Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Bunnycorn

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 02:37 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
He would have to answer to me as to why he was such a dick, and let all those poor children suffer, all this monstorous **** happened, how he created the universe in 7 days, and thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands of other questions.
Bunnycorn

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 02:42 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Here's a better question. What would happen if the Muslim God (His name fails me), met Jesus, met Buddha, and then they all met the Greek Gods, who met all the other gods. Would war break out?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 02:44 pm
@Bunnycorn,
So you don't think the parents had a hand in the children suffering?

Or do you think there is no such thing as free will?
Chights47

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 03:28 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 03:47 pm
@Chights47,
That really is a Good video for anyone who finds value in being logically consistent.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 03:55 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I can hear your mother now! "that awful red lipstick. Laughing
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 04:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I can hear your mother now! "that awful red lipstick.

LMAO... Good memory Wink Oi, it was pink and not much other make-up. See how rebelious I can be Smile

I just watched that Video - I think that's a question on everyone's mind, as to why it is allowed to occur.... The only answer ever given, is "there is an answer"... full stop... Perhaps if there were more Miracles, we'd feel better.. IDK. Maybe there actually has been and is, but we choose to only see the bad things that occur in life and focus on those.. I wonder if I googled, how many "Miracles" would actually be accounted for over the 10's of hundreds or thousands of years.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 04:37 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
True love of God is characterised by humility, my dear. Spade does not exhibit many signs of humility as far as I can see. He has chosen "master" in his username for a start and now he's making a grotesque fuss over his birfday.

Spades Master Application on Myspace Apps. Spades is a classic American card game. Play with a friend against others or play alone.

Sometimes, we can't exactly assume... Perhaps "Ryan" played spadesmaster when bored for years and assumed the name ....

Spendius.. The World is made up by a whole lot of different personalities, people that need love, need to feel special, as well as people that don't ever show it, but appreciate it when it's given and hide behind their excitement and those that don't have any excitement in their life to share, living day by day in a World that seems to have no real purpose... In-other-words we are all different.. I see Ryan as a "little boy" yet a man, who gets excited when it's his birthday... So be it... There is nothing wrong with that. I don't understand why you had to write that to be honest... Sometimes, what you think doesn't need to be written.

Quote:
One assumes approval of that is associated with approval of a similar fuss being made over the birfday of those doing the approving. It is well known that approval of someone one agrees with is self praise.

Asserted love of God is anything anybody wishes it to be. Without the humility such statements are aggressive.

One sometimes "needs" approval.. or to feel that he/she actually can believe, that the "friends" he/she claims are actual, factual... Given Ryan's whole being is about "believing" again, so be it.

Asserted love of wanting to be loved, is anybody's wishes Smile Without humanity, such a life would be horrible to live in as yes, all there would be is aggression.

[urlhttp://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/426519_267963799948159_167706413307232_603472_40652121_n.jpg][/url]
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 04:39 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Perhaps if there were more Miracles, we'd feel better.. IDK. Maybe there actually has been and is, but we choose to only see the bad things that occur in life and focus on those..

That does seem true. I can not speak for all atheist but I would think that some may see it similar as me. I think that there are miracles like us just being here even if every thing is by chance some how. Atheists see all of the good in the world as well as the bad they just don't seem to try and blame it on a devil or try and give credit to a God for all of the good.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 05:04 pm
@Chights47,
The point was that God favours free will, it is a key Christian dogma, and people favour evil.

The Marquis de Sade denied free will. I don't see how a materialist could do otherwise. Not and remain a proper materialist as opposed to a half-baked one.

Let's go back to the post--

Quote:

Do you simply wish to exonerate the parents and blame God for the suffering of the children which has no other cause than the exercise of free will of the parents except in those primitive people who did, or do, not know that copulation causes children.

BTW--I didn't watch the video.

spendius

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 05:16 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I see Ryan as a "little boy" yet a man, who gets excited when it's his birthday... So be it... There is nothing wrong with that. I don't understand why you had to write that to be honest... Sometimes, what you think doesn't need to be written.

Fair enough. But parading it on a public forum is another matter. It fosters a world of birfdays and I'm opposed to that on health grounds.

As you said--"forever young". There are no birfdays for the forever young.

Quote:
May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous
May you grow up to be true
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you
May you always be courageous
Stand upright and be strong

May your hands always be busy
May your feet always be swift
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung

Some of the 1981 performances by Dylan of that are worth searching for.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 05:26 pm
@spendius,
Smile

I love that song actually....

Hey spendius, my Birthday is the 19th of June, and I will be a young 49... and I am a Gemini, don't you dare forget it, I expect a PM Smile

Fair enough... Everyone has their viewpoints... I'm forever "nice" .....

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 05:32 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

You only like fiction don't you?

Chights47

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 05:40 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
The point was that God favours free will, it is a key Christian dogma, and people favour evil.

The Marquis de Sade denied free will. I don't see how a materialist could do otherwise. Not and remain a proper materialist as opposed to a half-baked one.

Let's go back to the post--

Quote:

Do you simply wish to exonerate the parents and blame God for the suffering of the children which has no other cause than the exercise of free will of the parents except in those primitive people who did, or do, not know that copulation causes children.

If you accept the free-will bs then you must also accept that God cannot, and does not do anything for us...assuming he even exists in the first place. Your God is either evil, worthless, or non-existent.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 05:42 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Logic, you watching the weather??

I use to watch the weather everyday but now I am lucky if I see it once a month
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 05:46 pm
@Chights47,
Quote:
If you accept the free-will bs then you must also accept that God cannot, and does not do anything for us.

I thought that needed repeating.

It seems hopeless Craig, If you want to believe something bad enough you can find logic to support your view. example God can answer prayers and allow you to freely choose if you want to receive them or not.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 06:02 pm
@voiceindarkness,
That is diving kinda deep there Voice. How have you been? We have not seen you in a while.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 06:03 pm
@Chights47,

Quote:
If you accept the free-will bs then you must also accept that God cannot, and does not do anything for us...assuming he even exists in the first place. Your God is either evil, worthless, or non-existent.

If below is factual.. Then he did alot of things "miracles" to show that he did exist until MAN decided to kill him.....

As such we are walking in Man's World now... What "he" created. There are still Miracles occuring everyday. Some choose to "see those" other's never see them, as they are searching for non-existance and therefore, focus only on the negatives in this World...

Or, they challenge as your video does, why? Why let a little baby die? Maybe there was a worse future for that baby, and so, it's gone back to be re-born, who knows. We will never have the answer whilst we too walk the Earth as Man...

It is also possible, that the Earth as we "Man" decided for it to be run by Man, not God or Jesus, by killing him that it is Man now who has to make the choice as to where he intends to go after... Why would a God prevent everything on Earth when he wasn't heard the first time... Fight as you may, man against man, and in the end the choice is yours, free will of where you decide you will go in the after - life... Is pretty much a thought that could work.

1 Born of a virgin

2 Changing water into wine

3 Healing of the royal official's son

4 Healing of a man possessed by a demon in Capernaum

5 Healing of Simon Peter's mother-in-law

6 Healing the sick during the evening

7 Catching a large number of fish

8 Healing a leper

9 Healing a centurion's servant

10 Healing a paralyzed man

11 Healing a withered hand

12 Raising a widow's son