Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Krumple

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:20 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
I know. I have seen the perspectiveless paintings. How can that resonate with somebody brought up in a world of sheer perspective and paths to any objective. It's culturally incomprehensible.

For get the culture. You shouldn't care about the culture. The culture is usually a distraction not the actual method. People create culture as a way to remind themselves of the past. It doesn't work for a solution to any problem. I say forget the culture.

spendius wrote:

I think it would have to be an affectation. Like those tourist attractions where they employ actors and actresses to pretend they are not long off the Mayflower. Basket weaving in bonnets. Or cod Battles of Marston Moor. (Car Park £5. Beer and sandwiches in the Cock and Wallet afterwards.)

You can't rely on anything or anyone else. When you jump in the pool is everyone else telling you how you feel in the pool, if it is cold or hot or just right? No, only you know. So why does everyone else matter? No one can sacrafice themselves to save you from yourself, it is a falacy to believe they can.
spendius

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 01:26 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
I say forget the culture.

Me!!?? An Oswald Spengler addict. No chance. I am marinaded in our Culture. I like Gregorian chanting and strippers. Beer and football and cricket and horseracing.

I was watching the Tom Petty movie Runnin' Down a Dream and his drummer ran off. So he invited a guy called Dave Grohl who said that it was the first time he had looked forward to playing the drums since Nirvana ended.

He must have got that somewhere and found it was nowhere at all.

It's a great movie in a number of ways. How to ham your way into the hearts and minds of millions. With another Nirvana--Freedom.

And nobody is going to feel the withdrawal symptoms of the obviously disappearing freedom which an interlocked, globalised, technological society requires as a matter of course, more than those who raised the idea up highest and made a God of it. And as Rock and Roll was the messenger of freedom there is a sadness in it reflecting on its own disappearance. We have to keep the old stagers pounding the boards to know it still exists. Dylan's 71.

We have Pop Idols now who are chosen for us by a mysterious process. A ******* dog won Britain's Got Talent the other day.

We feel more like doing sympathetic "aaaahhhs" more and more as the years go by.
Krumple

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 02:28 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
I say forget the culture.

Me!!?? An Oswald Spengler addict. No chance. I am marinaded in our Culture. I like Gregorian chanting and strippers. Beer and football and cricket and horseracing.

I was watching the Tom Petty movie Runnin' Down a Dream and his drummer ran off. So he invited a guy called Dave Grohl who said that it was the first time he had looked forward to playing the drums since Nirvana ended.

He must have got that somewhere and found it was nowhere at all.

It's a great movie in a number of ways. How to ham your way into the hearts and minds of millions. With another Nirvana--Freedom.

And nobody is going to feel the withdrawal symptoms of the obviously disappearing freedom which an interlocked, globalised, technological society requires as a matter of course, more than those who raised the idea up highest and made a God of it. And as Rock and Roll was the messenger of freedom there is a sadness in it reflecting on its own disappearance. We have to keep the old stagers pounding the boards to know it still exists. Dylan's 71.

We have Pop Idols now who are chosen for us by a mysterious process. A ******* dog won Britain's Got Talent the other day.

We feel more like doing sympathetic "aaaahhhs" more and more as the years go by.

Yeah enjoy it, but you haven't got any closer to understanding why it is that you run after culture. The point is to enjoy it right? After all whats the point of culture if you can't enjoy it? If it were through these things that you arrived then by all means everyone would have already arrived. Strange how none of them have seemed to arrive. Perhaps because you can't using this method? I mean I could be wrong, or just an asshole for point it out.
spendius

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 02:49 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Yeah enjoy it, but you haven't got any closer to understanding why it is that you run after culture.

I like the talent. Most people seem to just want to have their photo taken next to it when its talent that has made a name. Or say it's great to drop the name in conversation. I just like the talent. Maybe that's why you don't think they have arrived.

