Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:33 pm
@JPB,
I think I am learning something, I like learning new things to me!
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 04:29 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

do you know for a fact that if a God exists....your right when you say he doesn't? how then is it meaningless?

It's not whether God exists or not. The point is that it is meaningless to say you can't know that he doesn't exist. You can't know that anything doesn't exist. As someone else says you can't prove this kind of negative.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 06:40 pm
@MonaLeeza,
MonaLeeza wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

It may be meaningless to you but it is not meaningless to me.

Sorry. I always get sucked in when theists try and offer something that looks like an attempt at logic (eg 'you can't know that God doesn't exist') but when it's questioned it turns out it wasn't an attempt at logic at all. I should know better.

And you feel the need to insult me why? Because I may not be as intelligent as you are? Because I believe something you don't?

You didn't offend me. I merely told you what I felt. It might be meaningless to you but it was not to me.
north

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 06:54 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

I am curious mostly to Atheists as to if Jesus did come in the second comming and said to you. I am Jesus, what will I have to do to prove to you I am the savior and God in the flesh....

What would you ask Jesus to do for you to prove he is the savior??

recant the consequence of Eve's eating of the the apple , in god's mind
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:27 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

MonaLeeza wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

It may be meaningless to you but it is not meaningless to me.

Sorry. I always get sucked in when theists try and offer something that looks like an attempt at logic (eg 'you can't know that God doesn't exist') but when it's questioned it turns out it wasn't an attempt at logic at all. I should know better.

And you feel the need to insult me why? Because I may not be as intelligent as you are? Because I believe something you don't?

You didn't offend me. I merely told you what I felt. It might be meaningless to you but it was not to me.

I didn't question your intelligence or your belief - I questioned the logic of one statement that you made. And then I expressed my frustration that you dismissed what I said by simply (at least appearing) to take offense rather rather addressing my argument. As I've now said a number of times here is that what I think is 'meaningless' is to say that ' you can not know that God doesn't exist' because you can not prove that ANYTHING doesn't exist. Nowhere did I say that your beliefs or anyone else's are meaningless. It's about basic logic, not your feelings.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:30 pm
@MonaLeeza,
I didn't take offense. I did not dismiss what you said. I merely responded to it. I am sorry if you don't like the way I responded to it.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:33 pm
@StinkyPete,
You are also IGNORED!
Below viewing threshold (view)
MMarciano

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 09:03 pm
@StinkyPete,
It means nobody wants to hear or read what you have to say. And once they put you on ignore they don't see what you post.
StinkyPete

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 09:04 pm
@MMarciano,
Oh.

