Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Krumple

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 06:52 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
If the Patient is wrong, and believes in a Spaghetti Monster, who is not real, and makes you sick, and we all rot in the ground....No harm, no foul, each side of the equation....If the patient is right, and the doctor is wrong, then The doctor has some serious things to come to grips with, while the crazy person who believed in a Spaghetti Monster, and that he does not make you sick is gonna be just fine, whatever happens in the end....Whether he is not there, or whether he was! The Doctor can not argue the same! Wink Wink Very Happy 2 Cents

Really all you are doing here is playing with pascals wager. That it is better to assume a god exists because the result if one does exists is better than to assume one does not exist.

You honestly think a god would set up such a senario and then punish for failing to win the challenge? If such a god existed then it is far from worthy of any admiration or respect.

You are not posed with a 50/50 option because there are hundreds of thousands of religions. Any one of them could be right, but at the same time, they all could be wrong. You might claim that you have nothing to lose by taking your chances but you are wrong. There are consequences for your choice weather you are right or wrong.

A person who believes they live only one life and after dying there is nothing, might acrtually place more value on their time than a person who believes they get to continue existing after their life ends.

They might place more emphisis on relationships and trying get people to respect each other because we only have this one life. Killing others solves nothing and what generally drives others to kill, tends to often be associated with religion.

We should never assume. It is better to have supporting evidence so we can make rational decisions and thus far there is no supporting evidence that supports the idea that a god does exist. So we shouldn't be making life decisions based on that uncertanty. We definately shouldn't be killing or threatening others with harm as well. But the world is full of people who are willing to kill others because they believe they are certain a god exists and wants them to kill in it's name.
Krumple

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:03 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

EVERYONE HAS THE SAME ABILITY I DO>>>ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS GO LOOKING FOR GOD< LIKE I DID< AND IT WILL BE REVEALED IF THEY TRULY WANT THE GIFT< AND I DO NOT MEAN TEST GOD< BY SAYING LET ME SEE IT NOW, OR I WONT BELIEVE YOU, BUT I MEAN PUT YOUR LIFE IN GODS HANDS>>>>

WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE SAME EXACT EXPERIENCE, I CAN NOT ANSWER, BUT YOU WILL FIND WHAT YOU NEEDED, AND WERE LOOKING FOR< SO THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO FEEL LIKE YOU WERE LEFT OUT< OR NOT A CHOSEN ONE....THE CHOICE IS ALWAYS UP TO THE MORTAL....

AND WITH ALL OF WHAT YOU POSTED ABOVE....YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THE SAME EXACT THINGS WOULD HAPPEN OVER TIME IN AN ATHEISTIC SOCIETY???? (OF COURSE THEY WOULD)

THE ONES WHO GET IT, GET IT, THE ONES WHO DO NOT, NEVER WILL!!!!

Not sure why you felt it necessary to use caps.

You completely ignored the most important aspect to what I was pointing out.

A god getting involved or being selective on who gets what information would know that by doing so is creating problems. This means if it really were compassionate and all loving, it wouldn't get involved at all. Because to get involved is creating the problem. I know this, it would know this and thus there can only be so many explanations.

Either it doesn't care and knows it will create conflict by getting involved.

Either it knows it will create conflict but the conflict is necessary to weed out the unwanted.

Either it exists yet actually isn't actually getting involved, but those who believe it does are actually in error.

Either it does not exist and those who claim to have such experiences are really nothing more than their own imaginations run wild.

Those are the only possible outcomes to this consequence. In my opinion the one that reality tends to favor or the evidence that supports it's liklihood is the very last one.

If the first and second one are right then that god is not worthy of my admiration or respect because it is creating the conflicts in the world. Pinning people against each other and causing suffering.

The third option makes that god more of a deist that doesn't get involved in the existence it created. But then it becomes are careless observer and still not worthy of admiration or praise.

The last option is more likely the case because there is no supporting evidence for any gods and it has been shown many times that some mental illnesses result in people thinking they hear the voice of god in their heads.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Picture it Ryan a flying glob of spaghetti with a meat ball face and an actual spaghetti body. Do you truly believe that such a creature might exist and if so why?

