Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 07:50 am
@spendius,
In an interview published in 1982 Normal Mailer was asked to define "Violence".

He first distinguished between personal violence and social violence such as war or Gulags.

Then he added the categories of censorship, excessively organised piety and charity drives which, he said, create personal violence as an antithesis due to the "spontaneous expressions" of a person's nature which feels "cut off by institutional deadenings" of it.

"Violence is directly proportional to the power to deaden one's mood which is possessed by the environment. Threatened with the extinction of our possibilities, we react with chronic raage."

"The first reaction, the heart of the violence, is the protection of the self. The second question, the moral question, is whether the self deserves to be protected, that is to say---was it honourable to fight? was the danger true? "

It is considerations of such matters that causes the length of the theological training of the priests of the Catholic religion. Which is not always successful as we are continually reminded despite such training not always being successful in any other large institution.

When there is a separation of Church and State it opens the door to preachers who have not felt the need to undergo such a stringent training and who rely on personal charisma to justify preaching whatever it is that suits their purposes which cannot help including the purposes of the contributing congregation. A tailored religion. There is a class bias in such engineering.

The Catholic Church draws its congregation from all classes over extensive periods of time. It is a mistake to seek to undermine the Catholic Church on the basis of the activities of these cults and heretical movements which claim to be representing Christianity.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 07:56 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
I don't think anyone who kills is progressing society at all. I am an atheist but I don't murder or think murder is just. How do you explain that then? I don't need a god to scare me into being nice to others or treating them with respect or not killing them.

But yet you have no problem with the legalization of Crack and heroine
??? And think that religious are wrong fro saying it is bad??? Why?? How are they right to you about Not killing, which you don't but are wrong about drugs??? Unless your personal choice is to use them???Then it is all clear to me, You will conform to religion as it helps you, but protest, when it is not for your benefit?? Sorry, that is not how a God operates....
spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:14 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I admire he gave me a gift, and know if you sought for him like I did you would see it too!

But how can we possibly seek Him like you did?

And if you admire the gift you are admiring the one to whom it was given as well. Which is yourself. Perfected unhumbleness. And, presumably, admiring the donor of the gift as well.

That none of us have been so fortunate as to have been singled out for what is a very special privilege suggests that you might have simply appointed yourself as such a recipient as a means of getting up everybody's nose whilst preaching the virtues of universal peace and goodwill to all men which only a few cynical intellectuals dare question the validity of. Or whether they are actually virtues.

I certainly can't imagine a world of peace and goodwill to all men functioning in a manner we have become accustomed to, addicted to even. Can you?
spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:16 am
@spendius,
Think of the unemployment.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:21 am
@spendius,
Quote:
When there is a separation of Church and State it opens the door to preachers who have not felt the need to undergo such a stringent training and who rely on personal charisma to justify preaching whatever it is that suits their purposes which cannot help including the purposes of the contributing congregation. A tailored religion. There is a class bias in such engineering.

The Catholic Church draws its congregation from all classes over extensive periods of time. It is a mistake to seek to undermine the Catholic Church on the basis of the activities of these cults and heretical movements which claim to be representing Christianity.

Thanks for that!! Wink Wink

Anyways, Anyone who embraces Jesus Christ, is a Christian, and should post/discuss/talk about how they feel about situations....and never just blindly accept anything....

If more Prophets arise, they are sure to understand things that may have been written wrong, or things the Church feels it is right about, but God would not approve, No?

Remember, those fathers (priests) Who speak well of the Prophets are false ones...The fathers who speak ill of the Prophets are true ones.... Wink 2 Cents
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:28 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Sorry, that is not how a God operates....

There you go again Spade. You know how God operates. Sheesh!! That's conceit of a very high order.

And if we did all seek the gift like you did and thus all found it--what then?

You would just be another run-of-the-mill gift recipient in a world of mass gift recipience. An ordinary Joe. And that would never do.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:28 am
@spendius,
Or possibly admiring the one who has sent the gift?....Humbleness....

Quote:
That none of us have been so fortunate as to have been singled out for what is a very special privilege suggests that you might have simply appointed yourself as such a recipient as a means of getting up everybody's nose whilst preaching the virtues of universal peace and goodwill to all men which only a few cynical intellectuals dare question the validity of. Or whether they are actually virtues.

Or could it be that God chose me?? And I am here to spread his words? So it is not about me, but about God??? Like I said, the only time it is brought up, is when asked....I do not know of another way to speak the truth, without crossing into being unhumble, can you??

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:32 am
@spendius,
Quote:
There you go again Spade. You know how God operates. Sheesh!! That's conceit of a very high order.

You would just be another run-of-the-mill gift recipient in a world of mass gift recipience. An ordinary Joe. And that would never do.

Was this just a personal attack or did it have a point to it???

Do you believe God operates by allowing people to Conform to him, when they feel like it, but reject him, and dismay him, when they disagree??

Wouldn't your church support that Faith is the way to find God, which would mean to have trust without reservation in everything he says??

So then I am not in the wrong for posting that, nor am I looking down upon anyone else when I posted that....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:42 am
@spendius,
Quote:

Then you would understand what I am saying, and not say I am misrepresenting Christianity...In my posts about peace, love, mercy, and acceptance....Since that is what Christ tought himself...Even though the laws, sometimes commanded death...

