Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 06:41 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Classic examples of what having a belief system does to you.

Defining the world based on belief systems is like defining women based on the tingling in yer groin when you see them. Animals only feel and define their world accordingly. Humans can think! Well, those who haven't parked their wits and are waiting for Jesus and judgment can, anyway...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 06:45 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I heard a Jewish man say something like that but he said it a little different!

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 06:57 am
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
You can say "god don't exist" or "god exists", but in my opinion you need to be clear on what you mean about "god".

I will be perfectly clear on my belief about "God"

Quote:
I believe that the "naive-realistic" idea of a personified entity of god that christians believe in is nothing but a fantasy born of misunderstandings and wishful thinking.

I believe that Christ said my words will by no means pass away! since believers still have "faith" in Jesus shows that it is not a fantasy born of misunderstandings and wishful thinking...but more likely than not reality....

Quote:
I believe that the god of the bible is a metaphor, a collective term for all the forces and energies that make up reality. I believe that fundamentally all of existence is one singular unity.

may be in deed correct...but I don't feel a God would be willing to do evil or show evil that to me defeats unity...and evil is in "reality" and divides us from "unity"

Quote:
I think modern physics is beginning to uncover this unity in the smallest scales of reality we know of, but I also think that it is possible to come to understand this by understanding how the human mind and perception works. I think that this understanding lies behind the metaphorical god that is portrayed in the bible.

prove it....

Quote:
Based on this, saying that god does or does not exist is kind of like saying that 60 minutes do or don't exist.

not to me...saying God exists and having faith in him is calling a spade a spade, and saying a God doesn't exist is like saying I have no cards in my hand other than spades...(my perspective) is having "faith" in a God is more direct...along the lines of what a being of one unity would be than trying to use science to provide "proof" a one singular being exists....

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:01 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
beliefs seem to have emotional attachments to them but ideas or understandings can be open to new facts that can change our understanding about reality.

When believers start to question their own beliefs, life might start to seem like heaven for all of us.

Is it better to have a belief, or an understanding?

and atheists are not emotional attached to their views? same can be said about "faith" and using understanding to except "faith" where as you can accept wisdom...and in grasping understandings....wisdom says you will never understand it all....So I would rather have "faith" which teaches wisdom...than understandings, that will or can not simply "ever fullfilled to the top no matter what...time is not on our side....and also, you "feel believers should abandon there beliefs in order to satisfy Atheists? that sounds a little selfish don't you think? All should be free to believe what they want to believe....same way believers should never "try" to force religion down a persons throat...lead them to the river and let them take the drink...or "leap of faith" by forcing all it ever does is cause rebelling....
rosborne979

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:06 am
@reasoning logic,
Good video.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:29 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I am not trying to be mean or come across in a bias way.

I know that there is much that I have wrong in my understanding of reality.
Most of what I know came from other people throughout my life time and very little of what I know is my own material.

What I find very interesting is that if we apply logic to anything other than our own belief, we can easily see how well logic works but when it is applied to our own beliefs we will not always be intellectually honest with ourselves!

Try and use logic to disprove other far away religions that you think may be false and then see if you can be honest applying the same logic to yours!

