Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

BillRM

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:33 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
Don't worry Bill, If you actually researched if further you would see that it was done back in 1907 and it was discredited and said to have little to no scientific merit.

I remember as a kid reading a fantasy about weighing departing souls from bodies but the whole idea that such a supernatural element as souls would had mass/weight even then amused me.

We live in a world of fools who carry bibles it would seems.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:45 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
I would n´t go as far as saying that they claim it but I am certainly convinced they believe it and that they suggest it more or less vaguely...obviously such confidence is unfounded and let me just remind people around I am an agnostic with strong tendency´s for atheism in terms of personnel belief...

If it is so unfounded...Do you care to explain this post??

http://able2know.org/topic/176688-2#post-4715575

Do you believe you were acting unfounded??
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:51 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
"Higher superiority?" I wish to **** you'd learn English. None of the posts you have linked show atheists asserting that they are morally superior, which is the claim by Izzy which i dispute. I realize that in the holy roller world, imprecision doesn't matter, because coherence is not valued. However, you have provided no evidence that a significant proportion of atheists belive that they are morally superior, which is what Izzy claimed.

I didn't "discredit" Bill or RL. I stipulated that Bill is probably an atheist who thinks he is morally superior--but one swallow does not a summer make. As for RL, i see no reason to assume he's an atheist.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:56 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
I remember as a kid reading a fantasy about weighing departing souls from bodies but the whole idea that such a supernatural element as souls would had mass/weight even then amused me.

We live in a world of fools who carry bibles it would seems.

Once again only looking thru your glass...

Could you not be the one who is the fool in the end? Or is this impossible...

It seems it not! Because Found Soul said she hasn't doesn't read the Bible...But yet you clearly put Bible carriers in there...Why???

I remember as a Kid, an evil Spirit tried to attack me, more than once...

Is my experience at a young age bullshit too?? When I did not even understand a God?? Is this less credible that your young experience?? Why??

What exactly amuses you about a soul having mass and weight?? "Prove to me" it is bullshit! If you can!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 01:00 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Science is really the boogieman for people like you and Found Soul, isn't it? I've not "used science" to attempt to "destroy [anyone's] personal experience." Personal experience is not considered reliable evidence, rhetorically, for a variety of reasons. However, this is exactly why i pointed out that Found Soul is rushing to judgment, making assumptions about others without knowing them. My rejection of theism has nothing to do with science; how you or anyone else interprets your personal experiences is a matter of indifference to me--but your personal experiences don't prove anything.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 01:05 am
@Setanta,
i wish to **** you'd say these words to Fil to see what he says...but you won't because you seem to believe i am not that important....but yet try to pounce to cause ****...because i am a theist...

And Don't bother asking me why I do not capitalize the "I" in myself...Because In my vast study of history, and my extensive understanding of the English language...It is acceptable for me to post to another to learn the English language, but then contradict myself, for personal reasons! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 2 Cents
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 01:09 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Science is really the boogieman for people like you and Found Soul, isn't it? I've not "used science" to attempt to "destroy [anyone's] personal experience." Personal experience is not considered reliable evidence, rhetorically, for a variety of reasons. However, this is exactly why i pointed out that Found Soul is rushing to judgment, making assumptions about others without knowing them. My rejection of theism has nothing to do with science; how you or anyone else interprets your personal experiences is a matter of indifference to me--but your personal experiences don't prove anything.

Good! Then please explain what you base your rejection of theism on?? Does it have to do with history?? Is that not being bias in your own way? Do you study other things than history BEFORE forming your conclusion about theism??
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 01:12 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I'm not obliged to submit to your interrogation, and certainly not to cooperate with it. This is typical of the passive-aggressive style of attack which you prefer. You're not going to get me to play your games, and i'm not going to rise to your bait.
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 01:15 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Fil is not a native speaker of English--one assumes, sadly, that you are. Nevertheless, as he can tell you, i've faulted his English time and again.

You really need some anger management counselling. Did you stay up late getting drunk and/or doing drugs, and now you've come here to lash out at people?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 01:16 am
@Setanta,
Good! Then dodge it! i Would actually prefer you just go back under your rock where you were hiding....

Let the thinkers do the thinking here...We were fine before you came...and we will be fine if you go!

Quote:
I'm not obliged to submit to your interrogation, and certainly not to cooperate with it. This is typical of the passive-aggressive style of attack which you prefer. You're not going to get me to play your games, and i'm not going to rise to your bait.

