Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:08 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
The fantasy repeat fantasy concept of saints on it face is a way to add as element that was missing from the early church to make if more appealing to the pagans the church then wished to convert just as co-oping the times of pagan holidays for claims events in the Christian religion happen to be.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:11 pm
@BillRM,
Put it this way...You have a Better chance at guessing How many people on the Globe are an actual Prophet of God, or a Saint...Then how many people actually embrace Christianity, and think a Prophet or Saint is a God...
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:19 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Without believing Christ is God) would agree that Christ is God in this organization...And they agree on this one thing...So does that = Jesus is God to you??

Whole colonies of early Christians who was on the wrong side of the Jesus is god or just had god elements was put to the sword until only one viewpoint was allow to move forward in time.

Newton happen to had questions/doubt about Jesus being divine but he rightly keep that opinion very very secret to avoid being torture to death and only now in some of his writings on the subject are coming to light.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:20 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The fantasy repeat fantasy concept of saints on it face is a way to add as element that was missing from the early church to make if more appealing to the pagans the church then wished to convert just as co-oping the times of pagan holidays for claims events in the Christian religion happen to be.

Nope! Because people still claim to be a Prophet, or a Saint today and are canonized...Such as Saint Pio, and Like Pope John Paul II will be...and so will Mother Teresa...But none involved people "believing" they were an actual God....And like I said, if the person was so high on them...I am sure they would have talked to them or others...And the person who was embraced as a God would have said I am not God, or a God, there is only one, and it is Christ....

This is such a feeble line to try to cross...It is not even worth debating....It is simply Futile in every sense!!

I agree, that there maybe 1,000 people on the globe who embrace Christianity, and may think a Saint etc...Is God...But other than that...Nada....

There are more people who have Blind faith indeed, and have seen nothing...then ones who believe a Saint is a form of a God!!! Or a sub-God...the number comparison...Is astronomically higher!!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:20 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Christianity is not suppose to have sub-gods when Saints in fact act in that mode for Catholics.

Not just Catholics, but anyone with good taste, unless you're from Peterborough of course. Posh got a bit of a thrashing last night.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:37 pm
@BillRM,
I agree, that there maybe 1,000 people on the globe who embrace Christianity, and may think a Saint etc...Is God...But other than that...Nada....

There are more people who have Blind faith indeed, and have seen nothing...then ones who believe a Saint is a form of a God!!! Or a sub-God...the number comparison...Is astronomically higher!!

This "also proves" It is not a prerequisite for people of faith to see a Saint or miracle to believe...and it strengthens their faith...Not diminishes it, to putting faith in a Saint...But it is a prerequisite for a Saint to do a miracle for people of doubts to convert to Christianity...

Just like the Bible claims..."Even though you do not believe me, Believe the miracles...that you may believe in me"....(Christ)

Can we just agree to drop this?? I am getting a headache from trying to dissect this...and argue this nano-fracturial point!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:46 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Newton happen to had questions/doubt about Jesus being divine but he rightly keep that opinion very very secret to avoid being torture to death and only now in some of his writings on the subject are coming to light.

You really love talking out of your arse don't you? This is about as true as Henry VIII seven wives. John Dee had already stated that Jesus was not the son of God one hundred years previously, and he claimed no lesser authority than the angel Uriel.

If you bother to read anything about Newton you'll find that he wrote more books on magic than anything else. He was English, and greatly admired, there was no way he would have been tortured. He wasn't subject to the Inquistion.

Your blinkered, simplistic approach to History is indicative of the way you think in general.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 01:14 pm
@izzythepush,
And Newton was heavily into the occult and alchemy also, Izzy.

Bill really is having a bad day here.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 01:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Bill has a simplistic world view, as fantastical as the most fundamentalist Christian. He is not, like a true scientist, interesting in learning or debating, just in proving his simplistic world view.

It would help if he bothered to check his facts, before ridiculing and belittling others. His inability to see that magic and science were once one and the same thing, Henry VIII's seven wives, and the pope being responsible for the persecution of the Knight's Templars are symptomatic of a much wider malaise.

spendius

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 01:47 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

I've never heard of Newton being in any danger of that.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 02:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Do either of you or Spendius like Guinness (TM)?? I can not stand it...And I am Irish...not that it matters, but a lot of Irish pubs around here...Gobble that stuff down like it is water!!

I was a mechanic for a bowling alley....And they had an Irish night...Once a year, Where Irish folks would bowl for prizes, and they would go thru cooler after cooler of that stuff!! (lol, yes, they rigged a cooler, so that it would be a simple set up of a keg...)

Have you ever heard of IPA Doghead (TM)??
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:20 pm
@izzythepush,
Don't people actually, really view a Saint as someone "sent" from God... A sub God reminds me of subway sandwiches, or a junior burger in the making.. Maybe I am hungry.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:30 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Don't people actually, really view a Saint as someone "sent" from God

Catholic view: Anyone who attains Heaven is a saint. The Church has named many saints (thousands), but any person who ends up in Heaven is a saint.

There also is the concept of Archangels. These are special high-ranking angels who appear never to have had human form. These guys (they all seem to be men, although an argument can be made for non-gendered)...are usually used as messengers from god.

Quote:
.. A sub God reminds me of subway sandwiches, or a junior burger in the making..

Me too...or someone in charge of a sub shop.

Quote:
Maybe I am hungry.

Sounds that way to me.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
there was no way he would have been tortured

That might depend on what you call torture, here in the USA many people do not consider water boarding torture.

Wikipedia
According to most scholars, Newton was a monotheist who believed in biblical prophecies but was Antitrinitarian.[6][75] 'In Newton's eyes, worshipping Christ as God was idolatry, to him the fundamental sin'.[76] Historian Stephen D. Snobelen says of Newton, "Isaac Newton was a heretic. But ... he never made a public declaration of his private faith—which the orthodox would have deemed extremely radical. He hid his faith so well that scholars are still unravelling his personal beliefs."[6] Snobelen concludes that Newton was at least a Socinian sympathiser (he owned and had thoroughly read at least eight Socinian books), possibly an Arian and almost certainly an anti-trinitarian.[6] In an age notable for its religious intolerance, there are few public expressions of Newton's radical views, most notably his refusal to take holy orders and his refusal, on his death bed, to take the sacrament when it was offered to him.[6]
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:57 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
My mate likes Guinness, but he's got bad guts and he can't drink much else. I don't like it, it's the polar opposite of what I like in a beer.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:59 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Don't people actually, really view a Saint as someone "sent" from God

Like Nigel Adkins, manager of the Saints.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49102000/jpg/_49102974_adkins140910.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:02 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
In an age notable for its religious intolerance,

In a country known for its religious tolerance.

Is that the best you can do?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Haha..

Now, yes, they do think they are Gods but note the words behind him also on the right? PLAYER ! giggles
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:08 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
We've been playing very well, we only need two points out of a possible six to guarantee promotion to the Premiership.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 04:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Well that can't be that hard can it? It will happen Smile