Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 06:16 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
I also think that he's relying on something he read..much like everyone does, it's just a matter of what and how that effects "you" as a person within that belief.

What ever environment that you are exposed to does seem to have an affect on you and what ever environment that you expose yourself to as well.

The way your brain perceives things is a major game changer as well. Like the way you are able to know things without being told. That is your perception but for someone like me or Bill we would perceive that differently.
BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 06:17 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Silly person any believer in the Christian god is being as silly and irrational as someone believing in Zeus for example as both gods are as likely or an unlikely to be real IE near zero.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 06:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Do you agree that a God could or might exist? even though we have no evidence to support such a claim

During a discussion of possible explanations for existence, if the question is asked, "Could gods exist?"...I would respond, "Yes."
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 06:30 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
But your attitude to religious belief is the same as that of an atheist. That religious belief is not something to organise the life of a society around.

Actually, I think you are incorrect, but I want to be sure of what you are saying. Would you give an example of my attitude to religious belief that is the same as that of an atheist.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 06:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
"Could gods exist?"...I would respond, "Yes."

Ok so you think Gods can exist. If these Gods did exist would these gods be limited to doing only the things that you think are possible or would it be possible for these gods to do what ever they wish to do?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 06:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Ok so you think Gods can exist. If these Gods did exist would these gods be limited to doing only the things that you think are possible or would it be possible for these gods to do what ever they wish to do?

I have no idea of what gods can and cannot do. There may be limits on gods that I cannot even conceive of...and certainly there are things that can limit simply because of definition. (Can an omnipotent god make a rock so heavy it cannot lift it?"..."Can an omnipotent god make a distance so great it cannot traverse it?")

So what is your point, RL...without the inquisition.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

So what is your point, RL...without the inquisition.

Well basically the way I see it is that by your logic if a God could exist and create all that we see, then why couldn't he create things like elves, leprechaun , flying spaghetti monsters and so forth. The reason I say this is because think about it frank, "if it is possible for a God to create us, all the other animals and all that we see why couldn't he create something like elves, leprechauns, flying spaghetti monsters and so forth?

To be honest though with your logic a God would not be required to create those things because those things could exist all on their own but God is the part of you logic I am using to demonstrate your logical consistency.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:27 pm
@reasoning logic,
But, we created fairys, elves, monsters ... Where did we create them from?

Somewhere back here, there was some ancient story told by someone, where Easter "really" came from Smile

We may see evil, man may be evil, where did man see evil from.

Not many, claim to have seen God, or have been able to touch a "ghost".. Yet, all children saw the Easter Bunny...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
What ever environment that you are exposed to does seem to have an affect on you and what ever environment that you expose yourself to as well.

Most certainly.. We don't necessarily choose to be like our parents either, rather in alot of cases, we choose to do the opposite to what they believed in..

At some point we become an 'Adult' and understand that we can now make our own choices..

Which also points out that our parents really are "guiding us".. And, so doesn't it stand to reason that "some people" therefore, believe in "guides" by way of spirits... Because they were bought up already with guidance.

Quote:
The way your brain perceives things is a major game changer as well. Like the way you are able to know things without being told. That is your perception but for someone like me or Bill we would perceive that differently.

Major game changer how? Is it a preception, a gift, am I more open to receive...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:34 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Silly person any believer in the Christian god is being as silly and irrational as someone believing in Zeus for example as both gods are as likely or an unlikely to be real IE near zero.

Actually like you, grammer sucks. But, I'm a highly intelligent person, so that would make it difficult really to be known as "silly"... Although I make people laugh alot and there, they call me silly.... In any event, you are now defining this God, ? Christian Smile Says something doesn't it....

It's un-likely that you will have a brain tumor and as a result turn into a lustful old man and spend your nights in brothels... But, you know, it could happen...
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:36 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Where did we create them from?

I personally think that truth really shines through when we realize that really do not know how all of this came together and our guesses are probably wrong.

I like science and how it's working models explain things. I do realize that it is not perfect and we will forever continue to improve on these working models and by doing so we are at times able to benefit from progress.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
Human knowledge continues to grow and expand, but our limited biology and environment will also limit the extent of knowledge we will ever learn or know.

BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I have no idea of what gods can and cannot do

By the very idea of a god or gods they stand outside the universe and can change or nullify any law of nature of the universe at whim.

If you allow them to be limited by the laws of nature that is not how I would define god or gods.

You could have superiors beings that have amazing understanding and control of the universe by working within the laws of nature but they still would not be gods in my view.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:50 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Major game changer how? Is it a preception, a gift, am I more open to receive...

I really do not have answers but I do have viewpoints.

Quote:
Is it a preception

We do all perceive things differently, we are very fortunate not to be born with the perception of someone who is severely mentally retarded. There is a huge grey area of perception between being severely mentally retarded and being a genius.

Quote:
a gift

I would say that is your case because that is the way you perceive it to be, Kind of the way Ryan perceives himself to be a Profit and someone else may perceives them self as Jesus.

Quote:
am I more open to receive..

Maybe you are with somethings and probably not with others.
BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I do realize that it is not perfect and we will forever continue to improve on these working models and by doing so we are at times able to benefit from progress.

All through the ages mankind had deal with things that we had yet to understand by making up stories concerning gods as in the old lighting bolt as a weapon of the gods.

It is annoying that even those time after time turning to the theory of gods to explain things that we had yet to understand had proven to be both wrong and a dead end some of us are still doing so.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 08:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
but our limited biology and environment will also limit the extent of knowledge we will ever learn or know.

An you know this how?

We are looking back to near the beginning of the universe and looking into the details of the building blocks of matter and...........

All this knowledge gain in a few hundreds years and most of it in my life time so there is no indication that we are going to hit any inherited limit for a few millions years at least!!!!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 11:30 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
LOL your logic as lacking as your sense of reality it would seems.

The Christian god fantasy is an evil and ugly god fantasy by the accounts of the fantasy contain in the bible.

So real or not real how could anyone worship such a monster and evil being as portray in the bible.

To sum up real or fantasy does not in any way impact the above question. now does it?

Yes it does!!! Because if you truly felt God was not real...You would say something like God is not real, there is no evidence to support it, And sciences back it up...

But you don't you go on and on about how my (your view of God) is a monster...Which does not make any sense...If God is not real, he is and never was monster...Because he isn't real...But you do not seem to be able to understand this...You believe that by voicing your opinion to a Christian, and someone else who believes in a God, but not necessarily the Christian one does not make you someone trying to show your disprovable, and rejection of the small amount of faith you have! and you believe that by voicing your opinion to us...Is in any way, shows us that we are wrong for following him...When in actually it is you who thinks he is Just an evil God...A position that something an atheist would not even have to explain...

Why do you not pick apart the Hindu Gods? Islamic? Buddhist? Taoist? Shinto etc???

It is because you feel that the Christian God is real and a monster, and are against him, Not that you believe he is in fact not real...Or it matter very little indeed in the Bible's God was a monster or not now does it?? He is non-existent remember??
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 11:39 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
I question if most people turn on their brain and ask for example when watching a TV showing of the fantasy of the ARK/flood about all the humans and land animals that are being drown at the whim of god

If they would do so I question if the idea of a loving god would hold for long.

Can you see a reenactment of the slow drowning of men women and children as the ARK floated away?

How about a reenactment of Moses ordering the killing of all the prisons taken in the invasion of their lands but for the young women that had yet to know a man?

Showing the swords striking down women holding their babies in their arms in the thousands.

WHY does it matter to you? The Bible is NOT real anyways? No? So then it makes no difference!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 11:47 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

Than why do you keep repeating yourself??? Who are you talking to? Your not trying to sway religious....Your pounding your chest to these Gods...By your posts, not us...

It is not our fault, that you had a bad experience, and hence forth you claim God is evil...

Our experiences are different...But when you claim God is evil because...when rather saying he is non-existent Not Equal make any sense at all!

That is what is silly!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 12:20 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

I would say that is your case because that is the way you perceive it to be, Kind of the way Ryan perceives himself to be a Profit and someone else may perceives them self as Jesus.

In what way do you perceive things? and In what way do you explain these perceptions??

0 Replies