BTW...You a huge Hypocrite by this post...Because you do all that **** listed above, and bait me into arguments ALL THE TIME!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 01:21 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Fil is not a native speaker of English--one assumes, sadly, that you are. Nevertheless, as he can tell you, i've faulted his English time and again.

I was not speaking about his English...I was speaking about for you to comment on his post in which he says he feels (from an agnostic background, but high tendencies for atheism beliefs) that atheists act superior, purposely, or vaguely, but it is unfounded...So why not say what you said to me, to him?? and not just another theist??

Quote:
You really need some anger management counselling. Did you stay up late getting drunk and/or doing drugs, and now you've come here to lash out at people?

Nope, and neither! And since you like to critique English skills...The word is spelled "counseling"

Where you up late all night drinking or doing drugs that you missed that one? Is it fair game for me to tell you I wish to **** you'd learn the English language
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 01:54 am
@Setanta,
Quote:

Not really, I've already stated the page over that I will try to think with logic first, nothing to do with Science. I made reference of ghosts and science because science was been pushed here heavily as the alternative to reason. And therefore, I digress... I don't think I pointed out people here in particular with relation to their scientific thoughts if so, I apologise... You should say what you mean perhaps in future.

And, correct. I personally can only interpret things as being not logical, therefore IDK, so I'll go with what "he's having" because he had the exact same experience/or experiences and so did she, and he, and he... etc...

They don't prove a thing other than we aint the only ones telling simular if not almost exact "stories"... I can live with that.

In fact I'm not trying to prove anything, rather just talking, adding, my own opinions, thoughts.. I be happy with that and don't care what is slung my way, I'm a big girl.
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 03:12 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I do say what i mean--you're the one who has the problem with coherence. For example, i know of no one here who is "pushing" science as an alternative to reason, that would be idiotic, because science requires reason to be functional. This is just another example of your incoherence. If you could express yourself coherently, and actually use logic rather than just talking about it, most of these problems would go away.
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 03:16 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I use the English langauge a hell of a lot more effectively than you do . . .

Quote:
Where you up late all night drinking or doing drugs . . .

This is not a game you really want to get into, because you will consistently lose. As it happens, i don't take strong drink or drugs. If you don't, i wonder what excuse you have for your incoherence. You are even less able to express yourself clearly and follow a logical train of thought than Found Soul, and that makes you really pathetic.
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 03:18 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
By the way, as you cannot follow a logical train of thought--Izzy's claim was that atheists claim to be morally superior. Do you allege that this is what Fil is saying? Or is this yet another example of your incoherence?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 03:34 am
@Setanta,
But I do not critique your grammar, you choose to do it too me...

I never said my grammar is not worse than yours...I type the way I do, because I like the style, not because I do not understand how to do it...But if that is how your going to act...

"I wish to **** you'd learn the English language!"

Then make dam well sure your posts are perfect...Otherwise (someone told me) If your going to post bullshit...I will call you out on it!

Don't make such an ignorant post...If your a hypocrite in that fact as well!

Dickish move #101
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 03:37 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
By the way, as you cannot follow a logical train of thought--Izzy's claim was that atheists claim to be morally superior. Do you allege that this is what Fil is saying? Or is this yet another example of your incoherence?

Lets take it one step at a time...Why don't you answer what I said first about posting those remarks to Fil rather than a theist first...and I will answer yours...Because someone once said, I should refrain from being baited! Wink Wink 2 Cents
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 03:39 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
If Fil claims to be an agnostic, which is what you said, then it doesn't apply to him. This is what i mean about your inability to coherently follow a train of thought.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 03:40 am
@Setanta,
Your post to Found...

Quote:
I do say what i mean--you're the one who has the problem with coherence. For example, i know of no one here who is "pushing" science as an alternative to reason, that would be idiotic, because science requires reason to be functional. This is just another example of your incoherence. If you could express yourself coherently, and actually use logic rather than just talking about it, most of these problems would go away.

Or if you actually approached someone in a caring way to teach your knowledge they would listen to you, and not think your such a dickbag...and probably the rudest person on here?? But I am sure you know this since your a lot older than me? Right??
Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 03:42 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I don't "bait you into argument." You quoted a response i made to Bill, not to you. If you got angry enough to want an argument, that is no fault of mine.

That "let the thinkers do the thinking here" horseshit is really hilarious coming from you.