What method can I not be using? Where is there to arrive at?
Krumple

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 03:01 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
What method can I not be using? Where is there to arrive at?

chasing culture to arrive at No where.
spendius

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 03:04 pm
@Krumple,
I'm sorry. My post passes you by I'm afraid.
Krumple

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 03:27 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I'm sorry. My post passes you by I'm afraid.

If you had not noticed, Ill just restate it, don't care.
spendius

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 04:55 pm
@Krumple,
If you don't care why post?
Krumple

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 09:45 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

If you don't care why post?

To give you something to do...
spendius

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 01:56 am
@Krumple,
When I do it have I "arrived"?

Isn't it a shade oneupmanshippy to claim to have arrived and that others have not?
Krumple

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 09:17 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

When I do it have I "arrived"?

More than likely never will.

spendius wrote:

Isn't it a shade oneupmanshippy to claim to have arrived and that others have not?

Not at all.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 09:41 pm
Hey all, been well, but busy...be back in a couple days...

Spades...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 11:28 pm
Thanks Logic, and found to ask about me...I hope you guys and girls have been great also! Have been thinking about you all! Wink Wink Very Happy
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 02:54 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Not at all.

That's a good point Krumpie. I hadn't thought of that.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:00 am
@spendius,
All of not ?

I like your smarts and thoughts on this thread to be honest....

Spades, that's a cop out, get back here.

What is your thoughts on "ANYTHING? " Smile

Actually, I read something of a possible cult, possible suicide, possibly a serial killer, confused town but 79 I think in total since 2007 in England somewhere kids mostly 29.... Going to research and perhaps start a thread....... The youngest was 13 and the all hanged. If a Cult, it's believed they all "believed" to meet again soon, as in really soon... Which ties in to this "type of thread" but like I said I'll start a new one.
Krumple

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 03:37 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
That's a good point Krumpie. I hadn't thought of that.

Not surprised.
spendius

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:08 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Not surprised.

That must be because you are habituated to believing that such idiotic answers to questions as "not at all" are slam-dunkie arguments and that is not something I am habituated to.

What we need is a justification that a claim to have "arrived", where being unspecified, contrasted to others who are claimed to have not "arrived" is anything other than touch-your-toes, bare-bottomed, follow-me solipsism.

Only ladies are allowed to engage in such activities. And quite right too.

I use "Crumpie" and "Crumper" as a nick-name for a lady I know fairly well. By "fairly well" I mean I think I comprehend a few of the things she does.

Maybe I have been treating you as an adult male on insufficient evidence.

Krumple

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:15 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
What we need is a justification that a claim to have "arrived", where being unspecified, contrasted to others who are claimed to have not "arrived" is anything other than touch-your-toes, bare-bottomed, follow-me solipsism.

It was not written in the way in which you are wanting it to be. There was no need to clarify it. The fact that you want it to doesn't mean anything to me. So what was the point in entertaining you in any other way than you insisting that I do something that was not necessary? The fact that you might not understand must remain that way. So go touch your toes.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:31 am
@spendius,
What I feel we ought to be enlightened about is how anybody can avoid having arrived at where they are at.

Whenever I have taken a wrong turning on the roads and been caused to make a longer journey than I needed have done I always console myself with the thought that I had arrived and had I took the best route I might not have done.

I do not know, for example, whether I should have stopped smoking, drinking, gambling and chasing tail. I didn't and I've arrived here watching the Test Match at Lord's on my 47" HD TV and composing sophistries for the entertainment of those who appreciate that sort of thing. And those who don't can **** off.

Had I eschewed those activities I can't imagine where I would be. If anywhere.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:43 am
@spendius,
Quote:
composing sophistries for the entertainment of those who appreciate that sort of thing. And those who don't can **** off.

Why have you chosen an opposite of logic to be your choice of entertainment?

Did those men "dressed in robes, Who taught you in your catholic school also teach you the use of fallacious arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving?