Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:53 am
@reasoning logic,
I think they taught him to bowl a googly.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 06:03 am
@izzythepush,
It seems that someone has Shocked
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 06:21 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Did those men "dressed in robes, Who taught you in your catholic school also teach you the use of fallacious arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving?

Sophistry is a sort of cross-examination of those who use fallacious arguments, such as pretending to be logical as a style choice, with an intention, whether conscious or unconscious, to deceive. The unconscious manifestation is much the most dangerous.

When a person claims to be logical on the basis that he knows that 2+2=4 and then proceeds to expand his expertise to include the management of the relations between the sexes, then we know, or at least I know, that he is completely mad.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 06:32 am
@spendius,
Quote:
When a person claims to be logical on the basis that he knows that 2+2=4 and then proceeds to expand his expertise to include the management of the relations between the sexes, then we know, or at least I know, that he is completely mad.

Don't you think you might be being a little hard on yourself?
spendius

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 06:40 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Actually, I read something of a possible cult, possible suicide, possibly a serial killer, confused town but 79 I think in total since 2007 in England somewhere kids mostly 29.... Going to research and perhaps start a thread....... The youngest was 13 and the all hanged. If a Cult, it's believed they all "believed" to meet again soon, as in really soon... Which ties in to this "type of thread" but like I said I'll start a new one

As I remember there was a bit of a fuss. In Wales I think.

The sociologists and the psychologists who studied the sad event concluded that the suicides were random.

Which, of course, doesn't mean they were random. There's a door ajar for those who wish to step through it.

I advise against doing. The development of suspender belts is a much more interesting subject. There's none on any Greek vases or Roman murals. Nor in Islamic tabloid newspapers.

I daresay there were no suspender belts in North America not very long ago and now there are millions and millions of them and shops on the high street have window displays, lit up at night, dedicated to nothing else but suspender belts and matching accoutrements. Made in China probably.

What does your logic avail you now rl?
jcboy

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:37 pm
It's sad that we still haven't found THE missing link. Maybe Creationists are right and humans are too complex to have evolved from lesser primates. Oh... hold on. What's that? We've found SEVERAL "missing links?" Victory: science!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg43/scaled.php?server=43&filename=darwinza.jpg&res=landing
spendius

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:18 pm
@jcboy,
As long as you think that Creationists think that humans are too complex to have evolved from lesser primates you will miss the real point for the same period of time.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:21 pm
@jcboy,
You are in exalted company though JC. Judge Jones and the NCSE miss the point as well but I suspect that they want to.
spendius

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:21 pm
@spendius,
Or need to.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:27 pm
@spendius,
Oh Pfttttt

Quote:
I advise against doing. The development of suspender belts is a much more interesting subject

I think black would be my best colour, being a witch and all Smile

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2009/02/wales-suicides200902

Quote:
The Mystery Suicides of Bridgend County
Over the past two years, dozens of teens and young adults in the Welsh county borough of Bridgend have killed themselves, almost all by hanging, in an epidemic that became global news. Was it caused by an Internet cult? The malaise of life in a backwater? The author talks to “cluster suicide” experts, local adults who are frantically trying to keep kids alive, and several teens caught in the middle.

Well, I just find it extremely sad that now, 2012 - we've reached 79...

That's a lot of kids (mainly) feeling down and out, although they are blaming alot on drinking and drugs in the area, copycats of their friends, depression of living in Bridgend...

spendius

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 04:39 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Pretty sad stuff FS. I wouldn't dwell on it if I was you.

Clusters of anything become strange when Media trains its expert compassion milkers on them. There are a lot of other places in this world.

Valleys can be a bit intimidating. At night they loom.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 05:19 pm
@spendius,
Yeah I know...

Strangely enough, all my life I have read "true crime" and then tried to analyse why these "serial killers" exist, or how a person breaks. It's just in my nature:) But yeah... I've read enough to get the jist and I know it happens all over the World.. Maybe small towns with not much to do, attracts negativety from depression IDK... And, considering all the sites stop at 2009, it seems that the media had nothing to write about Smile

Quote:
Valleys can be a bit intimidating. At night they loom.

Good Lord, meant in the nicest possible way.. Glad it's morning when I read that and not close to bed time Smile

RYAN WHERE ARE YOU?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 08:39 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
RYAN WHERE ARE YOU?

Back hun...Needed a week to clear my head, take a step back, and see I was getting angry most times over nothing....So I hope my time away has done me well... Wink Wink Very Happy
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 08:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
Please post your questions bud....From your link, and what you would like me to answer about them, and I will hit them up sometime tomorrow.... Wink Wink Very Happy
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 08:43 pm
Sorry to anyone I have offended, and argued with here, or been hard on....I love you all!! Wink Wink Very Happy
0 Replies

telson7

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 11:04 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
http://www.jariiivanainen.net/canwetrustcriticismoftheBible.html
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 03:17 am
@telson7,
Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool 2 Cents
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 03:20 am
@telson7,
That has got to be one of the most interesting things anyone has said and brought up, to me personally in this thread! Thumbs up! Very interesting first post! Friend added!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 03:29 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
What if he is a spammer? Smile

Ryan, glad to see you back. Do you know why I think you were angry? Because deprived sleep makes people's mind wonder a bit, they can't think clearly.. So does that mean YOU SLEPT alot over that week? I am so, hoping so, it's been worrying me sweet.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 03:46 am
@FOUND SOUL,
He could be a spammer, sure, but what he posted...Is very interesting indeed! And I enjoyed reading it! And it was spot on with this thread!

I do not think I was angry from sleep deprivation....It will happen again, soon enough...I slept good, but I have been up for about a day right now....And I am not angry at all...I just truly needed some time away, to pry, and to think and clear my mind, and realize anger gets no one anywhere...

And even if people disagree with me, Love is the answer, and to turn the other cheek....

That is what I want from God, so that is how I ought to treat others....
0 Replies