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:39 am
@reasoning logic,
this is one mans opinion....notice how he does not go into detail about how Jews believe in there Torah that they will abtain God by following their commandments....when it is CLEAR as crystal to see it is impossible to keep the laws "all the time" Jesus came and embraced and forgave just as a said messiah would....he did not come to be served but he was a servant....and the endless preaching he delievered with meaning that people can use today! again people twisted Christ's words not Christ twisting his OWN words....I can return the same thing and say that the torah and old testament are pretty much the same thing....would you personally believe in the God depicted in the old testament? or the one in the new as spoken of Jesus?? that is what I thought....your logic defeats itself and you posted this to "win" a debate....It is clear to see that Jesus life had "meaning" to it and that ANY person would or should acknowledge the God of the new testament rather than the old....but in fact they are one....sounds like this jewish person depicts the comming of the savior as to be what Christians call the AntiChrist...rather conviently, everything looks great and is believable....all are in harmony, but one thing all give up there souls to embrace his false signs and wonders where it is easy to see that in order to except God one must take a leap of "faith" so no not everything is on a silver spoon in everyone s mouth...Also if Jesus is fake, why did he chose to be born of the jews? how would it be fair if ONLY jews were saved? this mans seems to try to be denying the fact the jews were the ones who sent Jesus to the cross and opened it up for all nations....as far as the pictures with paganism....where did he find all these pictures from pagan religions??? I am curious....also google miracles of virgin mary and or Jesus or christianity....and you can see from "our" perspective the same can be said to Judaism....it is 'CLEAR" to see that the virgin mary exists, and or Jesus did and there fore easy to see that if some of what Jesus said is true, why wouldn't all of it?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:44 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Also a reply to all Atheist....are you not still Atheist after hearing that jewish man speak about the Torah? or do you in fact excpet the Torah as your scripture? I didn't think so! so therefor, seems like your trying to "win" a debate...it is very easy to see that Jesus even if not God was an inspiring, truthful, genuine, heartfelt, empathetic. sympathetic etc individual, anyone who claims other wise to me is out for a debate or doesn't value what is good for humanity....if we could all be like Jesus, god or no god, would we be better off as a race? i thought so!
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 07:59 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I do not think that anyone is trying to debate with you We are all here just sharing point of views and questioning our own understandings. That's all!

You remind me of Rev Ernest Poe! I think he is great

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 08:02 am
@reasoning logic,
as for this movie, I don't need to see someone ranting about modern day Christianity...I will state again for about the tenth time many peoples actions do not depicte a "true" Christian, and they may fall for it, they may not...people twisted Christ's message, but they have faith in Jesus is the point....not their flaws, for we all have flaws....and furthermore, this is all things said and spoken of in end times in the Christian Bible....( read it)
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 08:22 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
..I will state again for about the tenth time many peoples actions do not depicte a "true" Christian,

From what I understand there is close to 38,000 Christian denominations

Which one of these do you think are teaching how to be a "true" Christian?

With that many Christian denominations being divided against themselves It is amazing that a "true" Christian can even exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 09:29 am
For people who want to be a "true" Christian I think that you should at least question your own understanding about Christianity!

Is there a possibility that any of us can be wrong about our understanding of Jesus?

JESUS VS PAUL 1 SHOCKING...MUST WATCH

igm

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 09:51 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:
This is meaningless. You cannot KNOW that there isn't a giant 6 headed monster standing outside your front door waiting to hit you over the head with a giant pretzel but you'd look pretty stupid if you planned your day around the possibility. I don't understand why God isn't subject to normal comonsense logic like other imaginary beings.

if God chose to reveal himself as a "giant 6 headed monster with pretzels to hit people" then the ones who had faith in this monster would wait and it would either "happen" someday or not, ("Christ's return) it is your simple assertations that make it "stupid" but flip it around and if this monster did come one day...the ones who had faith and waited would be prepaired for him (believers) and the ones who deny "faith" would be wrong...same way believers show faith in what you call "imaginary" (which in any event the life of Jesus is MORE than a giant 6 headed monster to most including ones who deny him) and doubters find ways to try to "provide" proof to destroy "faith" with to me if your reason based....then there is NO way to destroy faith, or in your post the faith to some that a giant 6 headed moster with pretzels would "come" one day...no one knows...in the end of God, no God...

This as you probably know is the 'Pascal's Wager' argument. See link if you're not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 10:13 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

as for this movie, I don't need to see someone ranting about modern day Christianity...I will state again for about the tenth time many peoples actions do not depicte a "true" Christian, and they may fall for it, they may not...people twisted Christ's message,
I agree. Starting with Paul and those who perpetuated his meaning as the true meaning of Jesus' words.

