Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 09:17 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
On a side note, have you seen this picture of Jesus? Not the best rendering.
http://i43.tinypic.com/nd0l0i.jpg
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 09:33 am
@izzythepush,
...No I haven't...Where is it from?

Is that a Mummy is the shed thing?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 09:35 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
My daughter got it off 4 Chan. It cracks me up. Looks like it might have something to do with Lazarus, but Jesus looks well dodgy.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 09:57 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I don't see the point in sharing a book with someone who only watches videos.

Is that what you call this typing of yours that I am here reading, "videos?

Quote:
Like you, they believed that they knew the truth

Please tell all of us this truth, "that I believe I know, so that me, you and all the readers can know this truth that you believe I know?

Quote:
they believed that they knew the truth, and found it very difficult to accept that other people could get on with their lives without bothering about what others thought was the truth.

That seems to be very empathetic of them to go out of their way and help someone out, that they thought may have been lost or emotionally challenged.

Many people could care less to study moral truths. How often do you study moral philosophy?

Do you really care how you or your kid's mores will end up? If so what do you do to build up your moral understanding? Do you think that Ethics is something that needs not studying?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:00 am
@reasoning logic,
You don't read books, you watch stuff on youtube. I'm sorry you don't get the vernacular, but that is what is commonly understood over here by the term 'video.'

My kids know the difference between right and wrong, they worked most of it out for themselves, and they are fortunate enough to have a fantastic role model.

I don't know what the truth is, that's why I'm very suspicious of people who claim that they do.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:23 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I don't know what the truth is, that's why I'm very suspicious of people who claim that they do.

I can only guess that you do not know the truth about many subjects but to think to yourself that you know a subject well enough without even studying it is beyond my understanding. I also doubt that you are suspicious about all people who may claim they know a subject.

Quote:
My kids know the difference between right and wrong, they worked most of it out for themselves, and they are fortunate enough to have a fantastic role model.

I can only guess that many parents might think that about their kids. Do you think that a cannibal or a pedophile might think the same way about their kids?

Even evil people love their own. If the daughter of a evil father were to ask him for some food, "he will not give her a rock, at least I hope not. How much better would someone be if they were able to extend their ethical radius to include all of us?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:25 am
@reasoning logic,
You like to speak in extremes don't you? Cannibals and paedophiles indeed. Not so much Reasoning Logic, as Mindless Hysteria.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:29 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Cannibals and paedophiles indeed

Cannibals and pedophiles indeed have been a part of reality whether you want to believe it or not and some times the truth can be inconvenient.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:34 am
@reasoning logic,
Doesn't stop them being extremes.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:39 am
@izzythepush,
That is correct and it is why I used them to let you know that even extremist think that they know how to raise kids. Idea
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:44 am
@reasoning logic,
Which implies that those who don't agree with you, hold similarly extreme views. Quite a hysterical response all in all.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:46 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Which implies that those who don't agree with you, hold similarly extreme views.

You live in a world of make believe, you seem to make it up as you go.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:49 am
@reasoning logic,
I'm not surprised you consider the ability to discern the implied as 'make believe.'
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 11:56 am
@izzythepush,
That was a question to you about the morality of extremists and how they may have thought to themselves about their own nature, I only used it as an illustration. I also asked you a question to see if you had a different response than that of an extremest, "about how you learn morality and teach it to other people.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 12:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
Most people don't need to 'learn' morality as a particular subject. It's part of everyday life. I don't know what's particularly moral about expecting people to watch videos that expound your particular ideology.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 01:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Most people don't need to 'learn' morality as a particular subject.

Are you confusing the word "need" for the word "want" or do you truly know what most people need?

Quote:
It's part of everyday life.

Do you think that a slave master's everyday life helps him to understand morality to the best of his ability or is there another way that might help him to excel in this area of moral understanding?

Do you think it may require shakers to shake us up and make us think so that we can evolve morally?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 02:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
I don't know any slave masters, so you'll have to ask them.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 02:16 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I don't know any slave masters, so you'll have to ask them.

It was only my way of trying to get you thinking about how slave masters of the past learned moral understanding and to see if it may have been similar to the way you or I learn morality.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 02:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
You seem to be confusing a sense of right and wrong with how people act. Most people know when they do something wrong, it doesn't necessarily stop them from doing it.

What has any of this got to do with not wanting to watch one of your videos?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 02:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What has any of this got to do with not wanting to watch one of your videos?

None of this has anything to do with not wanting to watch one of my videos.
What these questions have to do with is, how you and many other people think everyday life is the best way for people to learn morality.

I was only suggesting that there could be a better way. We do have people who have studied ethics and we can learn from the work that they labored so hard for.
Socrates;
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.