You guys are the ones who deny a God...But are not certain....Believers are certain God is real....Why is it up to me to think and explain how or why I believe I am certain a Spaghetti Monster is so ridiculously unreal....or not...

If you guys believe your sure, but not certain, then you are the ones who need to accept the fact of something so ridiculous as a Spaghetti Monster being real....Since you can't prove the math probability to zero...

I do not believe that the Probability of God is close to a Spaghetti Monster....People like Bill do....

So it is moot....Anyways...
Krumple

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:21 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Why is it up to me to think and explain how or why I believe I am certain a Spaghetti Monster is so ridiculously unreal....or not..

I think yaweh is ridiculously unreal. A god that would brutally slaughter itself to create a loophole into it's own law so that it's own creation can be forgiven by it's own law. Seriously? This is the ONLY way it could solve this problem? It has to murder, kill, slay, or sacrafice the lamb to make it work? It couldn't just snap it's fingers and make the change? Blood has to be spilt for the offering to work? You don't find this absurd or ridiculous but you find the flying spaghetti monster to be? How funny is that?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:23 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
You honestly think a god would set up such a senario and then punish for failing to win the challenge? If such a god existed then it is far from worthy of any admiration or respect.

Hence the feeling of what you are not chosen, and feel people are pinned....

Quote:
You are not posed with a 50/50 option because there are hundreds of thousands of religions. Any one of them could be right, but at the same time, they all could be wrong.

Or they could all be right and point to the one same living God!

Quote:
You might claim that you have nothing to lose by taking your chances but you are wrong. There are consequences for your choice weather you are right or wrong.

Correct, and I would hope I am more right than wrong....But if there is no afterlife at all....It honestly does not really matter if you were a mass-murder, or prayed for 6 hrs a day, or help progress humanity....That is the ultimately answer....Sure any normal good person, with some kind of honesty and morality would do otherwise....But if you break it down...It really doesn't mean anything in the end....

Quote:
A person who believes they live only one life and after dying there is nothing, might acrtually place more value on their time than a person who believes they get to continue existing after their life ends.

And what about the people who do not follow this method?

Quote:
They might place more emphisis on relationships and trying get people to respect each other because we only have this one life. Killing others solves nothing and what generally drives others to kill, tends to often be associated with religion.

Really?? people who tend to kill tends to be most often based on religion?? Doubt it! DO you believe all the major gangs in the world are believers of Christ, or atheistic, or Satanists???

Again would the not exact same things happen over time in an atheistic society??? You just trying to win an argument if you answer that as a no in the affirmative.....

Quote:
We should never assume. It is better to have supporting evidence so we can make rational decisions and thus far there is no supporting evidence that supports the idea that a god does exist. So we shouldn't be making life decisions based on that uncertanty. We definately shouldn't be killing or threatening others with harm as well. But the world is full of people who are willing to kill others because they believe they are certain a god exists and wants them to kill in it's name.

And like I have said a few times before, then they are of the Devil not a represent of God....The Devil is God of Earth....God is God of Goodness....Perhaps you are confused or did not know that??

[/quote]I do not believe that a atheist person who kills is for progressing humanity, do you???

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:32 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Not sure why you felt it necessary to use caps.

It wasn't, I wanted to do it, no disrespect

Quote:
You completely ignored the most important aspect to what I was pointing out.

A god getting involved or being selective on who gets what information would know that by doing so is creating problems. This means if it really were compassionate and all loving, it wouldn't get involved at all. Because to get involved is creating the problem. I know this, it would know this and thus there can only be so many explanations.

Either it doesn't care and knows it will create conflict by getting involved.

Either it knows it will create conflict but the conflict is necessary to weed out the unwanted.

Either it exists yet actually isn't actually getting involved, but those who believe it does are actually in error.

Either it does not exist and those who claim to have such experiences are really nothing more than their own imaginations run wild.

Those are the only possible outcomes to this consequence. In my opinion the one that reality tends to favor or the evidence that supports it's liklihood is the very last one.

