52
   

Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

 
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  0  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:37 pm
@izzythepush,
...the question rather is if you want to use glasses ? Laughing (just kidding)
XXSpadeMasterXX
 
  2  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:43 pm
@igm,
as far as I know Buddhism...isn't much different in the fact of "using" experiences in Hell to clear and clean a person state...the ONLY difference is Buddhism says then you are reincarnated and reborn....where as if with God/Jesus...it easy to see that, if your purified then there (to me) is no NEED to be reborn and live 14 more lives in order to find enlightenment....but that it can be found after one purging....
Arella Mae
 
  2  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:47 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

and I ask because I don't remember Arella...but I "think" I remember....does it say in scripture, the one way is by "faith" in Jesus Christ?


Scripture says no one gets to the Father without going through Christ. It also says Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:49 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

reasoning logic wrote:

I like your thinking in this last post of yours!

So you like:
'I feel he means people may go to hell but be purged and forgiven...'
So we go off to hell and are tortured for some length of time that seems appropriate to God/Jesus. Then we are taken 'fresh as a daisy' to live for eternity in heaven. You like this thinking ....why?


I would like to be clear from the beginning that I am an atheist! This does not mean that I do not have compassion for others, ' it only means that I am not a theist!

I find great value in ethics and wish that all would study the subject.

I also study psychology and neuroscience and have come to the conclusion that people are not fully responsible for their actions even though society likes to hold them fully responsible!

Below viewing threshold (view)
XXSpadeMasterXX
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:52 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
...if with all that "ghostly" crap you only mean that certain information strings due to complexity or extension take more time to be computed and organized in a system and thus that their "resolution" takes longer, then I will agree with you, but then that is self evident...
(although I seriously doubt that you did get 10% of what I just said to you)



what exactly was the point of the post on your part if not to try to sound condacending....wouldn't it be easier to say I agree, or I agree but I think this??? I have posted and will make it clear...if your debating to debate, then your doing so to hear "how good you truly think you sound" but if your debating to teach and learn then there is merit for people like myself to be here, if your asking me questions about my understanding of Christianity, I will give you my explainations....but if your here to simply "win" an arguement or "hear yourself talk" then it is CLEAR you ALREADY have "ALL" your ideals and morals and think your in fact correct about "all" of them....in which case it doesn't make sense to try to even argue with you about your initial post....I am glad you are in agreeance with me, I will not be foolish enough to try to even attempt to answer your other parts of your post with exaplinations because it is clear to me....you really wern't trying to Achieve anything positive by the post itself....
0 Replies
 
igm
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:55 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

God/Jesus...it easy to see that, if your purified then there (to me) is no NEED to be reborn and live 14 more lives in order to find enlightenment....but that it can be found after one purging....

So the atheist is purged in hell but is now grateful to God and can't wait to spend eternity in his presence due to learning his/her lesson by being tortured with flames etc... the devil allows him to leave to spend eternity in a place he didn't want to go to but prefers it to torture. Mmmm.... that sounds plausible to me ... no wait it doesn't.
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:58 pm
@StinkyPete,
StinkyPete Stick around poke fun and ask questions and I do not think that you will regret it. You are surrounded by people that you may grow to like!
0 Replies
 
igm
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 03:58 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

igm wrote:

reasoning logic wrote:

I like your thinking in this last post of yours!

So you like:
'I feel he means people may go to hell but be purged and forgiven...'
So we go off to hell and are tortured for some length of time that seems appropriate to God/Jesus. Then we are taken 'fresh as a daisy' to live for eternity in heaven. You like this thinking ....why?


I would like to be clear from the beginning that I am an atheist! This does not mean that I do not have compassion for others, ' it only means that I am not a theist!

I find great value in ethics and wish that all would study the subject.

I also study psychology and neuroscience and have come to the conclusion that people are not fully responsible for their actions even though society likes to hold them fully responsible!


mmm....not quite the an answer to the question I asked. But it is an answer and if I'd asked that question I'd be satisfied.
XXSpadeMasterXX
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:00 pm
@Arella Mae,
yes ok, if you read previous pages in this topic maybe 2 pages ago...i hit on this and explained my view about how I "feel" Jesus is the redemptive savior and says No one knoweth the way to the Father "EXCEPT" through me...so yes it is in fact "faith" in Jesus Christ.....I just didn't understand what you meant when you said one way and one way only....I DO believe that in order to find God (the Father) or Heaven you WILL have to accept and follow Jesus...
0 Replies
 
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:05 pm
@igm,
Sorry about that, I hope that the one who it was intended for will reply regardless! Drunk


Quote:
'I feel he means people may go to hell but be purged and forgiven..