Quote:
but they have faith in Jesus is the point....not their flaws, for we all have flaws....and furthermore, this is all things said and spoken of in end times in the Christian Bible....( read it)
I have read it. And, they don't have faith in Jesus. They have faith in Paul. They trust in Paul that Jesus came as a redemptive messiah. Paul, as that retched sinner you so embrace, needed a redemptive Christ. So he created one. What is the origin of Original Sin as Christians commonly understand it today? I'll give you a hint. It's in Romans. Prior to Paul, Jews would atone for their sins (not Sin, as in retched Sinners in need of salvation) through prayer, fasting, and direct participation with those they had sinned against. They still do.

Not until Paul was how you treated your fellow human irrelevant. Jesus taught to be a better Jew and human, to be granted salvation through blessed participation in life. Paul throws all that aside and states that it doesn't matter what you do so long as accept your sinful nature and you accept Christ as your redeemer.

Jesus wept.
JPB

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 10:14 am
@reasoning logic,
I haven't seen these, rl. It's a subject that's near and dear to me. I'll take a look. Thanks.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 11:33 am
@JPB,
why then does Jesus ask at the last supper, to the apostles...who do "they" say I am...and they answered and said some say Elijah the Prophet, still others say John the baptist....and Jesus says, and who do you say I AM...and they responded the Messiah, the Christ!....and Jesus goes on to show admiration in them for understanding this....??

I remember Jesus saying the 2 most important commandments are to love thy neighbor as thyself and love God above ALL things...so where is behavior toward another irrelevant till paul? and Jesus says he is King of the jews and his kingdom (Heaven) is not of this world to pilate....and Jesus also says no one know the way to the father except through me...I am the life, the way, the truth.....he also says I am here to lead the captives away...seems to me that Paul had a "good" grasp that he was infact the messiah as spoken of....from the old testament to Isaiah saying make his paths straight etc....up to the point of Paul doing MORE than the other origonal 11 apostles COMBINED! in his letters...think about it if it wasn't to go down the way it did with Paul...how fair of a Messiah would he be if Heaven were only open to Jews? Paul understands and states these things because he "knew" that none would be complete with actions alone...and again when you stumble to seek the savior, Jesus Christ...Jesus wept, because he knew the Jews forsaken him, even till death...therefor, by the power of the Holy Spirit which is also part Jesus, Paul spoke and said because you further reject Jesus and Heaven is for gentiles alike, rightfully so!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 11:43 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
and if Jesus was not a redemtive Christ, why when Judas betrays him with a kiss does Jesus say, Oh Judas, you betray your LORD with a kiss??
JPB

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 11:46 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Ah, yes, Luke. The most Pauline of all the gospels.

Quote:
Both Matthew (26:47–50) and Mark (14:43–45) use the Greek verb kataphilein, which means to kiss firmly, intensely, passionately, tenderly or warmly. It is the same verb that Plutarch uses to describe a famous kiss that Alexander the Great gave Bagoas.[2] According to John, Jesus responded by saying "Friend, do what you are here to do." This has caused speculation that Jesus and Judas were actually in agreement with each other and there was no real betrayal.[3] Luke (22:47–48) presents a very different picture: Jesus sees Judas coming and stops him by asking: "Judas, are you betraying the son of man with a kiss?" The kiss is apparently not delivered at all. Geza Vermes, however, in his book Jesus the Jew, presents a very different view: The Aramaic word barnasha—literally "son of man" but meaning "this person"—is used in Rabbinic literature as a humble, self-effacing way to refer to oneself, to the speaker. It corresponds exactly to the Japanese word sessha, "this one," an old-fashioned way to say "I" or "me" when talking to a superior. Jesus would be saying "You would use a kiss to betray me?" wiki

In the Gospel of John, nothing at all is said about the kiss of Judas. In the Gospel of Luke this episode is immediately followed by the healing the ear of a servant.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 11:57 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
The First Epistle to the Corinthians is the earliest known mention of the Last Supper

Pure Paul.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2011 12:11 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I remember Jesus saying the 2 most important commandments are to love thy neighbor as thyself and love God above ALL things...so where is behavior toward another irrelevant till paul?

I said just the opposite. Jesus did teach that there were only two things to remember. To be right with your neighbor (we are all neighbors) and to be right with God. Only Paul brought in the redemptive nature of atonement through faith.