Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 03:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Most of us here know the fact that you also do not "believe" there are no elves, leprechaun , flying spaghetti monsters and so forth.

Really?

You folk "know" lots of things...many of which are not so.
igm

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 03:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
... Ok...?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 03:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Come on Frank we can only go by the logical consistency that you use. Do I need to explain?
BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 03:58 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
as a loving god but I bet your respected friends seen him as loving. They probably had an answer for anything that you seen as hateful in the bible.

I question if most people turn on their brain and ask for example when watching a TV showing of the fantasy of the ARK/flood about all the humans and land animals that are being drown at the whim of god

If they would do so I question if the idea of a loving god would hold for long.

Can you see a reenactment of the slow drowning of men women and children as the ARK floated away?

How about a reenactment of Moses ordering the killing of all the prisons taken in the invasion of their lands but for the young women that had yet to know a man?

Showing the swords striking down women holding their babies in their arms in the thousands.
BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 03:59 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I can't see any reason for you to bother about that if you were aware that people saying such things were stark, staring mad.

A ten year old child surrounded by such people?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:01 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

Can you see a reenactment of the slow drowning of men women and children as the ARK floated away?

They would probably avoid watching it and say that atheist made the movie to steer people away from god.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:03 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
The only difference with you, is that whilst they were searching for "does he exist", you were hell bent on searching for he doesn't

Wrong I was reading the bible to try to understand how anyone could believe this nonsense in it or worship such an evil god portray in the Bible.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:09 pm
@BillRM,
No you stumbled across some verses which suggested an evil passage.

You did believe in Santa Clause and you did believe in fairytales and you were taught of a God, and the Bible at least the basis of it. The day you realised there was no Santa Clause, is the day you felt that you needed to find out if there was a God or Jesus and that's when you started reading the Bible.

You state yourself, if it wasn't for some dude's book you read, that justified "to you" that there is no God, you wouldn't have found "your" answer.

So that means you were searching for one.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:18 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I may be wrong but I think he may have become an atheist by questioning everything he heard and by requiring proof or reasonable evidence to support claims for the things he was basing reality on. He probably did not take people's words for things but rather researched for himself and seen that so many people were wrong in what they believed and realized that he too could be wrong so he kept an open mind and did not just accept anything as being truthful.
BillRM

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
is the day you felt that you needed to find out if there was a God or Jesus and that's when you started reading the Bible

Wrong the Santa myth was behind me by a year at least more likely by two years before I started to question that my culture god exist and being a reader by nature I had read some of the bible before that period also.

Do not forget this is the time period where the bible was read to the children every day in school and the most hated woman in the country was the atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair.

It was rough being a very young non-believer to say the least in the 50s/60s.

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Come on Frank we can only go by the logical consistency that you use. Do I need to explain?

Give it a try. I think I am consistent.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Do you agree that a God could or might exist? even though we have no evidence to support such a claim
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:27 pm
@BillRM,
But, you are saying that the Santa Myth was behind you 1 or 2 years and that you then as a result started questioning the existance of God.

The Bible had been read to you as a child, and you had read parts of the Bible too.

So, isn't this what I stated? Once you realised the tooth fairy wasn't real, you questioned if there really was a God... As an avid reader, you delved and delved until you finally found this guy's version and went Phew.... I now have my answer for me.... Now everyone else is stupid for believing...

So, as I stated, others found their answer for them and think you are stupid for not believing.

The bottom line is, doesn't matter who believes or who doesn't, it appears that in order to believe or not believe, it's questioned first.
spendius

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 05:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
What if these people were your parents?

**** parents. They are obviously complete idiots for having you. Anybody who can't see through their parents by the age of 10 deserves all they get.

Do you have logical difficulties envisaging your conception rl? And the circumstances which led to such a dire event taking place. Teething was merely a taste of the plethora of joys to come.

One of those revolving doors in a posh hotel caused mine and that was due to a missed penalty in a football match the previous Saturday afternoon. The penalty hit the post and was cleared by the defence. Three inches to the left and you are most unlikely to be reading this post.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 05:12 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

**** parents. They are obviously complete idiots for having you. Anybody who can't see through their parents by the age of 10 deserves all they get.

I take it you did not have any kids?

Did you ever even marry?
spendius

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 05:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I understand why they want to count us as atheists. It would definitely improve the pool.

But it just is not so.

But your attitude to religious belief is the same as that of an atheist. That religious belief is not something to organise the life of a society around.
spendius

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 05:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Wrong I was reading the bible to try to understand how anyone could believe this nonsense in it or worship such an evil god portray in the Bible.

Why can't God be evil Bill? Without evil there is no good. Are you telling God how to behave?

Why don't you get yourself onto a branch with a dove and coo?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 05:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I may be wrong but I think he may have become an atheist by questioning everything he heard and by requiring proof or reasonable evidence to support claims for the things he was basing reality on. He probably did not take people's words for things but rather researched for himself and seen that so many people were wrong in what they believed and realized that he too could be wrong so he kept an open mind and did not just accept anything as being truthful.

I think you're kind of on the mark there. But, then I also think that he's relying on something he read..much like everyone does, it's just a matter of what and how that effects "you" as a person within that belief.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 05:45 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

Now I see what you wrote to me and why... Not all people are bitter with their parents, nor take stance as a result, they won't have kids or else they would be an idiot... What's to see through? Parents "think they are doing the right thing, or don't give a **** and we were a mistake, or have no clue" but the bottom line is, if they didn't have you, you wouldn't exist and I'm pretty sure you are glad that you do.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 05:51 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
if they didn't have you, you wouldn't exist and I'm pretty sure you are glad that you do.

It is in the shelter of each other that people live?

I just thought that I would share a remake of an old song.