Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

spendius

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 02:43 pm
@izzythepush,
His utopian reveries when drifting into sleep might be interesting.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 02:52 pm
@izzythepush,
I see you found some new balls to lick. Is it getting close to last call for the 2 of you?
spendius

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 03:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
Oh dear!! What desperation. Most unoriginal.

I've had years of these atheist types who everytime I signal an agreement with somebody start suggesting that we get a room. I had never heard of the gambit before I came on A2K. It must be an American thing.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 03:08 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I had never heard of the gambit before I came on A2K. It must be an American thing.

No it is an Izzy thing, I would have never known about it myself if it were not for Izzy.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 03:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Ok let me see if I understand you correctly, You seem to be suggesting that there is no way that atheist and theist could tell if a person is in a make believe world or not. What if this person believes he is a spaghetti monster? are you still suggesting that we have no system for determining whether this person is the spaghetti monster or not? So you are saying that atheist and theist have no common way of detecting if someone is Jesus or not?

What I am saying is people are either logical mostly, or Illogical mostly...It does not matter if you theist, agnostic, or atheist...Or anything else....

If people are mostly logical then they are, and If people are mostly illogical then they are....The same hold true for a theist, agnostic, or atheist....

Can they change from being logical to not? Yes....and Can they change from being illogical to logical... yes, But that is a different argument....

Most times the sides will disagree, and this argument is moot...Because one side is not really being Illogical and the other being logical, and flipped around at times....They just disagree, And the logic/illogical, is in the eye of the beholder....So what most atheists feel theists are illogical about, theists think they are logical about....And vice versa for what theists think about atheists....

So I do not believe there will ever be a way to demonstrate that both sides think that a person can be logical or illogical....

If there is a person who seems to be logical from both sides...Then chances are this person is not on the side of either of the 2, and just makes his points with both sides, and could be illogical by posting something wrong from time to time....

If both sides agree that someone is illogical, or out there, Regardless of what they believe....Then it stands to be, that this person is not logical....And thinks illogically a very high amount of the time...And may sometimes say thinks that are logical....But really is never thinking logical at all...

And because the sides are so Polar opposite, I do not see how there can be a demonstatible way to prove from both sides, that one is logical from both sides....Or that a person is illogical from both sides....

If it happens then they are probably neither atheist, or theist, and if they seem to be illogical from both sides, then it stands to be, they really never are thinking logical a very high amount of time...

It is all in the eye of the Beholder as to what being logical or illogical really is...

Since that is the case...How could anyone demonstrate a way to "prove" it? Or "prove" otherwise??
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 03:16 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Ok let me see if I understand you correctly, You seem to be suggesting that there is no way that atheist and theist could tell if a person is in a make believe world or not. What if this person believes he is a spaghetti monster? are you still suggesting that we have no system for determining whether this person is the spaghetti monster or not? So you are saying that atheist and theist have no common way of detecting if someone is Jesus or not?

Please reread and see that I am not directly asking you about logic.

What I am asking is if there is a way for atheists and theists to determine whether a person is the spaghetti monster or Jesus.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 03:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
Reread what I said...

No there isn't....

How could you do it???

What if someone really was a spaghetti monster?? or what if someone really was Jesus??

That would mean that almost everyone was wrong....and it would not even matter what this method was that demonstrates otherwise is/or says...

And everyone else was illogical, and wrong, and this person was the logical one...

So it boils down to majority, or consensus...Not something that can be demonstrated....And it all lies in the eye of the beholder as to what actually is logical or illogical....

There is no other way it could be done...And if you can think of a way...I am interested in hearing how??
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 03:27 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Thank you Ryan I knew that you would have an answer. Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 03:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
No problem! Anytime! Wink Wink Smile Very Happy Mr. Green
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 03:33 pm
Somehow the historical existence of a Jesus does not end the discussion. Two major religions claim Jesus yet only one claims his divinity.

Several "religions" prior to the Christianity Cult had a deity with the same properties as a Jesus. SO, the story is more probably of a forensic interest.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 03:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
In terms of an actual God being real...If the Messiah comes, he will demonstrate it in a way, that there is no guessing about it....No logical or illogical about it...

No method to demonstrate his validity or not...It will just be....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 03:54 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
SO, the story is more probably of a forensic interest.

How so??

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 04:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
How so? Like the following link that describes 10-christ like figures that predates the christian jesus. Notice the similarities.

http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-like-figures-who-pre-date-jesus/
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 04:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If My memory serves me correctly Ryan thinks that all of the other gods could be the same God as the one he worships now. If I am wrong I am sure Ryan will correct me.

spendius

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 04:59 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
@farmerman,
Quote:

SO, the story is more probably of a forensic interest.

How so??

The sacrificed male God with the roots in the matriarchy.

Beware of females wearing crucifix ornamentation prominently. It might be a fashion accessory but it might not and the risk is not worth taking when there are so many well brought up ladies who like baking pies and cakes and puddings and having the slippers ready and who prefer controlling men the sensible way.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 05:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
No it is an Izzy thing, I would have never known about it myself if it were not for Izzy.

What's interesting about it rl is that you think two blokes who agree on some trivial point should lick each other's balls.

Where you got the idea is irrelevant. The fact that you embraced it enthusiastically is far more significant.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 05:09 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

What's interesting about it rl is that you think two blokes who agree on some trivial point should lick each other's balls.

Izzy likes being a smart ass at times so I give it back to him the way he likes it. It is what he understands and it has nothing to do with what I think is good for him.
spendius

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 05:16 pm
@reasoning logic,
We were discussing your enthusiastic acceptance of the procedure as demonstrated by your post.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 06:42 pm
@spendius,
You seem to be fascinated by the ball licking idea. It must suck being so old and lonely that that arouses you. Rolling Eyes
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 06:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks for the link it turned me onto this great video

0 Replies