Arella Mae, that bitch.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 11:18 pm
@JPB,
your right i misread sorry about that...buttom line is I don't have faith in Paul (least not as a savior) or in ANY other man or women but God himself Jesus...I think that 'conservative Christianity" is totally missing the "point" of Christ' words a bit or torturing it around....or totally going in a negative path...to clarify, I think Paul was trying to show to continue to "do" these goods aspects Jesus showed throughout his life....but there will come a time when you stumble and that is why the Messiah is there....Jesus states and I quote, No one knoweth the way to the Father "EXCEPT" through me....tells me that Jesus wanted people to know his divine purpose (redemptive Messiah) or that he as the son of God came to redeem...if people today take it upon themselves to say they "know" God, then it's their choice, not anyone to blame (such as Paul) but people themselves...but by God's grace and from Jesus himself....if they accept Jesus they can be "saved" and you can't make it to Heaven by deeds alone...but by "faith" in God...and simple fact is Jews deny this claim which I personally disagree with them that salvation is obtained thru laws...to speak correctly from God himself...(it is obtained by laws AND faith when you disobey laws....) Jesus claims also in revelations that those who dip their garments in his blood are WORTHY of life eternal....and that Jesus is the first born of the "dead" the mear fact if asking is yes, it is better to say you believe and stumble. but ultimatly Believe when shown Jesus is lord and ultimatly except Christ during death.... (modern day Christianity (to a lot))then to claim to be "saved" by the laws or commands, when it is IMPOSSIBLE (Jews, the devout ones) "true" believers "obey" laws AND have "faith"....also Jesus talks about this and says many will say they knew God (by actions said of in the Old testament (the Father) but when before Jesus, for they deny he exists (most Jews) the Jews will say I obeyed your voice God, and Jesus will reply, my Child I NEVER knew you!....and he also says those which you have not done for the LEAST of my brothers and sister you have not done for me, and also, those who reject who I have sent (apostles, (modern day deciple) reject me, and those who reject me, reject the ONE who SENT me (Father)
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 11:53 pm
@StinkyPete,
lol... what is your position here? you "claimed" to be against Christians and also Against Atheists....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 12:25 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Jpb....to give even a "better" description...the devout Jew believes in salvation in Laws...which I think is not 100% accurate, and modern day Christians (a lot) twist Christ' words and teachings around and basically say as long as I believe in Christ I will "be saved" which to me is not 100% accurate either....true salvation is found by doing and applying both of these fundamentals....but IF I had to CHOOSE...I "see" that it's impossible to have salvation from God on the basis of Laws...for it is impossible for humans to be correct in them "all" the time....where as in Christianity, if "either" could work...admitting your sinful nature and accepting God, shows submission to God and acceptance of evil deeds one has done, and you accept you need "faith" in God, and plausible to be entered in Heaven...I "think" anyone who truly wishes to accept Christ will be able to, and make it in Heaven....and in Gods views "faith" is greater than deeds....I hope this helps!
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 12:58 am
I found great value in the bible over the years even though I do not think that it is the word of God as it is thought of by many other people.

Any of you who would like to know the New testament better this should be able to give you more insight!

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 01:39 am
@reasoning logic,
ty, just one point...if you take God totally out of the Bible totally out of the equesion, they the Bible is "still" a useful tool or guide to live your life by...(from my perspective) why do people feel then it is incorrect because it has teachings from one who calls himself God in it? (just curious) (because it seems to me people do not like what "they" hear about God presuming for a second that Christian text is correct and Jesus is God)...

Also, I struggle with this second point myself...from what I see with my visions and dreams is that I can hear God, and have deeper perceptions of mine and others thoughts as well as E.S.P. basically )(is the best way to describe having prophetic ability)....but know that the way I hear things is said that way specifically so that I myself can understand what God is basically saying to me...and or How he would truly word it to all so that All in unity can grab what he is in fact saying....for if he is all knowing and we are not, his ways would have to be much more devine and complex to the point of infinancy...it's a very difficult thing, the way it is explained to me is that 3 entities make up one living God, Jesus/Father/Holy Spirit and that the Holy Spirit is what gives the ability to be a Prophet/Prophetess...which is God speaking in "them" which is how scripture and or Gods words are perserved...(I myself am working with another to "try" to use my perceptions and comentating the whole book of revelations...what exactly does Jesus mean with all the sybolisims...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 02:04 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
and also to answer your post...I personally believe that the Bible is God (Holy Spirit) in certain people (prophets, prophetess) to or for them to write God's words for us humans to use...now would God think of it differently that is a different debate...I think if he is as Christians say, than it's easy to believe that his ways would be SO complex we wouldn't in fact understand him or to better sum it up to me "personally" I can easily see that Jesus "best" describes how God in the Flesh would want other humans to "live" their lives so that is has meaning...and to "better Humanity"
StinkyPete

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:11 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I'm an agnostic.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:26 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

and also to answer your post...I personally believe that the Bible is God (Holy Spirit)

I cannot see how something as ludicrously bureaucratic, and plain weird, as Leviticus could be the word of God. The Bible was written by men, (arguably some may have been divinely inspired,) but what we call The Bible today was put together to support Constantine. I think the Gospel of Thomas (non-Biblical) is far more spiritual than that written by Luke(Biblical.)
JPB

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 06:22 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I think the Gospel of Thomas (non-Biblical) is far more spiritual than that written by Luke(Biblical.)

amen