If the first and second one are right then that god is not worthy of my admiration or respect because it is creating the conflicts in the world. Pinning people against each other and causing suffering.

The third option makes that god more of a deist that doesn't get involved in the existence it created. But then it becomes are careless observer and still not worthy of admiration or praise.

The last option is more likely the case because there is no supporting evidence for any gods and it has been shown many times that some mental illnesses result in people thinking they hear the voice of god in their heads.

And all these reasons that you have that cause you to resent a God if real, though you say you believe he is not real, and people are in error....Is the reason you do not understand it, and why you will never experience it, to see otherwise...

This is clear, because you posted in the other major atheist/theist thread about showing you prayer works, when I explained situations I have seen...You said live with your damn ear infection and feed the hungry....

If you believe you are totally under the belief a God is not real, and people are delusional, I am not so sure that I buy that....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:41 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
I think yaweh is ridiculously unreal. A god that would brutally slaughter itself to create a loophole into it's own law so that it's own creation can be forgiven by it's own law. Seriously? This is the ONLY way it could solve this problem? It has to murder, kill, slay, or sacrafice the lamb to make it work? It couldn't just snap it's fingers and make the change? Blood has to be spilt for the offering to work? You don't find this absurd or ridiculous but you find the flying spaghetti monster to be? How funny is that?

How do you know there was a better way?? Maybe there was not....

Whats funny is that you go into detail about How God is not real because of all the bad choices, When no one knows for sure what a God is thinking if real....But you do not care to explain how ridiculous a Spaghetti Monster would be and why??? When I was asked to explain it....and You guys believe they are close in Probability....

So that looks to me like you have things about God, which makes you want to ask questions....That none could answer....You do not do that with a Spaghetti Monster?? Why??

Could it be, you find truth in God?? Or are actually pissed at him?? Rather than believing he is not real?? And on the same level as a Spaghetti Monster???

EXAMPLE: He is not a god worthy of my acceptance anyways....Which you stated above about 4 different ways....

Why explain this to me if he is not real, and I am in error??
Krumple

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:46 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Hence the feeling of what you are not chosen, and feel people are pinned....

yeah an thus all the conflict of the world would be induced by this god. It causes all the evil in the world then by doing so.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Or they could all be right and point to the one same living God!

That makes no sense when a huge majority of them contradict each other. You can't have two conflicting beliefs point to the same result. It makes no sense.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Correct, and I would hope I am more right than wrong....But if there is no afterlife at all....It honestly does not really matter if you were a mass-murder, or prayed for 6 hrs a day, or help progress humanity....

You have a very sad outlook on humanity then. Murder does impact people and that impact effects society. There are consequences to killing people. The fact that I have to point this out to you, scares me because you basically imply that if you didn't believe in a god, you would go around killing because there is no consequence for doing it. In other words you don't do things because they are good or thoughtful, you do them for a reward. You don't care about people, you only care because you were commanded to. Thats a rather pathetic outlook if you ask me.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

That is the ultimately answer....Sure any normal good person, with some kind of honesty and morality would do otherwise....But if you break it down...It really doesn't mean anything in the end....

Sure it does, it is called compassion and sympathizing with others. I don't believe in a god, so why am I not out killing or murdering others? Because I can empathize with others that since I don't want to be murdered why is it just for me to murder? I also see humanity as a social medium. This means that my existence is based on others. By killing others I actually make my own existence less productive. These two aspects allow me to come to the conclusion that it is wrong to murder, not because some supposed god says so but because it is bad for myself, bad for the victim and bad for the victims friends, family and society as a whole.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

And what about the people who do not follow this method?

I can't say for everyone who doesn't follow it but I would think their value on this life is far less than it should be. They might be squandering this life they have because they are assuming they will be given a better one later.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Really?? people who tend to kill tends to be most often based on religion?? Doubt it! DO you believe all the major gangs in the world are believers of Christ, or atheistic, or Satanists???

