Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
In a country known for its religious tolerance.

Are you suggesting that no one is religiously intolerant now and there wasn't even more of them during Newton's life in your great country?
BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He was a man of this time and he earn $$$$ and positions in the courts for doing some of the nonsense he did.

How must of the supernatural elements he himself believe in is unknown,

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:44 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
He was a man of this time and he earn $$$$ and positions in the courts for doing some of the nonsense he did.

How must of the supernatural elements he himself believe in is unknown,

Absolutely. We do not know. I am not even sure we can make an enlightened guess.

All I mentioned was that he was into it. It may have been a sham...as you suggest.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:52 pm
@reasoning logic,
No I'm telling you that at the time, as of now, we were one of the most tolerant countries in the world. That's why your Pilgrim Fathers left, so they could set up their own intolerant utopia.

You cannot find evidence that Newton ever feared he would be tortured, so you post that bollocks
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:53 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

No he didn't, he earned £££. Just another glaring inaccuracy.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Like Nigel Adkins, manager of the Saints.

Let's hope he is more of a sportsman than the manager of the Saints in New Orleans who has rendered the NFL pointless and of no further interest.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 05:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You cannot find evidence that Newton ever feared he would be tortured, so you post that bollocks

No silly, I just know how smart you think you are and I get a kick out of seeing someone who is a legend in their own mind explain himself.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 05:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
I don't think I'm particularly smart, but it's fairly obvious you're very stupid. You know absolutely nothing about History, and you've not proven anything other than your own idiocy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 05:24 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
Like Nigel Adkins, manager of the Saints.

Let's hope he is more of a sportsman than the manager of the Saints in New Orleans who has rendered the NFL pointless and of no further interest.

Well as I know absolutely nothing about the NFL, I'll take your word for it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 06:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
That might depend on what you call torture, here in the USA many people do not consider water boarding torture.

The Spanish Inquisition considered it torture.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 06:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The Spanish Inquisition considered it torture.

Yes they did
Wikipedia

Dating back to the Spanish Inquisition, the suffocation of bound prisoners with water has been favored because, unlike most other torture techniques, it produces no marks on the body.[27] CIA officers who have subjected themselves to the technique have lasted an average of 14 seconds before capitulating

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 07:40 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Well that can't be that hard can it? It will happen

LOL...That is what I said! Get outta my brain!! J/k I said they basically have to lose the rest to not get it??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 08:00 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Found Soul...Frank is right, and he described it impeccable...I do not know if I could have worded it so simplistic but accurate myself...!!

Bill is arguing the People who have a Saintly gift on earth...Before judgement...= a Sub-God...Or a God on Earth, while their is a Main God in the Sky...And that Catholics or Christian embrace these Saints as a Sub-God...

Which is just kinda futile....In every sense....Almost 99.99999% (just for argument sake, as I am bound to believe that their are people on the planet who MAY believe a Saint is a form of God....So I will list a ridiculous number, So that it says there is a Chance, but it is futile...Because the number is astronomically low, not even close to 1%, I would estimate) of Every Christian understands the difference....And do not or would never believe a Saint is a form of a God till judgement in Heaven occurs...Or even if the Catholic Church feels one who has a Saint like Gift on Earth is Canonized as a Saint...(which is what Frank said about the Thousands) But they as well as the others understand, they still are not a God at all...And Christ is God....

Because according to the Catholic Church....There are about 4 or 5 groups of Gifts from God, that everyone receives....and then there are 4 or 5 sub groups under them, with a gift some may have some may not have, but we all have one...I will link it here....

This is a bit different than the last sight I looked at...To see what Gifts I would say I think I have, and can not find it again...

But you will be able to understand based on this one....

http://mintools.com/gifts-list.htm

But this does not mean that Christians believe with their gifts, or others seeing these gifts = SUB-gods...

LoL, I threw that Sub large, because I guess it is time to go to subway after this!!!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 08:02 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Smile Careful, we'll be accused of being (1) person Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 08:04 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

LOL...Lets ask Izzy to be sure! Wink Wink Izzy, Does you manager of your Saints set up bounties, So that if an apposing player is injured, your coach will pay his players money for it, behind closed doors??? Mr. Green Mr. Green 2 Cents

It is hard Spendius, for someone to be LESS of a sport!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 08:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Careful, we'll be accused of being (1) person

LOL...This is how the other page Described it...

The Highest thing you could be is an Apostle, Which is one who builds up a church...Then a Prophet....One who speaks with God, or is foretelling...Then a Saint....One who does a Miracle...Then a Person who speaks in Angelic tongues, and one who has an interpretation of them etc...Going down the list...

Then Under each group....The Gift of Prophecy is the Highest, to Things mentioned in the previous link I said such as, Knowledge, Wisdom, Faith etc...

Then another group under the last category, that says....

Things like, Under Knowledge, Wisdom, Faith etc...

This group would be something like...Ability to act reasonable in knowledge Wisdom, Faith etc...Then, next gift, Understandings in Knowledge, Wisdom, Faith etc....

All the way down to you get to the miss. gifts which would be...Missionary work, Celibacy etc...

With SUB-contexts to how you act using these miss. gifts....

But never have I heard or seen anyone claiming they were God from it, Nor did another Glorify another as God because of it, Which is what Bill is ultimately saying....

So if it helps him out...I will say there maybe 1,000 people on the globe who hold this view...The rest understand their gift, and use it wisely...And would never believe they are God, or another is God from it...

The last page just listed them all...And in Alphabetical order....With their descriptions....
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:37 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Saints have got quite a good record as a clean club. I've not heard of such a thing in any of the football leagues, and I think it might be illegal.

Currently we're 4th in the fair play league out of 24, which counts up the number of red and yellow cards given out. They're not just given out for violent incidents though, deliberate handball is a bookable offence.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/fairplay/_/league/eng.2/english-league-championship?cc=5739#
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 02:07 am
@izzythepush,
I seen this movie once years back...Where a guy slid to slap kick the ball...when he was sliding his cleat caught the ground, and I seen his leg snapped right into 2 broken fragments...It was very gruesome to watch indeed! post#3,000
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 02:10 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I've not heard of such a thing in any of the football leagues, and I think it might be illegal.

Yes! like 6 people got suspended without pay for the bounties...And the Coach is gone for the year...That was why Spendius made the claim about how bad of a sport he is...And why he made football pointless....

The guy who started it all, may be banned for 2 years or so...And if football wants they can do even more...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 02:44 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
But this does not mean that Christians believe with their gifts, or others seeing these gifts = SUB-gods...

LoL, I threw that Sub large, because I guess it is time to go to subway after this!!!

I couldn't help it, SUBconscious reminded me of FOOD Smile

I can not see how anyone honestly, would look at someone like Mother Teresa as a sub god, rather , someone "used" not to be tacky, to show that "A God" can exist, ie) Miracles do exist... It's how supposidly Jesus showed people, how else can the deceased show that faith and belief can create miracles? Etc.....