Quote:

It would do! I would be pleased if everyone had a Prophetic Gift...(Humble) So it would do for me....But perhaps that is why God does not give the gift to everyone? (they are not in the esp state of mind) Perhaps that is why you believe I am looking up others noses?? When I am not intending to do such a thing....
spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 08:53 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
There is nothing personal about an internet site publishing views and opinions Spade. Responses are concerned with the views and opinions.

I don't believe anything about God. The Church does support faith but not faith in anything the Church has considered unworthy or, if you prefer, theologically unsound.

It is that which requires humility. Bowing before the wisdom refined through ages of study and contemplation of all the circumstances by men not distracted by carnality or nepotism. Ideally not at least. And mostly adhered to. Even when not adhered to the ideal is untouched. Then it is personal failing.

Perhaps you should offer your talents to the Church. Maybe, as St Augustine said, "not just yet".
spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 09:02 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Perhaps that is why you believe I am looking up others noses?? When I am not intending to do such a thing....

But you are doing it nevertheless. Whatever your intentions might be asserted to be.

You are making an invidious comparison between those who have been granted the gift and those, the vast majority, who have not and who likely resent such a comparison. Not that I do btw. It would get up my nose if you were giving it me in the pub night after night.

Such an obviously arrogant attitude can only result in the decline of Christian thinking.
spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 09:08 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I do not know of another way to speak the truth, without crossing into being unhumble, can you??

Of course I do. It is to submit to the wisdom of the ages refined by the process I mentioned earlier.

You know nothing, nothing, about God as a concept of the sort you are talking about. It's about you only.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 09:11 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I don't believe anything about God. The Church does support faith but not faith in anything the Church has considered unworthy or, if you prefer, theologically unsound.

Is it theologically unsound to post to someone you can not find faith by thinking God is right in one instance and wrong in other??

Quote:
It is that which requires humility. Bowing before the wisdom refined through ages of study and contemplation of all the circumstances by men not distracted by carnality or nepotism. Ideally not at least. And mostly adhered to. Even when not adhered to the ideal is untouched. Then it is personal failing.

I do bow and accept humility....But I also understand the church does not have everything perfected...Do you believe that they do?? Is it wrong for me to post or other Christians to post or explain what they think the Church might be wrong about?? Without misrepresenting it, or looking down upon people?? Or not bowing at humility (God)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 09:14 am
@spendius,
Quote:
But you are doing it nevertheless. Whatever your intentions might be asserted to be.

You are making an invidious comparison between those who have been granted the gift and those, the vast majority, who have not and who likely resent such a comparison. Not that I do btw. It would get up my nose if you were giving it me in the pub night after night.

Such an obviously arrogant attitude can only result in the decline of Christian thinking.

No way! If you think spreading the words of God that shows mercy, love, acceptance, peace, etc...When the Church says homosexuals will burn is a decline in Christian thinking....I disagree...Jesus taught love, I teach love...The Church may disagree with me, but If I follow Christ, and are about spreading love, then I am not misrepresenting Christ...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 09:20 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Of course I do. It is to submit to the wisdom of the ages refined by the process I mentioned earlier.

Could they not have things wrong? That someone needs to come along to tell them otherwise? Why would God make Prophets if not?

Quote:
You know nothing, nothing, about God as a concept of the sort you are talking about. It's about you only.

No way! All my messages are derived around Christ, not myself....And about peace, mercy, love, and acceptance, Such as telling others they are going to be saved...rather than condemned....This is what Jesus would teach himself...As he did...He would not come to condemn people...Like you believe, and the Church says....Such as a Homosexual...adulterer, or one who embraces God, but not Christ....They will have the wisdom to accept Christ....And be saved...

If you think that makes my message about myself, and not God...I disagree...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 09:48 am
@spendius,
Quote:

I see, Since most my posts are about God, or Godly things, what exactly about me, or my posts, did you find intelligent, that you made a post to Bill about??
spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 09:55 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Is it wrong for me to post or other Christians to post or explain what they think the Church might be wrong about??

Yes--you are not qualified to speak on such matters as you do. Once you say the Church is wrong about anything you open the door to as many opinions as there are people.
spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 10:00 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I see, Since most my posts are about God, or Godly things, what exactly about me, or my posts, did you find intelligent, that you made a post to Bill about??

I was being mildly ironic. It's bad enough that atheists have nothing to laugh at without Christians getting the same way.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 12:38 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Yes--you are not qualified to speak on such matters as you do. Once you say the Church is wrong about anything you open the door to as many opinions as there are people.

Well, that is a very opinionated, not open-minded view...I must say...Then what qualifies them to say that I am wrong about what God tells me to speak in his name? And what makes them believe I am wrong, If I speak to them of things that the Church does that concerns me, and concerns God speaking to me....That they Know for certain I am wrong, and not a Prophet to help the Church advance?? Since we both embrace Jesus Christ....This is exactly why I dread writing a letter to the Pope, I know he will reject it...

Again, Fathers who speak well of the Prophets are false ones, and fathers who speak bad are the real ones....This is in the very Bible in every one of these churches, and God spoke these direct words, so it is not from my own mouth....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 12:40 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I was being mildly ironic. It's bad enough that atheists have nothing to laugh at without Christians getting the same way.

So you do not think I am intelligent?? And you were not giving a compliment to Bill??
0 Replies