Gang violence is an indirect result of religious oppression. The religious demonize drug use and gangs develope as a means to sell drugs. They fight over territory and jockey for power and control. If drugs were legalized there would be far fewer gangs and the violence would be far less. So yes religion has caused this violence to occur by trying to impose itself onto society.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Again would the not exact same things happen over time in an atheistic society??? You just trying to win an argument if you answer that as a no in the affirmative.....

I am not saying that non believers don't murder or commit crimes like theft or damage to property. There would still be people in the world who want to have or control as much as they can and don't care who has to suffer in the wake of that desire. But on a whole, they would have far less support if it weren't driven by a religious conviction to carry them out.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
And like I have said a few times before, then they are of the Devil not a represent of God....The Devil is God of Earth....God is God of Goodness....Perhaps you are confused or did not know that??

A god who would allow another being, like some devil to have free reign on it's creation is even more undeserving of admiration or respect than one who wouldn't allow it.

That is like allowing a child molester to be a clown at a childrens birthday party. You know that this person is wicked yet you let them lose in an environment where they could cause harm to your children? You would allow that? It is absurd and not admirable at all. What would be the point? To prove to them that you are better? You would allow a being to be tortured and suffer just to prove a point you were better? You admire that?

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
I do not believe that a atheist person who kills is for progressing humanity, do you???

I don't think anyone who kills is progressing society at all. I am an atheist but I don't murder or think murder is just. How do you explain that then? I don't need a god to scare me into being nice to others or treating them with respect or not killing them.
Krumple

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:53 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

And all these reasons that you have that cause you to resent a God if real, though you say you believe he is not real, and people are in error....Is the reason you do not understand it, and why you will never experience it, to see otherwise...

Alright now you understand me. But there is a consequence if you are right. It means god plays favorites then. This is not admirable at all. It is like a parent who holds conditions on it's children. If the child doesn't behave in such a way, it is not worthy. Not very admirable you see. You respect that? You admire that? You think that is compassionate? That I need to think in just the right way to be worthy? Why is my brain working the way it does, result in me not being worthy? Shouldn't an all compassionate god not care if I behave in any way? Why does it play favorites? It can not be all loving if it plays favorites or expects me to do something or think in a particular way.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

If you believe you are totally under the belief a God is not real, and people are delusional, I am not so sure that I buy that....

Don't get me wrong Spade, I never said I am 100% certain no god exists. I am saying the way I understand reality, nothing supports it. I see no indication that a god is present. In fact I see just the opposite. I can't imagine that a god would think this is the best method. I can come up with a better one and I am no god.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:57 pm
@Krumple,
Going to watch some sports, and lay down....I will respond tomorrow.....Just so you're not waiting around...I appreciate you not getting hostile....And I bet you can see I did not do so in return....I am not looking for self praise here....Just to point out to a few who think I am hateful....

And they know who they are!! Wink Wink Wink Very Happy Mr. Green Razz
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 12:50 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

I do not believe that the Probability of God is close to a Spaghetti Monster....People like Bill do

You do think that believing in a spaghetti monster [ I am not talking about God] is crazy don't you?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 12:54 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
When no one knows for sure what a God is thinking if real.

I thought that you said God shares his thoughts with you.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 02:28 am
@reasoning logic,
Spades, I'm gaining the impression that all along you've "tried" to state "if there is a God" to try to be reasonable. But, on the same accord you "know" there is a God. So you have to in my opinion, state your belief full stop..

I know that people are protecting you, but to me that's on the outside world you know? You have to be careful what you do there, in the real World, I am glad that was pointed out, that's real.

But, given you are here for a purpose. IDK.. State your belief always.

spendius

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 06:34 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
I am saying the way I understand reality, nothing supports it. I see no indication that a god is present. In fact I see just the opposite. I can't imagine that a god would think this is the best method. I can come up with a better one and I am no god.

But if the way you understand reality gives no indication that a God is present then it is obvious nothing supports the idea in your understanding.

Perhaps you will offer a better method that your understanding does support. That you can come up with a better method doesn't take us very far.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 06:43 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
You do think that believing in a spaghetti monster [ I am not talking about God] is crazy don't you?

