying to help it, than persecute it...

But he still does, and is doing the things that need to be, to be counted as one saved, according to The Church, and To Jesus Christ....

That is the MOST IMPORTANT THING THEY CAN DO....

If you do otherwise....(which you do, and promote) You're going against the Church, and the Bible....

So I would rather doubts things about the Church, But embrace Christ is the Lord....Then go around and quote both of them, But ultimately do neither of what both of them claim to do, to be a true one...A saved one, or real one....

And as it stands, to me, you have no right...at all, To present yourself from both sides...

And tell any Christian who does the necessary requirements to be saved, as fake, no matter what else they say or do...Whether it is about the Church or not....

And you really have no right, to go around and tell other atheists that they are wrong, because the Church and Bible say this....If you are not serious about it, and at the end of the day, you're one of them....

It makes you look like you're an extremely arrogant person...Although, I really do not believe that you are....

It helps neither side, and makes you look deceptive, though I do not think you are....

And hurts both sides, more than it helps either one, or both sides out....

That is just my honest introspection....Since, you like to give yours, all the time....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 04:22 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
That's why the devout are only required to attend Mass for an hour a week. 0.005% of that stuff is quite sufficient assuming a degree of chutzpah is employed.

Would it be better to go to church 1 hr, 1 day a week?...Or not go, but be faithful 6 other days in a week, and rest on Sundays?

Quote:
You can't assume that the Church has made mistakes in the rumpy-pumpy department on your skimpy knowledge of the subject.

Was and is that a wimpy, skimpy thing God has told me to say to you right now?

A devout one, also embraces the Core thing that makes it even necessary, and meaningful to begin with and end with....And that is Romans 10:9

If you do not do it, your knowledge can excel well above mine...And it is all meaningless....because you do not, or have not understood what it all means to go....If you did, you would do what is the main requirement, to be saved or would have learned, when you were younger...To preach, or embrace the Church, without salvation means absolutely nothing at all...

And it is worse indeed, than me being saved, and teaching different things than learned or told...

And at the absolute worst case, it is the same exact thing...Which means you have no right to do what you do to me, and I have no right to do it to you...

But as long as you keep doing it to me, I am gonna do it to you....
0 Replies