Lets hope not!!!!
XXSpadeMasterXX
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:07 pm
@igm,
no like I have stated in previous postings....if you as an atheist are content with eternal slumber it "may" in fact happen. and if you wish to relive your lives or be reborn, it "may" in fact happen....personally, I DO NOT want to live 14 lives to find a place that has probably not been found yet in enlightenment....I wish to personally "believe" a place with utter euphoria can be found through ONE single lifespan that is all I am saying with regards to Buddhism and Christianity....
igm
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Sorry about that, I hope that the one who it was intended for will reply regardless! Drunk

No you replied to the correct person it just wasn't an answer to my question. It avoided an answer and gave… shall we say an answer worthy of a politician.
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:11 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
and if you wish to relive your lives or be reborn, it "may" in fact happen..


I like to consider myself as a born again atheist do you think it may help?

I was born an atheist then I was indoctrinated and then I found the truth and I am an atheist again!
0 Replies
 
igm
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:17 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

no like I have stated in previous postings....if you as an atheist are content with eternal slumber it "may" in fact happen. and if you wish to relive your lives or be reborn, it "may" in fact happen....personally, I DO NOT want to live 14 lives to find a place that has probably not been found yet in enlightenment....I wish to personally "believe" a place with utter euphoria can be found through ONE single lifespan that is all I am saying with regards to Buddhism and Christianity....

So who exactly qualifies for the outcome I stated ... it's not atheists so it must be...?

As I said earlier hell in Buddhism is more like a nightmare. Enlightenment is more about understanding that every moment is beyond words and concepts.
You don't have to defend Christianity by saying what you don't like about some other religion or philosophy. Especially if you don't know much about it.

So you want an eternity of 'utter euphoria' and not only that but you know heaven can deliver this...ok if you say so!
XXSpadeMasterXX
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:30 pm
@igm,
So who exactly qualifies for the outcome I stated ... its not atheists so it must be...?

Everyone in the "END" who deny Christ as Lord...and by end I mean Judgement day or Armageddon...for I see "other" religious kingdoms exists in my perceptions but that they will not stand forever because in my views "they" are divided...

As I said earlier hell in Buddhism is more like a nightmare. Enlightenment is more about understanding that every moment is beyond words and concepts.
You don't have to defend Christianity by saying what you don't like about some other religion or philosophy. Especially if you don't know much about it.

your right and I apologize....I am curios as to you explaining to me what the experience of this hellish nightmare are like? and how to explain Enlightenment? so that I DO understand them better....
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:49 pm
@igm,
Quote:
No you replied to the correct person it just wasn't an answer to my question. It avoided an answer and gave… shall we say an answer worthy of a politician.


Was it by your understandings of neuroscience and psychology that you came to the conclusion that my answer was worthy of someone who is a politician or was it of a different nature?
igm
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:51 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

I am curios as to you explaining to me what the experience of this hellish nightmare are like? and how to explain Enlightenment? so that I DO understand them better....

If your mind is dominated at death by hatred then since the mind like matter cannot be destroyed but can only change then after death we have a nightmare which can take any form just like having one when you're asleep now in bed. Mind creates the nightmare in life when we sleep and in death when we die if our mind is dominated by anger. When the results of anger have been experienced then we can be reborn in a place appropriate for a mind that has lower levels of anger.

Enlightenment is not a place but a state of mind that doesn't grasp at descriptions of reality... for you to understand you'd have to experience it in meditation. For most this would take quite a long time but some insights might happen quite quickly. This explanation is a relative truth. The ultimate truth explanation can only be experienced via meditation (it’s a wordless understanding) that's why the Buddha was meditating when he demonstrated his Enlightenment.
igm
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 04:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
No you replied to the correct person it just wasn't an answer to my question. It avoided an answer and gave… shall we say an answer worthy of a politician.


Was it by your understandings of neuroscience and psychology that you came to the conclusion that my answer was worthy of someone who is a politician or was it of a different nature?

No it wasn't it was more a joke about you not answering my question but providing your own answer to a question I hadn't asked. Smile
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:01 pm
@igm,
I think that we all have reality wrong and that we all need to forgive each other for our short comings.

I have shared what I think are some really good videos with all of you but I do not know if you all gave them the time of day.
These videos are not mine but only seem to share some of my thoughts but none of them are absolutely correct but they do have allot to offer!
 

Related Topics

Atheism - Discussion by littlek
The tolerant atheist - Discussion by Tuna
Another day when there is no God - Discussion by edgarblythe
church of atheism - Discussion by daredevil
Can An Atheist Have A Soul? - Discussion by spiritual anrkst
THE MAGIC BUS COMES TO CANADA - Discussion by Setanta
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/26/2020 at 03:28:35