I already said you can not demonstrate a way to show it...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 06:44 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I thought that you said God shares his thoughts with you.

He does, but I am not right about everything, and I do not know everything that God speaks of....God's mind is incomprehensible....While a Prophet is said to know all the mysteries of God....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 06:47 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thanks, I do understand the importance....

People have already targeted me in ways....

But back off when they feel the presence of God.....
0 Replies

igm

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 07:16 am
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

Quote:
I think his message wouldn't be harmed if he dropped the prophet thing... to me it adds nothing to what he says... and those who are put off by the prophet thing may be put off him just because of that one difficult to accept assertion.

Meaning, he'd have more success in "spreading his word" belief, by not stating that, or that people will not like him, think that he's crazy and tarnish his persona....

I'm trying to ascertain the logic, in your thoughts as in how it helps him.

If someone stops saying something controversial... if it adds nothing to what is being said... people have short memories and the said controversy fades and all that is left is... well it depends whether one believes something worthwhile is missing or not missing.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 07:22 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
yeah an thus all the conflict of the world would be induced by this god. It causes all the evil in the world then by doing so.

You have a choice to stop it, Do not worship the God of Earth Satan, and worship the God who is God, and submit....And you will see your gift, and understand him....And be fulfilled....

Quote:
That makes no sense when a huge majority of them contradict each other. You can't have two conflicting beliefs point to the same result. It makes no sense.

I disagree, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, All point to the same truth....

Quote:
You have a very sad outlook on humanity then.

But it is the sad ultimate truth, like it or not!

Quote:
Murder does impact people and that impact effects society.

I agree!

Quote:
There are consequences to killing people.

I agree! I have never killed anyone, nor do I plan to ever do such a thing! If this malicious God of the Old Testament was right about that, why do you reason in your heart and believe what he does, is not the better of humanity??? Why does one cross the line, and say he was right about that...But wrong about this??? How can you be so certain he was wrong?? When your not even certain he is non-existent??

Quote:
The fact that I have to point this out to you, scares me because you basically imply that if you didn't believe in a god, you would go around killing because there is no consequence for doing it.

Wrong! What I am saying is if there was not a God, people would embrace this Idea, possibly in an atheistic society in the future....

Quote:
In other words you don't do things because they are good or thoughtful, you do them for a reward. You don't care about people, you only care because you were commanded to. Thats a rather pathetic outlook if you ask me.

Well you have it all wrong....I never said I do things for a reward....And that I don't care....Whether I am commanded or not, I am doing good, so it should not matter if it is from a God or not....The bottom line truth, is if a God did not implement laws...Such as the ten commandments...Which even most atheists agree are a good thing (at least most of them) Then there would be even less order than there is now, and people will contort atheistic views in the future just like Christians contort Christ's words....And people will believe they can kill, because it does not make a difference in the end...This is the Bold-faced truth...It is something I know will happen....If you do not like it, I can not sooth-say it for you...

Quote:
Sure it does, it is called compassion and sympathizing with others. I don't believe in a god, so why am I not out killing or murdering others? Because I can empathize with others that since I don't want to be murdered why is it just for me to murder? I also see humanity as a social medium. This means that my existence is based on others. By killing others I actually make my own existence less productive. These two aspects allow me to come to the conclusion that it is wrong to murder, not because some supposed god says so but because it is bad for myself, bad for the victim and bad for the victims friends, family and society as a whole.

And what happens in the future when atheists contort this view and kill people?? Because they will feel it ultimately does not make a difference??

Quote:
I can't say for everyone who doesn't follow it but I would think their value on this life is far less than it should be. They might be squandering this life they have because they are assuming they will be given a better one later.

What if squandering this life because there is a better one, is actually a better Idea, then living a mortal life to your fullest, when you can not be complete anyways??? Why not not squander this life, and be prepared for the next?? What is your atheistic alternative to that???

Quote:
Gang violence is an indirect result of religious oppression. The religious demonize drug use and gangs develope as a means to sell drugs. They fight over territory and jockey for power and control. If drugs were legalized there would be far fewer gangs and the violence would be far less. So yes religion has caused this violence to occur by trying to impose itself onto society.

