Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 07:56 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You seem to justify everything that is bad by calling it it the devil's act and everything that is good God's act.

It appears to me you is that you are giving causes to things that do not even exist and this is psychological, {Normal brain function} This can be found all throughout history and on every part of the earth.

Have you noticed all the other myths that people believe in and have their accounts to why things happen? {They are psychological as well} I would not call this scientific because when people find that they are wrong in their beliefs they make their beliefs go along with the new understandings. I find this to be disingenuous !
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:11 am
@reasoning logic,
The devil story destroy any believes that I had in the Christian religion at age 10 as how could an all powerful and all knowing god had a lessor creator rebel against him and take half of all the angles with him?

If god is all powerful then the devil is just his agent no more and no less.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:17 am
@BillRM,
Others then the big things like destroying two whole cities with innocents children in them by fire from heaven or ordering whole nations to be put to the sword down to infants in their mother arms and drowning 99.99999 percent of the human race including children we had some lessor examples.

On a bet god had a good man and a believer family destroy and he himself was tortures in a numbers of ways.

Then we had the only man worth saving in a city schedule for burning offering his his two daughters to be gang rape and kill to a mob.

The Christian god is on his face as evil as any god that the human race had worship in our history.

I understand the first and last post....I don't understand the rest...sorry
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:23 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Have you noticed all the other myths that people believe in and have their accounts to why things happen? {They are psychological as well} I would not call this scientific because when people find that they are wrong in their beliefs they make their beliefs go along with the new understandings. I find this to be disingenuous !

please explain, where I have been shown to be doing this...

also as far as your sparring churches analogy, if you wish to relive video of 9/11 look at the video where someone was near the second buliding on the ground, and looking up at the building as it was hit...you will see from the fire ball what CLEARLY looks like the devils face...and all the buildings went down, except one! I believe it was building 7 and it was a church...which was NEARLY unscaved....
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:31 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You are correct I should not be stereotyping because some people do stop believing and start understanding but these are far and few and you are taught not to be like them! {Atheist}
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
CLEARLY looks like the devils face.

Have you seen the devil's face before?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:37 am
@reasoning logic,
I have, he works in the local curry house. I went there about a month ago, and my arse hasn't been the same since.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:51 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

yes!
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:53 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
...you will see from the fire ball what CLEARLY looks like the devils face...and all the buildings went down, except one! I believe it was building 7 and it was a church...which was NEARLY unscaved....

It is a wonder how the human mind can see patterns in random clouds or random movement of smoke from a fire.

A church was not harm?

That kind of remind me of the resistance that people once had for fitting out of church steeples with lightening rods as god surely would protected one of his churches and if not it was a sign from god that he was unhappy with any churches that did burn down.

I love the illogical and magical thinkings that religion people are prone to.
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:54 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

That was a question that came into my mind also.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:54 am
@reasoning logic,
or could it be that I DO have a gift and my understandings are NOT myths....and they can in fact be true, and actually happening?? and there is NO WAY for me to scientificly prove they ARE for REAL?
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:59 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
or could it be that I DO have a gift and my understandings are NOT myths....and they can in fact be true, and actually happening??

The overwhelming odds are that the only gift you have is to be able to fool yourself.

Sadly a far too common gift amount the human race.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:59 am
@BillRM,
go look at the video bro...tell me it doesn't look demonic!
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:03 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I can say the same things about Ganesha but only those who have been exposed to that type of thinking {environment} will think that I am being logical!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:07 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Sorry our minds are design to find patterns and ofter those patterns are only random movement of hot gases as in this case.

The canals of Mars was drawn in fine details the only problem being that they did not exist and it was just the human mind playing tricks in seeing patterns once more.

BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:14 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bltabloid-arch10.htm

Via Associated Press a photo of the burning twin towers includes a column of dark smoke in which "the eyes, nose, mouth and horns of a devil" can allegedly be seen. An AP spokesperson stated that the photo has not been retouched in any way.

"This was a dream come true for demons," opines the webmaster of the Christian Media home page. "An act of hatred and violence is a thrill ride for a demon, they not only participate, in so far as influencing someone to commit acts of violence, they get a thrill during the act. Demons knew what was going to happen in New York and they gathered there to jump in at the point of the impact, like a human jumping onto a moving train to have a thrill."

Psychologists call this phenomenon — i.e., the tendency to perceive human-like faces and forms or other familiar visual patterns in places they don't belong — "pareidolia." Vladik Kreinovich and Dima Iourinski of the University of Texas at El Paso Computer Science department conducted a geometric analysis of the billowing shapes some people have interpreted as the face of Satan and concluded "they can naturally be explained by the physics and geometry of fire."

BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:18 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-pareidolia.htm

Pareidolia is a phenomenon in which people perceive meaning in abstract stimuli. One of the most classic examples of pareidolia is probably cloud-watching; many people have spent some time gazing at clouds and picking out fanciful shapes. In addition to being visible, pareidolia can also be auditory in nature. This phenomenon is a form of apophenia, a tendency to create patterns where none exist.

A number of theories to explain pareidolia have been posited by psychologists and people who study human development. Often, pareidolia takes the form of recognizing a human face in an abstract object, like a cinnamon bun or a rock, and some people have suggested that humans may be hardwired to recognize other humans, so they are especially attuned to face-like features. More likely, humans have learned to be very careful about potential predators, and the brain may overreact to something which looks like a potential threat in order to stay safe.

Whatever the cause, this psychological phenomenon manifests in all sorts of interesting ways. The Man in the Moon, for example, is another well-known instance of pareidolia, with many cultures around the world having some sort of myth which references a person living in the moon. Mysterious messages in static and the appearance of religious figures on fruit are also examples of pareidolia. Sometimes artists take advantage of this to embed hidden images in their work; Georgia O'Keeffe's flower paintings, for example, are often perceived as paintings of something else.

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:25 am
@BillRM,
The imagination can be a good thing at times!

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 10:52 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The canals of Mars was drawn in fine details the only problem being that they did not exist and it was just the human mind playing tricks in seeing patterns once more.

No it wasn't, it was an eye disease. Look up Lowell's syndrome.
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 05:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Interesting theory on the seeing of Mars canals however if memory serve me correctly others also claimed to had seen them and I will still go with the likelihood that it was the human mind and not the human eyes that resulted in details maps of those canals.