So do you believe drugs like crack cocaine, and heroine should be legal? Or is it really theists fault, that people use drugs, and that these users are out of touch with reality...When like we talked about above any moral person who values this life and does not want to squander it away...Can see that a theists saying drug use is a very damaging and bad thing to do, is a good moral....and helps people from squandering???

Quote:
I am not saying that non believers don't murder or commit crimes like theft or damage to property. There would still be people in the world who want to have or control as much as they can and don't care who has to suffer in the wake of that desire. But on a whole, they would have far less support if it weren't driven by a religious conviction to carry them out.

If an atheistic society evolves in the next 1000 years or so, there will be people who do just as evil ****, as people do in a religious moral society....I do not understand why many of you think if we had an atheistic world view, It would not be just as bad....But since we would have no God to fear, or penalties from religion to kick us back in....The atheists would be lost, and at some point there would be utter chaos everywhere....

Quote:
A god who would allow another being, like some devil to have free reign on it's creation is even more undeserving of admiration or respect than one who wouldn't allow it.

That is the way it goes...And the reason why you deny a God, based on the Devil....

Quote:
That is like allowing a child molester to be a clown at a childrens birthday party. You know that this person is wicked yet you let them lose in an environment where they could cause harm to your children? You would allow that? It is absurd and not admirable at all. What would be the point? To prove to them that you are better? You would allow a being to be tortured and suffer just to prove a point you were better? You admire that?

The point is, is that Life on Earth is not the most fruitful, or plentiful as it gets...And the way to separate yourself from one of them, is to find God...Which goes beyond Earthly things...

Quote:
I don't think anyone who kills is progressing society at all. I am an atheist but I don't murder or think murder is just. How do you explain that then? I don't need a god to scare me into being nice to others or treating them with respect or not killing them.

Right because the whole God forces people is wrong...He does not....Why do you believe (based on what you said above) that most murdering is a cause of religious then?? If you do not believe that murdering is progressing humanity, Why is it so wrong for God to list though shall not murder?? And if you think he was right, why would you have a problem with other things he says?? Such as the Devil thing?? Why do you not believe he does things that are unknown?? He was right about that, so he could be right about this....and everything he says is not bullshit....Also, What about in an atheistic society 1000 years from now, if people do murder to murder, and there is no God to scare them back into reality??? Is the world truly going to be a better place for humans or worse??

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 07:35 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Alright now you understand me. But there is a consequence if you are right.

It means god plays favorites then.

Nope!

Quote:
This is not admirable at all. It is like a parent who holds conditions on it's children. If the child doesn't behave in such a way, it is not worthy.

Not very admirable you see. You respect that?

His way? Over yours and mine? Yes!

Quote:
You admire that?

I admire he gave me a gift, and know if you sought for him like I did you would see it too!

Quote:
You think that is compassionate?

If you can not handle truths about him, how would you be able to deal with dreams of being in Hell??

Quote:
That I need to think in just the right way to be worthy?

You are already worthy, But if you question a God and his ways...How are you being admirable? Compassionate? Respectful? etc...

Quote:
Why is my brain working the way it does, result in me not being worthy?

Because you feel God is unworthy....So he is letting you destroy yourself, When all you have to do, is embrace him...and the problem is solved....

Quote:
Shouldn't an all compassionate god not care if I behave in any way?

He does care!

Quote:
Why does it play favorites? It can not be all loving if it plays favorites or expects me to do something or think in a particular way.

Why not? If you believe you can out think a God...Then he believes the punishment is fit for the crime....And you do not have a gift, and why your mind is tormented with thoughts....How could an all knowing God give you a gift, if you would squander it, and use it against him??

Quote:
Don't get me wrong Spade, I never said I am 100% certain no god exists. I am saying the way I understand reality, nothing supports it. I see no indication that a god is present. In fact I see just the opposite. I can't imagine that a god would think this is the best method. I can come up with a better one and I am no god.

What is this better method?? And if you as a mortal can, why are you not certain Gods are not real??